• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

you won't beat me dm. baron wont let it happen!

snoopy.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Now I have a cheesing dunking threat!! FINALLY! Now you Kobe and T-Mac users *cough!!* are dead!

Pffft who cares about T-mac,its all about Rafer!

Rorschach

Truelize said:
What is your schedule tomorrow during the day? I work 5 to 10 mountain time and I'm leaving town for Thanksgiving weekend Saturday afternoon after I work 10-5. And I'm not back till Monday night. Sorry man.

Is Ram not playing with us? Has anyone heard what he wound up thinking of the game?
You're playing Malley.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You guys should all count yourselves freakin lucky I'm not using the Bobcats in the league.

Morrison is crazy in this game. Just ask Konex. :D

Go ahead, tell em Konex. :D

conex i propose you open 5 weeks up at a time for the following reasons:

1. that is how the nba is! it's not X amount of games per week in the real nba!
2. now look at those of us finished with week 1. we have to sit here wavin our dicks in the wind until week 2 comes around. when will that be? who the F knows!
3. it would keep interest in the league longer! one problem with madden that i can't bypass (due to the nature of the nfl and it being a sim league) is that we have to play 1 game a week. nothin i can do. but YOU can change NBA man. make it happen i say!

all in favor say yay, all opposed say nay

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
2. now look at those of us finished with week 1. we have to sit here wavin our dicks in the wind until week 2 comes around. when will that be? who the F knows!
"Week 1 advances on Saturday at 12pmet..."
;)

Yay even though it might mess with the stats. Some of us actually like to play!

Fifty

It shouldnt really be a stats issue since the important stats are game averages, not total points.

32 games. 4 days per game. Thats 128 days.

I think FMTs idea is a good one. This way we might actually see season 2

DCX

DCX
Hey Konex, i just had my game with DSal, and it disconnected on his end...cuasing me to get the win, he was up 14 with like 3 or so minutes left..what can be done by this?

DCX

Rorschach

Fifty said:
It shouldnt really be a stats issue since the important stats are game averages, not total points.

32 games. 4 days per game. Thats 128 days.

I think FMTs idea is a good one. This way we might actually see season 2
Yeah, I thought of that, but averages over 1 game are so much different than averages over 5 games. ;)

Anyway, all in all, I think it's a good idea and I was thinking the same thing after my game with fmt.

DCX the commish needs to reset your game. if only there was some type of dependable "co-commissioner" appointed for times like these.... maybe for ps3 version :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

3. it would keep interest in the league longer! one problem with madden that i can't bypass (due to the nature of the nfl and it being a sim league) is that we have to play 1 game a week. nothin i can do. but YOU can change NBA man. make it happen i say!

That sounds pretty good. What kinda time are you thinking for each group of 5 weeks? 1 week? cause that might work. Maybe opening up 4 games for each week might be better.

You guys cool with it being 4 games a week?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
DCX the commish needs to reset your game. if only there was some type of dependable "co-commissioner" appointed for times like these.... maybe for ps3 version :D

I'm here, Konex just hasn't given me admin rights yet to the league site. That's all. I mentioned it tonight though so hopefully he'll check this thread early tomorrow and I can help more.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
brother i am cool with anything that allows me to play multiple games within the week

p.s. im just joshin you buddy

Oh I know. No worries. I read some pretty heavy sarcasm into your post.

DMczaf

(11:13:12 PM) dmczafx23: So how do you like truelize's job as co-commish
(11:13:13 PM) dmczafx23: i think he's doing pretty good
(11:13:32 PM) WhosSorryNow015: **** him!
(11:13:52 PM) WhosSorryNow015: he couldn't carry my jockstrap!

Dont lie FMT!

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Sorry French Diogu is a baby center. I need a seven footer!! Bluemax you have a trade proposal.

Interesting, but then I'd be lacking a true center and have too many PGs. I'm ok with the majority of my lineup, I just want to swap Ruben Patterson with a spot up shooter. I like Smith off the bench, but my starting line up is lacking a shooter hardcore.

