• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Oh my mercy me. I found a taker for Marion. This could screw up my team, or it could be the final piece I needed. Marion could do everything for my team. We'll see what Artest can do.

There are reports of a bat-like creature sneaking into Artest's luggage on the way to Toronto

I can't believe he approved that trade but like you said I'm not your assistant GM so I approved it. :)

pheeniks said:
This just in: Dwyane Wade guarantees a victory over the Pistons in the next week! The losing will stop!

I'm guessing this prediction holds as much weight as if it came outta Rasheeds mouth.

I'm guessing this prediction holds as much weight as if it came outta Rasheeds mouth.[/QUOTE]

:lol

I'm still bitter about my earlier lost to the Raps.

Balla, I may be on to play later tonight, but can't now..

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Shawnwhann said:
Nope not kidding it was a strategy that worked flawlessly. Your ability to cope with it will determine just how much of it you will see!! :D

what the ****, this is legal?

i thought we were playing SIM.

I can fullcourt press the whole game too but I've been holding back on a lot of things for the sake of playing "SIM".

can someone clear up this issue

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
You full court press the entire game (most of the game, whatever)?? Tell me you are kidding.

*and not every comment is a complaint to stop something. Just curious as to what to expect*
Yup, full court, all the time...be prepared...

DCX

Cerrius said:

I can fullcourt press the whole game too but I've been holding back on a lot of things for the sake of playing "SIM".

Yeah...I would think that if you full court press the whole game, your guys should definitely fatigue at a faster rate. I don't know, but I would think that if I full court press somebody, that would end up hurting me, not them.

Either way, I've never seen it in real life, so I don't believe it's true sim. But I'm not complaining or trying to get rid of it. Dwade will BURN YOU

DCX

DCX
Cerrius said:

This is less illegal than hopstepping me thinks...

DCX

Rorschach

Cerrius said:
orly.jpeg

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
Yeah...I would think that if you full court press the whole game, your guys should definitely fatigue at a faster rate. I don't know, but I would think that if I full court press somebody, that would end up hurting me, not them.

Either way, I've never seen it in real life, so I don't believe it's true sim. But I'm not complaining or trying to get rid of it. Dwade will BURN YOU

I just think it's ridiculous that people will complain to high hell because of hopstepping yet take being fullcourt pressed the whole game with a smile on their face.

DCX

DCX
Cerrius said:
I just think it's ridiculous that people will complain to high hell because of hopstepping yet take being fullcourt pressed the whole game with a smile on their face.
My name is DCX , and i endorse this message ;) Anywho, ChrisJames? Are you ready anytime tonight for our game?

DCX

Zep

Banned
If I got full court pressed all game I would go down the lane all day... His loss for gambling and i would have 50+ points in the paint.

DCX

DCX
DaddyZ said:
If I got full court pressed all game I would go down the lane all day... His loss for gambling and i would have 50+ points in the paint.

Careful ;) Yeah, quick passes will get you 3-2s all the time, the problem is the turbo/jetpack stealing, with long athletic players, you can turn the ball over quick which would lead to easy buckets on thier end.

DCX

Cerrius Whinner said:

Oh seriously, STFU!!!

Like I mentioned in my post, your ability to deal with it will determine how much of it you will get. I have played people that know exactly what you do and get easy scores, and others (potentially you) who cant deal with the pressure. DCX did a decent job dealing with it and he stole a game at the end, so don't come on here and try to assert that it is cheese. I don't run the press all game but I will for extended periods of time when I feel like a change of pace. You can full court press me all you want dude, my team is full of gazelles ready for easy layups and open 3's. Congradulations, I will be extra focused on creaming you when the Wolves come to town!! :D

strikeselect

Shawnwhann said:
Oh seriously, STFU!!!

Like I mentioned in my post, your ability to deal with it will determine how much of it you will get. I have played people that know exactly what you do and get easy scores, and others (potentially you) who cant deal with the pressure. DCX did a decent job dealing with it and he stole a game at the end, so don't come on here and try to assert that it is cheese.

I love how you establish a fake sense of superiority by assuming I don't know how to go up against a full-court press defense. It's ok, I'll crush you if you try that cheese shit on me. :)

It doesn't matter if the opponent knows how to go up against it or NOT. The fact of the matter is we are playing in a SIM league. Last time I checked, teams in the real NBA don't play full court press the whole f'n GAME.

Cerrius Whiner said:
I love how you establish a fake sense of superiority by assuming I don't know how to go up against a full-court press defense. It's ok, I'll crush you if you try that CHEESE shit on me.

It doesn't matter if the opponent knows how to go up against it or NOT. The fact of the matter is we are playing in a SIM league. Last time I checked, teams in the real NBA don't play full court press the whole f'n GAME.

