• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Rorschach

jobber said:
damn I missed you on IRC. I'm finishing a offline game...ummm meet me in the lobby around 10:15ish (est) which would be in 25 minutes in yahoo time -_-

I'm playing a classic game!
Roger that, homeslice.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
BTW, Blue Max. For our league game, I'll only be available from 8pm EST and on tommorrow.

Monday, I won't be able to play before 12pm EST. So if you could get on Sunday night to play our game, that would be great :)

strikeselect

pheeniks, what happened? did your internet crap out again

I was winning too :-(

KG and Toine were taking care of business

WTF. Second time tonight my internet died in the middle of a game! I'm sorry Cerrius...I would ask you to play again, but I think something is wrong with my connection tonight, will have to wait for tomorrow.

I think Road Runner needs a little bitching at.

Cerrius said:
pheeniks, what happened? did your internet crap out again

I was winning too :-(

KG and Toine were taking care of business

I was ready to sub Flash back in and retake care of business :(

Not complaining---but are we allowed to control a player not defending the ballhandler? I saw that you did that, and I've wanted to do that sometimes, but I didn't know if it was allowed.

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
Not complaining---but are we allowed to control a player not defending the ballhandler? I saw that you did that, and I've wanted to do that sometimes, but I didn't know if it was allowed.

I would think yes. It's impossible to guard a human ballhander manually. IMPOSSIBLE. Unless the other guy feels sorry for you and slows down.

I did that numerous times while you were defending Mike James, I would intentionally slow down so you could keep up.

Fifty

Konex hasn't enforced manual D. I think it's best that everyone plays it and it's a bit ridiculous when I face someone who does it. But sometimes even I'll cover a guy who's not handling the ball if it's crucial to the possession, albeit briefly. Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're technically allowed to play auto D all game, but it's pretty ****ing lame and I'd suggest playing 90% manual.

edit: above post. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to cover a ball handler at all. What is tricky is when they cut back and forth rapidly to get past you. There's no momentum in the game and, well, it can get pretty crazy. I've only encountered a few times when it wasn't in my best interest to play manual D. Now I've been playing legit players only..if I played someone who was trying to exploit stuff, then I might be complaining more. In the course of a legit game it's perfectly manageable to play manual all game

strikeselect

I think manually defending a human player is pointless. The game is fundamentally flawed in the fact that the human offensive player ALWAYS has an advantage over a human defender.

strikeselect

Fifty said:
edit: above post. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to cover a ball handler at all. What is tricky is when they cut back and forth rapidly to get past you. There's no momentum in the game and, well, it can get pretty crazy. I've only encountered a few times when it wasn't in my best interest to play manual D. Now I've been playing legit players only..if I played someone who was trying to exploit stuff, then I might be complaining more. In the course of a legit game it's perfectly manageable to play manual all game

Um no, it is impossible. Play someone worth a damn and they'll blow by you every single possession.

Now if Gaffers are willing to slow down and not exploit the offensive advantage. I'm all for it.

i personally switch it up. if i call a zone defense i'm not going to go roaming after after every ball carrier. when i call zone i stay in my zone, especially when i'm playing a 3 point shooting team cause the AI drifts too far and sometimes a sharpshooter gets wide open and nuts all over you. i play manual defense a bit as well, and if a human opponent comes into my zone on defense i will guard him.

Fifty

Fine, maybe my 'at all' was a mistake. I'm saying when I play legit gaffers, who play a realistic game and don't try to exploit driving past a manual defender every game, it's ok to play manual D. Personally I'd be pissed as hell if someone did try to drive past me every possession, and I wouldn't play them again..so I'm not talking about situations like that. I'm assuming league players wouldn't be relying on exploits.

strikeselect

Fifty said:
Fine, maybe my 'at all' was a mistake. I'm saying when I play legit gaffers, who play a realistic game and don't try to exploit driving past a manual defender every game, it's ok to play manual D. Personally I'd be pissed as hell if someone did try to drive past me every possession, and I wouldn't play them again..so I'm not talking about situations like that. I'm assuming league players wouldn't be relying on exploits.

I'm ok playing manual D if league players don't drive on me every possession. I'm traumatized by all the cheesers I've played online.

I see manual D as a weakness so I never do it.

Rorschach

jobber said:
GAME OF THE YEAR!

even if I would've lost
:|

Turnover central!

I expected something more...slowly paced against the Spurs. Every pass was intercepted...

I cry...GG.

I always forget to pass with the bumper instead of just directly...they'll never pass to the friggin' point guard right in front of them, they'll throw it down court.

btw- that glitch where you shoot the FT while my subs are still walking in sucks ass...automatic rebound for the shooter.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rorschach said:
:|

Turnover central!

I expected something more...slowly paced against the Spurs. Every pass was intercepted...

I cry...GG.

I tried a slow pace, but with the sliders and whatnot, it negates all my plans. So I let Parker run the O, get it low then pass out. If I miss, and you saw the results of that, I get exposed on the other side of the floor. Small Ball FTW?

