• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Seriously, **** Alston. Playing Matrix yesterday was hell for me.

"Here's T-mac...oh I'd better guard him tight."

"Oh it's Rafer shooting...I'll go for the rebound"

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Matrix said:
Dm's version of VC...

vince_carter2_vi.jpg

CB's....

333049.jpg

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bowrofl.gif

bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex what i would ask myself is: what are the odds those 2 are going to play by the deadline? I can't answer that but i would ask myself that question were i the commish. Not that i give a shit now as i couldn't play until the deadline passes anyways

For someone that doesn't want to run this league you sure have something to say on a daily basis on when we should advance and what we should be doing etc.... If you don't give a crap than simmer down man. :lol

* control freak? *

vumpler

Also what is our set rule about what we do when a week does need advanced a guys haven't played? Are we forcing it a tie, giving the person with the better record the win, or vice versa? I was just curious.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
vumpler said:
Also what is our set rule about what we do when a week does need advanced a guys haven't played? Are we forcing it a tie, giving the person with the better record the win, or vice versa? I was just curious.

Konex in the past would give the win to the person that appeared to make the biggest attempt to schedule their game here in the thread. If nothing has happened like that he just flips a coin.
In the admin stuff it gives the option to go back a week or two. I wonder if that would allow people to play their old games or if it would just delete all the games played after that time. It's too scary to actually try it.

vumpler

Truelize said:
Konex in the past would give the win to the person that appeared to make the biggest attempt to schedule their game here in the thread. If nothing has happened like that he just flips a coin.
In the admin stuff it gives the option to go back a week or two. I wonder if that would allow people to play their old games or if it would just delete all the games played after that time. It's too scary to actually try it.

not if he advances the week 2 weeks after this week and then backtracks a week. We could see what happens then.

Cloudy

Banned
No backtracking whatsoever. If you miss your game for any reason, the W goes to whoever tried the most or coin flip if you were both deadbeats...

Fifty

But if someone is out of town, shouldn't he have every right to play his game later? I mean it's not like we're talking about stats here, just a W..and the W should go to the deserving player. God forbid someone is busy for 48 hours.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:
But if someone like Malley is out of town on business, shouldn't he have every right to play his game later? I mean it's not like we're talking about stats here, just a W..and the W should go to the deserving player. God forbid someone is busy for 48 hours.

Hey, don't blame me for the majority who voted for 2 day intervals! There will be no backtracking and we'll look into the flex sked next season...

Fifty

Well I'm not talking about backtracking so they can play the game through the league properly, but can't you assign a win for previous weeks at any time? (they'd play the game and then tell you who won so you'd assign the winner) This wouldn't happen often of course, I just would like to know I'm not screwed if I have to leave town for work or something. I'm sorry for bringing this up if you can't.

Cloudy

Banned
That's a fair proposal but it's gonna be up to your opponent that week. If he agrees to put a forfeit W on the line, go for it...

AkaBalla

Keep the games tied and have them play in the league lobby. But there will be no stats of course.. just the W for make up games

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:
Bonzi Wells and Shareef Abdur-Rahim are on the block if anyone's interested...

BONZI BELONGS ON MY TEAM!

no fair :(

Fifty

Cold, I'll be able to play our game tonight starting at 9. Although 11ish would be better. I'll look for you on AIM.

If I lose, and fall to 0-4, I'm shopping for a new superstar player. Any of my players will be up for grabs.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
Bonzi Wells and Shareef Abdur-Rahim are on the block if anyone's interested...

Chris I would really like it if you could find away to give Matrix Wells for one of his bench players. He isn't supposed to be on your team anyways.
Is there anyone outta your top 8 players that are not on the 2k7 roster right now?? Or is your team pretty much set?

vumpler

lol cj and i just tried to get our game and got a network error every time. First we both had our routers plugged in, then he unplugged his and reset the router and xbox. Still dropped then I unhooked mine and reset the modem and xbox and still the network error lol. Whatever that's retarded.

Cloudy

Banned
lol cj and i just tried to get our game and got a network error every time. First we both had our routers plugged in, then he unplugged his and reset the router and xbox. Still dropped then I unhooked mine and reset the modem and xbox and still the network error lol. Whatever that's retarded.

