• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

JuanMR2

ChrisJames said:
Juan, I'd like to play later tonight if you'll be available. I probably won't be able to play until fairly late tonight (possibly after 1 am EST). I won't be able to play tomorrow, unless you can play in the morning.

After 1am EST sounds good. AIM/XBL = JuanMR2

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I'm available for games this afternoon if anyone on my sched. wants to get some games in.

Fifty

I'd like to. Not sure if I'll be able to. Congrats on your last win btw.

5 games remaining..Konex, I hope you're not letting this slip out of hand! I'll have faith, prove me right.

About our game: I'm going to the Leafs game tonight..I'll get back around 11:30 and I was gonna start GOW insane coop from 12-2 eastern. I forget which time zone you're in, but I could play NBA after that if you're able to. I hope you're on the west coast, because then it'd only be 11 pacific time.

bluemax

Banned
I think I'm just about done with this game. Maybe next year I'll have time to learn to play this game but right now I'm so awful it's just not fun.

Fifty said:
I'd like to. Not sure if I'll be able to. Congrats on your last win btw.

5 games remaining..Konex, I hope you're not letting this slip out of hand! I'll have faith, prove me right.

About our game: I'm going to the Leafs game tonight..I'll get back around 11:30 and I was gonna start GOW insane coop from 12-2 eastern. I forget which time zone you're in, but I could play NBA after that if you're able to. I hope you're on the west coast, because then it'd only be 11 pacific time.

Yeah, I live in the Eastern time zone, but I'm almost always up late. I'll probably be playing some Gears later too, so no big deal on that part. If you want to play our game after your Gears session that would be cool, but no big deal if not.

Thanks for the congrats, I know it is a big deal when I win a game :lol Seriously though, Juan played a very good game and it was a nailbiter (I padded the score with free throws at the end of the game).

Fifty

bluemax said:
I think I'm just about done with this game. Maybe next year I'll have time to learn to play this game but right now I'm so awful it's just not fun.

I'm sorry to hear that. You're 6-11 though, better than Konex even! I know the two (one to jobber one to shawn) 40+ point losses must really stink but hang in there.

It's been a while since our game, and we only played once, so it's not a big sample size, but I can recall your biggest problem IMO being shot selection. I wish I could be of more help.

and Chris: I'm down for the red eye special at 2 am eastern. Watch us shoot 20% from the field and take tons of poor shots. No matter what it'll be painful for you to play against Artest, Bibby and Marion. I've got all your ex-players!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
D'oh. My last opponent was someone with no contact info and I have no idea who he is...and my next opponent quit. Heh.

davidstern.jpeg

Fifty

Well you'd better remember to re-revert back to the current week in an hour because unless Chris forgot, we're playing our game then.

Rorschach

I'm sure LakersRob is a great guy. He seems really nice and from what I've chatted with him, I like 'im, but (you knew there was a 'but' coming..) he may need a few pointers on what sim ball is all about. ^_^;

Fifty

Yeah, that's for sure. Truelize told me he (bob) doesn't know how to play "GAF style" which basically means he doesn't know how to play realistic basketball. I'm not saying he cheesed or anything against me, but I can remember constant swatting with various players, ala NBA Jam. Not sure what else he did that wasn't sim.

Chris...damn. GG. Ben Gordon's charge must have you near tears. That shit was brutal..I wish I saw the replay to A) see if it was a good call and B) to see who took it, because he needs a promotion.

You did a real good job all game slowing the pace down and keeping me out of my element. Aside from an early surge with Bibby hitting wide open shots I never felt comfortable all game.

Playing that late isn't the best idea. We got real sloppy making bad passes (especially in the first half) and I'll blame fatigue!

Fifty said:
Yeah, that's for sure. Truelize told me he (bob) doesn't know how to play "GAF style" which basically means he doesn't know how to play realistic basketball. I'm not saying he cheesed or anything against me, but I can remember constant swatting with various players, ala NBA Jam. Not sure what else he did that wasn't sim.

Chris...damn. GG. Ben Gordon's charge must have you near tears. That shit was brutal..I wish I saw the replay to A) see if it was a good call and B) to see who took it, because he needs a promotion.

You did a real good job all game slowing the pace down and keeping me out of my element. Aside from an early surge with Bibby hitting wide open shots I never felt comfortable all game.

Yeah man, that was a hell of a game. I feel physically and emotionally exhausted (maybe I'm taking this too seriously :D ). That charge was brutal, but it probably was a charge and I feel that he wouldn't have gotten off a clean shot anyway. I didn't know what to do there so I just gave it to Gordon hoping he'd do something.

At the start of the game I felt like I was on the verge of being blown out (Bibby was on fire). So yeah, I didn't feel comfortable most of the game either.

You play good ball, congrats on the win!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Dsal said:
I'm available for games this afternoon if anyone on my sched. wants to get some games in.

you around today? if not....who's the nets?!

I'm back from my wild 2 day wii-fest.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dsal: I'll be around today. Hit me on AIM or Live and lets see if we can get our missed game in.

Malley: you too man. Lets see if we can get our game done this week.

"Jump passes for days :D"

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
jobber said:
you around today? if not....who's the nets?!

I'm back from my wild 2 day wii-fest.

