• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
pheeniks said:
You'll drop 62 on them in 3 quarters :lol

seriously, I want to use Duncan to score 100 during a league game

some games he can't miss even shooting from just inside the 3 point line

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex got banned for talking about the tigers-A's game, so submit info to him on AIM or on the league site.

if any mods see this why was he banned? come on fellas

Dont worry fellas, Konex has made me commish!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I thought i was going to be free but as it turns out I have an appointment with my intern so i can't. Lets play for between 3-4CST. Otherwise I can't play until 10cst D:

AkaBalla

vumpler said:
I thought i was going to be free but as it turns out I have an appointment with my intern so i can't. Lets play for between 3-4CST. Otherwise I can't play until 10cst D:

Hit me up on aim when u get available.. Aim = Ronn4180

Fifty

Jobber, don't give me insulting trades like that. Bowen and Finley for Parker and Marion? Bowen is the same rating as Parker..they're equals in the game. Finley is 78, Marion is 92. Use common sense. Unless the players are a perfect fit, I need the ratings to add up.

jobber

Fifty said:
Jobber, don't give me insulting trades like that. Bowen and Finley for Parker and Marion. Bowen is the same rating as Parker..they're equals in the game. Finley is 78, Marion is 92. Use common sense.

well I was going to make it 2 for Marion but it said I needed to make it equal.

I was going to pick your other 5, but then you would have none.

jobber

Fifty said:
If I trade my #1 asset for two 75ish players I'm shooting myself in the foot. I need a star for Marion.

pssssssshhh I thought you were having a fire sale...

Fifty

I'm no fool. You and Konex can give each other BS offers. I'm trading my guys only to get better guys so I can get a win..not so I can be your bitch, Jobber. Anyway, PF will be my weakest spot if Marion goes, and you're not going to trade Duncan so it's a non issue.

If we had stats on the site, the demand for marion would be higher. :lol His numbers have been great. 25/10 with about 3 blocks/steals. He's the most versitile player in the game, he's just not the best fit for me.

DCX

DCX
i would love Marion but i don't have the peices to offer you...the best i could do is like maybe Jeffries and Francis for Marion and a scrub...but it won't help you, you have Davis now...i need my bigs...even Jeffries...what the hell am i thinking, i'm 3-1 coming off of a 26 point win, why would i want to tinker with that...

DCX

jobber

Fifty said:
Anyway, PF will be my weakest spot if Marion goes, and you're not going to trade Duncan so it's a non issue.

I never said that I wouldn't. I only use Duncan if TP is having an off game. Example, with the Bulls, I used Manu heavy and Duncan only had like 8 points. With Golden State, I couldn't hit the crowd with anyone, except Duncan.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty what are you freakin doing with all your trades man?? You are killing this league with this.

This is not sim at all guys. This has gotten WAY outta hand.

Truelize said:
Fifty what are you freakin doing with all your trades man?? You are killing this league with this.

Yeah, I agree. Marion's a great player and all that, but who would EVER trade Shaq away for the Matrix? (besides Kupchak:lol )

Fifty

Truelize said:

I traded Bosh for a franchise player in Marion. I'm trying to trade for another franchise player. Simple as that. The frequency of the trades may not be realistic, but it's a videogame and I can't afford to eliminate myself from reaching postseason before the halfway point of the season. Every trade I've proposed I've given up as much as I'm getting back. If you didn't want trades in the league, or you wanted a cap on how many people can make, you should have said so before the league started. I'm 0-4, stinking at the game, and trying to make my team better. I'm the only person posting stories on the league page. It's not like I'm some random douche sending out unfair offers. If you're going to call me out on this then we've got a problem.

AkaBalla

We should find some sort of way in future leagues to make our own salary caps.. Winning games gives u more $ to trade for players.. etc....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm whenever my Howard for Bonzi trade gets approved I can play anytime up until 8 pm eastern.Then I cant play till 10 pm eastern.I'm doing a Bob and catchig up on some tv that I havent been able to watch cause my nephew has been around.

