• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,my main problem when guarding inside is switching fast enough,but like you said Big Z was clanking crap cause he was scared of the great wall of noodles :D I was suprised he wasnt able to pull in many Off rebounds,cause at times I had Lampe as my center.

"I notice you figured out Gordon's shooting release point. And what is with him dunking like that? "

Yea its taken 2 league games and about 7 offline games against people to get it down.I didnt shoot a lot with him the rest of the game since I went on streaks with certain players.I was feeding the hot man and trying to spread the ball around more.I believe I had 4 or 5 people in double digits.

I thought I played decent against Lebron and I saw his stats and he still has a nice game,guy gets his points no matter double or triple teamed.

I was impressed with your game in the sense that you were struggling all game with your shot(unlike that last game we played were you made everything )and you still were able to keep it close till end of the 4th.If that was me I would have been blown out,if im off,im done.

edit- yea I dont bite on jump shots much anymore,so less foul calls :D...all my practice against fifty/and Dm had started to help me in league games.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
True,my main problem when guarding inside is switching fast enough,but like you said Big Z was clanking crap cause he was scared of the great wall of noodles :D I was suprised he wasnt able to pull in many Off rebounds,cause at times I had Lampe as my center.

"I notice you figured out Gordon's shooting release point. And what is with him dunking like that? "

Yea its taken 2 league games and about 7 offline games against people to get it down.I didnt shoot a lot with him the rest of the game since I went on streaks with certain players.I was feeding the hot man and trying to spread the ball around more.I believe I had 4 or 5 people in double digits.

I thought I played decent against Lebron and I saw his stats and he still has a nice game,guy gets his points no matter double or triple teamed.

I was impressed with your game in the sense that you were struggling all game with your shot(unlike that last game we played were you made everything )and you still were able to keep it close till end of the 4th.If that was me I would have been blown out,if im off,im done.

Thanks for the compliment. But I'm really trying to get better at finding easy shots for guys when I get down. I used to just start shooting a lot of threes but that doesn't work for me. If I stick to me gameplan I think I can stay in the game against anyone now. But it's tough when the little runs I did didn't effect you mentally. That was huge man. You didn't get shook at all. Everytime I went for a haymaker and got a lead you came down and hit a floater or a three. The timing of those shots was huge. When Cook got hot that really killed me. Cause I can't go swiping at him and fouling a three point shooter that doesn't make much sense. So I was just hoping you would start missing. And you didn't . I mean you finished the game shooting like 52% and your shot chart shows that you shot from everywhere, you didn't favour a certain spot, didn't go inside too much, it was an awesome game.

Bron is pretty nice though, I'm starting to learn how to get him beside his defender so he can get a decent shot off or a lane to the hoop. It's tough to not over ISOmotion the star players and lose opportunities to score. I noticed you use Tmac in a similar way. If he's open then you know you can hit a certain shot, but if I went to the hole with Bron you stood your ground and came right back and dunked on me too. :).

I know I lost but that was one of the most enjoyable games I've played. I find that as we all get better with the game, they are becoming more and more realistic. There have been times where I have seen something happen while I'm playing that runs exactly like it would have had I been watching a game on TV. That is a huge kudos to 2k sports.
It's very impressive

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
But it's tough when the little runs I did didn't effect you mentally. That was huge man. You didn't get shook at all. Everytime I went for a haymaker and got a lead you came down and hit a floater or a three. The timing of those shots was huge. When Cook got hot that really killed me. Cause I can't go swiping at him and fouling a three point shooter that doesn't make much sense. So I was just hoping you would start missing. And you didn't . I mean you finished the game shooting like 52% and your shot chart shows that you shot from everywhere, you didn't favour a certain spot, didn't go inside too much, it was an awesome game.

