• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Cloudy

Banned
For the last time, it's not possible. I even gave DM admin rights to check this afternoon since he thought I was lying or something...

2 days between games won't kill you..geez. If the majority insists, I can do ONE as well. It's not like you can't play games in the lobby with your rosters and full league sliders >_<

PS: Jobber, where's the link to last year's league so we can see how great the flex sked worked back then..

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
Anyone interested in David Wesly? I'm not using him cause he isnt a Rocket anymore and his ablity to shoot is going to waste sitting on my bench.

What's Wesley's rating? I could be interested.

pheeniks are you available tonight? I'm gonna be at the USC game tomorrow...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
What's Wesley's rating? I could be interested.

pheeniks are you available tonight? I'm gonna be at the USC game tomorrow...

72 overall rating,Im not sure about his 3pt rating.

Fifty

Reminder to everyone who's made a trade. Make sure to go into your lineup settings on XBL so it registers you as having the player. At least that's how it was last year..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gonna vote against the Diaw/Marion trade. I know it will still go through cause the majority doesn't really care but Marion is a top 10 player and Diaw is borderline superstar now. Jones is nothing, not in this game and not in real life. Bosh is a monster but is not equal to Marion. So the deal is WAY lopsided.

If you wouldn't do the deal in fantasy then you shouldn't be cool with it going on in here. We are trying to play a sim league guys. Lets think about keeping the trades balanced too. I really doubt that the Suns would have offered that trade at all. Not in a million years.

And I know both Shawn and Fifty want this trade but playing sim also entails keeping a balance for everyone else. I doubt I would see Fifty and FMT allowing crazy trades happen in Madden.

Matrix said:
72 overall rating,Im not sure about his 3pt rating.

I would like to have a chance to get at him Matrix. Do you need someone that matters or just a roster filler? I guess he'll be on the Cavs when we get around to season 2, sucks that the roster update isn't here yet.

Cloudy

Banned
I doubt I would see Fifty and FMT allowing crazy trades happen in Madden.

Well they are clamoring for it here. Look they kept bugging me so I just approved the trade before Shawn started his game.

I put up a vote against it but no one cared enough to vote against it. Let it go, Tru. It's kinda BS but the trade feature is there for a reason, right? The best I can do if put it up for vote and if folks feel it's ok, I'll let it go as long as the talent swap is not too ridiculous..

the open schedule was fine. it's just people lost interest in the league or dropped eventually. plus if you did open schedule now you could say "only play your first 5 games" and if someone didn't, just reset the game. but it is a moot point since it cant be changed now

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
In all honesty True I could use someone who can play somewhat,I mean my bench is gimped.

Im missing like 4 or 5 players.

Fifty

Are the 2K servers down for anyone else? I'm trying to log on and it won't let me! Alls I wanna do is pimp my lineup!

Truelize said:
I'm gonna vote against the Diaw/Marion trade. I know it will still go through cause the majority doesn't really care but Marion is a top 10 player and Diaw is borderline superstar now. Jones is nothing, not in this game and not in real life. Bosh is a monster but is not equal to Marion. So the deal is WAY lopsided.

If you wouldn't do the deal in fantasy then you shouldn't be cool with it going on in here. We are trying to play a sim league guys. Lets think about keeping the trades balanced too. I really doubt that the Suns would have offered that trade at all. Not in a million years.

And I know both Shawn and Fifty want this trade but playing sim also entails keeping a balance for everyone else. I doubt I would see Fifty and FMT allowing crazy trades happen in Madden.

I understand this trade has just made Fifty a contender now that he has some offensive weapons. Dude is playing with the Raptors of all teams for goodness sakes. Even with Diaw and Marion he is still going to be facing as uphill battle against the more elite teams.

I doubt the Suns would make this trade too, but I am trying to change the identity of my team. Right now, my team is a mess defensively and I have to have more than a glorified 3 spot at my 4. I can live with Stoudemire at the Center, but I would like to see his at the 4. Hopefully I can address that with one more move. I have plenty of depth to replace the contribution Marion and Diaw gave me. Bosh will play a large part in that. How does this trade make the league unbalanced? He has made his team better, and so have I. Neither of us has created a team comparable to the Heat or the Spurs You can't treat this situation like Gordon for Carter. I inquired about several big men and got turned down multiple times. The trade is done now, so lets just move on!!

