• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

Live what? What what?

You should've linked it here earlier :(

It's all good, tiger... now I know about it :)

Ha, but you're the MOARSTREAMZPLZ king. I thought you knew?!?!

It really is a great move by them. It looks like it's blocked in countries that have TV deals in place, but the rest of the world can get full access on youtube (in English to boot). They're looking to expand the formula, so it does make a lot of sense to get more countries watching.

Like Tyler said, I fullscreen that puppy on my TV, and I'm good to go.

Edmond Dantes, you still on for the 24hr thread?

Dead Man

Live what? What what?

You should've linked it here earlier :(

It's all good, tiger... now I know about it :)

Somebody didn't read the OP ;)

I love what DTM is doing to make the series available. I don't have to worry about finding a live stream or torrent. Just pop up the YouTube vid on my bigscreen and watch. I need to grab the V8 Supercars from this past weekend. Mustn't slack off!

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. V8's could take a page from that. Charging internationally for online for such a local series is a mistake I think. Charge Australians, fair enough, we can watch free on TV, but when they are trying to get interest going in countries with no live coverage making people pay seems like a silly way to do it.

dubc35

Some B&W pics from 2008 24h du Mans

original.jpg

original.jpg

Not that qualifying means much in a 24-hr race, but 3:22 by Duval in the #2 Audi is impressive, but then he's no stranger to running fast laps at La Sarthe. Wonder how much harder they'll push tomorrow, if they do at all.

Toyota had better hope the R18s really can only go 9-10 laps per tank this year, since they sure don't look like they're going to win on pace.

Shaneus

Somebody didn't read the OP ;)
I think I might've already subscribed to that channel, just didn't know they did full, live streams of the races. I noticed a bunch under my subs on YT from "DTM", just no actual streams.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. V8's could take a page from that. Charging internationally for online for such a local series is a mistake I think. Charge Australians, fair enough, we can watch free on TV, but when they are trying to get interest going in countries with no live coverage making people pay seems like a silly way to do it.
Fucking oath. But given they use the same app as the F1 for live timing (at a similar price), I'm guessing the V8 execs prefer ripping off their audience rather than assisting them.

Qualifying for Le Mans has started. Eurosport 1 in the UK.
So that's this weekend, yes? IS there a YT live stream of the qualis?

Edit: I guess this is it?

Edit #2: Maybe not... only seems to show a 1:18 trailer of it :/ I guess this is the official streaming site: http://www.lemans-tv.com/

Shaneus

Did the GT-One ever have anything to do with the 24hr endurance races like Le Mans and Nurburgring? It obviously looks like it has LMP-1 influences, but I don't know if it was ever used in that regard.

Did the GT-One ever have anything to do with the 24hr endurance races like Le Mans and Nurburgring? It obviously looks like it has LMP-1 influences, but I don't know if it was ever used in that regard.

It was built for Le Mans through and through, and although it was initially entered as a GT1, (thanks to some loopholes in the regulations), it was essentially a purebred prototype that required little modification to meet the regs for the new LM-GTP prototype class.

Losing Le Mans in 1999 to the BMW V12 LMR in the final hour is definitely "the one that got away" from Toyota, and one they'd surely love to put behind them.

Dave_6

Looks like the GTE-Pro class could be the best it has been in quite a while. Too bad BMW isn't in it again :( Any idea why they don't race in this anymore?

Hackbert

Looks like the GTE-Pro class could be the best it has been in quite a while. Too bad BMW isn't in it again :( Any idea why they don't race in this anymore?

maybe because their newly love for the DTM since last year? just a guess so.. and yeah, too bad i will miss the 24h start of the race, but will join you guys watching trough the night

TylerD

Someone needs to get up the LM 24 OT.

edit:
Edmond Dantès;57896478 said:
Le Mans is just around the corner. A separate thread this year or not? If so, I'll do it again for third year in a row.

Paging Mr. Dantes, paging Mr. Dantes.

I am on-call this weekend and praying it is slow so I can watch it in all its glory.

Shaneus

It was built for Le Mans through and through, and although it was initially entered as a GT1, (thanks to some loopholes in the regulations), it was essentially a purebred prototype that required little modification to meet the regs for the new LM-GTP prototype class.

Losing Le Mans in 1999 to the BMW V12 LMR in the final hour is definitely "the one that got away" from Toyota, and one they'd surely love to put behind them.
Fantastic, thanks for that. Always seems like the Japanese never seem to make inroads into any significant, European-dominated motorsport (particularly this and even F1). Lost their grip on WRC as well, sadly... but that's far from what it used to be.

What time is everything meant to start this weekend? GMT if possible (or Australian time if you're generous ;) ). I'll have to hunt for a viable stream as well... few years back there was a promo deal on the 360 for free pay-TV for a month which included Eurosport (timed perfectly!) but I haven't been able to find a good, reliable stream since.

Preferably one with commentary, obviously.

Hackbert

i really really hope, that Toyota can challenge the Audi beasts. I love the R18s, but a real race like 2011 (i think) would be great

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to stream the LeMans 24 Hours this year?

In the lead up to the race I stumbled across this video:
Flat Out In a Le Mans Winning Porsche 962 - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

http://youtu.be/PZxC-knQmkM

It's worth a watch just for the sound of it but it goes into some great details behind the engineering of the car too.

Dilly

Banned
Kubica leading with a big margin in WRC-2 again this weekend. I'd love for him to kick ass in WRC-1 next year or something.

Chris R

Got to remind myself to wake up early to catch the start of LeMans tomorrow! A close race would be nice to have, but if not at least keep it safe guys! No major injury please (that means MOVE out of the way slow cars!)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Got to remind myself to wake up early to catch the start of LeMans tomorrow! A close race would be nice to have, but if not at least keep it safe guys! No major injury please (that means MOVE out of the way slow cars!)

I am looking forward to it. The sunrise portion is my favorite time of the race.

dubc35

Slow cars need to keep their line, fast need to overtake.

Jezbollah

Morning all. Watching the Legends race at Le Mans. Two observations - 1. It's wet. 2. Lots of Xbox One Forza Motorsport adverts instead of Gran Turismo. Hmm.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Morning all. Watching the Legends race at Le Mans. Two observations - 1. It's wet. 2. Lots of Xbox One Forza Motorsport adverts instead of Gran Turismo. Hmm.

Um, didn't Peugeot raced with Xbox 360 stickers on it? And I think that we will see Le Mans in new Forza

#teamaudi/porsche

I need some breakfast, and there isn't much in the way of breakfast food in the house.

I need suggestions of what to go get (grocery store or otherwise) before this starts. I'd hate to miss the race :p

Waffles it is.

Hackbert

argh... off to work until the evening. i just hope no one of the big five Lmp1 cars crashes early on (or better entirely not). Best moments are from dusk til dawn XD

'Morning, gentlemen.

Here's hoping Toyota can make it a race this year, but as always, it's going to be Audi's to lose. The rain might make things interesting, though.

blanky

I am so excited for this. Been watching the quali's and practice earlier this week and I've got a bunch of food and beer. See if i can stay awake all race long. So no OT for the actual race?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
'Morning, gentlemen.

Here's hoping Toyota can make it a race this year, but as always, it's going to be Audi's to lose. The rain might make things interesting, though.

Indeed. I hope Toyota fight the good fight but expect an Audi win.

I have Eurosport on and the cars are fighting already on lap one!

Edit: Apparently the Toyota's are 4s a lap slower in the dry? Thankfully for them it's wet then.

Top Bottom