• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
How about Kurt Thomas and Diaw for Patterson and Camby?

How does that help my need for a SG who can spot up and hit an outside shot? Don't get me wrong I like Diaw, but Camby is more of a true center and I'm fine with that. I just want one more guy on my team who can hit a 3, someone roughly equal to Ruben Patterson in ratings but a shooter.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawn: Are you just looking for some inside rebound and blocking help??? I would be interested in getting Diaw for the Cavs. Gooden is there for you and so is Varejo. V isn't rated as high but his rebounding and shot blocking skills are better than Goodens.

Just a thought.

Why don't you want Diaw?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i need a backup PG. i have 2 big men (diogu and foyle) on the block. anyone interested? :D
I'm interested in Foyle and I have billups to trade. I just would need another pg to fill the spot.

i put up baron davis + foyle for billups + your lowest rated player if konex approves it and you want to trade. although i still have the problem of a backup pg :(

How does that help my need for a SG who can spot up and hit an outside shot? Don't get me wrong I like Diaw, but Camby is more of a true center and I'm fine with that. I just want one more guy on my team who can hit a 3, someone roughly equal to Ruben Patterson in ratings but a shooter.

You can put Barbosa in at the 2 spot, I do it all the time when Bell needs a rest. I want Marcus Camby, just tell me what it would take to get him. Everyone but the obvious all-stars are available.

Shawn: Are you just looking for some inside rebound and blocking help??? I would be interested in getting Diaw for the Cavs. Gooden is there for you and so is Varejo. V isn't rated as high but his rebounding and shot blocking skills are better than Goodens.

Just a thought.

Why don't you want Diaw?

I am basically looking to get a true bonafide center. I am trying to bring some defensive toughness to my team. I love Boris Diaw, but I realize I have to give up a great talent to get a good one in return. Basically he is the starter I have to unload to make rooms for Stoudemire at the four. Stoudemire should be playing PF not C. I was thinking about packaging something together to make a run at Z, but I know you are probably not having it.

Everyone but Nash and Stoudemire is available if you are serious about offering a true bonafide center. Serious offers only please.

And yeah, that Vince Carter for Ben Gordon deal was BS!!

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i put up baron davis + foyle for billups + your lowest rated player if konex approves it and you want to trade. although i still have the problem of a backup pg :(

Done trade.

After this trade goes down, French is really going to live and die by his jumpshot. If he had Billups last night, he would have hit way more than 11/24 from beyond the arc against me. You should have offered Foyle for Banks French, you would have had a deal!!

Shawn: Sorry man, not trading Zo. I don't plan on using Doleac and I need a Shaqsized backup!

THE players I have on the block though, are Walker or Posey. I need a backup for Udonis and if you want to throw a SG in there, that'd be great too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone interested in David Wesly? I'm not using him cause he isnt a Rocket anymore and his ablity to shoot is going to waste sitting on my bench.

shawn didn't i offer you foyle for banks??

btw i am cool if the trade doesn't get approved. not trying to cheese it up. the trade is the 88 rated BD and the 73 rated foyle for billups who is a 92 and some scrub who is a 66. Not incredibly unrealistic but whatever

Fifty

Konex you might want to put a notice on the main page telling people to check the polls if we don't get enough responses. They (the polls) should show up on the main page, but since they don't they're kinda hidden away.

edit: Doh, I see there's one poll on the main page. The trade. My bad...still a shame only one shows up.

Fifty

FMT, you're 1-0! Trading away arguably your best player is a risky move. The lack of trades in Madden turns some people into trade junkies in this game, even when they don't need to make a move.

Or maybe I'm just jealous because I've always made trades in the past and this year I have no assets.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Anyone interested in David Wesly? I'm not using him cause he isnt a Rocket anymore and his ablity to shoot is going to waste sitting on my bench.

Wesley isn't on my team?? Is there any way to fix that and move him over? Cause I was expecting him to be there.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
Shawn: Sorry man, not trading Zo. I don't plan on using Doleac and I need a Shaqsized backup!

THE players I have on the block though, are Walker or Posey. I need a backup for Udonis and if you want to throw a SG in there, that'd be great too.

Check my offer boss.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Wesley isn't on my team?? Is there any way to fix that and move him over? Cause I was expecting him to be there.

yea via trade :D

Fifty

Jeez, we're going crazy with trade offers. Shawn gave me an offer I couldn't and wouldn't refuse if I wasn't a Raptors fan. The Almighty Christ Bosh (and a backup PG) for Marion and Diaw, but I just can't get myself to trade CB4. That'd be like taking up Christianity and trading Jesus for Mohammed.

FMT, you're 1-0! Trading away arguably your best player is a risky move. The lack of trades in Madden turns some people into trade junkies in this game, even when they don't need to make a move.

Or maybe I'm just jealous because I've always made trades in the past and this year I have no assets.

On the contrary, I am interested in Chris Bosh(91) and some named scrub Derrick Martin(64) that will sit as a cheerleader the whole year..... I just offered you both Shawn Marion(92) and Boris Diaw (81). It would a win-win for both of us. You upgrade your offense considerably with Marion at your 3 spot and lose only a little bit with Diaw replacing Bosh. I get another dynamic big man to utilize in the post and help out on defense. You can't say I am being unreasonable on this one. What do you say?

