• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
Cmon Konex.. its 12:20 pm est...... Lets go.

Yeah Konex, don't keep these poor addicts banging on the shelter door. It's cold outside and they want in! Next time say "early afternoon saturday" No one can blame you!

DCX

DCX
Well, my girlfriend is up now, it's hard to get a game in now without starting something :p Maybe late night tonight, or morning tomorrow? Fifty, i'm going to see how the Camby trade works itself out, if it gets declined you have a deal with Mo-Pete.

DCX

Does anybody's XBL freeze when they try to click on player stats? Mine goes straight to hell, wtf.

It's a pity that I didn't get to play week 1. I will be around all today..

Cloudy

Banned
I've heard that from someone (aka?) Try clearing out your online settings..

As for the connection issue, I confirmed with Aka, Rors, DM and Blue last night that it's a router issue. If both folks have routers with some ports not open, they get the error. Easy solution is for one person to play w/o their router. It works EVERYTIME.

I'm gonna try to figure out what ports we need to open...

Fifty

Something awful is going on in the swamp. Cold's Nets scored 54 in gm 1 and 48 in game 2. Neither were blowout losses, so it's not like he's doing awful. All other games seem to have an average of 75 points scored. Are you guys playing in slow motion? :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Something awful is going on in the swamp. Cold's Nets scored 54 in gm 1 and 48 in game 2. Neither were blowout losses, so it's not like he's doing awful. All other games seem to have an average of 75 points scored. Are you guys playing in slow motion? :lol

actually, this game we just both shot for shit. both of us hovered around 33%

holy crap CB :lol

i played 6 min quarters against shawn in a practice game and even then the score was something like 79-70. it's just not your month for online sports gaming is it? :D

CB3

I just gotta get used to BG's shot release. there was some slight lag so it was hard nailing that down this game

AkaBalla

i was 19-53 and he was 14-48... It was pretty awful.. And i can understand 1-2 players been the iron unkind but not my whole team.. Same with him.... There are plm's with the leagues...... from what i've heard with sliders......

AkaBalla

I dunno.. We'll see.. I was wide open and bricked shot's with Pierce & Wally... Maybe some of the games are in high numbers because there all dunks and layups.. Try shooting J's and see what happens....

Cloudy

Banned
Something was fishy in their game since all the stats came back as zeros. I reset it for now but if they don't get it in by the deadline, Aka gets the win...

I dunno.. We'll see.. I was wide open and bricked shot's with Pierce & Wally... Maybe some of the games are in high numbers because there all dunks and layups.. Try shooting J's and see what happens....

Remember we played in week 1 and it wasn't all dunks and layups...

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Hey FMT after further analysis it appears that I'm going to reject the trade... I think I will suffer my lumps with billups and see where I can get on my own.

DMczaf

pheeniks said:
Does anybody's XBL freeze when they try to click on player stats? Mine goes straight to hell, wtf.

It's a pity that I didn't get to play week 1. I will be around all today..

Can you play now?

DMczaf said:
Can you play now?

Yes I am going on live now.

If you can play, post here. I'm watching the UT/OU game on TV right now but I'm waiting in the lobby, so if you challenge my controller should rumble..

DMczaf

Yeah, that was a backbreaker. Pretty much gave me the win.

Oh, and I played without my router when we finally got the game to connect. WTF is with this game and routers.

CB3

Week 2:

Vince Carter: 14 points, shooting 29%

Ben Gordon: 18 points, shooting 42%

I Told You All! I Told You!

Im the winner of this trade!

DMczaf

ColdBlooded33 said:
Week 2:

Vince Carter: 14 points, shooting 29%

Ben Gordon: 18 points, shooting 42%

I Told You All! I Told You!

Im the winner of this trade!

Pfft, I was forcing shots with him! When I played Konex with VC under control, he was destroying Kobe. Don't worry, I'll learn how to use VC soon!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Aslong as Dm continues to win,it really doesnt matter.

DIE CAPTAIN KIRK!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
For the record I think the Gordon/Sweeny for VC trade was legit. Adding another big man in this game is huge. I like to play with my big men always above 80 energy so they can rebound and block shots better. VC is just a swingman, and unless you are on a break or have an open lane his dunk rating doesn't help much at all. The rating is this game are effected heavily by things like dunk and steal ratings and if you are not dunking everythign than Gordon is a similar player to VC.

I understand this trade has just made Fifty a contender now that he has some offensive weapons. Dude is playing with the Raptors of all teams for goodness sakes. Even with Diaw and Marion he is still going to be facing as uphill battle against the more elite teams.

It is not impossible to win with lower ranked teams at all. The Raptors are far from horrible. You just gotta play to your teams strengths. I'm really sure the Suns needed more offensive power though. lol

edit: Is Malleymal outta town this weekend? And what is his AIM again? MrBlackNJ?

