• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nah I was checking 3 pt shots,I went a lovely 0/14.

Ming might be huge but the dude misses point blank layups and his D and rebounding suck compared to Deke.

True thats not how I play in league play,I was just testing jump shooting and 3's.I pass the ball more around in league games and still cant hit shit now.

Hey Malleymal, this may be a futile attempt because I think I read you are out of town. If you are available tonight, lets try and play out game because live is down tomorrow. If so, what time would work for you the best?!?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

Ming might be huge but the dude misses point blank layups and his D and rebounding suck compared to Deke.

True thats not how I play in league play,I was just testing jump shooting and 3's.I pass the ball more around in league games and still cant hit shit now.

Ok, wasn't sure. We hadn't played yet this year. But I know I was getting a lot of fastbreaks cause of those quick shots.

I wish I could play like that in games. :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:

use the shot stick.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why should I have to start using that when I was hitting shots before using the regular button.

I find it f-ing bizzare.

VC did something,god damn stealth patch or something :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Why should I have to start using that when I was hitting shots before using the regular button.

I find it f-ing bizzare.

VC did something,god damn stealth patch or something :p

Maybe it's payback for all the voodoo. :D

Matrix

Well I can still win in league games cause the settings are a little bit better than the shitty custom ones.

Winning in the league feels better :D

jobber

Truelize said:
No clue how you do that for all of your shots. Do you find it gives you more grace? Room for error?

And do you just pull it straight down?

in the 3rd quarter vs. you, it's all i used

it's a better chance of getting a perfect shot off with the stick than the button.

you've also got to remember, with online play, you have to let go of the button slightly earlier

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
in the 3rd quarter vs. you, it's all i used

it's a better chance of getting a perfect shot off with the stick than the button.

you've also got to remember, with online play, you have to let go of the button slightly earlier

But do you pull the stick down for normal jump shots? Or are you pulling it away from the hoop? Cause that changes everything depending on the camera angle used.

jobber

Truelize said:
But do you pull the stick down for normal jump shots? Or are you pulling it away from the hoop? Cause that changes everything depending on the camera angle used.

I pull it down. Down should be normal jumpshots unless your back is to the basket. Back is the fadeaway.

Fifty

Matrix said:
Yea I still cant hit a 3 or jump shot now.

Just when I thought this game was great,it goes all to poop.

My games recently, against Matrix in custom games via the league lobby have been ridiculously bad because we haven't been able to hit open shots. I'm not talking about our skill, I'm talking about an invisible wall keeping the shots from going in.

This hasn't really bothered me because the league games have always been realistic, but I'm sorry to hear that your game with Rors had that kind of low % shooting.

At times it feels like the game is bi-polar. The league games (for me) have always been great though, and it really annoys me that we can't play with those setting in the league lobby.

Matrix

A trade is going down!

stay tuned.

Ramirez

What logical reason is there to trade Vince Carter away?I can't think of one...anyways,me and DM tried to play but it dropped us in the 2nd qtr,hooray...

Matrix

jobber said:
I'll give you Manu + Finley for T Crack

Jobber sniffing glue.

jobber

I have like one of the worst rated teams now and I still win. You guy with 80+ rated teams should hang your heads in shame!

jobber

pheeniks said:
Quiet! I wait for our match!

I don't even know what team you are let alone sweating to beat you. It's only 2 teams left I wanna beat. Bulls and Lakers. Despite my record, I beat Malley by 20 before the magic drop happened and I had DM on the ropes until the CPU made retarded subs. The CPU will never sub for me again!!!!!!!

jobber said:
I don't even know what team you are let alone sweating to beat you. It's only 2 teams left I wanna beat. Bulls and Lakers. Despite my record, I beat Malley by 20 before the magic drop happened and I had DM on the ropes until the CPU made retarded subs. The CPU will never sub for me again!!!!!!!

We'll see about that.

Fifty

Wow, huge win by Sacramento. What went wrong for the mighty Mavericks? I'm guessing you're getting used to Marion, Chris? Win-win trade!

Fifty said:
Wow, huge win by Sacramento. What went wrong for the mighty Mavericks? I'm guessing you're getting used to Marion, Chris? Win-win trade!

Yeah, it all clicked tonight for my team. I'm really liking Marion now, he's giving my team a lift just by having him on the floor. Also, Rondo stepped up tonight and had a nice game after coming in to help replace Bibby. The Mavericks didn't play poorly, but I was somehow able to outrebound the Mav's by 19 and shut down Nowitzki. Basically, I went in to the game knowing that I had to win at all costs if I want any shot at making the playoffs and it paid off.

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
I have like one of the worst rated teams now and I still win. You guy with 80+ rated teams should hang your heads in shame!
They really should, i have the Knicks at 6-1!!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Sometimes it's the coach...but most of the times it's the player...my two cents of the day :p I mean FMT has the ****ing 49ers at 7-1!!! I mean come on!

DCX

Matrix

Fmt is the lag master :p...

and Dm now owns his gameshark.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Fmt is the lag master :p...

and Dm now owns his gameshark.
I have something for DM...and FMT has his coming too...especially since he is pissed and all riled up because of " the hop"

DCX

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Fifty said:

I missed lots of shots and got out rebounded by double again for the 2nd straight game. Sac-to played very sim and spread the ball around a lot which was pretty fun to play against.

I think that was my third game in four days. It's hard to get as psyched for playing when you have to play almost every day.

Hey...so I've got a question. If I use a router, will I not be able to play online? Or is it a 50/50? Just curious, I'm in dire need of a router..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
"Its not a glitch,its a gameplay feature!"

That is Jobber's motto.

I really can't see how knowing the passing animations and then hitting the steal button repeated it's minor cheese though. I can't make the passing animations change, so I'm completely open to getting turnovers. Especially seeing as if you put your SG and SF defensive setting on tight then they are always closely defended.
Maybe I can turn the steal slider down.

Is anyone else finding that they are getting too many easy passes tipped away and stolen??

Fifty

Truelize said:
Is anyone else finding that they are getting too many easy passes tipped away and stolen??

No. Only cross court/deep upcourt passes get tipped frequently. Everything else is super realistic.

Also:
I just traded for Ron Artest, so let's keep steals as is. If anything tell Jobber to play differently!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I will be home sometime friday night..... and will smash whoever's head in.... Ask Jobber he knows....

edit

Keep all of your trades.... I dont want anyone else on my team that doesnt belong... I need no more minorities... thanks

Top Bottom