• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

Dead Man

Are you getting a "clear" connection?, I've got 20mbps according to speedtest but its a bit more pixalated then i would like

This is the picture I am getting in Australia:

XTd2.jpeg

I think it's just not a very good stream.

Arcticfox

I don't think I have ever seen a heat resistant pad duct taped to a drivers foot during a race before.

The stream is not the best quality but at least it has been fairly smooth for me. Due to the time of the average race in the US and the quality of the stream I will probably not get a subscription but this has been nice to see. I am pretty sure race 2 tomorrow will also be streamed for free.

torontoml

I've been predominantly f1 for the last few years, did that garage they showed a few minutes ago seem really large in comparison?

Dead Man

Missed the last part of the race due to work, what happened to the Mercs?

Edit: There is also a link to a survey on the steaming options that includes pricing options, be sure to let them know that charging people with no TV options is stupid.

TylerD

I missed the last part of the race due to a work call.

I found a couple of other streams out in the wild internet but having an official stream priced very reasonably with better video quality (not like tonight) would be great.

Agreed on the statement about charging people that dont have any TV access to watch as well.

---

My roommate and I decided to cut the cable cord yesterday so I won't have TV access to most racing this year. This will be very interesting.

moojito

So as a lot of you knowledgeable nascar types predicted, Patrick is nowhere near the front for Phoenix. JPM, the only other driver I know is really far down as well. What's the main difference between Phoenix and Daytona that would cause that? Or is the lack of restrictor plate causing it?

Vicious

You have to actually use your brakes.

Also, not that she was going to qualify well anyway, but you could see something was really wrong with her car setup as she was doing her laps. It was bouncing all over.

Vicious

As to the differences between Daytona and Phoenix, Daytona is 2.5 miles with 31 degree banking, Phoenix is 1 mile with 8 to 12 degree banking.

moojito

As to the differences between Daytona and Phoenix, Daytona is 2.5 miles with 31 degree banking, Phoenix is 1 mile with 8 to 12 degree banking.

Yeah, you can really see the difference in the track size. Surely it's going to be crash central with all those cars on such a small track.

Vicious

Yeah, you can really see the difference in the track size. Surely it's going to be crash central with all those cars on such a small track.

Small? Nah, the half mile short tracks like Bristol or Martinsville are small. Cramming 43 cars onto them is quite the show.

moojito

They scheduled that for the same time as the nationwide race? That's pretty rubbish. I saw it mentioned earlier and thought I'd try and catch it too.

Chris R

They scheduled that for the same time as the nationwide race? That's pretty rubbish. I saw it mentioned earlier and thought I'd try and catch it too.

Not exactly the same time, the Rolex stuff is going on for another 2.75 hours and just started.

moojito

What a save from the #12 there. Celebrating his 10 place gain on the pit stop with a mid-lap pirouette.

Arcticfox

Some great racing in the Grand-Am race so far. I really want to go see the double header with American Le Mans and the World Endurance Championship at COTA in September.

Chris R

Really good racing in Austin so far today. Close action with tons of passing and even a little bit of contact. Just wish the stands were a bit more full!

edit: WELL that escalated quickly.

edit 2: someone gif that please :( I would if I knew how to get the video off my directv box onto my pc easily.

edit 3: At least Grand Am uploads their own youtube clips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvEiiEGwrgA Hope that works for everyone.

TylerD

Plenty of argey bargey lol

I am glad that I didnt doze off before that safety car popped up. The last 10 laps saved the weekend a bit.

the stream behaved much better for me this race. If it is going to be like that I might shell out 50 or so to have a reliable way to watch the V8s live.

Dead Man

I love it when Van Gisbergen wins. That victory lap.
Yeah, good lad.
I am glad that I didnt doze off before that safety car popped up. The last 10 laps saved the weekend a bit.

the stream behaved much better for me this race. If it is going to be like that I might shell out 50 or so to have a reliable way to watch the V8s live.

Too bad the aussie dollar is so strong at the moment. A few years ago it would have been half price for you.

B.K.

SPEED channel is going away.

Fox Sports is expected to announce this month its plans for Charlotte-based Speed channel.

While motorsports will continue to be a big chunk of programming, the company is likely to retire the Speed name late this summer and replace it with a channel called Fox Sports 1.

This would provide Fox a platform to broaden the channel’s focus into other sports, including content drawn from the network’s NFL and Major League Baseball contracts.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/03/01/3884099/mark-washburn-speed-channel-rebranding.html

TylerD

Does it seem like there is better racing so far at Phoenix than last year? Sure feels like there is a lot more movement through the field.

Eww Danica done.

moojito

What a finish. Glad the guy with the big winless streak won in the end. It's not as good when you're watching racing not knowing any of the drivers and have noone to cheer for. So I was hoping that guy won when I heard about that near the end.

Chris R

It was a pretty good race with lots of back and forth action through most of the field. Wish JPM did better but hey, he did lead a few laps!

Top Bottom