• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

GG Pheeniks until you started cheesing in thr fourth in a desperate attempt to make the score respectable. I dont care how much you are down, you dont try to steal from the inbounds pass while playing a full court press. That was straight garbage dude!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Now that game was a bunch of shit and im not talking about DCX's game.

I went to the line two times the whole damn game and he went to the line 29 f-ing times.

I block a jumpshot and it still goes in for him :lol

Dont even get me started on the fact players can hardly hit jumpshots anymore and you have to pray to god to hit a 3.

I dont know wtf VC did but this game is starting to suck ass.

The game against Rors sucked and this one did too and it has nohting to do with winning and losing.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Now that game was a bunch of shit and im not talking about DCX's game.

I went to the line two times the whole damn game and he went to the line 29 f-ing times.

I block a jumpshot and it still goes in for him :lol

Dont even get me started on the fact players can hardly hit jumpshots anymore and you have to pray to god to hit a 3.

I dont know wtf VC did but this game is starting to suck ass.

The game against Rors sucked and this one did too and it has nohting to do with winning and losing.
Yeah, 29 free throws is crazy, but yet you blocked a ton of shots, maybe you had defensive pressure to high, i don't know...i noticed players going into settings, matchups and changing this and that...and i chuckle becuase i do nothing but play...sometimes i wonder what you guys are even doing behind that screen :)

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm changing players and running low post plays and pick and rolls.

I usually just play man D.

I didnt change any pressure stuff,it wouldnt let me guard you.

HERE THAT TRUE,THE GAME WONT LET ME PLAY MANUAL D!

Fifty

That game took so much out of me. I played the hardest I've ever played...I was out-rebounded 44-27(!!) The game went to OT and I had a chance to win it. Jesus what a game. I'm so pissed that I lost, but I'll be a man and admit it was the best game I've been in this seaason. My team stinks so much at boards, especially offensive ones, yet I'm still in it. If I wasn't outrebounded that badly...ugh. I had 2 bricked dunks and a bricked layup in the last 2 minutes of the game. That hurts. I'll bitch about that.

GG jobber. no cheese to report. I lost painfully, but fair.

DCX

DCX
Maybe i should take a look at those type settings, it might come in handy later on in the playoffs

DCX

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
That game took so much out of me. I played the hardest I've ever played...I was out-rebounded 44-27(!!) The game went to OT and I had a chance to win it. Jesus what a game. I'm so pissed that I lost, but I'll be a man and admit it was the best game I've been in this seaason. My team stinks so much at boards, especially offensive ones, yet I'm still in it. If I wasn't outrebounded that badly...ugh. I had 2 bricked dunks and a bricked layup in the last 2 minutes of the game. That hurts. I'll bitch about that.

GG jobber. no cheese to report. I lost painfully, but fair.

come here you big lug and give me a hug
sanantonio.jpg

jobber

Fifty said:
Kiss my ass

:(

I was actually happy that you pushed me to the limit. I was expecting to take it easy and you didn't back down. I respect you Raptor fan.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
My game turned into garbage my last 4 games. Missing lots of open jumpers. Wonder if my timing's off all of sudden or something.

Fifty

Thanks. I gave 100% every possession, I just dropped the ball at the end. I wish I had video of the last 2 minutes or so. It's all a blur now :lol Bibby and Artest>>>Marion and Parker. That trade was the best thing I could have done.

just beat the mavs. great game by dsal. i told him if his team had actually hit a couple shots in the first half he would've blown me out. i had a 20 point lead at halftime i believe. i had a 14 point headed into the 4th quarter and then proceeded to shoot 2/18 in the 4th :lol dsal tied the game up at 53 and had the ball with a chance to go up, but it was not to be. i think what cost him most was his FT shooting cause even when he wasn't hitting shots he was getting to the line, but he couldn't make his FT's.

3-5 fellas! i'm working my way back into the playoff hunt!

p.s. TJ ford mvp!

Matrix

Dsal said:
My game turned into garbage my last 4 games. Missing lots of open jumpers. Wonder if my timing's off all of sudden or something.

Its the game,not your timing.

Fifty

The game isn't fundamentally broken, although I've seen it myself, it can go oddly cold at times. Ever since our 2 awful games (matrix) about a week or so ago, everything's been fine for me. I know our custom games have been great (realism-wise). It's hard to explain sometimes.

2K needs to fix their site! Hopefully when this login error shit ends, the stats will work again. We can hope! So odd how the previously flawless league system is in the gutter this year.

Foyle had another 4-5 blocks or so. I could have comforted myself with his poetic presence at the top of the league leaderboard.

