• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

GG Balla

Can you explain why I'm missing all these open threes with Jwill though? It was really frustrating. I mean, you played a great game, but it seemed like Walker made so many shots with guys in his face and I felt like I didn't take any bad shots, but I missed SO many of them. It pissed me off so much, so do you see a flaw in my game?

I mean, even CHRIS MIHM made a turnaround banker:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
GG Balla

Can you explain why I'm missing all these open threes with Jwill though? It was really frustrating. I mean, you played a great game, but it seemed like Walker made so many shots with guys in his face and I felt like I didn't take any bad shots, but I missed SO many of them. It pissed me off so much, so do you see a flaw in my game?

I mean, even CHRIS MIHM made a turnaround banker:lol

You are probably letting go of you shot just a touch too late. I was doing that a ton at the start of the season (still do it a bit now too unfortunately).

Ror & ChrisJames: did you get your game reset? I was actually in bed doing that sleep thing. Imagine that. :)

Fifty

Aren't the servers going back down today? AKA posted a link on the last page with a news update, but now that update seems to be gone. No one's played yet, although it's only been one day. Here's hoping we advance on thursday night.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well we have 5 more games to be played to finish out this week. I know some games got done last night.

BUT NOT ENOUGH. :lol

Come on everyone, lets try and get caught up here and get rolling.

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
Yes, I believe they're down till 2 CT...this league needs to advance though. I'm tired of staring at my record of 1 win:lol
I'm going to be rusty when i play True...ugh...i was doing so good. Same with Madden, i'm riding a wave of momentum that is being stalled right now...

DCX

Fifty

Truelize said:
I know some games got done last night.

BUT NOT ENOUGH. :lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any games got played last night. The site certainly isn't showing them...and that's never been a problem.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any games got played last night. The site certainly isn't showing them...and that's never been a problem.

Malley and Shawn played last night.

But I'm kinda confused cause that was their game from last week. Maybe Konex set the week back for them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just didn't see Konex an AIM at all last night and I know I wasn't the one that set the week back for you.
Hence, confusion

Man, this is really starting to get to me! I've gotten disconnected from three games today in which I was leading. I have no idea, maybe it's 2k or something, but I hope it fixes itself. I don't even have any association or save files around anymore...how depressing :(

Fifty

That's so weird. You're sure you don't have any other online problems? I haven't heard of 2K doing this to people, and it seems to happen all the time with you. Maybe it's your router?

Fifty said:
That's so weird. You're sure you don't have any other online problems? I haven't heard of 2K doing this to people, and it seems to happen all the time with you. Maybe it's your router?

I don't play on a router..it could be this internet connection, but when the line is hooked to my computer, it never disconnects itself. It's only my xbox...kind of sketchy

AkaBalla

pheeniks test ur connection for the xbox see if all those test results come up. i think there's something else u can test from ur xbox i gotta go retrieve it.. just to see what the issue is.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
AkaBalla said:
pheeniks test ur connection for the xbox see if all those test results come up. i think there's something else u can test from ur xbox i gotta go retrieve it.. just to see what the issue is.

aka when u available to play?

I'm on right now

(I'm not playing tonight because I'll be watching the heat pre-season game against the magic)

Yo Fifty, let me know if Wednesday night will work for you okay. I will be unavailable on Friday-Monday, so tomorrow or Thursday are the openings!! Holla back!!

Fifty

I'm kinda busy on wednesday night (only can play real late) but I'm betting the league won't have advanced by then. I'll be on AIM starting at 11 eastern, and if it's advanced we can play. ..but I'm betting it'll be thursday. We can use AIM from here on out

No AIM at work here, and I have a focus group for two hours after I leave work today. 8 PST would work for me just fine, but if you aren't feeling Wednesday we can shoot for Thursday too. I'm sure we'll get it done, you are one of the more visible guys that is always available and stuff. Our clash will be lengendary, (Micheal Buffer Style) "Once and for all we'll determine who came out on top of the most controversial trade of the year" I'm gonna write an article about it with groovy pictures

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
gg aka, you killed me on the boards. gotta learn how to do that manually because the cpu cant rebound shit on this game.

Fifty

Konex posted on the league forum...he's saying the league will advance tonight.

I hope he means it's advancing because he knows the 5 games will be played tonight, and not because he wants to 0-0 3 of them (or so)

edit: I guess whatever they did to the servers didn't fix the stats glitch. They're still not updating to the site. Dammit.

AkaBalla

Might have to create a new league for those to take effect? The league were using now wont update just like if the rosters came out we wouldnt have them. I dunno i guess we'll hear something

AkaBalla

Cerrius said:
gg aka, you killed me on the boards. gotta learn how to do that manually because the cpu cant rebound shit on this game.

