• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Why is it that we always get about this far into a season and it starts to become very noticeable how bad some aspects of this game are? It's like it just takes a bit for people to figure out all the exploits possible and they can dominate a game or with this years game just figure out a certain players release point and regardless of how much of a useless piece of crap the player is in real life they can score at will with them?

Ugh this game is ridiculous when playing against some people.

I just played Malley and even though Miles sucks he killed me with him. Even though my rebouding stats are all higher than his he killed me on the boards. It's just plain stupid sometimes.

* and I really really hate it when people just pick an individual defender and guard passing lanes. It's like counting cards in poker, you just sit there and watch for a pass animation*

Malley I'm not harping on you man, you've always beat me. But the passing lane thing sucks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malley,want to play our week 17 game now?

True can we still play it?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Truelize said:
* and I really really hate it when people just pick an individual defender and guard passing lanes. It's like counting cards in poker, you just sit there and watch for a pass animation*

Malley I'm not harping on you man, you've always beat me. But the passing lane thing sucks.

I can accept you think that for the game, but when I know that there is one player that will get a majority of the action, i will try my best to keep the ball out of his hands. Your team has lebron and I played zone to keep the ball out of his hands... I would never cheat or play stupid bball, I dont have time for that. I respect your opinion, but i play you no differently than I would play any other teams superstar because the comp just cant get it right.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
I can accept you think that for the game, but when I know that there is one player that will get a majority of the action, i will try my best to keep the ball out of his hands. Your team has lebron and I played zone to keep the ball out of his hands... I would never cheat or play stupid bball, I dont have time for that. I respect your opinion, but i play you no differently than I would play any other teams superstar because the comp just cant get it right.

No I was forced to go to Bron because you defense was smothering in the first half, and I usually shoot like crap with him so when he starts hitting shots I keep feeding him. But I couldn't get a pass completed at the end of the 3rd and the start of the 4th. I quit at that time, if I could have just turned my 360 off and walked away and have you still get the stats and such I would have. I'm not saying you cheated or anything at all. I'm saying it doesn't make sense that Miles shoots like an allstar against Bron. And that all a player has to do on defense is control a player away from the ball and float the lanes, which is exactly what you did. Cause if you were trying to use the guy that was guarding Bron you would have just hit the R button and the X button. But you were usually using Miles who was your SG at the time. So not only does Miles hit a ton of shots with people in his face, he can also shut down my entire team cause you can just watch passing animations and get steals at will.

Most of the steals came after I gave up and called it a game. I'm not singling you out at all, there are a lot of people in this league that watch passing animations to get steals. I don't see how it's cool, it's playing this game well, but it has nothing to do with balanced sim play. But the game really doesn't give you that option. If it were true sim, Bron wouldn't get slowed down by Miles, Miles would crap his pants and go for every fake given. :D

jobber said:
press down on the shot stick when you're posted up near the basket? That's how I get Duncan to do it.

I have done that..and he just does a dumb fade move, still. I've tried posting farther, closer, pressing RT and LT and whatever, but nothing. Maybe it's a spontaneous thing :(

Truelize said:
No I was forced to go to Bron because you defense was smothering in the first half, and I usually shoot like crap with him so when he starts hitting shots I keep feeding him. But I couldn't get a pass completed at the end of the 3rd and the start of the 4th. I quit at that time, if I could have just turned my 360 off and walked away and have you still get the stats and such I would have. I'm not saying you cheated or anything at all. I'm saying it doesn't make sense that Miles shoots like an allstar against Bron. And that all a player has to do on defense is control a player away from the ball and float the lanes, which is exactly what you did. Cause if you were trying to use the guy that was guarding Bron you would have just hit the R button and the X button. But you were usually using Miles who was your SG at the time. So not only does Miles hit a ton of shots with people in his face, he can also shut down my entire team cause you can just watch passing animations and get steals at will.

Most of the steals came after I gave up and called it a game. I'm not singling you out at all, there are a lot of people in this league that watch passing animations to get steals. I don't see how it's cool, it's playing this game well, but it has nothing to do with balanced sim play. But the game really doesn't give you that option. If it were true sim, Bron wouldn't get slowed down by Miles, Miles would crap his pants and go for every fake given. :D

I agree very much with you. It's frustrating, because my team is rated very high but I am new to 2k series so I don't know how to play the game itself to be able to beat teams I should be beating. Sure, I admit I have had games with questionable shot selections but when people have random scrubs shooting fadeaways and draining it with people in their face, and in a game where my Jason Williams/Kapono shoot a combined 0/10 from threes. Doesn't make any sense??

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
pheeniks said:
I have done that..and he just does a dumb fade move, still. I've tried posting farther, closer, pressing RT and LT and whatever, but nothing. Maybe it's a spontaneous thing :(

try it posted in the paint, back your way closer to the basket, then hit left or right on the shot stick.

jobber said:
try it posted in the paint, back your way closer to the basket, then hit left or right on the shot stick.

I did that, but he does a small hook, not his classic skyhook. Think maybe it's the camera angle? I doubt it...but thanks for advice, I'll let you know when I find this out. Grr...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Whoever are the Kings, get at me, since your never on aim and i dont know who you are anyway

CB3

Fifty said:
It's Chris James, and he's been plenty active in this thread. Maybe it is you who should get at him!

He hasnt posted in a while, and like i said, i havent seen him on AIM once since i added him like two days ago.

He needs to get at ME!

