• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Fifty

Can you really do a fantasy draft in online leagues this year? It sounds so cool.....Sure the teams would be better than usual, but all the teams would be, not just one or two so it'd even out. I dunno, it's probably because my team isn't WNBA ready but that just sounds like a badass feature if I'm remembering correctly.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want divisons! I want them now or I'm telling mommy!

Cloudy

Banned
No way to set up divisions but if you guys really want I can edit the rest of the sched to make for divisional play :p

there are no division options matrix.

what konex means when he says he can't do "division schedules" is that you can technically mess w/ the schedule itself so you play player "A" a certain amount of times, thus making it "like" a division rivalry since you play him more than another player.

but there would be no pacific/west/etc divisions. it would still be like a giant NCAA top 25 list ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
weak! *sits in a corner and cries*

Fifty

Anyone want Jalen Rose? He's rated 81! Instead of Pros and Cons, I'll just do a pro and a con

Pro: Is Rated 81

Cons: Misses all easy shots

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
After playing the CPU on HOF mode, I'm ready for the Jazz!!

22-0 is underway!

edit: oh yea, approve my trade!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
After playing the CPU on HOF mode, I'm ready for the Jazz!!

22-0 is underway!

edit: oh yea, approve my trade!

Whoa worst trade proposal ever!!! :lol You drinking a little bit of grandpa's cold medicine there Jobber?

jobber

Truelize said:
Whoa worst trade proposal ever!!! :lol You drinking a little bit of grandpa's cold medicine there Jobber?

Rasho is a rebounding machine!

He's just a little upset he gets no PT. He's better than Z that's for sure. I revised the trade and made it a bit better. You'll get Devin Brown! When Bron gets tired from all the shooting, he'll have a great backup!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
Rasho is a rebounding machine!

He's just a little upset he gets no PT. He's better than Z that's for sure. I revised the trade and made it a bit better. You'll get Devin Brown! When Bron gets tired from all the shooting, he'll have a great backup!

Marshall isn't going anywhere unless I get another 3 point shooter back in return man. What woudl I do? Play Z, Gooden and Rasho all together? Don't think so.

And I've already got a Devon Brown. His name is Ira Newble.

Ramirez

K,I'm only gonna say this once,this only scoring in the paint shit is getting ridiculous in my games...88 total points,and 78 are in the paint?I mean are we even trying to be the least bit realistic here guys? :lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:
K,I'm only gonna say this once,this only scoring in the paint shit is getting ridiculous in my games...88 total points,and 78 are in the paint?I mean are we even trying to be the least bit realistic here guys? :lol

:lol YAO GONNA GET YOU WHEN WE PLAY *Drools*

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:

I score quite a bit from outside the paint. And I pity you if Gordon and Hinrich get hot when you play DM. The only points he got in the paint were rebound put backs and fast break points.

Myself. I get a lot of points in the paint cause that's where dunks end up. Lebron takes off from just inside the three point line but it still considers it "in the paint" :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ramirez said:

You cant be serious bro, was i cheesing or something?? I was running the offense the whole game and played you the exact same way i played FMT... I ran the offense and waited for people to cut to the lane, I was far from doing any special shit. I play the way the jazz play, run the offense, the pick and roll and all that, u gotta plug the paint up man, it was real easy to cut on you.

Matrix

Gordon and Hinrich are soooooo fucking overrated in this game,they are money from three every f-ing shot.

HAHA and I just beat dm by bascially dunking all game,except I made two key threes at the end with Tmac.

Really my main two problems are even when you bump up the diff. its still to easy to hit 3's and its too easy to dunk on people and if you try to play your own D you get called for tons of fouls.

Out of my 72 pts I had 60 in the paint :lol

jobber

holla at using a cross over dribble to get room from your defender and shoot. You'll get a easy shot or a foul. :)

and to True.. I would trade you Barry if Finley was on the roster but he's not!

Rasho therefore will KILL you

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guys I apologize for being late with my Games. I should be home a lot of tonight and all of Sunday to play. Saturday is crazy for me. :(

Kruza

Hey Wellington, you're my next opponent (Nets vs. Pistons) and we're holding up the league. I'll be online sometime after 8pm ET tonight. When can you play?

Kruza

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
holla at using a cross over dribble to get room from your defender and shoot. You'll get a easy shot or a foul. :)

and to True.. I would trade you Barry if Finley was on the roster but he's not!

Rasho therefore will KILL you

I wouldn't need anyone if Damon Jones was on my team. Therefore Lebron is gonna kill you.
He was thinking of killing you even if Damon Jones was on the team anyway though.

jobber

Truelize said:
I wouldn't need anyone if Damon Jones was on my team. Therefore Lebron is gonna kill you.
He was thinking of killing you even if Damon Jones was on the team anyway though.

you just sealed your casket

lebron_injured.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Not gonna happen man. Not gonna happen.