I'm really sure the Suns needed more offensive power though. lol

if anything the trade made them worse offensively from a pure shooter standpoint. diaw and marion are 3 point threats, bosh is an inside guy. i think the trade is fair

p.s. it is easy to say that winning with a bad team isn't impossible when you are using the cavs :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Lets play Matrix, want a taste of Capt. Kirk's love candy?!

Id like some,but my nephew and Finding Nemo come over 2k7 :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if anything the trade made them worse offensively from a pure shooter standpoint. diaw and marion are 3 point threats, bosh is an inside guy. i think the trade is fair

p.s. it is easy to say that winning with a bad team isn't impossible when you are using the cavs :D

Or using the Bobcats in every game I've played so far.

I haven't even tried with the Cavs yet.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
why didn't you pick the bobcats in league play? lebron is the 2nd best player in the game i say!

Well I had said from the start that I wanted the Cavs but wanted to try the Bobcats out to see if they were fun to play with. And then I had to sign into the league before I really got a chance to get acquainted with the Bobcats. And now that I have used them for a bit I love using them. Morrison is a monster at times. And it's fun being the underdog in basketball games.
But I'll use the Cavs through this season and then use the Bobcats for our next one.

AkaBalla

*UPDATE FROM 2K SPORTS*

Update on the league problems.
The following leagues were in the middle of a draft when the server crashed earlier tonight. They have been reset so the drafts can be rescheduled. SBI Jaboody TGO big ballin round 1 ROUND 2 newark Until further notice, we recommend league members and admins avoid using the league web site for anything other than "community interaction". League administration and participation should be done via the console (create / join leagues, drafts, invites, etc). On a related note, do not modify the Team Sliders in Online Options if you are in a league as it will make it impossible for you to start any league games. With regards to the problem of wins and losses being reversed, we think this is caused by games starting with the home and away teams reversed from what is on the schedule. Please note whether your team is home or away on the schedule before starting a league game and if you are not on the correct side of the team select screen do not start the game. Both users should try rebooting before trying to start the game. If that doesn't correct the home / away assignment please contact customerservice@2ksports.com with your league name and the teams involved in the game so we can investigate the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience imposed on many of you and ask that you please bear with us a little longer as we sort things out. Thank you for your patience and support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Konex u cant save ur online settings (Team sliders) or else u'll get that Network error.

AkaBalla

DaddyZ said:
Just start the league over 1 more time. ;)

Oh no... That isnt for our league im saying that if you go into ur online settings in to change ur conttroller options, camera etc... Then you'll get the Network error gltich in leagues or tourny's.... Not the League options.....

DAMN IT, DM. My bad, man. That was not me quitting. My internet just shit on my face. wtf.

Cable crapping out annoys me the most, esp. during Live games.

had a great game with juanmr that got away from me. really pissed me off too. time ticking down in the 3rd, i'd finally fought my way back to a tie, 10 seconds left im going to get the last shot. nope here comes the greatest stealer in the NBA luke ridinour or whoever that gay ass PG is for seattle. he steals the ball, im getting back on D and he has next to no time to get the shot off. whats the worst that will happen? a 2 pt defecit in the 4th? nope. luke drives, does some crazy jump pass to ray allen who is covered in the corner, he jacks the shot up, gets fouled and makes the 3. 4 point defecit. that alone pissed me off to no end. add to that the fact that i missed a gajillion wide open shots or shots by the rim and i have to say it was frustrating. oh well, i will rise again!

JuanMR2

FrenchMovieTheme said:
had a great game with juanmr that got away from me. really pissed me off too. time ticking down in the 3rd, i'd finally fought my way back to a tie, 10 seconds left im going to get the last shot. nope here comes the greatest stealer in the NBA luke ridinour or whoever that gay ass PG is for seattle. he steals the ball, im getting back on D and he has next to no time to get the shot off. whats the worst that will happen? a 2 pt defecit in the 4th? nope. luke drives, does some crazy jump pass to ray allen who is covered in the corner, he jacks the shot up, gets fouled and makes the 3. 4 point defecit. that alone pissed me off to no end. add to that the fact that i missed a gajillion wide open shots or shots by the rim and i have to say it was frustrating. oh well, i will rise again!

O'Bryant has got to go, he missed so many shots in the paint. GG, I didn't intentionally pass it out to Allen at the 3 point line either I actually tried to alley it to Lewis which was running towards the hoop. I'll take though.

the funny thing is when i saw that pass go to allen i say "thank god" cause i thought for sure you'd either miss or time would run out. o'bryant is a monster rebounder but damn i wish he could hit a shot or two :(

CB3

It Sounds like you need the Sweetness

300px-Mike_Sweetney.jpg

Would anyone like to play a scrim? I was playing DM a while ago and my internet crapped out. I want to take out my frustration on one of you guys :lol

Unless my internet dies on me again. Then, I'd throw this 360 at something.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rorschach said:
Jobber where you at?!

You scaaaaared? You maaaaaaad?

damn I missed you on IRC. I'm finishing a offline game...ummm meet me in the lobby around 10:15ish (est) which would be in 25 minutes in yahoo time -_-

I'm playing a classic game!

Top Bottom