• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

JuanMR2

Truelize said:
Well Juan is our first cheeser this year. I haven't played a game that bad in ages. It made the crap that Konex used to do with his 1-3-1 zones seem acceptable.

He scored 102 points in our game and only 12 shots went in from outside the paint. He only used his PG (mainly Arenas on defense)on defence to manually double team my offensive player, so I basically played against the computer the whole game. He would bring the ball up with Arenas and ISOmotion a couple of moves, get some room and go to the basket. It was like playing random people online when Marbury first went to the Knicks. It was just Areanas all day, all the time. And I don't know if there is a slider to fix it but offensive players are really slippery this year. The contact you make with your defensive player doesn't seem to slow down the ball handler much at all.

It was a horrible game and I'm not looking forward to playing if this type of play is going to be accepted.

I am a co-commish this year and if teams do not make an attempt to occasionally play defense then I will have an issue with that. Even Konex started playing better defense last year and he used to be a big abuser of the manually double teaming play.

Things I would like to see.

Wow you complained about our Madden game too, you complain a lot. Arena's scored as many points as your top scorer. And I double teamed a hand full of times when you got the ball down low. You were the one double teaming. Why do you think I had so many open 3's. I hope all the game stats are saved...I have to play my madden game against DCX now...I reply later.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
NBA 2K7 LEAGUE...WE KNOW DRAMA? wtf

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Truelize said:
I am a co-commish this year and if teams do not make an attempt to occasionally play defense then I will have an issue with that. Even Konex started playing better defense last year and he used to be a big abuser of the manually double teaming play.

Things I would like to see.

Oh PLEASE manual double with me. I will burn you to ashes. Just a friendly warning to the newbs :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Its not even the league yet :lol :lol :lol

:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
JuanMR2 said:
Wow you complained about our Madden game too, you complain a lot. Arena's scored as many points as your top scorer. And I double teamed a hand full of times when you got the ball down low. You were the one double teaming. Why do you think I had so many open 3's. I hope all the game stats are saved...I have to play my madden game against DCX now...I reply later.

Well you must have done something in our Madden game that was shunned upon too then. And yes I do complain a lot. I have high standards on how these league games should be played.

But anyways: I use the double team button, you choose not to switch to a different defensive player and just bring Arenas to manually double team. And I only used the double team button cause you would dribble Arenas back and forth and then go straight down the lane. I was even trying to use 1-3-1 to slow down that tactic and it wasn't very successful cause as soon as you are beside a guy in this game (current sliders hopefully we can fine tune it) you are at the hoop. I don't enjoy playing against people that don't play their own defense, I've been harping about this for 4 years now and I'm not gonna stop (so this is not a new complaint at all). If you are not gonna play defense than I might as well be playing the computer. The computer doesn't react the same way that a human defender would so unless I want to try and score with my PG every time down the floor I am not playing against you at all. How is that fun??

And you only hit 12 shots from outside the paint. You missed less than 10. I shot 7 for 34 or something like that. I mean you shot 64% for the game. Wow. Sure I'm using the Bobcats but that is pretty insane and not condusive to taking a lot of outside shots at all.

I did mave 27 points with Morrison cause at the end of the game and down by 25 I just started running and scored a quick 15 with him.

Juan that style of play is considered cheese by the majority of us (sorry my first post came across like I was calling you a cheeser, it was the moment and I was ticked. Sports game do that to me) But we really try to stay away from using the exploits the game has and playing what would be a realist game.
If you want to just ISOmotion until the defense falls asleep and then go to the hole with Arenas 30 times a game then go ahead. I can't stop you. But I'll do my best to play a style so that I can stay with you, that's all.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
NBA 2K7 LEAGUE...WE KNOW DRAMA? wtf

I'm fighting a good fight man. :lol

Down with manually double teaming. Down!!!

What camera is everyone using?? I've been using Iso and I do like it but I wonder if there is another one that gives me an even better view.

Cloudy

Banned
Down with manually double teaming. Down!!!

Why? It's not overpowered this year at all. If someone does that, you have a man open...

PS: I'm using 2k. I'll never use anything else!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Why? It's not overpowered this year at all. If someone does that, you have a man open...

PS: I'm using 2k. I'll never use anything else!

It's not so much the manually double teaming really that is overpowering, it's playing against a computer controlled player that has always bugged me. When I swing the ball to the wing and do a fake or a move and the computer doesn't react at all it's just lame. Might as well being playing offline man. You know I've always harped about this.

I'll have to learn how to keep high-end PGs outta the paint though, I couldn't really do much agaisnt Arenas. And his stats are huge so he's pretty freakin powerful right now.

Cloudy

Banned
True, we had this discussion last year and I'll put up a vote again. I dunno how you can tell folks how to play defense. Do you want folks to control the PG everytime so guys can drive past them to the hoop? When I saw someone abusing their PG in 2k6, the first thing I did was control Kobe instead of the PG :lol

Ok, here are the latest changes. Defaults are in parentheses..

off rebounds - 40 (50)
def rebounds - 60 (50)
defensive awareness - 55 (50)
ball-handling - 45 (50)

The last 2 are a test to limit PG abuse. Let's see how it works. Again, none of these changes are final and we'll vote on every major thing before the league starts...

