• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the links to the streams earlier guys. Watching it now on the Ch 10 feed. Hopefully we'll get commentary at some stage.

I can't believe they're pushing for position this early in the race. Great stuff.

Shame about the #95 Aston; it was the pole-sitter in GTE-AM.

Like everyone else, I'm surprised by the pace of the Toyotas early on. Hope they can keep it up.

blanky

Pace is interesting, but I hope they'll finish the race. last year they were on it as well, but then they were out and the fire was kind of gone in the LMP1.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Wow @ damage to the fence.

Safety car speed increased to 130 km/h

This will probably lead to prolonged first stint for all LMP1 cars

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
That fence looks like nothing happened. I think that SC will be out in 2 laps (ie 10 minutes)
You would be correct. Safety cars in at the end of this lap.

Edit: By this lap, we mean whenever they want to come in. The official messages conflict with reality. Confusion reigns.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
EuroSport reckon Toyota can go 2 laps longer than the Audi before refuelling

Both Toyotas lost shitload of time overtaking GTE cars before pitting. I hope for some more rain during next hours and night. Audi is faster in dry.

fuenf

I'm kinda sad that both Toyota and Porsche (next year) chose to go the petrol route. The Peugeot / Audi battle was far more fun and didnt need as many regulations to balance things out.

modulaire

Both Toyotas lost shitload of time overtaking GTE cars before pitting. I hope for some more rain during next hours and night. Audi is faster in dry.

I thought the Toyota's would have more trouble in full-wet conditions because all the bonus-power goes to the rear wheels.

blanky

I'm kinda sad that both Toyota and Porsche (next year) chose to go the petrol route. The Peugeot / Audi battle was far more fun and didnt need as many regulations to balance things out.

But porsche has no real experience with racing diesel engines. Plus seeing two different things battle out can be very interesting. I love the difference between all the cars. But yeah regulations shouldn't become a noose around the neck

I thought the Toyota's would have more trouble in full-wet conditions because all the bonus-power goes to the rear wheels.

True, but the R18s can't deploy their hybrid power below 120 km/h, so there's no quattro drive coming out of the slowest corners, where you'd imagine it would be most advantageous in the wet.

Looks like the Audis are running 10 laps per tank; let's see how much farther the Toyotas can stretch it.

fuenf

Footage of the Simonson crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q623g1mKpdE (no other cars involved, looks like he simply made a mistake)

But porsche has no real experience with racing diesel engines. Plus seeing two different things battle out can be very interesting. I love the difference between all the cars. But yeah regulations shouldn't become a noose around the neck

I made the comment after the Eurosport commentators mentioned that they artificially slowed down the petrol flow during a pit stop for the Toyotas, because diesel got a higher viscosity and they can't pump it as fast as petrol. I just want all the cars to go all out and drive as fast as possible, no restrictions or regulations. ;)

oh shit totally forgot about this. watching it on the fia website.

http://live.fiawec.com/

that's only the secondary feed, the world feed is on Eurosport.

blanky

I made the comment after the Eurosport commentators mentioned that they artificially slowed down the petrol flow during a pit stop for the Toyotas, because diesel got a higher viscosity and they can't pump it as fast as petrol. I just want all the cars to go all out and drive as fast as possible, no restrictions or regulations. ;)

Well yeah that's annoying. But the race between on the track is close enough right now. I wonder if that will get changed as well next year, but it's not an egregious change.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Watching on SpeedTV in the US right now. Hate this is the last year for Speed to exist. I hope we get some HD coverage of the race on TV here next year.

Top Bottom