• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't like all the trades either but nuffin we can do about it now!

I blame it all on Dm and Cb.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jesus h christ...who in the blue hell let the suns player in this league -_-

Yeah it was about time!! There was no way I could go four staright games with someone complaining. Thanks for putting us back on track Jobber. Hoorahh!!! :lol

Jobber said:
every ****in thing you would run into in a random game.

Way to quantify a false statement there!! Really strong case!!

Basically my half court traps, 1-3-1, 2-3 zone combinations along with strategic doubles on Duncan and Parker gave him fits all game. In my constant aim to get the game fast(like real life), I turned on the traps because Jobber wanted to walk the ball up every play. Maybe he thought I manually doubled at half court, but it was the defensive set doing the work. My fast break points along with Bosh and Stoudamire abusing his stiff front court gave me all the points I needed to come out on top. This is a non-story!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I got Shawn week 14,I'll be sure to bitch unless I win :p

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:

Basically my half court traps, 1-3-1, 2-3 zone combinations along with strategic doubles on Duncan and Parker gave him fits all game. In my constant aim to get the game fast(like real life), I turned on the traps because Jobber wanted to walk the ball up every play. Maybe he thought I manually doubled at half court, but it was the defensive set doing the work. My fast break points along with Bosh and Stoudamire abusing his stiff front court gave me all the points I needed to come out on top. This is a non-story!!

Is your team sponsored by
go_01.jpg
??????

jobber

Shawnwhann said:

wtf

Am I suppose to hit the turbo every time I go up court? I was trying to set up offensive plays man. The full court passes and the constant shooting 3s on fast breaks did me in. I don't even want to play you next time. Give me the L.

at the half you had 46 points. 30 were in the paint -_-

dsc01305ef2.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DaddyZ said:
:lol

Here we go againnnnn.........

But it's the truth. It's just tough cause Shawn likes the way he plays the game and thinks he is playing it the right way. And it's not the GAF way at all.

DCX

DCX
Cerrius, hit me, we play a game this week. When is good for you? I work tonight until 11PM est, we can probably get in a game after that, i'm free in the AMs....i work 3-11pm est. Let me know. AIM : DreamcastKC

DCX

jobber

Truelize said:
But it's the truth. It's just tough cause Shawn likes the way he plays the game and thinks he is playing it the right way. And it's not the GAF way at all.

yea...if we were playing College Hoops I could understand cause college teams press the whole game sometimes, but trapping me with a double team right on the half court line then taking control of a defender in the passing lane isn't NBA style.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
yea...if we were playing College Hoops I could understand cause college teams press the whole game sometimes, but trapping me with a double team right on the half court line then taking control of a defender in the passing lane isn't NBA style.

That is 100% complete cheese. You might see an NBA team do that once or twice a year maybe. NBA players get tired. They are not all young stallions.
I've never ever seen Nash dog the ball. Heck he barely stays in front of the guy that has the ball.

Truelize said:
That is 100% complete cheese. You might see an NBA team do that once or twice a year maybe. NBA players get tired. They are not all young stallions.
I've never ever seen Nash dog the ball. Heck he barely stays in front of the guy that has the ball.

QFT

It's not like we're asking you not to play good defense, but this game's offensive AI is pretty stupid at times. The other four players don't react well to the single player getting trapped, and you can't control players off the ball fast in time, so trapping and controlling another guy in the passing lanes is abusing an exploit.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
DCX said:
Cerrius, hit me, we play a game this week. When is good for you? I work tonight until 11PM est, we can probably get in a game after that, i'm free in the AMs....i work 3-11pm est. Let me know. AIM : DreamcastKC

DCX

I can't play after 11pm EST.

Are you available tommorrow after 4pm EST?

Fifty

I won't be able to start my games later than 11:30 PM (eastern) from here on out on weekdays due to my having to get up early now (boo) So just a heads up for those who play me.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Just a quick heads-up: I'm going to be out of town on business for a few days starting tomorrow (Orlando wheeee), and I am not packin' the ol' 360 cross-country. So for obvious reasons, I won't be able to play until I'm back on Friday.

Glad I skipped over this thread during the weekend. Instead of responding to the latest fodder, I'm going to pass altogether. While I wont completely agree with Jobber's characterization of our game, I understand his perspective on some of the points he talks about.

Given the feedback over the last few weeks, I'll make this promise. If anyone else has a completely negative critique about my style of play from now on, I will drop out the league. Despite the posturing and trashtalking, I do not want to take away people's enjoyment of the game at all. So there you go...

Hit me up on AIM Matrix to talk about the scheduling of our game. My situation is a little complicated over the next couple of days. Thanks

jobber

advance already. I need to take my anger out from the last game on someone.

AkaBalla

I guess "JackMe Nets" arent playing tonight becuae he doesnt have his Xbox with his "Jackme self".. Will be seeing u at 11pm sharp Fiddy.........

Malley, we're scheduled to play for our next game. I know that you often travel because of your job, so when would be a good time for us to play? tonight (after league is advanced)? let me know.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ChrisJames said:
Malley, we're scheduled to play for our next game. I know that you often travel because of your job, so when would be a good time for us to play? tonight (after league is advanced)? let me know.

I pretty much done on the road, I will hit you up tomorrow for the game playboy..

Fifty

Yes it was. That game was a FT shooting clinic, on both sides..you get mega points for hitting 3 in a row to send it to OT.

I finally win an OT game!

That's 4 in a row for the Raptors...and guess what? I'm at .500! :lol My masterplan has paid off.

Fifty said:
Yes it was. That game was a FT shooting clinic, on both sides..you get mega points for hitting 3 in a row to send it to OT.

I finally win an OT game!

That's 4 in a row for the Raptors...and guess what? I'm at .500! :lol My masterplan has paid off.

I'm on my first ever winning streak! :lol

jobber

don't hate me if I rape the Nuggets plz

blue is in #ga but he's not around tonight!

jobber

jobber said:
don't hate me if I rape the Nuggets plz

blue is in #ga but he's not around tonight!

just so I don't look like a douche bag

I used offensive plays the whole 1st half and played the bench the whole 4th quarter but I never changed the D!

that suns loss was a fluke I tell ya... A FLUKE

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game is kinda stupid when it's easier to shoot with Jason Kapano then it is with Lebron James or Mo Pete.

I know 2k wanted to put all these signature animations, but maybe they should have created a bigger sweet spot for some of these player's release points cause it's almost impossible to shoot well with some of the key players in this game.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
This game is kinda stupid when it's easier to shoot with Jason Kapano then it is with Lebron James or Mo Pete.

I know 2k wanted to put all these signature animations, but maybe they should have created a bigger sweet spot for some of these player's release points cause it's almost impossible to shoot well with some of the key players in this game.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol You now see what i have been bitching about since day one :p

DCX

Top Bottom