Those runs you kept making were messing with my head despite what it looked like :lol I took some risky threes with Cook,he just happened to be in the zone each team you took the lead by 1 or got within a couple.I also think Alston hit one big three from the corner when you cut it to 7 pts and he bumped it back to double digits and you didnt get close again.I was sad that Newble sucked,you are the first person in a while to shut down the NEWBLE TRAIN :(

It really was a great game,it also helps we both play manual D ;)

Fifty

Funny how much demand there is for Marion now, compared to when I wanted to get guys for him. I think it's because week 11 is half done and after week 12...no more moves!

Chris, you've got a lot of offers to check.

edit: I know I said this before, but I will say it again. I wish the trade offers were only visible to the 2 GMs involved. Its not as realistic if we all can see what everyone else is offering. Just a small pet peeve..Im just glad their leagues are so awesome in general.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Funny how much demand there is for Marion now, compared to when I wanted to get guys for him. I think it's because week 11 is half done and after week 12...no more moves!.

No one likes you.

I kid..or maybe I dont

Ok I kid and Im not sure why I did this,hmmm I must be bored

Fifty

Yeah, you must be. Have you consumed your daily amount of paint? Get to it!

That cerulean blue's not gonna drink itself!

Matrix

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Funny how much demand there is for Marion now, compared to when I wanted to get guys for him. I think it's because week 11 is half done and after week 12...no more moves!

Chris, you've got a lot of offers to check.

edit: I know I said this before, but I will say it again. I wish the trade offers were only visible to the 2 GMs involved. Its not as realistic if we all can see what everyone else is offering. Just a small pet peeve..Im just glad their leagues are so awesome in general.

Well I offered a deal to you, but it didn't fit what you needed. Chris's team is pretty weak on scoring threats so he has more needs.

Matrix said:
Those runs you kept making were messing with my head despite what it looked like I took some risky threes with Cook,he just happened to be in the zone each team you took the lead by 1 or got within a couple.I also think Alston hit one big three from the corner when you cut it to 7 pts and he bumped it back to double digits and you didnt get close again.I was sad that Newble sucked,you are the first person in a while to shut down the NEWBLE TRAIN :(

It really was a great game,it also helps we both play manual D ;)

Yeah I knew Newble was your secret weapon and I know how athletic he is so I was waiting for him. :) But you are right, that last big shot that put me back down double digits is what killed me. I came down and missed and you came down and hit another shot and then it was 13 and I was done. I even had that one steal and breakaway that you blocked with Yao. That moment was like watching a game!!! That was the one that stands out. I was like "you have got to be kidding me". It's like Yao thought he was Hakeem all of a sudden and got the block from behind. That play was so much like a block that Hakeem had back in the day on Kevin Johnson (I think- I know that play is in all of his highlight discs).

Fifty

Truelize said:
Chris's team is pretty weak on scoring threats so he has more needs.

Your latest offer is a joke. There's no way he can survive without 6th man of the year Corliss Williamson!

Truelize said:
Good old "Big Nasty" :D

Haha Corliss Williamson, I'd be more than happy to get rid of him (I probably shouldn't say anymore about him as it will only decrease his trade value :lol ).

I'll have to check out these offers and I'll get on AIM true. my s/n is CTennisgod3 (and no, I'm not a huge religious freak or anything, it's supposed to be tennisgod like I'm awesome at tennis get it?).

Matrix

Truelize said:
I even had that one steal and breakaway that you blocked with Yao. That moment was like watching a game!!! That was the one that stands out. I was like "you have got to be kidding me". It's like Yao thought he was Hakeem all of a sudden and got the block from behind. That play was so much like a block that Hakeem had back in the day on Kevin Johnson (I think- I know that play is in all of his highlight discs).

