• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

AkaBalla

ColdBlooded33 said:
the 3 trade limit should work well next season

Like a mentioned before a untradable list would be better. Here's an example of the players in another league we refrain from trading . (meaning they are off limits)

Clippers - Brand, Maggette, Cassell
Raptors - Bosh, MoPete
Wolves - KG, Davis
Bobcats - Okafor, Felton, Wallace
Magic - Howard, Hill
Wizards - Arenas, Jamison
Bucks - Redd, Bogut
Kings - Bibby, Artest
Sixers - Iverson, Webber, Korver
Nets - Carter, Jefferson, Kidd
Sonics - Allen, Lewis
Celtics - Pierce
Suns - Amare, Nash, Marion
Lakers - Kobe, Odom
Spurs - Duncan, Ginobli
Pacers - Oneal, Jackson
Heat - Oneal, Wade
Mavs - Dirk, Terry
Knicks - Marbury, Frye
Pistons - Rip, R. Wallace, Billups
Rockets - TMac, Yao
Cavs - James, Iggy
Grizzlies - Gasol, Miller
Bulls - Gordan, Hinrich, B. Wallace
Blazers - Randolph, Miles
Jazz - AK
Nuggetts - Anthony, Camby, KMart

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nah, i think thats a little too control-ish. I mean i think that if say someone wants to trade Lebron for Wade, and it works for both party's, why not? If its even, and its 1 of the 3 trades allowed, it should be good.

But overall, i think the trades need to be looked over more and have some sort of approving system

AkaBalla

Well with having any player on the block is kind of a fantasy league basiaclly.. When u limit players that can be traded then whoever selects a team needs to know that they will need to build around the untradables.. Not just taking a team because Wade's shot in the game sucks so i'll trade him for Lebron w/ Shaq.

There are alot of role players that are very good in this game. And many of the players traded in this league so far Marion, Bibby, Artest to name a few would not be getting traded that frequently. I know i've done some of the most trading here but i never Let PP34 go..

I think this would be the best way to keep it fair and sim. SO teams dont trade and then end up with an Allstar team when they started with a sub par team from the beginning. IMO

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
And many of the players traded in this league so far Marion, Bibby, Artest to name a few would not be getting traded that frequently. I know i've done some of the most trading here but i never Let PP34 go..

I think this would be the best way to keep it fair and sim.[ SO teams dont trade and then end up with an Allstar team when they started with a sub par team from the beginning.IMO

Jealousy! :lol I agree that Shawn Marion wouldn't have been traded twice in the season..but I'm not sure what Cold is looking for. Konex would have you believe there's already an approval system...Him and True. There was voting for the first major trade (one of mine) but I think since it took so long to get votes, it turned into a commish approval system.

AkaBalla

Yea.. Either way for me is fine. If i drafted the Heat i wouldnt let Shaq nor Wade go, the Cavs i wouldnt trade Lebron, the Lakers Kobe etc... Just might be fair to keep parity in the league. If we have the last pick of the league select a team with trading bait that will mak him have a top contending team ttalent wise then whats the point in having a team draft? Look at the Raptors actually.. other than Bosh and maybe Peterson u made an allstar team..:) You get the point?

So is anyone actually going to play their games tonight?

I know there's only 3 games left to be played and I don't want to be a dick, but I was hoping to get my next game in soon because I'm going home either tomorrow night or sat. morning.

Fifty

Well for the first season we didn't exactly have a "team draft"..most people got to use their favorite team. I made a mistake in taking what I thought was a great offer by Shawn in trading Bosh, and after I realized that was a bad move I just set out to create my ideal team and one that could contend against stronger teams. I'm not ashamed of that, even if Conservative Malley shuns all trade activity.

But still, as I said on the league board, I support season 2 restrictions. Season 2 is a long way away though, and in 24 hours all trades will be done.

AkaBalla

Yep i agree u had to do what u needed to fix your mistakes of the blockbuster deal u thought u made. Step 1 is if we elimate the blockbuster's we wouldnt run into this plm? just trading Role players could make a difference and have basiaclly every team a contender?

I'm not against any of the trades that happened were all grown men here but i feel for some who dont like trading much and i understand there frustration... The Homer's of the league of course.....:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
And the commish approval system has worked fine. If I was really monitoring the trades I would have never let it get started the way it did.

The Gordon trade was absolutely horrible but Konex and I are not here to babysit.

ChrisJames has turned his team into crap. They are now rated 54 offensively. There is no team in this game rated that low at default settings. If someone wants to offer a deal that looks absolutely retarded I am not gonna protect them from their own mistakes (the deal that went down last night between Konex and MrJuan). Horrible deal but Juan offered it. I couldn't stop that deal because I didn't think it was fair when DM who is leading the league got a top 10 player for a guard that has been traded like 4 times since.

If you guys want the trading toned down for next season then I am totally cool with that. I don't like the way things got started but since I have to play against these teams now that are super stacked I figured I would try to find some players that I meshed with better too. Honestly the trading part has been so much fun, I was quite disappointed that I didn't get the Marion deal (even though I offered a better trade). I am very excited with my new squad and the balance I had for my bench now.

I don't like an untradeable list at all though either. If someone wants to deal a star player and is getting a star player in return then that's fine with me. But giving two bench players for a 96 rated PF is not cool at all.

One rule that I do plan on putting into effect (Konex has agreed that this is a good idea for next season too) is that a player can only be traded ONCE per season. It's a rule in the NBA and it should be a rule here too.

Maybe we put a limit on trades cause then people would think more about deals. But I think if Fifty and Cold would have known they were stuck with the players they got after their first deals then the trades wouldn't have been like this.

Do you guys agree with that? Player can only be traded once per year?

