• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
That's an interesting idea. It's quite a step to take away that control. I'd hope that we'd have a vote before trying that in season 2. I guess I wouldn't mind it, but it is going against one of 2K's biggest features.

It wont go against 2k's feature's of trading.. There's still alot of mediocre or almost superstar players who could be moved.. like Richard Jeff, Odom, Mo Pete, just to name a few...

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
Celtics are playing the Raptors in a preseason game tonight, and I've got tickets :D The 2K "raptors" might be 0-4 but hopefully the real ones fare better. Wish us luck.

Let me know how u think of Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes tonight...

Fifty

If that rule were ever to pass, I insist that we name it "The Fifty Sanction" in honor of my Isiah-like talent for making bad decisions regarding marquee players.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AkaBalla said:
Let me know how u think of Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes tonight...

I know green just balled all over my pistons. That sucked. I did comeout with the win though.

That's 3-1 now :)

But i mean as far as not letting some players trade, should we do it as in which players are more likely to actually be traded? Because players like D. Wade and L. James are saying no no on don't let them be traded, but hell they specificly have changed the way NBA contracts have been written. They have set theirs up to where if there is a good deal their asses are out. I know we aren't exactly doing money values like owers/players would but still they are willing to be traded if the deal is right. Well if we just sub people in for the dollar values :lol then they would be willing to trade anyway.

I'm not saying i'm personally for the trades because I don't see myself making a trade ever but I can stand being quite liberal on the subject.

vumpler

Truelize said:
So you learned how to shoot with your bigs I'm guessing?? What did you do differently?
The whole list is: I learned how to do true iso, learned how to work the post, learned how to hit midrange jumpers, and learned how to play Defense. In all actuallity I have now found that playing my own D (even though I get juked out of my shoes some times) works out to be much better than letting the computer do the D while I'm the big man down low. It's worked out great. Ask AKA but I think my D was pretty decent.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
vumpler said:
The whole list is: I learned how to do true iso, learned how to work the post, learned how to hit midrange jumpers, and learned how to play Defense. In all actuallity I have now found that playing my own D (even though I get juked out of my shoes some times) works out to be much better than letting the computer do the D while I'm the big man down low. It's worked out great. Ask AKA but I think my D was pretty decent.

And the game was more fun played this way? RIGHT? :)

I gotta defend my man Fifty as he is taking some unfair criticism. Sure he is making trades, but his team is shitty in real life anyway. If people are not interested with the trading, don't accept trades then like they have been doing. How fun would it be if we only allowed the role players to be traded? We arent real G.M.s or coaches, so if someone with the Lakers wants to trade Kobe to Cleveland for Lebron James so what?!?!? Can a brotha imitate Jerry West and pull together a trade offer and selling it to another owner without all the incessant complaints. Yeah the trade with V.C. is confirmed bullshit, but I dont think that the rest of the trades have been too far-fetched. All that being said I propose that we make the trade deadline sooner rather then later. Week 8 perhaps. I am also in favor of owners only being able to offer one trade per game week. That would force behind the scenes negotiation (like real life) before the trade is formally put on the table. I agree it does look a little bad when ten trade offers from one team is dominating the list we all see. Hopefully this issue will not continue to be such a wedge issue in the future!

vumpler

Outside of needing a true starting center I love my team. I've got everything set on my starting team and my 2nd team. There's just nothing I would give up to pickup a true starting center lol. So I guess I'm stuck with my team :)

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I guess I need to do my game w/ Denver tonight if the league advances tomorrow before I get back from work :|

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cavs are 2-2 now. MrJuan just murdered me from deep. He was hitting threes with Ridnour, Watson and Ray Ray. It was sick. And I still haven't figured out Bron and Hughes's releases so I stuggle from outside.

FMT: thanks for Beidrins man. His 85 rated shot blocking is crazy. He is everywhere.

Juan: You played awesome man, that was so much fun. Huge difference from our first nightmare game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
damn @ the log jam for 3rd place

I gotta break away from this crowd

ADVANCE PLZ

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ugh, i cant keep having these games be so close...

Balkman = MONSTA on D

Ive won 2 games by a combined 3 points :lol

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Ugh, i cant keep having these games be so close...

