• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Wow, sorry again Cerrius. 2kserver/Internet FTL...I need to figure out what exactly is going on, because I'm almost certain it is NOT my internet. I also deleted my online option stuff....

Luckily, I only play you once more. I'll sit that game out. You can have the win. It's better than playing with you especially since the game drags like crazy the way you play.

I hear ya, games are always longer when you are being throughly dominated all game... But I digress.

Ramirez

Yo DM I can play ya in a bit,I'm subbing for CB :p Hop on AIM and Ill tell ya when Im ready.

edit: well scratch that for a second,Im not sure if I can play tonight,Ill be back in a bit.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:
Trust me son, it aint fake. I am positive that I am better than you, there is no way Garnett will roast me for 32-33 points like you have been on others. You gotta be more rounded than that. Dont try and tell me about SIM!!Your claims about keeping it SIM would be alot more valid if you werent feverishly trying to bring the Miami Heat to Minnesota and trying to sour potential deals I was working with. Or does keepin it SIM only apply to in-game? I cant wait to see how you spin your loss after all this shit you are talking.

And for the last time, I dont run full court all game!! It is all arbitrary in terms of quantifying how much I run, but I would say 60-65 percent of the game. I have to make up for my inherrent weaknesses on D with getting pressure from the speed on my team. It would be diffferent if I was incessantly lunging at steals from inbound passes, but the pressure starts at the inbound pass.

Psst....this guy.... :lol

Wow. I'm having memories of our NCAA league.

Alright here comes the new rule. You might hate it Shawn but oh well. I will explain why though.

You are not allowed to use Full Court Pressure unless you are down by more than 10 points in the first half period. Once you are back within 5 points you switch back to a half court defensive set. *you can do whatever you want to pressure the ball manually, provided you are not swiping at the inbounds pass like a madman*
In the second half the same rule applys but you are allowed to continue to use Full Court Pressure until you are tied or have taken the lead. Once you have the lead it comes off.
In the last two minutes of a game, everything goes.

We shouldn't even be having to make this rule. Anyone that has been playing this or Live online has been up against all different kinds of cheese and this has always been an unwritten rule. There is not an NBA team in the league that would be able to survive while running FCP all game. Fatigue would set in so fast. But by using this defensive set you have a huge advantage because the offensive AI does not know how to get into position to break the press. As well the offensive players do not make any attempt to move any quicker at all.
We also don't want to encourage half court and full court passes and running a FCP definately encourages that.

If the game had some kinda press break AI in it, I wouldn't have such an issue with it. But it doesn't. And playing SIM means doing our best to play a somewhat realistic style of basketball.

I hope this clears some things up and it makes for more enjoyable games. I really, really don't like seeing players already saying they don't want to play someone in their league game and Konex and I will do everything we can so everyone is enjoying themselves.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
how can you replace him? i thought that feature was screwed up by 2k? or did they fix it...

You can bump someone in league play. So Ram is here for now and then we'll bump him and add Cold back when he gets his new 360.

Can you play tonight? I'm just gonna play mmemalayadayu (the Dolphins) in Madden and then I could play right after.

Fifty

3 in a row for the new look Raptors. None of my starting 5 are real life Raptors :lol Artest is a beast on D. He gets the Foyle Seal of Approval.

I owe this all to Ryan Bowen. Ever since he joined my bench I haven't lost. He's keeping me sane, entertaining the entire team with stories of Yao and T Mac.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
3 in a row for the new look Raptors. None of my starting 5 are real life Raptors :lol Artest is a beast on D. He gets the Foyle Seal of Approval.

I owe this all to Ryan Bowen. Ever since he joined my bench I haven't lost. He's keeping me sane, entertaining the entire team with stories of Yao and T Mac.

you've got me next buddy.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh I just lost to FMT. :(

I am really having a hard time with everyone having their own release. And we had quite a bit of lag too so that didn't help. I couldn't hit a thing.

FMT maybe it's you that lags cause the 3rd and 4th quarters were rough. Did you see it too?

didn't notice any change in the game lag wise, maybe it was lagging all game but it didn't affect me cause i think that was my best shooting game (% wise) i've had all year :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
didn't notice any change in the game lag wise, maybe it was lagging all game but it didn't affect me cause i think that was my best shooting game (% wise) i've had all year :lol

In the third quarter it actually stopped moving for me once. Everyone just stood there and shook while the audio kept going. You didn't see that at all?
Dang it you used "stand-by" on me. :p

I shot 35%. And I had a ton of turnovers cause the ball would pause while I was passing it and it kept getting stuck in the air a bit. It looked really wierd.

And I saw Patrick Bryant go through the backboard with one of his shots. It was like we were playing NBA Live.

In the third quarter it actually stopped moving for me once. Everyone just stood there and shook while the audio kept going. You didn't see that at all?
Dang it you used "stand-by" on me. :p

I shot 35%. And I had a ton of turnovers cause the ball would pause while I was passing it and it kept getting stuck in the air a bit. It looked really wierd.

And I saw Patrick Bryant go through the backboard with one of his shots. It was like we were playing NBA Live.

the only time i really saw lag was about 5 seconds in the 3rd quarter where the game slowed to a crawl. aside from that i didn't notice

:lol @ the obryant bucket. whatever he gots to do!

Anybody want a game? I need some practice with my new players (read: Marion), I'll be up for another hour probably.

DSal, when do you want to play our game? I'll be available most of tomorrow.

True said:
Wow. I'm having memories of our NCAA league.