Delete any online settings you saved. Although in my experience, it's a router problem. With both routers off, it's always worked on at most the 2nd try...

Cloudy

Banned
Thinking about it some more, I never had any router issues till I saved online settings. Everyone delete all 2k7 online settings as Aka says and see if we see less of this error...

Cloudy

Banned
The league is advancing @ 9 even if I have to do a coinflip for the last game. I'll be good to lose by 10/10:30 et :lol

hey chris if you can play our game tonight right after the last game of this week let me know. I'll be around tonight.

I still haven't gotten over that traumatic game, balla. I think that might have been the biggest collapse in gAF league history.

Fifty

All 10 games played. Good stuff. Man...DCX is tearing it up. 2-1 with the lowly Knicks. I feel guilty now bitching about the Phoenix Raptors if he's winning with them. He beat Balla's Celtic's by 20 last game!

What game are you talking about, pheeniks? You haven't played AKA in a league game. Are you talking about a custom game?

vumpler

WTF where is peja CJ? Did he get traded in the league or RL or retire or what? lol I have no idea but thats who i was expecting to dominate me this game but you have this abduel guy.

vumpler

Cloudy said:
Peja was traded to the Pacers last season and now he's with the Hornets..

Oh thats right I knew about that... Didn't hear about the hornets trade. Couldn't they be somewhat dangerous now?

Fifty said:
All 10 games played. Good stuff. Man...DCX is tearing it up. 2-1 with the lowly Knicks. I feel guilty now bitching about the Phoenix Raptors if he's winning with them. He beat Balla's Celtic's by 20 last game!

What game are you talking about, pheeniks? You haven't played AKA in a league game. Are you talking about a custom game?

Yeah, I was leading 26-7 after one quarter. He eventually took the lead back in the 3rd and in the 4th I couldn't hit my FT worth shit and none of my guys could hit anything...not even a dunk. pretty embarassing.

Basically I have no idea how to shoot fT...or regular shots for that matter.

AkaBalla

Vumpler can u play our league game? U dont have to worry about punting..... But if ur up alot of points with 1 min left no need to run up the score.. Just an FYI.. I'm not mad or anything... It's cool..:)

Fifty

pheeniks said:
Basically I have no idea how to shoot fT...or regular shots for that matter.

Practice mode. It's your friend. If you can't grasp the concept after 10 minutes of that, well..then you're really screwed.

Pheeniks, wanna play right now?

I'm sure we can work something out to get Bonzi Wells over to Matrix, I didn't know he wasn't with the Kings anymore.

Good game Vumpler, you were shooting lights out at some points and my rebounding was absolutely pathetic.

ChrisJames said:
Pheeniks, wanna play right now?

I'm sure we can work something out to get Bonzi Wells over to Matrix, I didn't know he wasn't with the Kings anymore.

Good game Vumpler, you were shooting lights out at some points and my rebounding was absolutely pathetic.

Yeah I'll meet you in the lobby

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
where are you french fries???

I need to dominate you before I pass out from lack of sleep

i was up all night practicing and fine tuning my skillz because 1 loss is unacceptable for me

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
ah ****, malley's on my schedule next.. this sucks, I wanted to play a real league game

is malley active or what, where is he

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks should never be allowed to touch the Heat again. God damn it, I would be dominating this league right now if I had the Diesel and Flash

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think in season 2 i'm taking another team for the hell of it IF I do not win the ring.

just for giggles, I'll let the winner pick which team I'll play as!

Cerrius said:
pheeniks should never be allowed to touch the Heat again. God damn it, I would be dominating this league right now if I had the Diesel and Flash

dude I'm a recovering NBA live owner i'm still getting used to the gists of this game, ESPECIALLY shooting.

and yes, these disconnects are really getting to me. Im sorry to my future opponents in advance for a possible disconnect, but I don't even think it is my internet. strangely, my other lines work while my 360 line doesn't. maybe 2k server? don't know

i was playing chris and I made a basket with Jwill and then I see "sending your VIP profile.." and I threw my controller at my bed

Top Bottom