AkaBalla

Truelize said:
Do you guys agree with that? Player can only be traded once per year?

No i dont.. if they dont fit then ur stuck with that player? Not a good idea..Thats not really a NBA rule they have to wait a minimumof like 30 days or something before they get traded again.. It all depends on the trading clause's in the contract..

On another note it would be the shit if we could use salary caps from each team as they appear on the real life salary caps and use there trade exceptions and such. That could help as well.. But it may be a headache..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
No i dont.. if they dont fit then ur stuck with that player? Not a good idea..Thats not really a NBA rule they have to wait a minimumof like 30 days or something before they get traded again.. It all depends on the trading clause's in the contract..

On another note it would be the shit if we could use salary caps from each team as they appear on the real life salary caps and use there trade exceptions and such. That could help as well.. But it may be a headache..

Really I thought you would like that rule. And I thought it was a 3 month thing before they could get traded again. That's why teams trade for a guy and then waive them cause they can't be traded again till the following season etc...

And if you really want a player then go into practice mode and see if you like them. Play an online scrimmage with someone, test that player out. Teams have scouts and they do their homework. Teams don't experiment like we have done.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I dunno about untradeable lists, but maybe no one could trade for another player that's more than 6 or so points away from their total rating. So multiplayer trades would compare top rated then next rated and so on. Maybe you could also say the total ratings difference can't be more than 11 or something like that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
Yea nothing like walking into the Meadowlands and seeing baron davis in a nets jersey bricking up threes....

yeah we know you don't it. We know. :D

Cerrius: looks like we will have to play tomorrow. Let me know when you can play though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
uh...you can trade a player in the NBA in less that 30 days after getting him. Remember Sheed? Got traded to the Hawks, played 1 game, then got delt to the Pistons.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
yeah we know you don't it. We know. :D

Cerrius: looks like we will have to play tomorrow. Let me know when you can play though.

I'll be available pretty much all of today. contact me when you're ready

Zep

Banned
I wouldnt trade my star play....oh wait CB did that already in the begining :-/ He has some nerve talkin about this!

Kidd wouldve always been expendable because I had Marcus Wi....oh wait, he got traded also.

jobber

Cerrius said:
dirty disc error, me and truelize tried numerous times to play but it happened everytime within a minute of the game starting.

the announcers go silent and the game would freeze shortly after.

use toothpaste.

jobber

who the deuce changed the schedule??????????????????

i thought i had the nuggets next now i play the suns o_O

edit: i guess no one did...still odd..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey guys if you notice that your fatigue isn't registering please quit the game and ask for a reset. Cerrius and I just played and the fatigue wasn't working, for some stupid reason we just decided to get the game over with (cause we had so much trouble earlier I was worried we would reset and then it wouldn't work or something). But without the fatigue that game is just way too fast.

GG though Cerrius. I need a ton of practice.

I have not played anyone yet in this league or even random people online that can shoot like you were (sure fatigue was messed so that had a ton to do with it I imagine). Hopefully I can give you more of a challenge next time.

Pheeniks: are you around for our league game in a bit here?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt want to get our week 13 game on!?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok,time to lose in another sports game to you!

Going on now.

Matrix

GG Fmt.

The lag was a little annoying,but it was still playable.

We both bricked too many shots *sigh*

Truelize said:
Hey guys if you notice that your fatigue isn't registering please quit the game and ask for a reset. Cerrius and I just played and the fatigue wasn't working, for some stupid reason we just decided to get the game over with (cause we had so much trouble earlier I was worried we would reset and then it wouldn't work or something). But without the fatigue that game is just way too fast.

GG though Cerrius. I need a ton of practice.

I have not played anyone yet in this league or even random people online that can shoot like you were (sure fatigue was messed so that had a ton to do with it I imagine). Hopefully I can give you more of a challenge next time.

Pheeniks: are you around for our league game in a bit here?

I don't think I'll be able to play this game till really late, like maybe 1 or 2 AM CT. If not, I'll be around for most of tomorrow. You?

Fifty

I had a good game against Juan, but I'm sorry to say that things aren't looking bright.

My past 9 games

W
W
W
L
L
L
W
W
W
__Next game

see a pattern? I need to give the 2K Gods an offering of two goats to appease them before I lose 3 in a row again.

P.S: Juan, I'm sorry man..Sorry for your 45 rated D! I'll give you credit though, you made it a lot harder than it seemed on paper. Maybe it was partially because I'm not used to this (final) version of my team, but I think you did a good job. Too many missed 3's were your downfall, but you sure have a dangerous pair of shooters in Ray and Wally. No matter how many you missed, they always had me scared.

bluemax

Banned
Ugh, I hate how no team in this league has a roster remotely resembling their real roster. I hate how everyone I play seems to have a balanced lineup and I can't even get another shooter. I hate how I turn the ball over too much because I'm still new to these controls. I hate how I get perfect releases left and right during practice and can't hit jack during games.

Sigh. I'm so bad at this game.

AkaBalla

bluemax said:
Ugh, I hate how no team in this league has a roster remotely resembling their real roster. I hate how everyone I play seems to have a balanced lineup and I can't even get another shooter.

I think Utah is the only team that hasnt made trades

jobber

uh...you do know it's a bit of lag with online play. you gotta release the shot a bit early.

jobber said:
uh...you do know it's a bit of lag with online play. you gotta release the shot a bit early.

Actually, I can't even hit "perfect shots" in practice. With Jason Williams, I missed like 10 threes in a row with 'perfect' release, and he was right up there at the three point line. Then I released later than usual, still in "perfect" release zone, and he started hitting them. Is there a perfect release inside a perfect release?

Or I'm thinking that with better 3pt shooters, they can be released earlier. Is that the case? I've noticed that in practice...

Top Bottom