• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

Vicious

I hate Kyle Busch as much as the next guy, but it seems pretty obvious the cars in front slowed up and Kahne even said he had to hit the brakes. Hard to fault Kyle there.

TylerD

2013 and stuff is still falling off the cars! ;)

I dont recall any "debris" cautions for Nationwide and Craftsman Truck races this weekend.

B.K.

I really like Danica too.

Why? What's she ever done? She only has one win in her entire open wheel career and just a few top 10s in Nationwide. If Danica wasn't marketable, she wouldn't even be able to get a ride with a start and park team. I wish Wrecky Stenhouse would hurry and get her pregnant so she'd have to retire. I'm so sick and tired of Danica.

Vicious

I'm a fan of Danica because it's something different. She's an underdog despite all the hype. Do I want to root for another cookie cutter generic NASCAR driver, or do i want to root for a woman driver that actually has a shot at winning.

Most people dislike Danica because of all the coverage. I don't give a shit about that. I want to see her do well.

She has a good car, and Bayne and Mcmurray
and Derrick Cope
have shown that and luck is all it takes.

But with Harvick and Smoke out, safe money is on Kenseth.

I'm a fan of Danica because it's something different. She's an underdog despite all the hype. Do I want to root for another cookie cutter generic NASCAR driver, or do i want to root for a woman driver that actually has a shot at winning.

Most people dislike Danica because of all the coverage. I don't give a shit about that. I want to see her do well.

Bingo! I'm so sick of the standard young gun racer rookies.

I like to root for a new rookie every season and she is a pretty big underdog so...

There you go.

I think she IS another cookie cutter NASCAR driver, except she is a woman. And the plate tracks are the only races she has a shot of winning,and that's because it's 90% car and the money she brings buys her good equipment. Unfortunately, it can't buy talent so even her chances at these races are pretty slim. Mike Bliss finished ahead of her in the Nationwide series standings last year and he drove an unsponsored car for most of the races. She's a joke.

The coverage is every bit as annoying as Terrell Owens/Brett Favre/Tim Tebow respectively in their media-cycle dominating NFL heydays. It's horrible.

As a driver, I know she's in good equipment, and I think she's talented (she won an Indy race, but that doesn't map to stock car success. Also, it's not like she set the world on fire in Indy) ... but if she doesn't contend for wins this year, it's probably fair to say she's a horrible stock car driver. Most drivers with great talent never get a real shot. Because she's a pretty face (sponsorship dollars!), she's been given that real shot. She needs to contend for wins.

Ken Schrader is the shining example of this. Lucked into a good ride for a couple years,
Tim Richmond :(
, won races and contended for wins on a weekly basis, then lost that ride and faded into stock car irrelevance. Schrader was an amazing race car driver. He's not the only guy that was made look pedestrian by a lack of opportunity.

I think she IS another cookie cutter NASCAR driver, except she is a woman. And the plate tracks are the only races she has a shot of winning,and that's because it's 90% car and the money she brings buys her good equipment. Unfortunately, it can't buy talent so even her chances at these races are pretty slim. Mike Bliss finished ahead of her in the Nationwide series standings last year and he drove an unsponsored car for most of the races. She's a joke.

Let me add onto this and say that I think she could be an alright stock car driver if she got enough experience. She needs to spend 4-5 full seasons in the Truck or Nationwide series, at least until she can win some races.

Top Bottom