• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
it's that time Matrix

stovidead.jpg

Jobs,I have to play my madden league game with Gunstar at 11 eastern time if he can.I can play you after if you're around.

Cerrius said:
gg kings owner

...gg...

sorry but Garnetty is way too good in this game, and did you really have to keep him in until 3 min. left in the game? I was seriously hoping he'd get injured, considering i had all my scrubs in the game. Just my two cents.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
Jobs,I have to play my madden league game with Gunstar at 11 eastern time if he can.I can play you after if you're around.

i'll be around til 1am ish.....i bet we finish before the baseball game!

Zep

Banned
Pheeniks...I own the Nets now (cause Konex is a little bitch and gave the pistons to some newbie). Whats it gonna take for me to get James Posey? Take a look at my roster. Anybody but Kidd, Jefferson and Gordon(who the **** traded Vince!?).

Fifty

Ramirez is out now? What's up with that?

Vumpler's not playing his games? No big loss there if we have to replace him. Let's just hope Konex doesn't find some friend of his or random 2K board poster to replace him.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Let's just hope Konex doesn't find some friend of his or random 2K board poster to replace him.

(19:01:24) dmczafx23: do you have someone else?
(19:01:35) dmczafx23: and it better not be one of your strangers
(19:02:18) Konex2k4: it's not a stranger. it's the guy who runs the ish league. he lurks gaf

headache.jpg

Fifty

Hey, if the guy's really into the game AND we can contact him, I don't see a problem. I'll give Konex one chance! I'm glad Zep's finally in the league.

Fifty

Dammit, I choked away another winnable game.

I'm going to be honest here. Shawn, your style of D is by far the most annoying I've ever played. I wouldn't want to ever play you again if you're gonna play like that. You take Nash and do full court pressure every single possession, then once I get to your half you manually sit under the basket, denying the drive, and double the ball handler almost all the time. It's just no fun. I'm not calling it cheese, because I had a chance to win and I blew it, but no one else plays like that in the league.

Kidd is the man..I just can't rely on him (yet) to hit shots for me. My strategy before I was offered the trade was to use Baron's speed against a SG to drive to the rim and dunk, but after I saw how impossible it was to get to the rim against your team, I realized I made the right decision with the trade.

11 points, 9 boards, 14 assists in his first game. wow.

AkaBalla

Does anyone want Mike James? 84 mid range game with a 89 3 point rating overall 84 player... Offer me anything.... I'm on a good winning streak beating Minn and CHicago but i feel i need a change at the PG position.. Make some offers...

P.S. his trade value is not going to be that high!!!

bluemax

Banned
AkaBalla said:
Does anyone want Mike James? 84 mid range game with a 89 3 point rating overall 84 player... Offer me anything.... I'm on a good winning streak beating Minn and CHicago but i feel i need a change at the PG position.. Make some offers...

P.S. his trade value is not going to be that high!!!

You interested in Earl Boykins or Andre Miller for him? Possibly Boykins and one my lesser bench players.

Fifty said:
Dammit, I choked away another winnable game.

I'm going to be honest here. Shawn, your style of D is by far the most annoying I've ever played. I wouldn't want to ever play you again if you're gonna play like that. You take Nash and do full court pressure every single possession, then once I get to your half you manually sit under the basket, denying the drive, and double the ball handler almost all the time. It's just no fun. I'm not calling it cheese, because I had a chance to win and I blew it, but no one else plays like that in the league.

Kidd is the man..I just can't rely on him (yet) to hit shots for me. My strategy before I was offered the trade was to use Baron's speed against a SG to drive to the rim and dunk, but after I saw how impossible it was to get to the rim against your team, I realized I made the right decision with the trade.

11 points, 9 boards, 14 assists in his first game. wow.

Here we go again...

I did not play full court press dude. I played manual defense all game dude. I switched up and doubled with off ball defenders when you were trying to drive, and there aint nothing wrong with that. If we want to get critical, lets talk about your obvious violation of the league rules with the inbound pass swiping. 21 of your 65 shots were three pointers, and you were doubling Bosh and Amare ad nasuem too. The incessant pausing you kept doing as I kept pounding you in the post for hookshots, layups and dunks had me chill from using my bigs anymore. Don't blame me that after all your trading and moves, you have no interior defense at all. Why should I try working the ball around the perimeter when you are in the passing lanes waiting to steal balls. I took pictures of the shot charts if people request them, and my shot variety was much more varied than your 3 point onslaught.

If you are going to try to clean out someone elses closet, make sure yours is clean first. Your actions are indicative of someone who is a hypocrite.