:lol

That was classic and yea Hakeem blocked KJ.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
gg FMT, you'll see alot more zone from me next time we play

I had limited success running that against you in the 4th but by then it was too late.

and good god, telfair missing the wide open game tying layup in the fourth killed my morale

it was THAT type of game for me, horrible

yeah gg. garnett missed a couple easy ones too but he more than made up for it cause there wasn't anything i could do to stop him.

on a related subject, why did you intentionally foul me with 14 seconds left? :lol i figured maybe you accidentally called it, cause you were right back in the same position the next time i got the ball. unless you were banking on me missing with ford like i did in the first half :X

Matrix

:lol

I learned a lot Fifty.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
on a related subject, why did you intentionally foul me with 14 seconds left? :lol i figured maybe you accidentally called it, cause you were right back in the same position the next time i got the ball. unless you were banking on me missing with ford like i did in the first half :X

I was hoping you'd miss a free throw and I could get the last shot of the game.

Didn't exactly work out that way though ... :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
*tries to get out of the log jam for 2nd place*

the Jobber Train is coming for you Shaq

WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO

jobber

pheeniks said:
My team's on a one game winning streak!

I'll take it easy on you. You gave me Doleac for Rasho. Perhaps the best trade ever in the history of NBA2K Online League history!

and I'm dead serious.

jobber said:
I'll take it easy on you. You gave me Doleac for Rasho. Perhaps the best trade ever in the history of NBA2K Online League history!

and I'm dead serious.

My locker room misses Doleac's humor :(

Actually for one game, the best trade I made was Davis for Foye. Holy shit, can Foye shoot. Except that in his last game he went 1-10....which makes me uneasy about the Spurs. Who's Bruce gonna guard huh??? Who gets THE BLANKET?

jobber

pheeniks said:
My locker room misses Doleac's humor :(

Actually for one game, the best trade I made was Davis for Foye. Holy shit, can Foye shoot. Except that in his last game he went 1-10....which makes me uneasy about the Spurs. Who's Bruce gonna guard huh??? Who gets THE BLANKET?

I don't use Bowen much. He was up for trade actually....well until my last game. He shut Kobe down every time I put him in the game. I might have Bruce guard Wade and Manu guard Shaq. I'll have Shaq fouled out before the half.

jobber said:
I don't use Bowen much. He was up for trade actually....well until my last game. He shut Kobe down every time I put him in the game. I might have Bruce guard Wade and Manu guard Shaq. I'll have Shaq fouled out before the half.

You shall not flop. I have a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh weapon in Foye, Wells, hors d'oeuvres 15 footer, jwill, and JASON KAPONO

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DaddyZ said:
Konex is a geek....who puts FF12 on the main page?!

I was thinking of taking that down. It's just sadness.

I mean the NBA starts today and he puts up FFXII

Daddyz I think that avatar is too big man. Better what that size. :D

Zep

Banned
Truelize said:

Take that shit down and put a pic of A.I

And yes..FMT gave me that avy. If you right click and view image you'll see jgar naked.

Hey True, I understand that Vumpler got booted from the league from being a flake. Who do I play for the Pistons matchup from last week? I let Konex know I was leaving on vacation the other week so hopefully he filled you in.

I'm back from Mexico Zep, lets get it on tonight!! Sometime this evening (PST) would work just fine for me!!

Lakers play tonight? I thought it was Thursday?!?

Tonight is going to be a little crazy. Madden and NBA leagues, FF12, Laker game, laundry!??!? There are not enough hours in the day!!

EDIT- Cool for 9:30 PST

Matrix

Truelize said:

Take it down dude,wtf this a bball league.

After much deliberation, I have decided to accept Houston's offer of Gordon/Nocioni for Marion/Parker.

I really think this is the move I need to make to get that coveted 8th spot in the playoffs :)

Matrix

I think we need one more Commish,one that would have pulled that shit down right away.

Sweet thanks Chris.

Fifty

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

*jumps off bridge*

I'm doing this because I play Matrix a ton, and he didn't NEED Gordon and he never even used Nooch! He started a cut scrub by the name of (Ilove)Lampe over the 84 rated Nocioni. Oh god....he just got a top 10 player, I'm ****ed.