Matrix

Konex should have made this a Fantasy league,all these trade offers after 1 game are insane.

Fifty said:
Jeez, we're going crazy with trade offers. Shawn gave me an offer I couldn't and wouldn't refuse if I wasn't a Raptors fan. The Almighty Christ Bosh (and a backup PG) for Marion and Diaw, but I just can't get myself to trade CB4. That'd be like taking up Christianity and trading Jesus for Mohammed.

Talk about a shocker!! I'm at a loss for what I need to offer to get some low post help!! Back to the drawing board...

you guys are right. konex don't approve my trade, i will roll with the real warriors as i have them. REGULATORRRRS!

hopefully i just had an off-game with BD :D

Fifty

Shawn has a good point. I think Matrix is just jealous! We saw so many crazy trades last year. Remember me with AI and Peja on the Raptors? Diaw's ratings are really average despite his overall being high, and Bosh is just a monster in this game.I'm going to accept the deal though, because I like to play an uptempo offense and this would really help me with that.

People might vote against the trade but it's not a just a matter of numbers...I wouldn't trade Bosh unless I got an offer that blew me away. It helps both teams. Diaw's not a big help for the Suns, and with Amare and Bosh in the front court...well, who can argue with that combo?

edit: Someone declined the trade. Either I did it by accident, he did...or a crooked commish did. I reoffered the deal, but I'm giving a MUCH better 2nd player. Fred Jones..making the deal actually look ok on paper.

I appreciate the consideration and the deal on this one. Like I mentioned earlier, this will only help both of us. Some may say it is more advantageous for you, but I have enough weapons to nullify the loss of Marion, and this trade makes my team more balanced for the way I like to play ball.

EDIT- LOL, that was me actually withdrawing my offer after I read your first post. I was just getting ready to package an even sweeter deal for someone else, but luckily you decided to use your brain and not your heart when you made a decision for your team. Hopefully with both of us explaining how this helps our respective teams, members will see we both are just trying to make our teams better. Give us an ok, I got a game to play tonight!!

Cloudy

Banned
Since it's not a fantasy league, all big name trades will be put to vote. I will personally vote yes on any that seem fair but remember your trades also affect someone else's enjoyment of the league...

Fifty

Cloudy said:
but remember your trades also affect someone else's enjoyment of the league...

Poor little Timmy who only wanted to face the Suns with Marion will hate this league.

Well in that case we're screwed..because the trade makes both of our teams better, and thus it'll make everyone else enjoy the league less. :lol

Shawn, it's probably best for the league that it goes through after you've played game one and before we play week 2 games...because Bosh and Jones already have one game's worth of stats. I'm not sure having two games played by those guys is a good idea.

edit: Who voted against the trade? Speak up. We've made our case.

I don't anticipate anymore headscratchers like the Ben Gordon for Vince Carter deal. I don't know about you guys but I am having a blast watching all the trade offers being flung around. I would say the majority of them are not attempted robberies. It also helps that there will be a trade deadline to lock everybody into really learning their teams more we stride toward midseason.

EDIT- Are me and Fifty barred from voting on our own trade? Also what percentage do we need "against" to veto the trade. Surely something like 60/40 nay to block the trade.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
You can vote for your trade and it's pretty much majority rules...

"pretty much" not much confidence in that statement, especially since you don't seem to think there's a serious problem with it. 3 people have voted against it, not one of them has given a reason why. I'm getting a slight edge in players, but I'm the ****ing RAPTORS. It's not like Jobber's getting these two guys. It won't hurt the balance of the league. I think it should be a vast majority voting against trades that get blocked. The people voting against it might not even be reading this thread! Or they're just dicks abusing their power. I've been in many fantasy leagues like that.

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex what happens if you advance the week before all games are done? are they forefitted?

I can't advance the week w/o assigning a winner in unplayed games...

On a related note, how should I do awards n stuff? Obviously it can't be for every game. Every 5 games?

vumpler

Cloudy said:

On a related note, how should I do awards n stuff? Obviously it can't be for every game. Every 5 games?

I say mid season, end of regular season, and end of the championship. So then the people who got the awards can actuallly feel like they earned something. Just having awards per week or per 5 weeks just seems so eh cool I won an award. But if they were only twice a season or so they really feel awesome.

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:

Player of the Week/Month

Rookie of the Week/Month

Halfway do an allstar team....... Maybe have an allstar break top 2 teams play the Allstar game in the street lobby. 2 games 1st game starters and 2nd game the bench....

U can do them weekly i dont see why not..........

konex can you change the league to open all games? we could tell people to ONLY play the first 5 games on their schedule! we're all mature adults that can follow directions :D

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex can you change the league to open all games? we could tell people to ONLY play the first 5 games on their schedule! we're all mature adults that can follow directions :D

Yeah that's a good idea because there are nights where I could get in 2-5 games and then there are 2 day spans where i couldn't play etc.

Top Bottom