Fifty

Shawnwhann said:
Here we go again...

I did not play full court press dude. I played manual defense all game dude. I switched up and doubled with off ball defenders when you were trying to drive, and there aint nothing wrong with that.

I never said you played full court press, just full court pressure with Nash. I wanted to walk the ball up the court (like in real life) but Nash was pressing up against me like a stripper. Again, while this isn't against the rules, it's just one of the things I listed that made the game no fun.

The incessant pausing you kept doing as I kept pounding you in the post for hookshots, layups and dunks had me chill from using my bigs anymore. Don't blame me that after all your trading and moves, you have no interior defense at all. Why should I try working the ball around the perimeter when you are in the passing lanes waiting to steal balls. I took pictures of the shot charts if people request them, and my shot variety was much more varied than your 3 point onslaught.

I have 0 problems with your offensive game. I didn't say shit about it in my post, and on AIM I said it was fine. You played offense against me like I would have.

Your actions are indicative of someone who is a hypocrite.

No, they're not. I just said you were a pain in the ass to play against. I'm admitting I swiped a bit too often (looking for ways to get back in the game, and only on longer inbounds passes) but aside from that I played by the book. I took a lot of 3's because you didn't play manual D on the ball handler (usually Bibby) and because your post D was so incredibly good

Anyyway, I don't usually do these long quoting replies. I'm done. I wish I could be like Dsal and take things in stride. This was a waste of my time. I await your reply. Please don't reply.

If you are going to accuse me of questionable conduct be prepared to face the music with your own conduct. Hence the term "hypocrite".

On a good note, thanks for Bosh!!

I'm done.

Fifty

Shawnwhann said:
On a good note, thanks for Bosh!!

Yeah...well...Thanks for Diaw!

Where was he that game? He was so damn useless. I couldn't dare post him up against Bosh/Amare/PAT BURKE and his shooting is average at best. Good thing he can pass, right? Because with Kidd and Bibby I REALLY need a passing PF.

:lol

bluemax

Banned
Mmm I'm liking my bench more now. Feels like I have people I can score with off it. Considering I kept losing games because I couldn't hold leads with my bench I'll take it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ColdBlooded33 said:
BigZ Traded Jason Kidd?

Konex why do you let these things happen!

I still cant believe you traded Kidd for Baron Davis.

...Baron Davis! What The ****!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DaddyZ said:
Calm down Carl Thomas

Your gonna regret it when Baron Davis isnt hitting the 3-pt-shot. He cant do anything else.

Gordon is already auto from behind the line. Richard Jefferson is very good from behind there also. Then Cliff Robinson can knock down the 3 as well. You didnt need another 3 point ball hogger.

But have fun with him. Ill enjoy looking at Fiddy's stats as he puts up near triple-doubles every game

To whoever wanted Posey:

If the deal doesn't involve Jefferson or Baron at all, then I won't really do much...there isn't anyone else on that roster that interests me

Zep

Banned
pheeniks said:
To whoever wanted Posey:

If the deal doesn't involve Jefferson or Baron at all, then I won't really do much...there isn't anyone else on that roster that interests me

pffft...**** you & Miami then!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jobber Falls.

Jobber Chokes.

T-mac didnt Croke :D

Matrix

jobber

Matrix said:

stovidead.jpg

you might have won the game but i won something more important tonight!

Celebrate while you can haters because I've found a secret weapon on my bench that I'll use more often.....

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is it kurt rambis

nah. this guy is rated very low but he's a beast on D and getting boards.

I also think I should learn when I should let go of the shot stick when Tony Parker gets in the lane. He does crazy layup animations and if I don't let go at the right time, it'll miss. It's also an offline game problem too. I burned Matrix a few times but once he starts the animation, it's hard to figure out when to let go -_-' Then if I try to do a pull up jumper on the blocks, he'll do the damn layup animation for a charging foul.

edit: oh yeah, before I traded Rasho, the Spurs were rated in the 70's, now they're rated 91 o_O

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
DMczaf said:
vumpler, you may want to pretend you are still interested in the league because konex is about to dump you.

Eh I enjoy playing my games but if I get dumped I get dumped. No one can really beat me thus far so its not as much of a challenge but it is fun :D.

Does this game take fatigue into account AT ALL?

I was playing a random match just now, vs. a Phoenix Suns cheeser (I randomly chose the Grizzlies) and he didn't sub in his bench the ENTIRE game. Yet near the end, they were still running at full speed into the lane and draining in-your-face three pointers like it was the beginning of the game. WTF

If anyone wants a scrimmage game today, I'm down. I'll keep an eye on the thread, so just post here if you want to play (I obviously could use some practice).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
then once I get to your half you manually sit under the basket, denying the drive, and double the ball handler almost all the time.

