• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
POST 2,000!

I'm special.

Fifty

pheeniks said:
I'm about to accept, and in the meantime, anyone wanna scrim? I'm feeling REALLY pissed after losing tonight.

Don't make it worse by losing again! Sometimes it's best to walk away...

olajuwon_nbae_011110.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Don't make it worse by losing again! Sometimes it's best to walk away...

olajuwon_nbae_011110.jpg

:lol

Okay, so I've got a question about shooting online. Are the release points the same as in the actual game (I mean, offline)? Cause it just seems like opponents are always albe to hit insane shots (as in, men in their face, turnaround bankers, etc.) and my guys can't hit even a short midrange jumper. Maybe there's something I've not learned?

Damn, DM...did you get kicked off of XBL? For a change it wasn't me!

It sucks though. WHen we made it to the 4:00 mark of the 4th I was ready to type "good game DM, you played great, we finally played a full game!" but not today :( and it was a close one too....

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Rorschach said:
I can't tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow I can only play after 7 PST. If that's no good, maybe we can work something out for sunday.

Is the deadline tomorrow night still? I've got a Halloween thing to go to.
Either way I guess we can still play it on Sunday.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'll revert a week for you guys to play your game if we advance tomorrow. I understand that people have Halloween partying to do.

gg balla but I have something to ask

is there a reason why wade can't hit ANY of his midrange shots? I felt like that really killed me. I'm not taking anything away from you, but it didn't seem right that antoine walker was making fadeaways and wade wasn't hitting his dead on midrangers. that was just annoying for me, it's a big part of my game and when he can't seem to hit shit that he should, it kills me.

but that was one anticlimatic ending after I got the ball stolen down by 3:lol
I

AkaBalla

Its just about timing with each player.. Some players u need to release early and others late.. the best thing to do is to go into practice mode to figure out each players shots.

AkaBalla said:
ANy1 interested in having a fantasy draft league just for fun? I could create one.

interest +1

Pheeniks, I proposed you a trade for Payton. I would like to get Williams if he's available, but don't know what you would take for him.

ChrisJames said:
interest +1

Pheeniks, I proposed you a trade for Payton. I would like to get Williams if he's available, but don't know what you would take for him.

Eh, I'm not really high on salmons. sorry..

I'll look at other options though, get back to you

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
gg balla but I have something to ask

is there a reason why wade can't hit ANY of his midrange shots? I felt like that really killed me. I'm not taking anything away from you, but it didn't seem right that antoine walker was making fadeaways and wade wasn't hitting his dead on midrangers. that was just annoying for me, it's a big part of my game and when he can't seem to hit shit that he should, it kills me.

but that was one anticlimatic ending after I got the ball stolen down by 3:lol
I

I don't think you are adjusting to the lag (even though it's tiny most times) online. You have to release everyone a touch earlier online that offline.

I popped the league back to week 8 for DM and Malley, So if you guys are looking to play week 10 just hold on till their game is done.
Thanks.

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
ANy1 interested in having a fantasy draft league just for fun? I could create one.

I'm already in one! It's this league :(

Seriously though, while I like the idea..the fact that our deadline is 2 days, there's almost no chance I could handle a SECOND league. I think it's overkill.

DMczaf

Malleymal said:
Are we pulling these dudes from radom laker love fan boards???

Pretty much, this is where the league begins to fall apart. Its like a yearly tradition.

League Begins

League loses a couple of people

Konex fills spots with random douches

League Dies

Wait til next year for next NBA2K game.

Its the ciiiiiiirrrrrrclllllllllleeeeee offfff liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!

Truelize said:
I don't think you are adjusting to the lag (even though it's tiny most times) online. You have to release everyone a touch earlier online that offline.

I popped the league back to week 8 for DM and Malley, So if you guys are looking to play week 10 just hold on till their game is done.
Thanks.

You know what's weird for me, is that I had followed your advice for a while about releasing earlier, but I tried releasing later, and it seems to work. It's strange, I guess maybe our concept of timing's a bit different..as in we're not on the same page, not that I'm insulting you!

Or maybe I'm wrong, my team just can't shoot.

"I think they said I can't shoot. I don't know where they got that from!"
-Dwyane Wade

I guess the Mavericks got a copy of NBA 2k7 early :(

Yeah, what happened with that?

well i talked to az greg about joining the league. he said he planned on buying the game this wednesday coming up. so i asked konex if he would allow az to join because he is a dependable madden player and is around often enough, and konex said yeah he will allow it. then nothing. i don't know if they spoke and then az said he didn't want to join anymore. i'll ask conex when i see him

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Who was i supposed to play that I havent... I want to make up my games,

the 13 hour deadlines for each game have been tough on me and my life

Fifty

Malleymal said:
Who was i supposed to play that I havent... I want to make up my games,

All your games have been played. Konex might have given you a loss if you weren't around for one of them, but you'll have to talk to him (on aim) about that.

Matrix

Who wants to ball?

Matrix

I cant log onto live for some reason >_<

Im going to try again in 15 mins,who ever is in the lobby if I can get in,we will ball.

Matrix

I'm in the lobby now if anyone wants to practice.

Matrix

pheeniks said:
gg matrix

poor shooting FTL :(

GG,but one thing,playing only manual D with Shaq is going to hurt you in the long run.Yao dominated Shaq cause I was able to pull you out and quickly run back into the paint for easy dunks with him.

I also noticed you have gotten much better shooting since that last time we played.

You didnt shoot badly.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i talked to az greg about joining the league. he said he planned on buying the game this wednesday coming up. so i asked konex if he would allow az to join because he is a dependable madden player and is around often enough, and konex said yeah he will allow it. then nothing. i don't know if they spoke and then az said he didn't want to join anymore. i'll ask conex when i see him

Konex told me that AZgreg didn't answer any of his AIM messages. So he found someone else. Konex seems to jump the gun a little too quick sometimes though. And seeing as how Konex has zero GAF access it would have been better if I had sent him a pm and tried to get ahold of him before we got someone else.

And don't worry about the league this time. I mean even Matrix seems relatively happy right now. Everything is running pretty good.

Matrix

Truelize said:
And don't worry about the league this time. I mean even Matrix seems relatively happy right now. Everything is running pretty good.

:lol :lol

I'm a calm person now,havent you noticed how I act in the Madden league :)

Matrix

Anyone up for a game of practice?

Matrix

ewwww ok going into the lobby now.

Matrix said:
GG,but one thing,playing only manual D with Shaq is going to hurt you in the long run.Yao dominated Shaq cause I was able to pull you out and quickly run back into the paint for easy dunks with him.

I also noticed you have gotten much better shooting since that last time we played.

You didnt shoot badly.

Yeah, I know what you're saying about the manual D...I just need to switch elsewhere. Or change something up. It's just that I feel like I am unable to play manual defense vs. every ballhandler, I get burned every single time and it just feels like my defense is always so soft. there's just too much speed and whatever in this game so that playing manual defense with everybody's impossible for me.

Wade's FG percentage did suck:lol

Top Bottom