• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Juan I see your watching a movie on the 360,im free to play after if you can.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
yea thats cool.

Cerrius I'm hurrrrr to whoopass now!

I went on XBL and you weren't there, so just post here when you can play. I'll check this every 5 minutes or so...since the wireless ain't working right today.

Fifty

I did it! I really did it! I can't believe it! I didn't stink. :lol

Raptors without The Baron, ADONAL and Matt Bonner: 0-4

Raptors with them: 1-0

Baron can hit 3's...finally a guy on my team who can. I was last in 3's in the league through 4.

Adonal Foyle...a throw in in the Baron trade, is a defensive god. He had 7 boards..and 6 blocks! His poetry inspired me.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I did it! I really did it! I can't believe it! I didn't stink. :lol

Raptors without The Baron, ADONAL and Matt Bonner: 0-4

Raptors with them: 1-0

Baron can hit 3's...finally a guy on my team who can. I was last in 3's in the league through 4.

Adonal Foyle...a throw in in the Baron trade, is a defensive god. He had 7 boards..and 6 blocks! His poetry inspired me.
Nice!

DCX

Matrix

Juan,you around?

I can play now.

Fifty

Oh yeah, and FYI..I wasn't able to connect to Cold Blooded with my router connected, it was very odd. I've played 5 or so other people prior to that game with the router and it was fine, but against him I had to disconnect it and play without the router hooked up. It's like our routers didn't mesh or something. No biggie, since I can switch over in those cases, but I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Matrix

What a f-ing choke job I had.

10 pt lead with under two mins to go and I lose by two.

I blew it with shitty subbing and I cant believe I got to the ft line only 1 time all game *WTF*.I also missed like 4 dunks with T-mac.

Juans Sonics totally killed me on the boards,that didnt help.

Matrix said:

I blew it with shitty subbing and I cant believe I got to the ft line only 1 time all game *WTF*.I also missed like 4 dunks with T-mac.

It's okay. At least you didn't blow a 20 point lead to the Celtics

But yeah, I suppose Juan gave you a taste of your own medicine...and by that I mean he T-Macced you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdonVbC7tg

JuanMR2

Matrix said:

GG, Yeah those T-mac misses in the 4th were great. Manual defense is very hard against T-mac. The Ray Allen free throws with 1.7 seconds left had my heart pounding out of my chest.

a summary of my game with dcx:

* game starts
* pass inside to Player X on the knicks, hit hop step button, easy layup
* warriors player shoots, balls rolls out
* pass inside to player X on the knicks outside the paint, hop step into the paint, easy bucket
* warriors player shoots, ball rolls out
* double digit halftime lead
* garbage time points to make the score look respectable

i dont know if its cause my D rating sucks or what, but i think its pretty ****ing gay that i can play decent defense only to have it all negated by some bullcrap spin/dunk or easy bucket

dcx i know we had equal points in the paint, but at one point you had 33/41 points in the paint. to be honest i dont think it mattered anyways, but after the first quarter i pretty much started playing retard ball since its pointless to play sim when it is all taken away by the crappy inside D in the game

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
a summary of my game with dcx:

* game starts
* pass inside to Player X on the knicks, hit hop step button, easy layup
* warriors player shoots, balls rolls out
* pass inside to player X on the knicks outside the paint, hop step into the paint, easy bucket
* warriors player shoots, ball rolls out
* double digit halftime lead
* garbage time points to make the score look respectable

i dont know if its cause my D rating sucks or what, but i think its pretty ****ing gay that i can play decent defense only to have it all negated by some bullcrap spin/dunk or easy bucket

dcx i know we had equal points in the paint, but at one point you had 33/41 points in the paint. to be honest i dont think it mattered anyways, but after the first quarter i pretty much started playing retard ball since its pointless to play sim when it is all taken away by the crappy inside D in the game
How many block did you have on said post moves, how many times did i exlpoit the post due to you playing a zone ( that mind you i couldn't shoot my way out of if my life depended on it ). Your bigs kinda suck...i know Frye and Curry aren't all-star type players but i would expect Curry to beat O' Crappy and Diougo-o-isuck 8-10 times. I do agree the jumpers you missed is insane, 5 footers with J-Rich should be automatic...Mo-Pete should have drained alot more of the shots he did but, like you said..we ended up with just about the same points in the paint...i'm not saying i'm using a glitch to win the game, becuase i took tons of jumpers and threes that didn't fall either...and lets not even talk about free throws.....