Duncan will get arrested for raping a fat white chick in Colorado before LB23 goes down with an injury in our league.

Kruza

Cloudy said:
Kruza, I can play week 3 tonight as well :p

I have a couple games to play tonight that's scheduled from another league, but when I finish those and am still up to play more I'll look for you.

Kruza

Ramirez

I dunno if you were cheesing or not man,to be honest,I don't really care.But just to put it this way,the Sixer's seem to be not able to cover any type of down low shot,and people seem to be abusing it on me,I contested pretty much every shot you put up down low and had little to no success even coming close to stopping it.

In my personal opinion I would be embarassed if I scored 78 points in the paint on someone and only had 88 total,add in your free throws which again came from down low shots and you might have had 4 points from outside the paint,I don't agree with this play style personally,but like I said,if that's how some of you want to play,be my guest.I could just as easily run by every player on your team with Iverson every time for a simple layup,but I like to actually play a semi realistic game of basketball.

If this keeps up,I'll be one season and done,because it isn't any fun havin people just go down low on you all game and there is literally nothing you can do to stop them :|

Cloudy

Banned
Ram, you tried calling a 2-3? Maybe that'll help? My team has no good bigs so I get pounded inside regardless :(

PS: I personally love blazing js with my shooters :D

ramirez is right. i will take fast breaks and obvious layups, or post up my big men, but i think playing in the middle on offense all game is pretty lame.

i'm not going to play dramarama and cry about it, and i will see the league through till the end but i just feel like that playstyle is pointless. if i wanted to play NBA jam i'd email midway to make an nba jam online game available. this is supposed to be sim, not "who can score 95% of their points in the paint!"

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ram regardless of the way the stats look, a good 20 of those points came from break aways .. 2 on 1's or 3 on 2's and I am not going to pull up a j if I can make it to the hole and I dont drive by anyone, I didnt do that all game save maybe a play or two that deron might have went by to score but thats it, 9 times out of ten I would feed the post or a cutting man.. I have never cheesed on any game that i have played gaf or not, so that talk could cease... I was no where near embarrased about the scoring, sht, i wias happy that we were filling the lane on fast breaks and the guys were moving without the ball...

that was my 2nd game that i played period, and I dont know what works easy and what doesnt, maybe if i played like crazy i could see what could be cheese or not, but i only played two times , and both were season games against u and fmt, thats the way i am going to play until it is proven that my play style is cheese wiz... sorry if you want to bitch and moan, there is nothing i can do for you. its really not that serious to me, so I am dropping it.

Jobber let me know when u want to play

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ramirez is right. i will take fast breaks and obvious layups, or post up my big men, but i think playing in the middle on offense all game is pretty lame.

i'm not going to play dramarama and cry about it, and i will see the league through till the end but i just feel like that playstyle is pointless. if i wanted to play NBA jam i'd email midway to make an nba jam online game available. this is supposed to be sim, not "who can score 95% of their points in the paint!"

I don't get it, no one said anything to Bob and his Mike Martz impression in Madden with the Chargers.

Cloudy

Banned
I wish someone wud try to drive his PG on me all day now with my perimeter defense. :lol I just need some shotblocking bigs >_<

jobber

Cloudy said:
I wish someone wud try to drive his PG on me all day now with my perimeter defense. :lol I just need some shotblocking bigs >_<

is that a challenge?!!?!!

jobber

Cloudy said:
Oh yes! I'm gonna start Kobe at PG if I'm facing any team w a high-scoring PG from now on. With Pietrus starting at SG :D

uh that didn't work in the 4th vs. Parker

besides I can't stop Kobe but I can stop everyone else :D

Ramirez

Ram, you tried calling a 2-3?

Yes,I called a 2-3 and my big men actually ran away from the middle making it even easier...

And Malley,dude I'm not bitching and moaning...it's just annoying when you see your opponent doesn't really even try to do anything but drive.Perhaps I'll just have to swallow my pride and stop playing defense on the ball carrier,because it does seem to be pretty impossible.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ram, do you call the 2-3 every time down the floor? Cause I know with the settings I use the coach puts them back into a man-to-man after every score.

jobber

Screw man to man. That's when the superstars are too powerful. I rather play Zones so I have a chance to make a stop if someone makes a run to the hole. I just learned to press on D so watch out!

Mal, you cop out. Take your loss like a man.
rh04-97.jpg

Matrix

Cloudy said:
My perimeter game is pretty nice. Just need a dominant big...

:lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
jobber said:
424928-music-resized200.JPG

bring on the Bulls

man I stopped playing after the first quarter...

pick and roll parker to the lane for a layup or pick and roll barry to the lane for a layup,,,

worst game I was ever a part of, my desire to play you again is nil, I probably wont. I tried to make a concious effort to not pass to cutting players, but after watching your point guards play that way, I literally just bull shitted the whole game. like i said, i am done playing you, give him the win if we play again.

Top Bottom