• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
my gawd that was an ugly game

gg DCX

i hope we play in the playoffs
Yeah ugly...i was kinda distracted, sorry about the pause, little family drama @ 1 am is always good :p offensive rebounds and turnovers killed me...of course i go back to not being able to knock down jumpers...i hope we do meet in the playoffs.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
hey, he can holla at 6 million people if he wants (a 'hollacaust', if you will), as long as he gets back at me in time. I didn't specify any order, young buck.

There must be order. Order in the court.

Rorschach

holla.jpg

Fifty

Mr White UT, any chance we can play before the deadline? I don't know if you'll be home tonight, but if you are able to play late I can do it. Tell me what time(s) work for you and we'll see.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I haven't even see DM post in here since Gears came out. :D I really think we should have just extended last weeks deadline so that people can fit in all the Gears of War excitement and then have time this weekend to get playing their league games again.

Fifty

Truelize said:
I haven't even see DM post in here since Gears came out. :D I really think we should have just extended last weeks deadline so that people can fit in all the Gears of War excitement and then have time this weekend to get playing their league games again.

I concur. The amount of people every night (it'll only increase over the weekend) playing Gears on my friends list is staggering. I think changing the schedule slightly would have been good, but you're commish and I'm not! Is this a Konex dictatorship?!

Fifty said:
I concur. The amount of people every night (it'll only increase over the weekend) playing Gears on my friends list is staggering. I think changing the schedule slightly would have been good, but you're commish and I'm not! Is this a Konex dictatorship?!

Amen. I can't even play quick matches anymore...because everyone is playing freaking Gears of War!

Including me:lol

DMczaf

Truelize said:

I was studying and in class most of the day Thursday, I was around Wednesday but I guess you weren't. Lets get this game done!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:
Matrix,
when can you play our game?

I have my nephew and sis over till midnight.

I'm free to play anytime tomorrow night,its up to you.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
[23:47] Hitokage: sports fans
[23:47] Hitokage: KONEX WILL BE UNBANNED IN ONE HOUR

Cloudy

Banned
Yah the stats thru week 5 are in. And current games will have stats from now on. Home games are being listed as @ (hometeam) though. Pretty sloppy and I've already reported that in the sticky thread at 2ksports...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
I was studying and in class most of the day Thursday, I was around Wednesday but I guess you weren't. Lets get this game done!

Yeah I know you told me your schedule was pretty busy this week. It's no problem. I was playing Gears co-op (split screen) on Wednesday so I wasn't available, but I still didn't see you on at all.

Will tomorrow night work for you? I have to work 10-5 tomorrow (mountain time).

Welcome back Konex.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Got my 360 back Konex, so if you guys need me to fill in for someone let me know. Due to work it might be a little tougher to get in games on weekends, But it should still be ok

AkaBalla

ColdBlooded33 said:
Got my 360 back Konex, so if you guys need me to fill in for someone let me know. Due to work it might be a little tougher to get in games on weekends, But it should still be ok

Take over the Suns

Zep

Banned
Ok, my fault about missing the last 2 games...I've been home and should be heading back to school today...So that's when i'll make my games up.

DCX

DCX
DaddyZ said:
Ok, my fault about missing the last 2 games...I've been home and should be heading back to school today...So that's when i'll make my games up.
Who knows if they will let you make it up...i had a game against you and Cerrius...i got win via coin toss against you and a loss against Cerrius..i rather lose both games by blowout then have them result this way...i'm a stat whore. :D

DCX

DaddyZ said:

I'll be back to play our game tomorrow evening...if not, Monday evening. Can you? Sorry, schedule's tight as hell this weekend.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Konex really wants to make sure we are all playing our games on time (losing by cointoss is hopefully enough to make people play). We get to this point in the season every year and all the November games start hitting and people stop playing their league games. I have zero problem with reverting the schedule so people can play their games. But when DCX had asked I was heading out for the day and wasn't gonna leave the league reverted for a whole day.
If you look at what has happened the last two weeks there have been more games being missed than earlier in the season.

I really hope everyone will get back on schedule this weekend and we can keep rolling. I was seriously pumped on Thursday for my game against DM but I never saw him online and was left wanting :)

Dsal and DM: I'm working till 5 mountain time and will be available to play my games after 6. Hit me here (pm me) and lets set something up.

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
Given the feedback over the last few weeks, I'll make this promise. If anyone else has a completely negative critique about my style of play from now on, I will drop out the league. Despite the posturing and trashtalking, I do not want to take away people's enjoyment of the game at all. So there you go...

Well unless he breaks promise's, He had to hear a few words from me in our game the other day and no this wasnt positive gameplay. Enough said.......

So it looks like CB can grab the Suns unless homeboy breaks his promise..

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
Given the feedback over the last few weeks, I'll make this promise. If anyone else has a completely negative critique about my style of play from now on, I will drop out the league. Despite the posturing and trashtalking, I do not want to take away people's enjoyment of the game at all. So there you go...

Well unless he breaks promise's, He had to hear a few words from me in our game the other day and no this wasnt positive gameplay. Enough said.......

Check it our guys...

Aka and I are playing right, and I am thinking everything is going fine. The game was pretty competitive and things are good. All of a sudden Aka starts throwing half court passes and starts playing like a random quick match. I pause the game to turn to put on my headset, and I ask what is he doing. He accuses me of pressing with my point guard to get easy steals, and I am like WHOA are you talking about? He proceeds to go on this tirade talking about how I am a cheeser cursing and being anything but civil. "You're going to quit the league after this game" and all this trash talk. I can't talk to a man like that, so I unplug my mic. After the game, I am trying to IM him to find out what he was complaining about. He proceeds with "I'm like **** it..I wont make it public blah blah blah" I tell him I dont care but I want to understand your beef.