Unless someone wants to swap for a package of Boykins and Ruben Patterson...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yo Pheeniks, how about Boris Diaw for Alonzo Mourning. You would be easily upgrading over Haslem as Diaw has range for 15-20 ft jumpshots. Check out the trade offer!!

Cloudy

Banned
DCX said:
Hey Konex, i just had my game with DSal, and it disconnected on his end...cuasing me to get the win, he was up 14 with like 3 or so minutes left..what can be done by this?

DCX

I'll fix the scores and leave it as it is. If you think you could have come back to win and Dsal agrees, I can reset the game. Lemme know...

I'm not sure I can change this since I didn't choose flex sched from the start. I'll check.

PS: Tru, I thought I gave you admin rights. Lemme see it again...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Shawnwhann said:
Yo Pheeniks, how about Boris Diaw for Alonzo Mourning. You would be easily upgrading over Haslem as Diaw has range for 15-20 ft jumpshots. Check out the trade offer!!

wtf, don't do it pheeniks

haslem > diaw

zo > diaw

(BTW, I'm still open to KG for Wade , just hit me up if you change your mind :) )

Cloudy

Banned
Also for those complaining about games, the league lobby is there for practice games. I'm pretty sure we'll be on week 2 by tonight...

PS: Check the new poll...

wtf, don't do it pheeniks

haslem > diaw

zo > diaw

(BTW, I'm still open to KG for Wade , just hit me up if you change your mind )

Talk about a cock block!! You don't see me me trying to sour your deal for Wade am I? I love Diaw, but I realize I need more size. To get something, you gotta give something. He is fast, has great 15-20 jumpshot range, and is good for playing several positions. Plus he is a starter of mine asking for a backup. This deal is nowhere as one sized as a Wade for KG trade would be. Why would he need KG when he has plenty of size and skill at his 4+5 position. Just let me know soon Pheeniks, if not there are other prospects I am considering as well. Thanks.

EDIT- Futhermore if you really thought you had a shot at Dwayne Wade you must be smoking that purple haze. KG is is an all-star but Wade is a game changer!! You need to lower your expectations for what you could get for a KG. Look for a Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, or a Steve Francis is you want your slasher dunk on everybody player that can shoot 3's

Cloudy

Banned
Oh and why is Rip Hamilton shooting 44 times in a game? Dude, you're not gonna beat anyone that way (unless they're absolutely terrible) :lol

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
conex whats the word on advancing the schedule or opening up 5 games at a time?

It's not possible from what I've seen. No option for it on the site but I haven't been on XBL today (everything else can be done on both sides).

I also remember us doing that last year and it was awful (no group pressure on slackers to play) so I can't say I'm disappointed we can't change it. Vote on the poll for a shorter interval and I'll be firm on the advance dates...

DMczaf

This season is going to take FOREVER if we do it by a week to week basis. Its not like the NFL where we only have 17 weeks (16 games). We will probably finish NBA Season 1 by January. and then theres the playoffs, which would not end until late January-early February.

If you have a way to change it, you need to do it. If not, then we just play through it and learn from our mistakes.

Cloudy

Banned
There is no way to change it but if you want 1-day advance dates we can do that. New poll up...

I have no problem playing everyday but we have 20 people in this league...

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
learn from our mistakes just like our Hero simms...

Hero...

Hero.

Cloudy said:
There is no way to change it but if you want 1-day advance dates we can do that. New poll up...

I have no problem playing everyday but we have 20 people in this league...

Did you check on XBL? Give me commish powers, ill check!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if you choose flexible, then you can play anyone on your schedule at anytime. kinda sucks cuase then the whole schedule is open from the get-go
Ah...well, then both options suck. ;b

Cloudy

Banned
Choose it next time. :( Why wouldn't you want a flexible schedule?

Cos we did it last year and it was the biggest factor in killing the league. The active players played while the guys who need to be pushed had no one bugging them to play. We have to be real here, some guys are going to need prodding to get their games in and a flex sched eliminates that till it's too late...

Make me commish! I want to check out the admin options anyway.

Done...you have admin rights for an hour. Go wild!

Top Bottom