GG man.. Good stuff with KG!!! He was 100% from the field until the 4th.

Cerrius, when can you play our game? I'd like to play tonight if the league is advanced, but I understand if you don't want to play 2 league games in one day. If not tonight, I can play tomorrow or thursday, no big deal.

gg pheeniks. i don't know wtf was up with shaq but that was some bullshit. i had that fat **** beat by a few steps multiple times and somehow he always comes up with the block and no foul? what a joke. then if i so much as touch juwana wade on a jumper the ref is waiting to call a foul so i can't even contest his shots properly. i'm just pissed about those bullcrap blocks without more foul calls. you don't get that many clean blocks in a game, especially when your man has you beat nearly every time.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg pheeniks. i don't know wtf was up with shaq but that was some bullshit. i had that fat **** beat by a few steps multiple times and somehow he always comes up with the block and no foul? what a joke. then if i so much as touch juwana wade on a jumper the ref is waiting to call a foul so i can't even contest his shots properly. i'm just pissed about those bullcrap blocks without more foul calls. you don't get that many clean blocks in a game, especially when your man has you beat nearly every time.

Well, he did have a lot of blocks..but Wade shot only 1 or 2 FT. I was getting worried at the end, Jim Mora's voice was sounding in my head after I missed those two jason williams FT and blew that inbounds pass.

I'd somewhat agree with you, maybe 2 or 3 of the blocks could've been called a foul, but I felt like a lot of the times I was blocking you from behind, so I don't know. but there was a poll about the fouls and all that.

nice flop with J-rich there near the end:lol

is there a flaw in my 3 PT shooting? WHY am I 2/13 or am I just taking bad shots?

nice flop with J-rich there near the end

after i stripped the ball i just pressed B hoping your guy would dive or something and charging called. it was a flop indeed :D

i almost made that last shot with richardson... rolled in and out :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
after i stripped the ball i just pressed B hoping your guy would dive or something and charging called. it was a flop indeed :D

i almost made that last shot with richardson... rolled in and out :(

I nearly flipped out too, because I was afraid I'd foul you or something really stupid like that. I have a tendency to blow leads:lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
it's that time Matrix

stovidead.jpg

Fifty

I'm thinking my team rebounding might be a serious issue. If this is the case, I would be able to offer Baron Davis (88) for a big man who can score and rebound especially well. I'm just throwing it out there...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
I'm thinking my team rebounding might be a serious issue. If this is the case, I would be able to offer Baron Davis (88) for a big man who can score and rebound especially well. I'm just throwing it out there...

too much color for me......

50 said:

I'll trade Stoudamire, Nash, Bosh, and Bell for Marion and Davis!!

Tell me what you think!! :D

Fifty

Malleymal said:
too much color for me......

Mr. White NJ!

I'll trade Stoudamire, Nash, Bosh, and Bell for Marion and Davis!!

Uh...I traded Marion..For Bibby and Artest. Anyway, no way that trade would be approved. you can't give 3 all stars for the price of two. Steve Nash does belong in Canada though.. I hope Chris Bosh breaks a leg in tonight's game. The first injury of the year! It'll hurt so bad seeing him in another uniform. He'll look much better in street clothes.

Fifty

Well the fact that you mentioned Marion's name made me wonder how serious (insane) you were.

You're going down like a cheap hooker tonight.

Seriously though, I've got the ****ing Raptors (in uniform only..in reality I have a ****ed-up custom team), I can't trash talk with confidence, I'd be amazed if my shitty team doesn't get outrebounded by 30 against your frontcourt, and if I lose by 10 or less I'll be content. I had my chance at a big upset, against Jobber, and I blew it.

5-0 said:
Well the fact that you mentioned Marion's name made me wonder how serious (insane) you were.

You're going down like a cheap hooker tonight.

Seriously though, I've got the ****ing Raptors (in uniform only..in reality I have a ****ed-up custom team), I can't trash talk with confidence, I'd be amazed if my shitty team doesn't get outrebounded by 30 against your frontcourt, and if I lose by 10 or less I'll be content. I had my chance at a big upset, against Jobber, and I blew it.

Dont even try that bull!! I will not be suckered into thinking this game is going to be a cakewalk again. I did that against DCX, and it got me a 2 point loss from an improbable 3 pointer from Marbury. I've told Bosh that he will walk into a hornet's nest into the beast of the belly into pit's of hell and with tears in Bosh's eyes I told him he will have to lead the way. Brought him in some homegrown Canadian ass, and he was all good to go. BTW, it's nice to exchange shiiit talking and there be no ill will. It's a nice throwback to the old days when my brothers and I used to go at it in Madden on the SNES and PS1. I'll be home with the next 2 hours. We still down for 8 or can you go earlier?

Top Bottom