Fifty said:
I played manual defense all game dude. I switched up and doubled with off ball defenders when you were trying to drive, and there aint nothing wrong with that.

Hmmmmm :(

Shawn: Have you noticed that other than Dsal every other opponent of yours has made remarks about your play style? Maybe it's not them. Just putting that out there.

Konex says on the league page we are advancing the league when baseball is done. That's all good if DCX and I have played our game already. If we haven't you will have to wait on us. So don't start begging him on AIM. I'm going to dinner with my mom tonight and DCX and I are playing as soon as I get back.
So hold your horses.

Who has made the most trades this year??? The Raptors or the Celtics??

Truelize said:
Shawn: Have you noticed that other than Dsal every other opponent of yours has made remarks about your play style? Maybe it's not them. Just putting that out there.

I'm sorry if my play style is not conventional and easily understandable for most people adjust to. I hear your point True, but maybe you should consider my p.o.v. Everything I do that is different and not experienced here before is automatically labeled cheese. Outside of the full court press complaints, I don't consider any of the complaints valid. Many of them were posted by people justifing their double digit losses.

"You score too much in the paint." "Stop shotting shooting open 3's when you have the lead" "Why wont you let me walk the ball up the court?" "Stop spordically switching to guard as the center." Come on!!! I'm sorry if I can predict what you are trying to do before you do it. As cliche' as it sounds, dont hate the player hate the game. If I see areas to exploit in your gameplan, I will ethically go after them.

Over the years of playing this basketball game, there are several things that I do that just come instinctively. For example, if I am manually pressing against someone and they get by me I instinctly swap to my center or power foward for the easy block. I call it my bait and switch. If a real offensive threat is skirting the sideline or an isolated area of the court, I will run over to double to create pressure. This game makes it far too easy for slashers to slice right through the lane. To adjust, when people drive I defensive crouch and crowd the shooter to stop the drives. Excuuuuse me for being able to switch between all these strategies on the fly creating a massive problem for my opponent.

As long as I have blowout wins, the complaints will keep coming. I'm a reasonable person that can be swayed by a good argument. If someone can reasonably argue that my playing tactics are indefensable and overtly cheap, I'll take a serious look at changing the tactic in question. This is my disposition on this issue for the rest of the league. :D

Shawnwhann said:
I'm sorry if my play style is not conventional and easily understandable for most people adjust to. I hear your point True, but maybe you should consider my p.o.v. Everything I do that is different and not experienced here before is automatically labeled cheese. Outside of the full court press complaints, I don't consider any of the complaints valid. Many of them were posted by people justifing their double digit losses.

"You score too much in the paint." "Stop shotting shooting open 3's when you have the lead" "Why wont you let me walk the ball up the court?" "Stop spordically switching to guard as the center." Come on!!! I'm sorry if I can predict what you are trying to do before you do it. As cliche' as it sounds, dont hate the player hate the game. If I see areas to exploit in your gameplan, I will ethically go after them.

Over the years of playing this basketball game, there are several things that I do that just come instinctively. For example, if I am manually pressing against someone and they get by me I instinctly swap to my center or power foward for the easy block. I call it my bait and switch. If a real offensive threat is skirting the sideline or an isolated area of the court, I will run over to double to create pressure. This game makes it far too easy for slashers to slice right through the lane. To adjust, when people drive I defensive crouch and crowd the shooter to stop the drives. Excuuuuse me for being able to switch between all these strategies on the fly creating a massive problem for my opponent.

As long as I have blowout wins, the complaints will keep coming. I'm a reasonable person that can be swayed by a good argument. If someone can reasonably argue that my playing tactics are indefensable and overtly cheap, I'll take a serious look at changing the tactic in question. This is my disposition on this issue for the rest of the league. :D

You're making it seem like we complain because we lose by double digits. When we complain, then you call us hypocrites and declare argument over.

shawn i personally had no problem with the way your offense played (other than jealously that i dont have 3 pt shooters like that). it was just a pain in the ass to have nash pressuring me full court every play. not calling it cheese, just a pain in the ass (and not in a "wow fantastic strategy" kind of way). but its not some game breaking feature and its not against league rules so what can you do

And I should say, I personally don't have a problem with the way Shawn plays defense. I can't really seem to play manual defense either, but on offense, it really did seem like you would force Nash into the paint a lot.