DCX

DCX
Matrix, you hit jumpers...TMAC, Cook, Yao and Alston all hit from the outside...i couldn't buy a jumper...i think maybe Crawford was the only one hitting jumpers, Jeffries had a wide open 12 footer and bricked it bad...

DCX

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I wish there was a way to practice with the different timing online seems to need, especially FTs. I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it seems like sometimes the release point online for FTs is wayyyyy before the offline release point.

Oh well, GG FMT. Good clean sim fun.

Matrix

Lets play Fifty,I want to see if its just me tonight.

I truly cant get shots to fall anymore and I havent changed my game style or the way I shoot the ball.

Its carried over from our custom games to league games.

DCX,jumpers in the paint :lol

jobber

Dsal said:
I wish there was a way to practice with the different timing online seems to need, especially FTs. I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it seems like sometimes the release point online for FTs is wayyyyy before the offline release point.

Oh well, GG FMT. Good clean sim fun.

It's been that way online forever....I finally know how much time it takes between pressing the stick and the ball leaving the hand. I hit a record 6 3's @ 50% vs. the Raps. Before I couldn't make 2/20.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Lets play Fifty,I want to see if its just me tonight.

I truly cant get shots to fall anymore and I havent changed my game style or the way I shoot the ball.

Its carried over from our custom games to league games.

DCX,jumpers in the paint :lol
jumpers are jumpers :p :lol and yeah, nice block for a basket by TMAC lol

DCX

Shawnwhann said:
GG Pheeniks until you started cheesing in thr fourth in a desperate attempt to make the score respectable. I dont care how much you are down, you dont try to steal from the inbounds pass while playing a full court press. That was straight garbage dude!!!

Don't even get me started with cheesing. The whole reason I started doing that is because you were cheesing the whole game, getting the score ridiculously high, so I decided to stoop down.

Maybe I am not understanding what "cheesing" in this league really is, but it seemed like the whole game you would just run around with Nash until you got into the paint. That's not even Phoenix Suns basketball there...that's NBA LIVE basketball

I'm normally not a 'cheeser' You can ask anybody who has played me, but I began feeling like you were exploiting the game, so I did the same.

No hard feelings here, maybe we should play again to clear the air, but I'm just letting you know what it was like on this side of the TV.

So I'm just wondering...does everybody in this league play defense by controlling the defender vs. the ball handler? Because it seems like it's different with everybody, I don't know if a certain style is frowned upon.

And I think there should be a "If you don't get into the paint within 5 seconds, then quit trying to get in" rule

Don't even get me started with cheesing. The whole reason I started doing that is because you were cheesing the whole game, getting the score ridiculously high, so I decided to stoop down.

Maybe I am not understanding what "cheesing" in this league really is, but it seemed like the whole game you would just run around with Nash until you got into the paint. That's not even Phoenix Suns basketball there...

I'm normally not a 'cheeser' You can ask anybody who has played me, but I began feeling like you were exploiting the game, so I did the same.

No hard feelings here, maybe we should play again to clear the air, but I'm just letting you know what it was like on this side of the TV.

Last time I checked Nash runs around with the ball dropping off assists to everybody. If I knew you were going to talk about paint play, I would have taken a snapshot of your shot chart. You shot a hell of alot more in the paint than i did. If you were unhappy with the score disparity, maybe you should have had a different startegy then attempting to dunk with Shaq and Wade every time down. I was able to get easy steals and turnovers because you were doing the same strategy over and over. I was not exploiting the game, I was exploiting your defensive choices. There is a difference. No need to clear the air, but please dont do that again dude with the cheese inbound stealing.

And I think there should be a "If you don't get into the paint within 5 seconds, then quit trying to get in" rule

:lol This is a joke post right? You can't be serious with all the Isomotion moves you were using with Wade to slither into the paint repeatedly...

Shawnwhann said:
Last time I checked Nash runs around with the ball dropping off assists to everybody. If I knew you were going to talk about paint play, I would have taken a snapshot of your shot chart. You shot a hell of alot more in the paint than i did. If you were unhappy with the score disparity, maybe you should have had a different startegy then attempting to dunk with Shaq and Wade every time down. I was able to get easy steals and turnovers because you were doing the same strategy over and over. I was not exploiting the game, I was exploiting your defensive choices. There is a difference. No need to clear the air, but please dont do that again dude with the cheese inbound stealing.

Yeah, my shot chart from the 3rd and 4th quarter is all paint shots mainly because I started playing like you.

And the last time I checked, Shaq's supposed to camp in the paint and get position. It's not like I would give the ball to Shaq, and mess around till he got to the basket. In fact, I think he dunked only once or twice. Also, any dunks by Wade were CLEAR lanes to the basket, not me forcing my way in there. And I also shot plenty of times with the other 'gunners' who couldn't hit a shot worth shit (they are all on the block by the way)

And all those lousyass turnovers I made were my stupid passes, and frantically wondering how the hell I was going to come back.