DM/Cold: There is no fatigue rate slider online. You've just gotta use your bench more I guess..

There is also no slider for game-speed in leagues..

I also bumped down close shots to 59 (default). You can view the leagus sliders by going to the tourney desk...

PS: I'm up for some test games in the tourney lobby tonight after football :)

Matrix

I'll be free to play some test games against anyone at midnight eastern time.

Im busy watching my nephew till then.

btw i don't want to hear ANYONE bitching about not playing man to man on the ball handler in this game unless you are going to guarantee you will never drive to the hole once while a human opponent is covering you. it is nearly impossible to guard. suck it down losers, you'll be playing against the AI or a zone on D against me :D

jobber

it seems I've got past the learning curve
I just beat the Bobcats (CPU) by 60 -_-

g23

European pre-madonna
I'm getting pretty soon when my mom comes back she will have it in her hands :).

Can't wait :)

gt = gino23

JuanMR2

Truelize said:
Well you must have done something in our Madden game that was shunned upon too then
Yeah I threw like a 60 yard pass and you accused me of manual receiver control then paused the game about 4 times to watch the replay. I've never had any complaints in preseason games and the 5 regular season games in the Madden league. I follow the rules of the league to the tee. Oh yeah no complaint is NHL 2k7 League or FN3 Boxing League. I've played you twice and I've been called out both times. How many complaint post do you have in the Madden League Thread?

Truelize said:
But anyways: I use the double team button, you choose not to switch to a different defensive player and just bring Arenas to manually double team. And I only used the double team button cause you would dribble Arenas back and forth and then go straight down the lane.
Well now I know that the double team button is allow only. And almost never switched defenders because after you passed it to Morrison and did a spin, hop step pump then dunk or some crazy move like that. The defender was already out of position by the time you started your move.

Truelize said:
And you only hit 12 shots from outside the paint. You missed less than 10. I shot 7 for 34 or something like that. I mean you shot 64% for the game. Wow. Sure I'm using the Bobcats but that is pretty insane and not condusive to taking a lot of outside shots at all.
I did mave 27 points with Morrison cause at the end of the game and down by 25 I just started running and scored a quick 15 with him.
You had 34 shots because mid-way through the 3rd I was up by like 15 then you started taking a lot of threes. Hence the 3 of 9 from Morrison. And you were 5-15 combined from 3. I took 16. You also had no free throws made I made 10. If I knew you were gonna accuse me of cheesing I would have taken a picture of the shooting chart.

Truelize said:
Juan that style of play is considered cheese by the majority of us (sorry my first post came across like I was calling you a cheeser, it was the moment and I was ticked. Sports game do that to me)
Well Juan is our first cheeser this year
It didn't come across like you called me a cheeser you did Call me a cheeser in the first sentence.

The only thing I could be called out on is not switching defenders as often. And now I know that it's a league rule. There was no need to call me out as a cheeser. The entire game was played as realistic as possible. I had so many wide open jumpers and my paint points came on alley-oops when the double team would come over and leave my Foward or Center wide open for the oop or pass for the dunk. I had a good amount of fast break points. I had wide open path to the hoops just outside the baseline, should I not go to the hoop in the future. And I didn't use the isomotion even remotely as much as you make it sound. But anyway gg, let's play out our series.

Malleymal, can we play at least a game or two tonight? I will be gone almost all of tomorrow and would like to get some games in. Let me know, thanks.

Oh, and I couldn't add you to my friends list because it says your friends list is full.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You know what? Now that I've played a couple of more games online agaisnt some random people I see that Juan did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm sorry dude.

This game just plays really differently. It's like you can't play defense at all. I'm at a loss for words. But I'm worried about how this season will go with it being so easy to just dribble around everyone. You don't even have to use the aggressive button at all you just wiggle the analaog and you go around people.

I played one guy online that never subbed a player off the whole game (so everyone had the red bar beneath them) and just ran around hitting the steal button the whole game. His fatigue seemed to have ZERO effect on his ability to hit shots cause he was still draining threes on the fast break well into the fourth.

So screw it!!! Manually double team, only use the centre on defense, whatever. This is gonna be a learning experience anyways. No more rules

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
There are no rules.

This game is odd though. It worries me. I just played a game against DM and was really doing my best to stay with him and his jump shooting ways but everytime I would try and do something with Gerald Wallace he would just drive the lane for a dunk or a layup. I guess with some players you cant even touch the turbo or they go towards their tendancies. One of the shots I was trying to pull up for a jumper that was barely inside the three point line and he just took off towards the hoop and did some crazy James Worthy layup animation. It was quite impressive but I didn't feel I had anything to do with it at all.

jobber

Truelize said:
There are no rules.