At the end of this, I am 100% convinced that his agenda was to make sure I had to live up to my promise I made. It's obvious he does not want me in the league, and he is trying to make sure I quit. If he did not act like your everyday hoodlum cursing me out, I would drop. But I am not going to go out like that from a guy that handles his business like that. Game on!!

Aka said:
Aka = No compliants in 2 seasons in GAf with NBA..

Shawn = 5-6 compliants in 13 games...

Sure you've got me there..

Aka said:

I was expecting a **** you or eat shit based off of the sailor talk I heard from the last game. Like True has said, I am getting used to the do's and dont's of the league. If you would have articulated your issues in a respectful manner when we talked, we could have easily resolved the conflict. It would be one thing if I repeated kept doing the things that pissed people off, but I have listend to feedback and adjusted my game as we have gone along. Like I IM'd you, you were expecting and looking for cheese and your interpretation of anything borderline questionable led you to have a self fulfilling prophecy.

Shawnwhann said:
Check it our guys...

Aka and I are playing right, and I am thinking everything is going fine. The game was pretty competitive and things are good. All of a sudden Aka starts throwing half court passes and starts playing like a random quick match. I pause the game to turn to put on my headset, and I ask what is he doing. He accuses me of pressing with my point guard to get easy steals, and I am like WHOA are you talking about? He proceeds to go on this tirade talking about how I am a cheeser cursing and being anything but civil. "You're going to quit the league after this game" and all this trash talk. I can't talk to a man like that, so I unplug my mic. After the game, I am trying to IM him to find out what he was complaining about. He proceeds with "I'm like **** it..I wont make it public blah blah blah" I tell him I dont care but I want to understand your beef.

At the end of this, I am 100% convinced that his agenda was to make sure I had to live up to my promise I made. It's obvious he does not want me in the league, and he is trying to make sure I quit. If he did not act like your everyday hoodlum cursing me out, I would drop. But I am not going to go out like that from a guy that handles his business like that. Game on!!

He's not the only one. I guess I am an everyday hoodlum as well.

I feel like we're playing with Jerramy Stevens or something.

Pheeniks said:
He's not the only one. I guess I am an everyday hoodlum as well.

This guy again....If you read my post, I made that reference to point to the fact that he went all ballistic with the cursing. How about you quit instigating dude!!

Shawnwhann said:
This guy again....If you read my post, I made that reference to point to the fact that he went all ballistic with the cursing. How about you quit instigating dude!!

Uh, I guess "this guy" will make himself clear. "This guy" doesn't want you in this league.

No cursing there, got anymore problems?

Pheeniks said:
Uh, I guess "this guy" will make himself clear. "This guy" doesn't want you in this league.

No cursing there, got anymore problems?

Nah, I am only concerned with people that will actually matter at the end of the season. You'll be cheering on my opponents from the sideline come playoff time!!

Before anyone else gives me grief, how can I not respond to this dude constantly popping up to potshot me?!?!?

Shawnwhann said:
Nah, I am only concerned with people that will actually matter at the end of the season. You'll be cheering on my opponents from the sideline come playoff time!!

Before anyone else gives me grief, how can I not respond to this dude constantly popping up to potshot me?!?!?

There are plenty of weeks left in this league for me to make you look like the Jerramy Stevens you are.

Shawnwhann said:

I'm having a lot of fun here, but your play and excessive trash talk is the lone negative spot. So really, it doesn't matter if you think I'm not a playoff team.

This is my last post dealing with him. I've made myself clear.

Matrix, let me know when you can play today. I should be around most of the day and early evening, I'm not sure what I'm doing later though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You around now? I can play.

Matrix

Chris,I'll be on xbox live.

Message me when you want to play.

Matrix said:
Chris,I'll be on xbox live.

Message me when you want to play.

whoops sorry man, some friends stopped by; I'm probably gonna be busy tonight until late. So we can play later if you want, but it might not be til 1-2 am. I'll be around all day tomorrow also, so it's up to you.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
whoops sorry man, some friends stopped by; I'm probably gonna be busy tonight until late. So we can play later if you want, but it might not be til 1-2 am. I'll be around all day tomorrow also, so it's up to you.

I can play at 1 am eastern in a couple of hours.

If not I can play starting around 4 pm eastern and should be free all night.

Matrix

Chris its 1,you around?

Matrix said:
I can play at 1 am eastern in a couple of hours.

If not I can play starting around 4 pm eastern and should be free all night.

Hey that works out perfectly, I'm ready whenever you are.

edit: good timing, see you in the lobby.

Matrix

I'm ready to go.

Going on now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
pheeniks said:
Daddy, where are you at? I'm around now to play whenever...if you see this, play after the Heat game?

Guess Who's Back?
Back Again
CB's Back.
Tell a Friend

Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back

Duh da
Da um, da um, da um, da um, da um, da um, da um,
Duh da

000000473935lh6.jpg

incase you didnt figure out, im back as the nets. hit me up when you can play

ColdBlooded33 said:
Guess Who's Back?
Back Again
CB's Back.
Tell a Friend

Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back
Guess Who's Back

Duh da
Duh da

000000473935lh6.jpg

incase you didnt figure out, im back as the nets. hit me up when you can play

:lol

I can play after the Heat game. Fine with you?

Top Bottom