Yeah, I haven't been on in a while because I just got a Wii and I've been playing Zelda. I won't be able to play for a while because I had to go to my parents for Thanksgiving weekend and didn't take the 360 with me (they don't have a broadband connection). I apologize in advance for the inconvenience... Cold can just have the win and if he wants we can make it up or if he wants he can just keep the win (obviously i would rather compete at a later time, but if Cold wants a cheap win he can take it.)

CB3

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, I haven't been on in a while because I just got a Wii and I've been playing Zelda. I won't be able to play for a while because I had to go to my parents for Thanksgiving weekend and didn't take the 360 with me (they don't have a broadband connection). I apologize in advance for the inconvenience... Cold can just have the win and if he wants we can make it up or if he wants he can just keep the win (obviously i would rather compete at a later time, but if Cold wants a cheap win he can take it.)

Bah! I wanted to play you! Zelda is no excuse, i have it also!

I want a win, but at the same time i dont want a gimme. Ill play you when you get back -_-

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Dee See Ecks: let me know when you want to play.

DCX
I can play whenever you can...right now would be great, i'm just watching The Davinci Code...just finished the book, i loved it, thought it lacked a punch at the end...the movie is just like the book, only lighter....

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
I can play whenever you can...right now would be great, i'm just watching The Davinci Code...just finished the book, i loved it, thought it lacked a punch at the end...the movie is just like the book, only lighter....

DCX
I can go on now :D

DCX

DCX
Good game, i can't defend worth shit, christ i almost gave that game away, and what's with me missing all those inside chip shots?! Thank god i got out of Dodge when i did...if you hit at least a couple more three, i would have been done for.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Good game, i can't defend worth shit, christ i almost gave that game away, and what's with me missing all those inside chip shots?! Thank god i got out of Dodge when i did...if you hit at least a couple more three, i would have been done for.

DCX
I never got that first quarter commentator speech before...:lol

I've gotten the yawn, but not the harsh comments.

It was sorta laggy...timing for shots was just completely off, so it's understandable...and I would pass the ball and the ai wouldn't turn around in time so it would bounce off their foot or back...-_-

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
Cmon Co-Commish lets set an example here and be the first game in.. When can u ball?

I'm working all day today and then working tonight as well at my part-time job. So I can't play you until tomorrow. When do I get to play a softie and get a win? Bluemax was my only hope. :D

Fifty

This league is getting slower every week. I'm wondering if we just have too many people in who aren't really into it, and should downsize..or it's simply bad scheduling luck. I'm guessing the former. No games yesterday, one game on the 22nd, and I dunno how many people will be playing friday and saturday night. Not that I can blame people for doing things on the weekend.

I'd so be up for a season 2, but there's no way it'll be this big. I'd also suggest lowering the # of weeks to prevent interest from waning, but that's just me.

Cloudy

Banned
I'd also suggest lowering the # of weeks to prevent interest from waning, but that's just me.

I like the suggestion of lowering the # of half-hearted players better. Like I keep saying, once certain folks are out of contention in even a 10 gm seasom, the same thing'll happen..

PS: Any deadbeats from this season are NOT WELCOME in Season 2!

DMczaf

Sorry I haven't been around like I have, the combination of school + Gears + Wii/Zelda + Thanksgiving is not very kind to my gaf league playtime.

I should be back to normal by Monday where I can play everyday.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Aka, I'm stuck working again tonight. These long days are getting a little old. I've worked no less than 10 hours everyday this week. If I'm awake I can play tonight when I get home. But tomorrow I only have to work till 9 at night my time so I could play then. Leave me a message here or PM and I'll check it when I get home tonight.

Thanks.

jobber

why do I keep getting pushed to the limit?

i fail at dominating :(

my 3rd ot game goes double ot

greatest game this season

awesome block on a dunk to end regulation

AkaBalla

Truelize said:
Aka, I'm stuck working again tonight. These long days are getting a little old. I've worked no less than 10 hours everyday this week. If I'm awake I can play tonight when I get home. But tomorrow I only have to work till 9 at night my time so I could play then. Leave me a message here or PM and I'll check it when I get home tonight.

Thanks.

Well message me tonight on aim... You know the drill

Fifty

The league page says the league is advancing tonight :lol

I laugh because it's unlikely we'll have more than 2 games played by then.

jobber

Cloudy said:
Finally sent off my 360. Should get it back next week :)

PS: The league does advance tonight...

well it seems like I have "LakersBob" next. This should be fun.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I have LakersBob,how the heck do you get intouch with him and does he play legit?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lakersbob supposed does not play legit yet. Do what you have to do if you see something that is not GAFish and he'll learn as he goes.

Server is done at the moment, Aka and I just tried to get our game in and couldn't. We will be playing tonight after I get home from work or tomorrow sometime (Sunday).

Rorschach: you and I play in week 20. So if you are lame enough to be around on a Saturday night then lets play if Aka isn't around. :D

Matrix

How do I get it contact with him?

Also how come the dude doesnt sign up for GAF.

WHY KONEX WHY!?

Matrix

Anyone have this glitch happen,wtf :lol

I'm playing the game and I call a timeout and my guys wont go to the bench/or the other team and play continues with the refs,mascot and cheerleaders on the court.

pict0002hp1.jpg

Fifty

Oh man, that sounds awesome. SO much cooler than playing Lakersbob. Sorry True, I know you're standing up for him, but I believe that to play "GAF style" or whatever you just need common basketball sense.

I hate playing non gaffers. Hell, this week I'm getting a free win because my guy is totally unreachable. Season 2---no non gaffers! Vote Fifty! Or maybe if you join the league and you're not on GAF you've gotta put in contact info on the site, that'd be nice.

Top Bottom