Alright here comes the new rule. You might hate it Shawn but oh well. I will explain why though.

You are not allowed to use Full Court Pressure unless you are down by more than 10 points in the first half period. Once you are back within 5 points you switch back to a half court defensive set. *you can do whatever you want to pressure the ball manually, provided you are not swiping at the inbounds pass like a madman*
In the second half the same rule applys but you are allowed to continue to use Full Court Pressure until you are tied or have taken the lead. Once you have the lead it comes off.
In the last two minutes of a game, everything goes.

We shouldn't even be having to make this rule. Anyone that has been playing this or Live online has been up against all different kinds of cheese and this has always been an unwritten rule. There is not an NBA team in the league that would be able to survive while running FCP all game. Fatigue would set in so fast. But by using this defensive set you have a huge advantage because the offensive AI does not know how to get into position to break the press. As well the offensive players do not make any attempt to move any quicker at all.
We also don't want to encourage half court and full court passes and running a FCP definately encourages that.

If the game had some kinda press break AI in it, I wouldn't have such an issue with it. But it doesn't. And playing SIM means doing our best to play a somewhat realistic style of basketball.

I hope this clears some things up and it makes for more enjoyable games. I really, really don't like seeing players already saying they don't want to play someone in their league game and Konex and I will do everything we can so everyone is enjoying themselves.

Nice move there gathering information under false pretenses to facilitate creating a new rule!! I'll just not use it all at instead of reading that verbose rule that I am certain discourages any use of the full court press at all. While we are at it lets ban half court traps and double teams!! That way Kobe can go for 81 because after all that would be sim,but again..I digress...

As far as comparing this league to NCAA, feel free!! I'm sorry you dont care for my brand of sarcasm and posturing, and obviously there is a personality conflict here. Even you would have to admit that I've been good on with chillin' on the trash talk, but once again I was baited by a dude that was seriously being a hypocrite. As far as I'm concerned, this is a dead issue now. If you want to extend this discussion True, lets do so privately via PM's or AIM. I'm out!!

And just for you Cerrius! :D

Fifty

In honor of my lack of sleep and recent Ron Artest trade, I bring you...a review of his latest CD.

http://slamonline.com/online/2006/09/music-review-ron-artests-my-world/

myworld1.jpg

The first song on the album after the opening skit is called “Haters.” Here are some quotables from that song:

“I admit I used to smoke before games.”

“Hit the liquor store at halftime.”

“David Stern! Damn, David Stern. I gotta teach you bout the ghetto there’s some things you should learn.”

“Matt Lauer, up on NBC. You look like a girl don’t talk to me.”

Admit it, you want this guy on your team!

It drops on the 31st. I expect you'll all pick it up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Matrix: name a time :)

Tomorrow, I'm pretty flexible most of the day until MNF and all night after MNF.

I can play around 6 pm eastern time or I can play anytime after MNF,its up to you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gonna be around all day guys if anyone is available for a scrimmage. I need a lot more practice cause I'm having a lot of troubles with my offense.

Hit me on AIM. I'm running around the house so if I miss it I'll see it soon enough.

Hey True, you up for a scrim? I am!

And let's hope that my internet doesn't **** up again

And who's Pistons? Let me know when you're around...

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
ChrisJames said:
DSal, when do you want to play our game? I'll be available most of tomorrow.

I'll be home around 7pm PST, so just give me a message any time after then.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Who can play right now?

I just lost a heartbreaker to Aka in overtime.

You guys should have seen the shot animations the game was choosing for me with Bron in the overtime session. He was doing freakin 360 layups and all kinds of crap. Never hit a single one.
I am horrible with him. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks for making me sad Jobber.

Matrix

Yea :(

Rors I can actually play now if you want to.

Matrix

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Juan, post in this thread or hit me up on AIM when you're ready to play.

let's get this done tonight please

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow!!!

Playing random people online with this game is baffling. It's horrible. Everyone plays the same way too.
I just had a guy get over 90% of his points in the paint on me. I don't recall him shooting with anyone other than Kobe or Odom the entire game.
And the whole hitting the steal button as soon as you see a pass animation is really starting to bug me. Jobber does it incredibly well, Aka started doing it well.
Am I gonna have to learn how to do that to compete now?

Matrix

I issued sort of a complaint on the 2k league site.

I cant be the only one who's jumpers/3's wont fall now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I issued sort of a complaint on the 2k league site.

I cant be the only one who's jumpers/3's wont fall now.

Not just you. I've been horrible lately. I feel better that you are too. Makes me feel like I suck less.

Matrix

true im in the league lobby if you still want to play.

Matrix

Yea :p

Ok,lets see if i can hit a jumper.

Matrix

Yea I still cant hit a 3 or jump shot now.

Just when I thought this game was great,it goes all to poop.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gg man.

Were you checking points in the paint there at the end or %? Cause I had quite a bit of second chance points and breakaway points too.
I sure missed a lot in the second half, it's like I don't do well shooting for a whole game. Well not with certain players though.
But I seem to be playing better by not cranking defensive pressure all the way up and stuff like that. I just adjust it a little bit from the default and the Cavs seem to play better that way.

That was a fun game though. Ming is huge. Did you see me try to take it to him with Wesley? :lol

Matrix: you seem to shoot a lot in transition though, which will always hurt percentages. In the first half you passing around and looking for shots, but once you got down you started shooting pretty much as soon as you were down in the offensive end.

Top Bottom