DCX

Fifty

Lil Mo Pete and TJ Ford just don't have what it takes to win in 2K. I feel for ya, FMT. I had tons of bad luck with easy 5 footers in the first 4 games, it really pissed me off at times.

AkaBalla

I agree with FMT.. My game with DCX he did alot of Hop steps and there was nothing i could do about it. It also affected my game as well missing wide open shots.. I dunno. I think doing 5 the maximum Hop steps a game is quite enough. Heck i was playing a 2-3 zone and used my PG to sit in the paint and hit the charge button and he would just spin away from me.

AkaBalla

Hey Truelize,

The Celtics are on the move to trade for Luke Jackson for Dwayne Jones. Since i dont have Dwayne Jones on my roster how would Rajon Rondo fare for u?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkaBalla said:
I agree with FMT.. My game with DCX he did alot of Hop steps and there was nothing i could do about it. It also affected my game as well missing wide open shots.. I dunno. I think doing 5 the maximum Hop steps a game is quite enough. Heck i was playing a 2-3 zone and used my PG to sit in the paint and hit the charge button and he would just spin away from me.

hitting the double team button helps.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
Hey Truelize,

The Celtics are on the move to trade for Luke Jackson for Dwayne Jones. Since i dont have Dwayne Jones on my roster how would Rajon Rondo fare for u?

That should probably work. I'll take a look at my roster quick.

You guys need to stop complaining about missing open shots and not being able to defend the hop step. As he's hopstepping or driving switch to a weakside shot blocker and bring the house at him.
And if you are missing shots IT'S YOU not the game. Everyone's release is different this year guys. I'm shooting under 20% with Lebron this year so far cause I can't figure out his release. HE IS THE HIGHEST RATED PLAYER IN THE GAME, and it has nothing to do with his rating or the sliders. It's all user mistake. Go into practice mode, play a bunch of offline games and get to know your players release points.

Matrix

I still cant believe I choked away that game lastnight.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Nocioni is on the trading block, 84 rated SF!

Make me a fair offer, and I'll CONSIDER it!

SHANEEEEEEEE AND HEADDDDD SEXY HEAD

This Saturday, someone is about to get thier undefeated cherry popped!!

I hope Noshitski is ready to be Boshed in the valley of the sun!!!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks, play me tonight because Saturday I'll be unavailable!!!

send me a message on xbox live, I'll probably be playing PSU.

Matrix

Ok accepted it :D

I have no excuse to choke away games now,I have another scorer.

Cerrius said:
gg pheeniks, you've gotten alot better since I last played you.

yeah, gg. next time I'm going to manage the game better and not make stupid passes in crunch time, and hopefully stop choking on free throws

Matrix

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Lets go Matrix, time to see who got the better end of the deal!

Little thing called dinner!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I talked to Malley on AIM earlier. We're suppose to play after tonight's baseball game. I guess if he missed your game, he can play you too.

Do you guys know how to play online with another person at your 360? My friend and I can't figure it out, but on the box it says 'online multiplayer 2-8"

Fun running into you in the lobby, balla

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
So wait...i'm a cheeseball player?!?! Whatever...you killed me online all the previous games we played man, and the one time i beat you, it's the leauge game...all i did was hop step? nothing you can do about it?

How about use a shot blocker wait until the animation is done and throw it into the 8th row?!?! How about double down in the paint, half court trap, full court press...hot your own shots, i mean really, what's good for one, should be for the other....i play to the Knicks supposed strengths ( we know they suck in real life ) Francis, Marbury, Crawford, Q should hit shots, get into the paint, hit threes, Frye and Curry are tough in the paint, with the addition of Sweetney, my low post game is tough...why is it an issue...oh wait....i know why.....4-1...i see, it's all good...i'm 4-4 in Madden and i hate the type of shit that goes on in there, but i accept the fact i'm 4-4...not becuase " the game " is flawed, it's becuase you need to play a near perfect game to win...same with NBA 2k7, play your game, stop hoisting threes like there was a 5 second shot clock and you might win, in ervery game i have had a big lead, it was brung down to single digits...so you guys must have done something right...whatever...i just wasted 5 minutes of my time...peace.

DCX

Top Bottom