• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Cloudy

Banned
Ok guys, I'll say it again. Everyone needs to strive to play a sim game. While I personally haven't noticed anything ridiculous (and I played Jobber in week 2), can we all just play legit? :)

PS: I am officially advancing to week 3 tonight (although it has 4 completed games already)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
wtf did I do?!?

I played pick and roll because your 4 and 5 kept leaving the lane and I didn't use it that much. I used the freakin default plays for christ sake. It's not like I ran around like a retard with the PG and then layed it up. Not my thing. I hit quite a few jump shots just to prove that you can hit them in a game.

You shot 33% from the field man and I never left my zone once you crossed to the top of the 3 point line.
Like I said earlier man to man is poo unless you press 4 of the 5 guys on the court and double team. I study this game like everyone else studies and practice Madden.

If it makes everyone happy, I'll just drop.

Good Day.

Cloudy

Banned
Nobody wants anyone to drop. Save the drama for Madden, fellas :lol

Playing tight man will get u killed aginst anyone moving the ball around a lot if your squad isn't full of good defenders. Zone it up see how good the PnR works then :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
wtf did I do?!?

I played pick and roll because your 4 and 5 kept leaving the lane and I didn't use it that much. I used the freakin default plays for christ sake. It's not like I ran around like a retard with the PG and then layed it up. Not my thing. I hit quite a few jump shots just to prove that you can hit them in a game.

You shot 33% from the field man and I never left my zone once you crossed to the top of the 3 point line.
Like I said earlier man to man is poo unless you press 4 of the 5 guys on the court and double team. I study this game like everyone else studies and practice Madden.

If it makes everyone happy, I'll just drop.

Good Day.

I'm just buggin you Jobber. :lol. No worries man. No drama here.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Wellie, when do you want to play our week 3 game?

Cloudy

Banned
He has one forfeit left (everyone gets 2) before I start looking at replacements. I know guys are busy but why join if you can't play :(

PS: His first game was against Ramirez and they can never connect but I'd have liked to see them try at least :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just so everyone knows. FMT and I have talked. He was available Friday night, I wasn't. I'm available tonight, He isn't. So hopefully we will play tomorrow sometime.

If anyone is looking for a game tonight I'm available.

Dsal

Ramirez said:
Why waste our time?Been like this for years...

I was having trouble connecting with Wellie for our game today, so I tried out changing a setting on my router and it seemed to work.

What I did was add my Xbox's IP as the DMZ address in the router settings. That seemed to do the trick.

The DMZ thing is usually buried somewhere in your router's webpage's menus, but if you click around enough you'll eventually find it. You can usually get your Xbox's ip from the Xbox Live settings control panel. Another place to find the IP is in your router's section that shows what computers are connected to it.

Ramirez

was having trouble connecting with Wellie for our game today, so I tried out changing a setting on my router and it seemed to work.

My router is barebones...we're able to connect when we don't use our routers,but he can't do that,so we're SOL.

Dsal

Ramirez said:
My router is barebones...we're able to connect when we don't use our routers,but he can't do that,so we're SOL.

What model of router is it? There's probably a DMZ setting in there somewhere.

Kruza

Ramirez, I can play late tonight around 12:30am ET at the earliest. If you don't mind playing then, we can run. Though tomorrow night may be better for me since I'll be able to play sooner.

Kruza

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FMT: Let's do our trade before we play our game if that is at all possible.

How long does it take a trade to become active?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game is pretty freakin bad. I just spent all night playing offline (after my game with Fifty. I'll talk about that later) and I can not believe the amount of glitches I've seen just tonight.

- several times I've seen the ball go through my defensive player. Which is quite annoying seeing as I'm doing my best to get into the passing lanes to deflect passes.

- I've seen players arms come through the backboard, my players head, other players bodies and through the rim to block a shot.

- I've seen players shoot when the ball isn't even touching their bodies. Such a bad graphics glitch that the ball didn't make it all the way to them but they still went into a shooting animation and of course hit the shot. :( That one was just brutal.

I enjoy this game online to a certain extent. But I still dream for the day where we get a basketball game that plays fairly realistically.
Take my game with Fifty. He beat me with two bench players and their three point shooting. Couldn't do much inside, couldn't stop one of the highest rated players in the game, but that didn't matter at all. He wasn't even shooting with anyone that has the pretty little number 3 under them. Nope just run of the mill back-up guards and 29 three point attemtps.
Now that's nothing against Fifty, if he's gonna win with that team then it's gonna have to be with shooting like that.
It's just mindboggling to me. I guess I'm just so stuck on wanting a game to play like real basketball.

And about the programers making each team play just like their real life counterpart. Tell that to Tim Duncan and his fast breaking Spurs. I have only played about 20 games offline, but not even the Suns fast break like the Spurs do. And freakin Bruce Bowen dribbles like Marbury. Just plain annoying it is. Players will shoot with 4 guys around them. Not even think twice about it. I guess it's cause they hit 60% of them.