Matrix

Fifty said:
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

*jumps off bridge*

I'm doing this because I play Matrix a ton, and he didn't NEED Gordon and he never even used Nooch! He started a cut scrub by the name of (Ilove)Lampe over the 84 rated Nocioni. Oh god....he just got a top 10 player, I'm ****ed.

Our games will be fun,trust me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix, stop your boyfriend from messaging me about your trades. They will get approved when either Konex or I are in front of a computer. :lol.
Sorry I don't have a blackberry to take care of your trades guys. :D

*And I agree with Fifty. That was a bad trade by Chris. You gave up a third option in scoring and a bench player that you rarely used to get a top 5 guy. :lol Laughable*

*It's not as bad as the ripoff job that Fifty gave him to get Artest and Bibby though. :D*

ChrisJames is the Isiah Thomas of NeoGaf Season 1

Fifty

Truelize said:
Matrix, stop your boyfriend from messaging me about your trades. 1

Oh, it's on now!

I only cared because I knew Parker was coming my way as soon as it went through. :lol Parker must hate me by now.

30 minutes till tipoff!...actually, I bet the ring ceremony will delay the game by about 15 minutes..

Matrix

Truelize said:
Matrix, stop your boyfriend from messaging me about your trades. They will get approved when either Konex or I are in front of a computer. :lol.
Sorry I don't have a blackberry to take care of your trades guys. :D

*And I agree with Fifty. That was a bad trade by Chris. You gave up a third option in scoring and a bench player that you rarely used to get a top 5 guy. :lol Laughable*

*It's not as bad as the ripoff job that Fifty gave him to get Artest and Bibby though. :D*

ChrisJames is the Isiah Thomas of NeoGaf Season 1

Fifty aimed you? I never told him too :lol I aimed you once and you never responded so I asked Konex on the 2k site.

It was just as good as what you offered him and some would think better.Just cause I didnt use Nooch dosent mean Chris wont and Gordon is sick in this game and everyone knows that.Its not my fault I play better with some scrubs *newble,lampe* than I do with better players.

Fifty is really just pissed cause I can score and play well with low ranked bums.

You can call me the Isiah Thomas of this league all you want, he was a hell of a player and as a Pistons fan I don't mind that moniker. Also, the season's only 1/3 over and I still think I will finish over .500, in fact I think I will finish 18-14 after looking at my schedule.

Ben Gordon is sick in this game, as Matrix stated. I scored 18 pts. in one 4 min. qtr. with him and that was my first time ever using him in this game. Along with that, I don't really care for Anthony Parker in this game and think that Nooch will be an effective defender and will put in a few buckets too. I really have nothing to lose, it can only go up from here!

Matrix said:
Fifty is really just pissed cause I can score and play well with low ranked bums.

JASON KAPONO

Gary Payton is on the block, like crazy. Needed, a PG that can shoot...or whatever you feel like offering, I'll look at everything.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
You can call me the Isiah Thomas of this league all you want, he was a hell of a player and as a Pistons fan I don't mind that moniker. Also, the season's only 1/3 over and I still think I will finish over .500, in fact I think I will finish 18-14 after looking at my schedule.

Ben Gordon is sick in this game, as Matrix stated. I scored 18 pts. in one 4 min. qtr. with him and that was my first time ever using him in this game. Along with that, I don't really care for Anthony Parker in this game and think that Nooch will be an effective defender and will put in a few buckets too. I really have nothing to lose, it can only go up from here!

:lol You must be a Detroit fan cause your words remind me of Rasheed Wallace :lol

Truelize said:
:lol You must be a Detroit fan cause your words remind me of Rasheed Wallace :lol

:lol :lol Yeah, on second thought that was a little brash :)

I don't mean to sound like a dick, I'm just getting a little defensive. It's all part of the stress that comes with a 2-9 start to any season.

I love you guys (except that snitch jobber) [group hug].

Edit: and what the hell is it with these emoticons, they are strangely addicting...

Edit Edit: Did anybody else just see that putback by Tyrus Thomas!?

Top Bottom