• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

AkaBalla

DCX said:
So wait...i'm a cheeseball player?!?! Whatever...you killed me online all the previous games we played man, and the one time i beat you, it's the leauge game...all i did was hop step? nothing you can do about it?

How about use a shot blocker wait until the animation is done and throw it into the 8th row?!?! How about double down in the paint, half court trap, full court press...hot your own shots, i mean really, what's good for one, should be for the other....i play to the Knicks supposed strengths ( we know they suck in real life ) Francis, Marbury, Crawford, Q should hit shots, get into the paint, hit threes, Frye and Curry are tough in the paint, with the addition of Sweetney, my low post game is tough...why is it an issue...oh wait....i know why.....4-1...i see, it's all good...i'm 4-4 in Madden and i hate the type of shit that goes on in there, but i accept the fact i'm 4-4...not becuase " the game " is flawed, it's becuase you need to play a near perfect game to win...same with NBA 2k7, play your game, stop hoisting threes like there was a 5 second shot clock and you might win, in ervery game i have had a big lead, it was brung down to single digits...so you guys must have done something right...whatever...i just wasted 5 minutes of my time...peace.

DCX

Whoa Whoa Sorry DCX!!!! I shouldnt have made it seem like u were a cheeser.. Because your not close to one... But doing the same plays over and over is just boring to some of us. No1 in the NBA will keep on doing a spin hop step in the lane everytime.. Thats just the point...

Sorry to make you feel like you had to defend urself... Sorry about that..

Rorschach

Speaking of boring, I don't like when people just sit in the paint all game, build a big lead and then shoot a bunch of outside shots when they have a comfortable lead (so there's little risk in losing) just so they can make their shot chart and the score look good. When they do that, you know that they know what they are doing is wrong, but don't care.

AkaBalla

I have these league rules in another league i ran last year.. These seemed to keep the games quite fun and sim.

Settings
Can only adjust TWO player's settings in the matchup screen...whether it's tight or regular is your choice...the other 3 have to be left on auto.....

Double Teams: you can only adjust that setting on ONE PLAYER ONLY....and that is IN THE PAINT ONLY.......no "always doubles" are allowed in settings....all other doubles will have to be on the court manually...

Intentional Fouling
This has become a gray area on when it's considered sound strategy or a lame tactic, so these will be the standard rules that everyone has to follow:

If your opponent gets an offensive rebound, do not intentional foul EVERYTIME in order to avoid the easy put back.... 2-3 times is ok

Do not intentional foul on every fast break to prevent guys from getting down court....once or twice is okay, but please do not overdue it....more than 3 times a game would be considered overdoing it...

Late in the game if you are intentional fouling to stop the clock and force your opponent to make FTs, that is considered strategy because you are trying to cut into a deficit.....basically we want people to use their common sense about this....if anyone encounters a person violating it, alert a commissioner after the game....

Miscellaneous
Do not to pause the game when you're not in possession of the ball or during game action on the floor.....pausing during side outs and inbounds plays are acceptable.....pausing before FT attempts is also acceptable.....of course if you have to pause any other time because of an emergency, that will be understood.....

Cherry picking the inbounds play.....please refrain from doing this particular tactic....it is too easy to steal the inbounds while the player is right under the basket....if a guy is running his player upcourt to pass, then trying to intercept it is fine then.....but if the PG is standing right underneath the basket to receive the pass, do not stand there repeatedly and try to steal it.....again, use common sense here...

Zone Defense
If you're running a zone, use common sense.....if you choose to control a man off the ball, be sure to play within that man's designated zone area....meaning if you are controlling the PF, do not come out above the foul line area to continuously harass the guards and vice versa if you are controlling a guard.....playing on the ball defense is not required, but "roaming" on defense is frowned upon....

Inbounding The Ball
Do not inbound the ball past midcourt attempting to heave the ball down the court. The only time this should happen is at the end of the game. The ball should be inbounded on the near side of the court after a basket is made, not thrown over the mid court line.

Fast Breaks
Lets please refrain from doing nothing but getting a rebound and chucking it down court for the fast break. This is frowned upon and if your are caught doing it every time you get the ball you will be removed. Its one thing to get a steal and fast break thats fine but to get a rebound and have everyone start jetting down court is cheese.

Running Around Dunks
Do not just get the ball and run around and till you can layup or dunk all game. This is a league violation and goes against the points in paint rule. Which we can check on the 2k site after each game.

Trades
Trade deadline is after 18 games ......meaning once a team has played 18 games, no other trades are allowed

Sportsmanship
Try to refrain from running up the score on your opponent...if you have a big 4th quarter lead, try to use your bench and run clock.....no one enjoys being on the other end of a beating and also have to endure their opponent chasing stats.....on the other hand, if you are losing big, don't quit playing hard.....we all will get smoked at one time or another but it's important that everyone play hard until the final buzzer.....feeling frustrated when losing is normal, but when you give up and quit playing hard, you look bad and so does the entire league.....