Balkman = MONSTA on D

Ive won 2 games by a combined 3 points :lol
Great game, man. I shouldn't have taken that shot so early, but it was wide open...damn you, Kidd!!!

bluemax

Banned
I need another shooter for my bench, baaaad. Preferably someone who plays SG, but I'll entertain offers for Boykins if they bring me back a 3pt shooting PG.

jobber

bluemax said:
I need another shooter for my bench, baaaad. Preferably someone who plays SG, but I'll entertain offers for Boykins if they bring me back a 3pt shooting PG.

gimme nene and i'll give you brent barry

DMczaf

Am I the only one thats had this bug where if you replace all 5 players sometimes the fatigue does a switch and the guys coming into the game end up with the fatigue of the players leaving? It just happened to me again vs Konex where I took my bench out early in the 4th, and my starters coming in were in their 60-70s while the guys going to the bench all of a sudden are in their 90s.

dm do this to fix it:

1. turn on xbox
2. take out Gameshark USB adaptor
3. Turn off system
4. Restart system

I would appreciate you doing that for our madden game too

AkaBalla

*BREAKING NEWS*

Celtics are having a fire sale that's going to end @ 4pm est time... Everyone is on the block besides Pierce............ Make some offers..... But they have to be even no lopsided ones...

If you need a nice PG in Delonte West, SF Wally or even a role player like Brian Scalabrini.. Make something happen.. So the folks in Beantown will be happy..

AkaBalla

I found this on the 2K board.

This post only applies to Xbox 360.

The Good
- The score reversal problem has been identified and only affects leagues with a flexible schedule (which is unfortunately most leagues). A fix is on its way to QA.

The Bad
- The fix for score reversals will not come at the end of this week nor early next, but it is coming. The official announcement will happen soon, I hope. If, in the meantime, you want your league switched to a fixed schedule (which will cause all games to be reset) send a request with the league name to customerservice@2ksports.com. After the fix is applied you can contact customer service again to have the league changed back to a flexible schedule (no games will be reset). The web site stat fixes are likely to be delayed a little longer as well. That stats are "around" they just aren't being parsed into the database for web viewing; this includes MLB 2K6.

The Ugly
- We don't have any idea what this "framerate issue" is. It has not been seen by anyone at VC. It isn't clear if the complaint is that the animations are not as smooth as offline (that's true, they're not) or if people are experiencing unplayable stutters in the game. What is clear is that this problem does not affect everyone which makes it more difficult to figure out. If someone could video tape their TV during the "framerate issue" and post a link to it that would help us better understand the problem.

This is BS. There is definitely an issue with some Xbox, HDTV setups. It is not lag.

An Aside
- If you run a HoF or Superstar league and people are having trouble making baskets try changing the following sliders (these are the settings used in the public lobbies). Bump up the far and clutch sliders if 15-20' shots continue to be too difficult. DO NOT do this if you have an active or pending draft. Changing league settings before a draft completes can mess up the draft (yes, that'll be fixed too). Wait for the draft to finish before changing league settings.

Shot Close 59
Shot Medium 61
Shot Far 62
Shot Free Throw 57
Shot Dunk 53
Shot Layup 57
Clutch Effectiveness 60
Collision Sensitivity 43
Fatigue Rate 56

Fifty

Cerrius said:
advance the week already, malleymal is nowhere to be found

Have you checked AIM? He's almost always on there, and since he's banned he can't check this thread. I see you listed an AIM name but I've never seen you on. Not much Malley can do.

jobber

bluemax said:
I don't trade Big for Small.

Any of my SG/SF not named Anthony or Smith are open however.

ok, make me an offer big/Nene (no Duncan) small (not Manu or TP)/weakest small

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Fifty said:
Have you checked AIM? He's almost always on there, and since he's banned he can't check this thread. I see you listed an AIM name but I've never seen you on. Not much Malley can do.

What's his AIM name, he has no contact info on the 2ksports site so there's not much I can do either.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malley has been on Aim,he just whopped me in a game of madden like two days ago.

bluemax

Banned
AkaBalla said:
Hey Bluemax i made u an offer.. Let me know.. Jr Smith is in the dealbut im shipping Wally as well..

I'll take a look. I'm hesitant to dump Smith because he's my only 3 point threat currently and has been one of my better scorers so far.

Edit: Um, ok I want to add a bench shooter, not swap my only two shooters off the bench. I really just want to swap a slashing SF in Ruben Patterson for a SG/SF who can hit a long range jumper.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Juan I play at 10 pm eastern time and anytime past that tonight.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
Cerrius, when will you be around for me to show you the true meaning of Walker's meaning to me?

I will be around 10 CT.

I'll be available until 11pm EST. Post a message here when you're ready to play.

Top Bottom