And in the NBA, aren't you supposed to try to steal inbounds passes when you're down by 25? I was desperate, it was the only way to get back in. I mean, didn't you eventually find a way around it?

I really need a clearer definition of "cheesy" offensive playing...all I've got is continually trying to get into the paint and cross-court passes, but there's gotta be something else.

And no, that wasn't a joke post. You were doing the same, and if you ask anybody in this league, I have never done that before.

Zep

Banned
NCAA - Shawnwhann drama every week

NFL - Nothing

NBA - Shawnwhann drama every 2 games.

You take a break in Madden boss?

Fifty

Shawn has been found guilty of Cheese and sentenced to give back Chris Bosh to his original team, and to concede his next match, which just so happens to be against the Raptors. This is the only way he can redeem himself.

jobber

wow..

if you're trying to steal and "cheese" when i'm up 30, I'm playing like i'm down 10 until the buzzer sounds.

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
wow..

if you're trying to steal and "cheese" when i'm up 30, I'm playing like i'm down 10 until the buzzer sounds.

To bad you could never do that against me...cause you always lost!

I also forgot to mention that a ton of those paint shots came from him shooting bombers with 15-20 left on the clock in the fourth quarter while up 15-20 points, and me passing it down there on a fast break.

Tonight's game just wasn't good, but I'm just going to move on from this.

jobber

DaddyZ said:
To bad you could never do that against me...cause you always lost!

You beat me once in a warm up game. I beat you when it counted. I never play tough in practice games. Nothing for me to prove.

No mas Pheeniks, I'm done listening to you spin the game and attempt to rationalize your conduct. This aint nothing but a he-said she-said deal here. I just felt the need to express how it felt like Chucky Cheeser took over the game in the fourth.

It's simple Z, when I am not getting reamed from harmless trashtalking, I cant stay silent when I play cheeser types. That explains every morsel of drama from yours truly.

Shawnwhann said:
No mas Pheeniks, I'm done listening to you spin the game and attempt to rationalize your conduct. This aint nothing but a he-said she-said deal here. I just felt the need to express how it felt like Chucky Cheeser took over the game in the fourth.

It's simple Z, when I am not getting reamed from harmless trashtalking, I cant stay silent when I play cheeser types. That explains every morsel of drama from yours truly.

Right...and you're not doing a very good job of convincing anybody that you're not a cheeser.

You want to express me being "chucky cheeser" in the fourth, and I'll express you being a chucky cheeser the entire damn game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Don't even go there with that Matrix!!!!! :D He's a competitor. It was emotion.

Well I've stated several times that swiping at the inbounds pass is cheese. It's on the site in the rules. Until the last two minutes of the game, if you are down go at it. But be ready for half court passes.
Shawn I'm impressed with the restraint. Thank you for that. :)

The Cavs are back to .500. After that disgusting loss to the Golden State Warriors and their gamershark coach, I have adjusted the style of ball that I play and have been shooting WAY better.
I was up on Konex the entire game and had as much as a 12 point lead at one time. I wound winning 83-80 after running down the clock shooting a fade-away with Bron and getting the offensive board with Varejao, hitting the shot and getting the foul. Nice way to win a game.
But..... Kobe is sick. I don't care how badly Konex plays he always has a chance to get back into a game if he can find Kobe some open shots.

James: 26 pts, 2 reb (offensive), 3 ast, 1 stl, 46% fg, 2-5 from 3 pt, 2-3 FT.

Nice game Bron. Good job buddy.

Fifty

I see Konex just lost again, by 3 points. Ahh thank you Konex, no matter how bad things get for me, they'll always be worse for you!

Yo Malley, I know we were talking about playing our game tonight, but I forgot all about the India Arie concert my girlfriend is dragging me to tonight. Hopefully we can do this Saturday morning and catch up with the rest of the league.

Clippers owner (rorschach = gamertag), would it be possible to play our game sometime in the next 3 1/2 hours? I'm going home for the weekend, so I'll have to take my 360 home if you can't play here in the next 3 1/2 hours. I'll be looking for you on AIM also...

Matrix

I cant get in and Fifty cant either :(

Fifty

Hopefully this is the final thing before things go back to normal. First stats broke, then we couldn't log in to the site...now this. I'd like to assume they're hard at work fixing things for the weekend, instead of just partying while the servers continue to rot away.

Clippers owner, I can play later tonight so let me know when you want to play. I'm just going to take my 360 home with me so we can play, but I can't play tomorrow.

Top Bottom