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
I understand this trade has just made Fifty a contender now that he has some offensive weapons. Dude is playing with the Raptors of all teams for goodness sakes. Even with Diaw and Marion he is still going to be facing as uphill battle against the more elite teams.

I doubt the Suns would make this trade too, but I am trying to change the identity of my team. Right now, my team is a mess defensively and I have to have more than a glorified 3 spot at my 4. I can live with Stoudemire at the Center, but I would like to see his at the 4. Hopefully I can address that with one more move. I have plenty of depth to replace the contribution Marion and Diaw gave me. Bosh will play a large part in that. How does this trade make the league unbalanced? He has made his team better, and so have I. Neither of us has created a team comparable to the Heat or the Spurs You can't treat this situation like Gordon for Carter. I inquired about several big men and got turned down multiple times. The trade is done now, so lets just move on!!

Why pick a team if you don't like their identity? I don't get it.

You seriously may wanna think before you ask questions.

The commissioner has the team I love and want. Anything else is a sorry consolation prize. By the time I got a chance to pick a team 13-14 teams were already gone. I grabbed the Suns because they were available, and I had every intention of trading for a low post presence from the start.

bluemax

Banned
pheeniks said:
BlueMax when will you be available tomorrow? I will be back at 11:30 CT, for sure, and free the rest of the day.

Kickoff is at 12:30 PST, game is on TV, so I dunno 4-5pm maybe. I'll IM you as soon as I'm home.

Matrix

Konex did it again.

mistake.gif

DCX

DCX
Shawn...let me know when we can get our second game in, i know you have to play your first still.

DCX

I played it last night, but the game did not register because the serves went down in the middle of the game. I won my game by like 32 points, ans Nash had like 27 assists. But it wont show up. :( Konex said he will just give me the win so I dont have to play my game over. Whenever you are ready, including now!!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
I played it last night, but the game did not register because the serves went down in the middle of the game. I won my game by like 32 points, ans Nash had like 27 assists. But it wont show up. :( Konex said he will just give me the win so I dont have to play my game over. Whenever you are ready, including now!!
Lets go now then, meet you online!

DCX

Fifty

You're playing at 9 am. This has to be a first...

Damn you saturdays! I've had like 0 hours of sleep. I hope for your sake you've had more.

bluemax said:
Kickoff is at 12:30 PST, game is on TV, so I dunno 4-5pm maybe. I'll IM you as soon as I'm home.

Alright. Isn't the league advancing at 12 though? I know it sucks for you to be up a little early to play but maybe it has to be done. Anyways, PM when you're ready and let the ASS WHOOPIN begin!

Fifty

Right, yeah, I just recalled that it's at 12. Says so on the main league page. I'm tired! What's your excuse. Off to responsibility I go.

I'm playing with balla now---so is there NO way to save playbooks and such? I hate doing it at the beginning of every game!

Just got 8 sec. violation wtf!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks, I'm interested in Haslem, check your offers when you get a chance.

(BTW, Eddie Griffin has a 96 block rating. So what you'd be getting is a formidable low post defensive presence that can shut down the inside along with Shaq and Zo.)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex might as well approve my trade for billups. i was going to stick it out but if everyone else is going to trade then i am cool with it too :D

Yeah most defininately approve the trade. We are both getting something we really want out of this trade so lets go :D

DCX

DCX
god game..i gotta do something about these offensive rebounds, i will lose every game if i can't secure the rebound.

DCX

Good game DCX, I'm happy I made that trade so I could win in games like this one where it is was a slower paced game. The rebounding is alot better now that I have a true power forward in the post. Not sure if I should I have played you before our real game. I saw what I need to adjust for when playing you, but you saw the same for me. Our ranked game should be interesting

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Good game DCX, I'm happy I made that trade so I could win in games like this one where it is was a slower paced game. The rebounding is alot better now that I have a true power forward in the post. Not sure if I should I have played you before our real game. I saw what I need to adjust for when playing you, but you saw the same for me. Our ranked game should be interesting
Yeah..Bosh and Amare are beats on the offesnsive glass, i have to stuff the paint...the reason i got Jeffries starting is to give me that height and rebounding from the 3 position. I need to get Francis the **** out of town, i need a shooter, and Francis isn't going to get run on my team...people make an offer!!

DCX

AkaBalla

pheeniks said:
GG Balla. That was the most fun game I've had yet.

Yes that was a great game.. The addition of Ricky Davis is a good move to get rid of Wiggle Antoine.. U have a nice team......

Top Bottom