Rorschach said:
btw- that glitch where you shoot the FT while my subs are still walking in sucks ass...automatic rebound for the shooter.

:lol :lol :lol It does that offline too

cerrius no one is going to cheese it up in that manner. it is against league rules. if someone is driving the lane every time down we have a problem. no one that i've played has done that yet (at gaf)

Fifty

It's kinda a bummer Konex has to manually view the games to get the stats to upload to the site. No huge issue but I'd like to see some of the week 2 stats. Oh well he'll probably do it tonight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Manual D takes skill and effort. I also pride myself on playing manual D and switching to a weakside shotblocker if I get burnt. But I've noticed that the defensive slide trigger (L trigger) seems to be pressure sensitive. I mean I seem to be able to stay in front of my defender better if I'm not pressing it all the way down.
But playing manual D 90% of the time like fifty mentioned is pretty much the way to play the game. I will double if I can get someone stuck in a corner and I'm really trying to put some pressure on to create a turnover, but I think it's ridiculous when somone just uses their centre and sits back and watches the game play defense for them.

Anybody up for a scrimmage right now?

Or...in other words, does anybody dare to play me and my disconnect-happy internet connection?

bluemax

Banned
WTF is up with the TWolves owner? 38 3 Point attempts? Some weird man crush on Fatoine Walker (36 shots by him!)?

I know a I played like ass but what the hell!

bluemax said:
WTF is up with the TWolves owner? 38 3 Point attempts? Some weird man crush on Fatoine Walker (36 shots by him!)?

That's 'Toine ball for you

strikeselect

bluemax said:

"I only shoot so many threes because there are no fours." - Antoine (GOD BLESS HIM) Walker

TOINE FTW

*shimmy*

Fifty

Those two posts are mighty conflicting. Please tell me you not getting the Heat hasn't turned you insane.

Shimmy all you want, but that sounds like BS. Sim league. You and Bog can play 1 on 1 .

strikeselect

Fifty said:
Those two posts are mighty conflicting. Please tell me you not getting the Heat hasn't turned you insane.

Shimmy all you want, but that sounds like BS. Sim league. You and Bog can play 1 on 1 .

oh please, the game was a blowout. I don't think there's anything wrong with chucking up threes with toine when the outcome was obvious.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:

Exactly. Clean that up a bit please. 38 shots by any one player is not sim.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cerrius said:
oh please, the game was a blowout. I don't think there's anything wrong with chucking up threes with toine when the outcome was obvious.

Wow...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

:lol

strikeselect

holy shit, I didn't know you people were so anal about "sim" stats.

Yet you turn right around and turn a blindeye to 45 points by richard hamilton and such.

ok ok... now I know for next game

strikeselect

ColdBlooded33 said:
Richard Hamilton wasnt "chucking up 3's" in a blow out win.

Richard Hamilton's last game: FG Attempts: 44, rest of team FG attempts: 30

OMG PLAY SIM

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cerrius said:

OMG PLAY SIM

...And? If he wants to play Kobe with Richard Hamilton thats fine. Your missing the point here. There is no reason to chuck up 3-pointers in a blowout. Thats like Peyton Manning throwing bombs to Marvin Harrison in the 4th quarter, 4 minutes left, with a 28 point lead.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Matrix, game?

VC vs. T-Mac! Cousin vs. Cousin!

Playing my league game against Fifty in 5 mins.

Matrix

strikeselect

ColdBlooded33 said:
...And? If he wants to play Kobe with Richard Hamilton thats fine. Your missing the point here. There is no reason to chuck up 3-pointers in a blowout. Thats like Peyton Manning throwing bombs to Marvin Harrison in the 4th quarter, 4 minutes left, with a 28 point lead.

why not? it's garbage time, the outcome is already decided. Plus, toine is known for chucking up threes relentlessly so I see nothing wrong.

all this bitching about inconsequential shit is annoying at best. I understand playing sim to not cheese the game up but this strictness is ridiculous to say the least.

how the f is richard hamilton allowed to take more FG attempts than his team (which would never happen in the real NBA) yet toine cant chuck up threes in blowouts?

Since Cerrius has disappeared .... I will be waiting in the lobby for any scrim challengers. HOPEFULLY my internet doesn't blow up again. I don't think it will though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:

OMG PLAY SIM

I didn't see that either. Wow.

what is going on with shot attempts so far guys? That is just nuts.

I honestly don't mind people chucking up shots. I find it a challenge to find a way to beat them if they choose to play like that, and plus, they'll miss more often than not, and missing shots means easier buckets for me.

As for me, I even my shot distribution for the most part:D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
Richard Hamilton wants the damn ball! GET HIM THE DAMN BALL!

Chauncy wouldn't mind taking a few shots too though. :(

Has everyone quit on the tourney? Konex and I are still pluggin away at it slowly. That's an achievement I would love to have.

Top Bottom