Substitutions

Point Guard may play the Point or Shooting Guard, but not SF.

Shooting Guards may play any Guard position or Small Forward.

Small Forward may play positions 1 - 4, not the Center position.

Power Forward may play Small Forward or Center but may not play any Guard position.

Center may play Center or Power Forward

Points In The Paint

50 Points in the Paint, I repeat, 50 Points in the Paint for the game. This does not include second chance buckets. So subtract your second chance buckets from you PIP total to determine your "actual" Points in the Paint.

Example:

Team Stats say 46 points in the paint, and you have 16 second chance points. Your total for PIP is 30

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
I agree with FMT.. My game with DCX he did alot of Hop steps and there was nothing i could do about it. It also affected my game as well missing wide open shots.. I dunno. I think doing 5 the maximum Hop steps a game is quite enough. Heck i was playing a 2-3 zone and used my PG to sit in the paint and hit the charge button and he would just spin away from me.

I really think you could switch to your big man when he is coming into the lane and close in on him so he can't shoot and you are there to block.
Trying to play a game and count the number of hopsteps is not going to happen man.

I'll take a look at your rules and such, but we've already got a ton of rules. The only thing Konex or I could even suggest DCX to change is if he is scoring too many of his points in the paint. That's it. Heck Konex used to get blasted on here all the time for that.
I find it hard to really listen to a lot of the stuff that is being complained about when I know that players like Jobber and DM can adjust almost anything you try to do to them. Everything in this game can be stopped, it's just a matter of doing the right thing at the right time.

Chris James: league advances tomorrow at approx 6:30 est. I work 2-7 est. I've been hanging out all day (guessing you're having a good time after the Tigers game) waiting to get our game in. If you can play tomorrow before I head to work let me know. We can delay advancing the league a bit but I'm not holding everyone up all night for you. OK?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Tony Parker was in the top 3 last season of players scoring in the paint. (I think Duncan was like 5th) So far, I haven't caused major damage with Parker's inside scoring. So would it be sim if I crossed your PG up and layed the ball in 10+ times a game?!
Also, would it sim if I dump the ball to Duncan, you double team me, so I swing it to an open player and let him shoot a 3?
Cause we ARE playing a sim season right?????

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
Tony Parker was in the top 3 last season of players scoring in the paint. (I think Duncan was like 5th) So far, I haven't caused major damage with Parker's inside scoring. So would it be sim if I crossed your PG up and layed the ball in 10+ times a game?!
Also, would it sim if I dump the ball to Duncan, you double team me, so I swing it to an open player and let him shoot a 3?
Cause we ARE playing a sim season right?????

You do that to me. :lol. And pretty much everything else you want.

I can't shoot in this game!!!!! I just played Aka twice and didn't shoot over 37% in either game. This is nasty.

Speaking of boring, I don't like when people just sit in the paint all game, build a big lead and then shoot a bunch of outside shots when they have a comfortable lead (so there's little risk in losing) just so they can make their shot chart and the score look good. When they do that, you know that they know what they are doing is wrong, but don't care.

exactly

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am avaialable to play a game, let me know who I play.... I am 1-whatevfer because I have been out of town and the 2 day intervals suck

DCX

DCX
....ok, so what now? What exactly do you guys want me to do...i thought i played clean. For the record, i love how people complain after the fact, i'm always availible to chat after games, and no one, not a one, mentioned my play..FMT stated that the inside game in NBA 2k7 is bullshit, i agreed, he also had his players posting and taosting in the lane, he just wanted to use JRich to shoot him back in the game...so, what now? Do i limit my post play to 1-2 times a quarter? Limit my wide open threes with Marbury...limit my drives with Marbury and Crawford...i mean what will it turn into?

I mean really...when does it end....where i have to look at my rule list before i start a game. Now, Mr Phoenix Suns, now there is a player to watch, full court pressure, abuse from Bosh and Amare and lets not forget Nash and the billion threes his team throws up...i won by 3 points...DSal killed me the first game.

maybe it's just the fact that many people want to play the game of basketball they way thier real life heroes play in the NBA. Eddy Curry, yeah the man should be Shaq like...then again we wonder why not? He's agile, strong and has good hands and awareness around the basket, he SHOULD be one of the top centers in the east...but he isn't becuase of work ethic, maturity problems and conditopning...i'm sorry, no videogame ever will capture that. No game will take into account nagging injurries, jammed fingers, problems at home, in life etc...the videogame counterparts will always play like fresh rookies and play up to thier ratings and attributes. So a 77 rated player will play just as good as the next 77 regardless if it's Eddy Curry or Jason Collins. In real life, Eddy would murder him, in 2K, Collins has the same skill set, and ability to even outplay him....