Im (Back) as the nets. We can try to play tomorrow, if you can, around 6PM PST or later

Fifty

Go outside your house at exactly 2:04 AM tonight. Place an upside down baseball cap 3.4 feet from your front door and leave a lemon (cut in two) next to it. Plant an incense stick in the ground next to these two items, and leave it burning until daybreak. Only then will LakersBob emerge.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Had a busy weekend, including Wii madness yesterday. I'll be around tonight for make-up games.

Fifty

I see the schedule was turned back yesterday for a game of Malley's and Chris'. I'm sorry Chris.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=47165&g=2507259

58-41 Jazz. Jesus Christ. Chris James' offense isn't nearly that bad. I played Malley and he slowed me down real good..he's the most conservative GM in the league and judging by his game scores the most conservative coach. Pretty impressive for a black anti-bush spokesman from Jersey :lol

A 5 point 2nd quarter for the Kings. Yowza. WTF that's not fair.

Fifty said:
I see the schedule was turned back yesterday for a game of Malley's and Chris'. I'm sorry Chris.

58-41 Jazz. Jesus Christ. Chris James' offense isn't nearly that bad. I played Malley and he slowed me down real good..he's the most conservative GM in the league and judging by his game scores the most conservative coach. Pretty impressive for a black anti-bush spokesman from Jersey :lol

I was honestly hoping that no one would notice that this game ever happened :lol It was by far my worst offensive output of the season.

Also, LOL at the front page of the league. "Kings making a late playoff push?"

It seems like the league is dying; there are only 2 games that have been played in this week so far. Hopefully people are just too busy right now with the PS3/Wii/Gears releases and we'll get back in the flow of the league soon...

jobber

i've been around collecting dust and losing my temper. whoever i play next rather it be dsal or cold, forgive me for i know not what i do. i promise i'll make it quick and painless.

CB3

jobber said:
i've been around collecting dust and losing my temper. whoever i play next rather it be dsal or cold, forgive me for i know not what i do. i promise i'll make it quick and painless.

Just wait. Ive decided if you cant beat them, join them.

Baron Davis will be shooting 3s from way out and swooshing them time after time after time. I need to give it to someone Baron style like people used to do with me with Baron

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:

LMAO :lol :lol :lol

I saw your IM when I got back to my desk at work and didnt know what you meant, thought you might have been talking about the Jazz and Rap game tonight....

Yea the game was an ugly one, he had some good opportunities, but the shots werent falling and the boards were not going his way... good player though

jobber

ColdBlooded33 said:
Just wait. Ive decided if you cant beat them, join them.

Baron Davis will be shooting 3s from way out and swooshing them time after time after time. I need to give it to someone Baron style like people used to do with me with Baron

i've shut him down before, I can do it again...

I believe the Konex curse has carried over into the 2k league.

Ever since Jason Kapono destroyed his Lakers and made it to the front page of the league site, he has gone absolutely cold. I don't think he's made any threes (no more than 2) since my game vs. LAL!!! He hurt me in this week's game!

jobber

MUTHA****IN BULLSHIT

I DON'T SUCK THAT BAD

my damn settings were backwards. I use auto offensive plays and manual d playcalling and because I was watching the Spurs game I wasn't paying attention. I was getting raped and I had no fluckin clue the settings were messed up until I noticed my players just standing around when I had the ball. It wasn't until I fixed everything that my team started to play right, but by then it was too late -_-

CB3

jobber said:
you knew i was coming back!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol Pleeeease, i was damn near calling Iso plays and letting the shot clock fall down for the last 3 minutes or so. When you started draining 3's is when I started playing for real again.

I wasnt trying to pull a Laker style Piss-away buy shooting shots and making risky passes the last few minutes

jobber

ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol Pleeeease, i was damn near calling Iso plays and letting the shot clock fall down for the last 3 minutes or so. When you started draining 3's is when I started playing for real again.

I wasnt trying to pull a Laker style Piss-away buy shooting shots and making risky passes the last few minutes

you did a hell of a job beating me down..i'll give you credit for that, but trust me, if it wasn't for my brain fart, the outcome would be a different story.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malley,I'm free to play tonight 8 pm on,ill look for you on aim.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malley if you are around I would like to play our game tonight at 11 est. Hit me on AIM when you are available.

I'm very impressed that we can get these extra uniforms with codes and not microsoft points. We can use codes for 360 right?

I know this message has no pertaining to the league, but I thought I'd ask you guys...

How do you do Kareem's signature skyhook? Me and a friend were playing and we did it once without knowing he'd do it, and we were amazed. We've been trying to do it so we can see it again...but we can't. In the manual it says press down on the right stick, but no matter what we try (pressing/not pressing LTrigger, not moving left stick around, etc.) we can't do it. He ends up doing some dumb fadaway shot.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
I know this message has no pertaining to the league, but I thought I'd ask you guys...

How do you do Kareem's signature skyhook? Me and a friend were playing and we did it once without knowing he'd do it, and we were amazed. We've been trying to do it so we can see it again...but we can't. In the manual it says press down on the right stick, but no matter what we try (pressing/not pressing LTrigger, not moving left stick around, etc.) we can't do it. He ends up doing some dumb fadaway shot.

Wow, I've never seen it. I thougth a hook was pushing right though. But I always get confused because some moves are away from the hoop and some are just simply pushing a direction.

jobber

pheeniks said:

press down on the shot stick when you're posted up near the basket? That's how I get Duncan to do it.

Top Bottom