This game is odd though. It worries me. I just played a game against DM and was really doing my best to stay with him and his jump shooting ways but everytime I would try and do something with Gerald Wallace he would just drive the lane for a dunk or a layup. I guess with some players you cant even touch the turbo or they go towards their tendancies. One of the shots I was trying to pull up for a jumper that was barely inside the three point line and he just took off towards the hoop and did some crazy James Worthy layup animation. It was quite impressive but I didn't feel I had anything to do with it at all.

when you get in the paint, use the shot stick <3

I also found out if you use the shot stick for a jumper, it's easier to make a perfect release.

Fifty

I just tested out a game via the tournament lobby against Matrix. I don't know what he thought of it, but I felt it was the best game of 2K7 I've played. First time I've had no real complaints.

The score was 69-63, him..so I'm not saying this because I won. It could have been 1 minute longer and been ok, but at the same time we were the Raps and Rockets.. Anyway, so far so good. It's only one game but it's a great start.

So much of how good a basketball game is is how the players play the game. The sliders are half the battle! The human element (playing sim) is the other half

moowear

i'm down to play a game or two by 12am pst tonight. I'm not very good yet though so just a heads up. gt - o0moowear0o

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
I just tested out a game via the tournament lobby against Matrix. I don't know what he thought of it, but I felt it was the best game of 2K7 I've played. First time I've had no real complaints.

The score was 69-63, him..so I'm not saying this because I won. It could have been 1 minute longer and been ok, but at the same time we were the Raps and Rockets.. Anyway, so far so good. It's only one game but it's a great start.

So much of how good a basketball game is is how the players play the game. The sliders are half the battle! The human element (playing sim) is the other half

Playing sim is the big thing. I played a game against Konex tonight that was awesome. He absolutely killed me with Kobe and 2 point jumpshots. The pace of the game was good, the only thing I'm struggling with right now is staying in front of the ball handler and defensive awareness, but we are gonna raise that a couple of points too.

Morrison hit a three and was fouled by Kobe. 4 points play. And then Mr. Mustachio freakin roofed a three point attempt by #24. :lol It was awesome. Konex wanted to throw up after those two things happened.

Is there any way to practice plays in this game? It seems like all you can do to get them down is stare at the play diagram when selecting a playbook.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Kyoto when do you want to finish our series? I sent you a message yesterday on Xbox Live but you didn't reply. I'll be able to play tonight after 8pm EST and on Monday I can play after 3pm EST.

Matrix

Fifty said:

Yea that was a great game of bball,best game of 2k7 yet.Score was 70-63...I WANT MY ONE PT! :p

Yea as long as your opponent plays sim,these setttings were great.We could actually make outside and mid range shots :eek:

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I want a piece of the Rockets, Matrix. Ive had enough beating the LA Kobes. (43 shots Konex? Come on!!)

Can you play at 5 pm,in 30 mins? I got something to do before then.

Matrix

Ok see ya in the tourney lobby,ill sim you if you sim me!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Hey is there room left in the league / tourney for 1 more? I would like to join if there is :/ Sorry its so late but it was a birthday present from the wife.

Matrix

Air Gordon locked down,Dm cries.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
More like i cry about Ben Wallace missing 7 point blank layups, ugh.

He cant score....BELIEVE!

I would love to get the games done by tonight, if only my opponent would be willing/available to play me. Malleymal, let's get these games done ok? I'll be available tonight after 1030-11 EST, send me a message or something.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Woah woah woah. What's with the online frame rates in this game!?!?? It feels like we're running at give or take 15fps the whole game!??! How terrible is this!?!? I still won 76-67 my first game online but damn. Really really jumpy. Wasn't laggy just frame rates were trash.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I haven't seen any lag online yet.

Just played games 2 and 3 of round 1 against JuanMr2. They were amazing games. The tempo was a bit slow, but I figured out how to change my defensive pressure settings so I was able to actually stay with him all game. These settings seemed really good. I still got out rebounded by a ton but I'm using the Bobcats so I can't expect too much. I really like using them but the amount of offensive weapons they have is pitiful. Morrison can shoot from anywhere, he's freakin deadly. But, after that it's so hit and miss (literally). I tend to shoot fairly early in the shot clock cause I'm so worried about getting a good shot off. Gerald Wallace is an amazing defender but he can't hit a thing, I even miss layups with him. Ugh.

I played my first 3 online games (including my drama queen whinefest agaisnt JuanMr2) without knowing about the defensive pressure settings on the D-pad. The Bobcats default is almost all the way to the left (turned off), so once that was turned up the defensive awareness was pretty nice to watch. I would see players coming to cut off the dribble and the rest of the team would rotate to cover the open spots for helpside. It was really nice.

Well I'm in round 2. Konex you and me. Monday night would be fine for game one. Hit me on AIM and we'll chat.

JuanMR2

Truelize said:
I haven't seen any lag online yet.

Just played games 2 and 3 of round 1 against JuanMr2. They were amazing games. The tempo was a bit slow

Yeah gg, I was trying to go for jumpers the whole games to see how the game played out. It kept the score realistic I guess. What should the rule be on manual rebounding, because I was about to switch after the shot and either rebound or tip in the missed shot fairly often so I stopped doing that just in case.

How about this for shot variety :)
2k7ShotChart.jpg

I'll PM you your shot chart Truelize if you want to check it out.

Top Bottom