So, i tell you, Truelize and Cloudy, how can you handcuff the mighty Knicks, and how may i serve the eveil empire. Let me know exactly what i can do and when i can do it so i can adjest and continue my 2K domminace...good day and goodbye

Copy and Pasted from the 2K boards

DCX

jobber

Malleymal said:
I am avaialable to play a game, let me know who I play.... I am 1-whatevfer because I have been out of town and the 2 day intervals suck

now?

DCX i equate it to the vumpler rule in madden. CAN he throw to chad johnson 10 times a game deep and get 500 yards? probably. WOULD that happen in real life? **** no, he's taking advantage of the AI.

it's the same thing with the knicks/inside game. i'm not saying all your inside game was dirty. i thought you had some awesome moves with curry and i've always thought curry was a decent center. but when you pass into whatever player, hit Y to spin, and my defense is helpless even with 3 guys down there what the ****? when you have 33 out of 41 points in the paint at one time, then you have to assume something is wrong. when you are shooting 65% at the half (and you aren't the suns!) you have to assume something is up.

again the way i was playing i dont usually play that way. i am more of a jump shooting team. but when you are down 20+ and the other dude is just driving into the lane or throwing it into the lane every time then i lose my desire to play sim ball. but this is conex's mess, not mine! :D

Truelize said:
Chris I really hope you can play at exactly 7:30 est today. Or we advance the league.

Shit, sorry everyone for holding up the league. I slept in a little too long after having a fun night, but I'll be ready at 7:30 to play some ball.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Give me a team FMT!

matrix you can have any of the 3 teams you want. only issue i have is they are all in west coast divisions. i didn't have a problem with the lag in our game (well i did, but it was playable) so if you were cool with it just let me know who you want and ill assign them to you. then you have a double chance to win it all!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Doh I forgot they were all west coast teams :( I'll have to think about it,our lag was ass.

jobber

jeez...after the Rasho trade, my team dropped to a 69 rating -_-

(but i still can win)

Oh yea,

If you're looking for a center, Rasho is up for trade again(rated 70)

I'm looking for a SF ooooooooor I can give you Manu, Bowen, Finley, or Brent plus Rasho for a good Center or SF.

Bowen is a beast despite what you think. He had 12 points at the half of the Jazz game.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
****....well, check the NFL thread for my plea then. If you guys start another NBA league, I'll be ready this time. :|

jobber

bishoptl said:
****....well, check the NFL thread for my plea then. If you guys start another NBA league, I'll be ready this time. :|

We should be done around the start of November at this rate.

Fifty

jobber said:
jeez...after the Rasho trade, my team dropped to a 69 rating -_-

If you're looking for a center, Rasho is up for trade again(rated 70)

:lol :lol :lol Another satisfied customer! :D

Fifty

Hey, I gave up Chris Bosh! Shawn's happy. Whoever (pays a high price for) wins the Shawn Marion sweepstakes will be very happy as well. Amazing shot blocker! Amazing rebounder. Can shoot jumpers, can dunk, can take 3's! great steals! I think I'm in love. And he could be yours for the low low price of a 90+ rated player.

Matrix

I'm 0-2 since I traded RYAN BOWEN to Fifty :(

WHAT THE HELL

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Hey, I gave up Chris Bosh! Shawn's happy. Whoever (pays a high price for) wins the Shawn Marion sweepstakes will be very happy as well. Amazing shot blocker! Amazing rebounder. Can shoot jumpers, can dunk, can take 3's! great steals! I think I'm in love. And he could be yours for the low low price of a 90+ rated player.
I'll give you your choice of Francis or Crawford and throw ins.

DCX

Matrix

Francis? :lol :lol

Fifty

Matrix said:
I'm 0-2 since I traded RYAN BOWEN to Fifty :(

WHAT THE HELL

He's a good luck charm! The league's best player-mascot/cheerleader!

ryan_bowen.jpg

Bowen 747!

And no, DCX, I'm not trading with you. I wouldn't trade Diaw for Francis.

Matrix

I miss the douche.

Fifty

Custom games (in the league lobby) on superstar are a joke. I thought superstar would be better than HOF because more shots would go in, but Matrix and I just went 2/45 from 3 point land. Sure we took more than usual, but we did so partially to test out how ridiculous it was. 80% of our shots were wide open 3's. I wish to hell that custom games in the league lobby would default to the league sliders.

Matrix

That was not fun :(

Matrix

That game just sucked ass,its like the game decided Fifty and I couldnt hit shots.

Ive had games with with you,Konex and hell even Fifty where I have hit 3's with no issue on the custom settings.

Fifty

Alston usually kills me too. I don't get it. DM, what settings does he usually get you on? I went to the league lobby, 7 minutes, superstar difficulty. It was bizarre. Shots 1 foot inside the 3 point line would go in easily, but it was like anything behind the 3 line was cursed. 2/45 is certainly a large enough sample size. Ridiculous

Matrix

God was just off,he wont do that again Fifty.

Top Bottom