So in short im free now till 8 pm *I must have BONZI!* and then im free again at 10 :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
I traded Bosh for a franchise player in Marion. I'm trying to trade for another franchise player. Simple as that. The frequency of the trade may not be realistic, but it's a videogame and I can't afford to eliminate myself from the postseason before the halfway point of the season. Every trade I've proposed I've given up as much as I'm getting back. If you didn't want trades in the league, or you wanted a cap on how many people can make, you should have said so before the league started. I'm 0-4, stinking at the game, and trying to make my team better. I'm the only person posting stories on the league page. If you're going to call me out this then we've got a problem.

But your not losing cause your team is horrible or anything. You are going through the same crap that a lot of us are with these new shot animations. I can't imagine how hard Marion's shot is though. But I went 1-11 with Bron in my last game.
I know you are trying to get better, but you really think that playing one of two games with this team has given you enough time to figure out how to use these players? How many trades have you done so far man? :lol It's comedy.
I don't actually care how many trades you do. I wont stop anything that is realistic. I just think you are jumping ship way too early.

"Then we've got a problem?" please. Relax

Matrix said:
Dm whenever my Howard for Bonzi trade gets approved I can play
Give me five minutes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,can you approve trades?

edit- In fiftys defense True,he has played me in practice games not just league games with these players and has sucked arse with them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
True,can you approve trades?

edit- In fiftys defense True,he has played me in practice games not just league games with these players and has sucked arse with them.

That's cool. I wasn't trying to come off like I was gonna stop him from doing it. And I see that I did. My bad.

Wells is yours.

And I can do everything that Konex can guys. Well other than take 45 shots a game with Kobe that is. :D

*I'm home all day if anyone needs anything commish related. *

Fifty

Ok, you're forgiven True. I'm in a bad mood and since I've been taking an active interest in the league (albeit while making an unrealistic AMOUNT of trades) I took offense when you said I'm "killing the league with this"

Matrix

Dm 10 mins,need a bite to eat before I lose.

Comfort food!

Matrix

holy shit a small plane or copter hit a high rise building 10 blocks from where I live :eek:

Matrix

F-ng A 9/11 flashbacks for me,I have local channels so im seeing stuff other people cant.

I also am hearing a crazy amount of sirens.

Man I was just about to log onto 2k7,I need a little time dm.Ill log on at like 3:30,20 mins.

Matrix

you coming dm? :(

Matrix

Matrix

I couldnt eat,damn planes :(

conex at least put a cap on the trade deadline.

oh shit i just remembered he is banned. can someone who is at home talk to CK or someone and just have konex unbanned in the online section of the forum? shit is ridiculous that he gets banned for rooting against the oakland A's.

Matrix

gg dm I guess

jesus christ that was gross for me,I couldnt hit a damn jump shot or 3 at all

I dont get this game sometimes :\

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
conex at least put a cap on the trade deadline.

oh shit i just remembered he is banned. can someone who is at home talk to CK or someone and just have konex unbanned in the online section of the forum? shit is ridiculous that he gets banned for rooting against the oakland A's.

What do you mean by a cap on the trade deadline??

Fifty

You meant set a trade deadline? Isn't there already one? As long as there's one in place I don't think we'll have any problems. Konex has seen to it that unfair deals (*cough* Vince Carter) don't happen for the most part

Anyway

Celtics are playing the Raptors in a preseason game tonight, and I've got tickets :D The 2K "raptors" might be 0-4 but hopefully the real ones fare better. Wish us luck.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
You meant set a trade deadline? Isn't there already one?

Yeah there is. Aka suggested on the 2k site that we create an untradeable list. I think that is the best idea. Each team will have some players that are not to be traded. So if you don't like the personal then pick another team. We couldn't do that before season one because people hadn't had a chance to use their teams and figure out which guys they don't like, but for season two we should be good.

Matrix

Dm did you have any lag? Felt a little bit sluggish for me and i think thats why I shot 3 for something with alston.

Fifty

Truelize said:
Yeah there is. Aka suggested on the 2k site that we create an untradeable list. I think that is the best idea. Each team will have some players that are not to be traded. So if you don't like the personal then pick another team. We couldn't do that before season one because people hadn't had a chance to use their teams and figure out which guys they don't like, but for season two we should be good.

That's an interesting idea. It's quite a step to take away that control. I'd hope that we'd have a vote before trying that in season 2. I guess I wouldn't mind it, but it is going against one of 2K's biggest features.

Top Bottom