• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Fifty

Matrix said:
In Fifty's defense he has lost many times to me and said they were still fun games.

"many times'!? Shut the hell up, cheeser!

Pheeniks is my digital soul mate. I echo his statements.

Fear the backcourt of supreme shortness and paleness.

1079517207_0.jpg

Fifty

DMczaf said:
Kirk Hinrich is blacker than Kidd and Bibby combined

frodo_hinrich.jpg

Kidd has street cred.

KiddJason.jpg

Aww yeah, real gangsta. I've got Ron Artest and a guy who beats his wife on my team. I wish this game had an offcourt mode, so I could go from bail hearing to bail hearing.

Never called us hypocrites? That's bullshit. I've seen it twice on this page to Fifty and to me as well.

and if you want to try stripping my credibility, I'd love to take a snapshot of my own shot chart in the first half to show you I don't constantly try to dunk with o'neal and wade. I took lots of jumpers. so don't try to tell everyone here I'm a liar.

Also, you do force nash into the paint. I sit there and see Nash humping my guy over over and over till you actually get in there, and you don't always necessarily shoot, but it is an exploit. If you take Nash in there and he's single covered, you get an easy bucket. if he's double covered, you'll just kick it to bosh and my defense is too slow to react to bosh because he's already in some insane dunk animation.

of course, it works that way in the NBA sometimes, and unfortunately we can't do anything about it in this game, but you abuse it. and this is a sim league, so let people walk up the court. steve nash does not full court press in real life. hell, it's not really a rule-breaker or cheesing, but it's annoying and not exactly sim. your choice to do so though.

and I know you're going to say some bullshit about how I am not clarifying your 'cheesing' but I've made it as clear as possible, and you're more than likely going to say something very arrogant about double digit victories, but for a change, maybe you should listen to these suggestions, instead of backing away from them and calling us cheesers. it's several of us who find your style of play annoying. we admit to mashing the steal button against you, but you won't even budge with your game.

I said I never called everyone hypocrites. I left that distinction to you and your digital soulmate Fifty. You couldn't dunk with Oneal and Wade ad naseum because I had the cure for that cheese, and you quickly realized it wasn't going to be that kind of party!! :lol at your claims that your defense is slow, you have the best team in the game dude!! Talking about my double digit victories is not being arrogant, it is simply stating the facts. As far as Nash driving, I find it laughable that you are complaining about a little point guard driving into the lane that houses the biggest front court in the game. With Shaq, Mourning, and Haslem those easy scores should be getting shot into the third row!!

As far as sidestepping the issues, I have done anything but sidestep the issues. When people bring up issues, I openly discuss what I am doing and why I do it. All rhetoric aside, you inability to cope with the different looks you were being presented with were the reason why it shook down the way it did. You were by far the easiest opponent I have played in a long time despite the fact you have one of the most formidable teams in the game. Real talk!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DaddyZ said:
anybody wanna run a scrimmage? I need to get back into the swing of things.

I'll be in the league lobby if you want to ball.

AkaBalla

Dam Shawn there's really no reason to make personal attacks towards people. Saying someone sucks at the game isnt cool. Keep it on one topic and no need to throw that MaMa joke out there because that might be next.. Or even get shot when u step on my new jordans. :)

DM---I got a message saying I lost connection to 2ksports. DId you get that? I've actually nevner seen this one. At any case, I was sending you a msg over XBL apologizing and asking if you got that, and then my 360 froze. Ugh...

I'll be in the lobby if you're still up for some. Sorry man

Shawnwhann said:
I said I never called everyone hypocrites. I left that distinction to you and your digital soulmate Fifty. You couldn't dunk with Oneal and Wade ad naseum because I had the cure for that cheese, and you quickly realized it wasn't going to be that kind of party!! :lol at your claims that your defense is slow, you have the best team in the game dude!! Talking about my double digit victories is not being arrogant, it is simply stating the facts. As far as Nash driving, I find it laughable that you are complaining about a little point guard driving into the lane that houses the biggest front court in the game. With Shaq, Mourning, and Haslem those easy scores should be getting shot into the third row!!

As far as sidestepping the issues, I have done anything but sidestep the issues. When people bring up issues, I openly discuss what I am doing and why I do it. All rhetoric aside, you inability to cope with the different looks you were being presented with were the reason why it shook down the way it did. You were by far the easiest opponent I have played in a long time despite the fact you have one of the most formidable teams in the game. Real talk!!!