Ugh. If you want to like this game then don't play it offline.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That was bs and I took Yao out because I missed about 10 dunks in a row to let you get back in the game.Then for some reason the stupid sub system keeps Layyourmonds Murray in the game to play D against Odom :|

I cant believe how easy it is to go from making eveything in this game to build a 30 pt lead to guys missing point blank shots *head scratcher*

Also you and I are sad beyond belief when it comes to fts,just down right pathetic.

and my final thoughts on the game....

KOBE SUCKS,HAHAH BRICK AT BUZZER ROCKETS WIN :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
KOBE SUCKS,HAHAH BRICK AT BUZZER ROCKETS WIN :D

That happened in your game too?!?

HA HA HA

Kobe = no clutch

And about the Spurs fast break, I turn up my fast break just a little because my back court is usually at the top of the key then a PG or SG drives in the lane to meet Mr. Duncan. Once his shot is off, my guards are ready to run. Bruce Bowen sucks are dribbling. I can testify to it. The CPU strips him like he's entering jail. It's all about adjusting your coach settings. I turn up my crash boards and turn up my fast breaks. It makes my starters tired quicker, but if I'm up 20+ points, I don't care unless the other team is coming back. That's why Duncan only has 10 ppg in the league. If I turned down the running, he would get more touches, but then again, I wouldn't want to use one the best players for all my shots cause then I would hear "OMG DUNCAN CHEESE!"

Personally, I don't care if someone uses Kobe or Bron for 80% of their shots because I let them score. I shut everyone else down.

It's all about making the other team play YOUR game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
That happened in your game too?!?

HA HA HA

Kobe = no clutch

And about the Spurs fast break, I turn up my fast break just a little because my back court is usually at the top of the key then a PG or SG drives in the lane to meet Mr. Duncan. Once his shot is off, my guards are ready to run. Bruce Bowen sucks are dribbling. I can testify to it. The CPU strips him like he's entering jail. It's all about adjusting your coach settings. I turn up my crash boards and turn up my fast breaks. It makes my starters tired quicker, but if I'm up 20+ points, I don't care unless the other team is coming back. That's why Duncan only has 10 ppg in the league. If I turned down the running, he would get more touches, but then again, I wouldn't want to use one the best players for all my shots cause then I would hear "OMG DUNCAN CHEESE!"

Personally, I don't care if someone uses Kobe or Bron for 80% of their shots because I let them score. I shut everyone else down.

It's all about making the other team play YOUR game.

Jobber: The CPU were the Spurs. As soon as a shot went up the PG would leak and stand in the offensive key right under the hoop.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Tru, why don't you try tweaking the sliders?

I have adjusted every single slider several times. I am working with the HOF sliders from Operationsports.

I always make slider adjustments in an attempt to play a realistic game of basketball. And one of the most important things to me is having the team go to their best players.
After playing this game last night I don't really see how we've even improved from NBA Showtime and NBA Shootout 2000. Bruce Bowen should not be taking more shots in a game then Tim Duncan. And KG should not go a full game only taking 2 shots.
That is not realistic at all. And there is no way to adjust this in our current games.

I can still enjoy the game man. But you really gotta stop standing up for the game so much. This issues should no effect on how happy your life is. :D

Cloudy

Banned
Since you keep posting in here, I assume you want others to read and offer suggestions. And mine is to adjust player and team tendencies (yes you can do that) if your sliders are set..

If you don't want people to reply, don't post :D

Fifty

Now basketball is my favorite sport
I like the way they dribble up and down the court
I keep it so fresh on the microphone
I like no interruption when the game is on
I like slam-dunks that take me to the hoop
My favorite play is the alley-oop
I like the pick-n-roll
I like the give-n-go
And its basketball Bow Wow lets go

like_mike.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Since you keep posting in here, I assume you want others to read and offer suggestions. And mine is to adjust player and team tendencies (yes you can do that) if your sliders are set..

If you don't want people to reply, don't post :D

:lol I wasn't asking for suggestions. I was venting that this game is still broken offline.

What part of my post sounded like I was asking for suggestions?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man I need 3 point shooting lessons. I might have won today but I needed 55 from Lebron and for him to go unconcious in overtime.

He is ridiculous in this game. He did quite the Thunder Dan impression in OT.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Man I need 3 point shooting lessons. I might have won today but I needed 55 from Lebron and for him to go unconcious in overtime.

He is ridiculous in this game. He did quite the Thunder Dan impression in OT.

Lame ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

Totally lame. It get boring shooting with one player so much, but most of his points come off of transition/fastbreaks. If I had any clue how to shoot with anyone I would gladly spread the ball around.
I have hit I think 1 three pointer this season so far with Marshall. Even in my offline dynasty both Marshall and Damon Jones are useless for me from the 3.

Top Bottom