Fifty

pheeniks said:
You're making it seem like we complain because we lose by double digits. When we complain, then you call us hypocrites and declare argument over.

Yep. I mean, I've got my ass kicked by some teams way worse than the Suns and I didn't complain (about the person at least). I didn't say Shawn cheesed me, just that it was no fun. I'm willing to forgive and forget. I have no excuse for losing, you beat me and that's that. I just gave my opinion of the game. If I have great games against people, I'll say so.

Pheeniks said:

I never called everyone hypocrites. In your case, I sure am calling bs on your complaints. Why would I continually drive Nash into the paint when I have both Bosh and Mare in the post to penetrate at will. Your blatant misrepresentation of the game is a bit frustrating. I sure wish I took pictures of Nash's shot chart to strip you of your credibility. You still never adequately explained how I was cheesing you when you were down thirty before you resorted to the inbound steal bullshiit to make the score respectable.

Fifty said:
Yep. I mean, I've got my ass kicked by some teams way worse than the Suns and I didn't complain (about the person at least). I didn't say Shawn cheesed me, just that it was no fun. I'm willing to forgive and forget. I have no excuse for losing, you beat me and that's that. I just gave my opinion of the game. If I have great games against people, I'll say so.

Nice semantics Fifty!! :lol "I'm not say you cheesed me, but I had absoultely no fun playing you" Well either you are saying you don't have fun because you are being cheesed or you are saying you don't have fun when you lose. I mean it's either one way or the other right? Don't put out that inference and then protect yourself by saying "not that you cheese". Quit flip-floppin!!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
shawn i personally had no problem with the way your offense played (other than jealously that i dont have 3 pt shooters like that). it was just a pain in the ass to have nash pressuring me full court every play. not calling it cheese, just a pain in the ass (and not in a "wow fantastic strategy" kind of way). but its not some game breaking feature and its not against league rules so what can you do

I was wondering when you were going to chime in!! I maintain my manual pressure is a great tool to increase the pace of the game to a level that is advantageous for the gazelles that are my Suns. It doesn't matter though, I expect that any minute now Truelize is going to get all Hitler on me and proclaim this move illegal. Come on True, I'm ready for it this time!! :lol

Shawnwhann said:
I never called everyone hypocrites. In your case, I sure am calling bs on your complaints. Why would I continually drive Nash into the paint when I have both Bosh and Mare in the post to penetrate at will. Your blatant misrepresentation of the game is a bit frustrating. I sure wish I took pictures of Nash's shot chart to strip you of your credibility. You still never adequately explained how I was cheesing you when you were down thirty before you resorted to the inbound steal bullshiit to make the score respectable.

Nice semantics Fifty!! :lol "I'm not say you cheesed me, but I had absoultely no fun playing you" Well either you are saying you don't have fun because you are being cheesed or you are saying you don't have fun when you lose. I mean it's either one way or the other right? Which one is it?

I was wondering when you were going to chime in!! I maintain my manual pressure is a great tool to increase the pace of the game to a level that is advantageous for the gazelles that are my Suns. It doesn't matter though, I expect that any minute now Truelize is going to get all Hitler on me and proclaim this move illegal. Come on True, I'm ready for it this time!! :lol

Never called us hypocrites? That's bullshit. I've seen it twice on this page to Fifty and to me as well.

and if you want to try stripping my credibility, I'd love to take a snapshot of my own shot chart in the first half to show you I don't constantly try to dunk with o'neal and wade. I took lots of jumpers. so don't try to tell everyone here I'm a liar.

Also, you do force nash into the paint. I sit there and see Nash humping my guy over over and over till you actually get in there, and you don't always necessarily shoot, but it is an exploit. If you take Nash in there and he's single covered, you get an easy bucket. if he's double covered, you'll just kick it to bosh and my defense is too slow to react to bosh because he's already in some insane dunk animation.

of course, it works that way in the NBA sometimes, and unfortunately we can't do anything about it in this game, but you abuse it. and this is a sim league, so let people walk up the court. steve nash does not full court press in real life. hell, it's not really a rule-breaker or cheesing, but it's annoying and not exactly sim. your choice to do so though.

and I know you're going to say some bullshit about how I am not clarifying your 'cheesing' but I've made it as clear as possible, and you're more than likely going to say something very arrogant about double digit victories, but for a change, maybe you should listen to these suggestions, instead of backing away from them and calling us cheesers. it's several of us who find your style of play annoying. we admit to mashing the steal button against you, but you won't even budge with your game.

Matrix

In Fifty's defense he has lost many times to me and said they were still fun games.

Top Bottom