First of all, dunking with O'neal isn't really cheese. It happens all the time in the NBA, if you watch. In the real NBA, Nash doesn't force his way into the paint. They actually have a set offense, Nash doesn't do that kind of silly shit.

If you haven't noticed, speed is a huge advantage in this game. It doesn't matter if I have a big frontcourt, your guys will always find a way around theirs if they keep trying to penetrate in there. And in case you haven't noticed, blocks are low in this league and fouls are high.

Your trash talking is pathetic. It seems like you're calling me a bad opponent to show that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's just making you look immature. I've played you once, I didn't expect to see this NBA Live play and talk coming from you, so of course I lost big. I promise you that if I played you a second time, it'd be much different. It seem like you're real glad that you won that one game, otherwise you wouldn't be trashing left and right.

And yes, I would say you are obviously arrogant.

DM, that was a good game till I got booted. PJ Brown is a BEAST:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Daddy.

The game totally changed in my favor after Alston got the 4pt play *drool*

:lol Yea its messed up that you dont have Vince.

Matrix

Alston outplayed him :p....

but who doesnt Alston outplay?

I think I got my shot back with him.

Zep

Banned
Fifty said:
How was Baron? You did trade your best player for him after all..

Baron is fine...this was my first game with him but he'll manage perfectly for me. It sucks I have Gordon as my SG...I dont want his ass, when his shots not falling he's worthless. Who the **** accepted that trade!!!!

DMczaf

DaddyZ said:
Baron is fine...this was my first game with him but he'll manage perfectly for me. It sucks I have Gordon as my SG...I dont want his ass, when his shots not falling he's worthless. Who the **** accepted that trade!!!!

:)

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
Who the **** accepted that trade!!!!

Konex,some would say Dm's best friend.

Why Konex let the already amazing Bulls get better,beats the shit out of me.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Konex,some would say Dm's best friend.

Why Konex let the already amazing Bulls get better,beats the shit out of me.

Im loving Battier too!

Head is awesome on the bench, telling jokes and keeping the troops happy.

Zep

Banned
Ben Gordon is up for trade...it's official. Make me best offers for a 6'2 SG that can hit 100% of his 3's***

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Im loving Battier too!

I dont miss Shane,I got better cause of the trade.

Nooch rebounds better for me and I got Cook from Konex for Deke so I dont need Shane playing PF anymore :)

DMczaf said:
Im loving Battier too!

I know you love Battier. When I saw him come off your bench I was thinking WTF who else did he trade for, Yao? You made some good trades there...want to trade Carter for Posey? :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DaddyZ said:
Ben Gordon is up for trade...it's official. Make me best offers for a 6'2 SG that can hit 100% of his 3's***

What are you looking for?

Pheeniks said:
First of all, dunking with O'neal isn't really cheese. It happens all the time in the NBA, if you watch. In the real NBA, Nash doesn't force his way into the paint. They actually have a set offense, Nash doesn't do that kind of silly shit.

If you haven't noticed, speed is a huge advantage in this game. It doesn't matter if I have a big frontcourt, your guys will always find a way around theirs if they keep trying to penetrate in there. And in case you haven't noticed, blocks are low in this league and fouls are high.

Your trash talking is pathetic. It seems like you're calling me a bad opponent to show that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's just making you look immature. I've played you once, I didn't expect to see this NBA Live play and talk coming from you, so of course I lost big. I promise you that if I played you a second time, it'd be much different. It seem like you're real glad that you won that one game, otherwise you wouldn't be trashing left and right.

And yes, I would say you are obviously arrogant.

"You wanna hate then hate me,what can I do but keep getting money funny I was just like you." The difference between me and you is that I don't take subliminal shots, I am honest and to the point with mine. What you see is what you get. It's funny how you twist my words to porve a point. I never said dunking with Shaq was cheese, I said excessive every time down dunking with Shaq is cheese. Nash is not some one dimensional guy you are trying to paint, he can do it all which is why he is the two-time MVP.

You lost me with the explanation on why your bigs can contain a short point guard. I think you were in such a hurry you did not even read it to make sure it made sense. The double team button is your friend for the scenario I think you were trying to describe. Again, we must have been playing different games because I don't use Nash in the way you suggest. I wouldn't against your front court. For arguments sake, I indulged your suggestion about Nash to prove how nonsensical it is vs. Shaq and co.

You brought the verbal onslaught on yourself when you resorted to the full court stealin inbound pass cheese. Just take it as a lesson bro, no shot will ever go answered Pheeniks!! You want it to stop, you know what to do.