Trust me son, it aint fake. I am positive that I am better than you, there is no way Garnett will roast me for 32-33 points like you have been on others. You gotta be more rounded than that. Dont try and tell me about SIM!!Your claims about keeping it SIM would be alot more valid if you werent feverishly trying to bring the Miami Heat to Minnesota and trying to sour potential deals I was working with. Or does keepin it SIM only apply to in-game? I cant wait to see how you spin your loss after all this shit you are talking.

And for the last time, I dont run full court all game!! It is all arbitrary in terms of quantifying how much I run, but I would say 60-65 percent of the game. I have to make up for my inherrent weaknesses on D with getting pressure from the speed on my team. It would be diffferent if I was incessantly lunging at steals from inbound passes, but the pressure starts at the inbound pass.

Psst....this guy.... :lol

strikeselect

Shawnwhann said:
Trust me son, it aint fake. I am positive that I am better than you, there is no way Garnett will roast me for 32-33 points like you have been on others. You gotta be more rounded than that. Dont try and tell me about SIM!!Your claims about keeping it SIM would be alot more valid if you werent feverishly trying to bring the Miami Heat to Minnesota and trying to sour potential deals I was working with. Or does keepin it SIM only apply to in-game? I cant wait to see how you spin your loss after all this shit you are talking.

And for the last time, I dont run full court all game!! It is all arbitrary in terms of quantifying how much I run, but I would say 60-65 percent of the game. I have to make up for my inherrent weaknesses on D with getting pressure from the speed on my team. It would be diffferent if I was incessantly lunging at steals from inbound passes, but the pressure starts at the inbound pass.

Psst....this guy.... :lol

You think you real cute with your little Nas avatar.

I look forward to Garnett dropping 25+ on you. That much I can guarantee. You mad that I'm pointing out your wack ass deals?

And you say you don't run full court all game? Then what the hell is this...

Truelize said:
You full court press the entire game (most of the game, whatever)?? Tell me you are kidding.

Your response:

Shawnwhann said:
Nope not kidding it was a strategy that worked flawlessly. Your ability to cope with it will determine just how much of it you will see!! (smiley face)

I look forward to our game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You think you real cute with your little Nas avatar.

Quote of the year:lol :lol :lol :lol

Not taking sides here, but WTF does his avatar have to do with ANYTHING?

strikeselect

ColdBlooded33 said:
Quote of the year:lol :lol :lol :lol

Don't know, while reading his message, I couldn't help but imagine his Nas avatar talking so I felt I had to include a mention somewhere in there :)

I agreed to True's comment but on the "most of game" part. From reading that and my posts surely you would realize that was obviously what I was agreeing with.

You were cockblocking because you were trying to deal with the same owner. I can only imagine what it must be like as your friend in the club when dude is trying to seal his booty for the night. "Hey Jimmy, is your girlfriend coming with us to the aquarium tomorrow right?!?" :lol

Cold Blooded said:

:lol That's easy CB, Cerrius ran out of things to say so he goes at the fly avatar...

Like I said...

This guy.... :lol

Ro-something said:
Both of those guys cheesed me in similar ways. I don't know why they're arguing.

:lol :lol I sincerely hope you been practicing for the next game bro!! The manual is a really great tool for learning the game!!

strikeselect

I'm glad I was able to provide the QOTY but this dude (shawn) has a wake up call coming when he faces KG and LO.

(pheeniks, did your internet go down again?)

uh Cerrius what happened?

I swear it's not my internet. I have two lines, laptop and xbox, and my xbox is the one that fails me. anyways I'm going back

Cerrius said:
I'm glad I was able to provide the QOTY but this dude has a wake up call coming when he faces KG and LO.

You provided the QOTY for all the wrong reasons. Keep the classic quotes coming Shakespeare!! :D

strikeselect

Shawnwhann said:
You provided the QOTY for all the wrong reasons. Keep the classic quotes coming Shakespeare!! :D

Why do you use an emoticon in every message?

(pheeniks, challenge me)

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
That was a fast break in which you full courted me

lies, how could I have full courted when KG was right under the basket and you dunked over him? :lol

nooo, telfair turned the ball over!

Cerrius said:
lies, how could I have full courted when KG was right under the basket and you dunked over him? :lol

nooo, telfair turned the ball over!

I think you're talking about wade, that was wade who got in there

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
:lol :lol I sincerely hope you been practicing for the next game bro!! The manual is a really great tool for learning the game!!
Luckily, I only play you once more. I'll sit that game out. You can have the win. It's better than playing with you especially since the game drags like crazy the way you play.

Fifty

Sorry to break up your exhibition game rehash, but I'm just chiming in to let you know Konex's advancing the league tonight. After DCX's game is over.

strikeselect

ColdBlooded33 said:
Check, Please. :lol

Oh Wait, my 360 already handed me my check with 3 red lights :(

Damn!

no game then? that sucks, hope you get your 360 fixed soon man

ms customer service is a bitch, I know from experience :-(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cerrius said:
no game then? that sucks, hope you get your 360 fixed soon man