Call me arrogant, supercilious, egotistical, anything or everything that equals or exceeds those nasty words. Affirm your unsubstantiated beliefs of my character by commenting on my superficial trash talk from a damn videogame. Geez....

You so sure of the fact you can win next time? I say loser get a permanent ban from GAF!! What do you say?!?!?

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
I'd say both of you shut the **** up and enjoy the league.

:lol

Zep

Banned
Jobber...I dont see anybody that would equal a fair trade. Unless :)

Brent Barry & Bruce Bowen / Ben Gordon/???

Matrix

DaddyZ said:

Want the Nooch and someone else for Gordon?
1203.jpg

"Hi I have a 84 rating Daddy"

Matrix

DaddyZ said:

I'm not on drugs.

It would have to be Bonzi for Gordon straight up.

Shawnwhann said:
"You wanna hate then hate me,what can I do but keep getting money funny I was just like you." The difference between me and you is that I don't take subliminal shots, I am honest and to the point with mine. What you see is what you get. It's funny how you twist my words to porve a point. I never said dunking with Shaq was cheese, I said excessive every time down dunking with Shaq is cheese. Nash is not some one dimensional guy you are trying to paint, he can do it all which is why he is the two-time MVP.

You lost me with the explanation on why your bigs can contain a short point guard. I think you were in such a hurry you did not even read it to make sure it made sense. The double team button is your friend for the scenario I think you were trying to describe. Again, we must have been playing different games because I don't use Nash in the way you suggest. I wouldn't against your front court. For arguments sake, I indulged your suggestion about Nash to prove how nonsensical it is vs. Shaq and co.

You brought the verbal onslaught on yourself when you resorted to the full court stealin inbound pass cheese. Just take it as a lesson bro, no shot will ever go answered Pheeniks!! You want it to stop, you know what to do.

Call me arrogant, supercilious, egotistical, anything or everything that equals or exceeds those nasty words. Affirm your unsubstantiated beliefs of my character by commenting on my superficial trash talk from a damn videogame. Geez....

You so sure of the fact you can win next time? I say loser get a permanent ban from GAF!! What do you say?!?!?

You keep mentioning the shot chart, then I wish you did take it because I didn't dunk excessively in the first half.

I'm pretty much done arguing with this one, I think I've stated what I want to say.

Fifty

Wtf, you want to trade Gordon? He's Vince Carter's equal!

What's with all of the trades? Don't you guys know I'm the only one who can make trades around here?

fyazi220620063.jpg

"A new superstar a day keeps the doctor away!"

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
Im giving Ben 1 more game. If it doesnt happen, I accept!

Ok cool.

Fifty

Davis has the same rating as Bonzi, and he's a more versitile scorer. Bonzi has extra rebounding, but I'd take Davis anyday of the two. Funny how all 3 players are the exact same rating. Unlike the Carter ripoff deal, this would be a fair trade technically no matter what.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DaddyZ said:

eh...I don't use Bowen that much but I already have Manu and Finley at the SG. I would have to move Manu to SF and that'll work on offense but sucks on D.

I'm gonna have to end talks. Thanks!

Matrix

Fifty said:
Davis has the same rating as Bonzi, and he's a more versitile scorer. Bonzi has extra rebounding, but I'd take Davis anyday of the two. Funny how all 3 players are the exact same rating. Unlike the Carter ripoff deal, this would be a fair trade technically no matter what.

Daddy knows enough about bball to know Bonzi is the better all around player.

Matrix

Well Fifty is cockblocking me,had to try something!

:lol

Fifty

I'll give you Boris Diaw for him.

edit: Konex just posted this on the league forum. I'm passing it along so everyone sees it.

This was posted on the 2K forums earlier today:

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Barry, and I'm part of the leagues website team. I apologize for the recent login and leagues issues of the past few days. We suffered some server problems following recent Xbox live maintenance and we're only now getting to the bottom of it all. I will try to keep you more informed about such issues in the future.

Game stats (or lack thereof) is currently the highest priority issue my team is working on.

The good news is that stats have been tracked for all games played so far.

The bad news is that there has created a huge backlog of stat data to process (several tens of thousands of games worth) so it will likely be a week or two before the servers have caught up and all stats are available on the website.

I will post again to let everyone know when you can expect to start seeing statistics. It will likely be early next week. Again, thank you for your patience.

Awesome

Top Bottom