• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

JuanMR2

Malleymal said:
let me know when you wanna go Juan

Play what? If you're talking about our like week 11 game, you got the coin flip win already.

EDIT: Just saw it was reset, I can play today look for me on AIM: JuanMR2

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shawnwhann said:
Where you at DM?

AIM: ProfessaSkillset

Dm wrote...
"Sorry I haven't been around like I have, the combination of school + Gears + Wii/Zelda + Thanksgiving is not very kind to my gaf league playtime.

I should be back to normal by Monday where I can play everyday."

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
All my wacky holiday stuff should be wrapping up by Sunday afternoon, so I should be available then.

Fifty

18-2!

That's DM's record after I just beat him :lol

The Raptor Kings win again. Mike Bibby was on fire for quarters 1-3, and DM had some bad luck then...but in the 4th bibby went cold and I couldn't play D with him, so I took him out for Jose Calderon until the very end of the game, where he came in and blocked Vince Carter's drive from behind leading to a series of intentional fouls. DM might feel like he drew the short straw that game, but he was freaking 17-1 going in!

Virtual Sam Mitchell is a genius.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:eek:

Bibby blocking Carter :lol

I see our practice game helped,major win and great job :)

Matrix

DMczaf said:
It also doesn't hurt when you get a 26 to 9 FT advantage

I felt like the Houston Rockets.

:lol

Dont whine,Mr.18-2! :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
18-2!

That's DM's record after I just beat him :lol

The Raptor Kings win again. Mike Bibby was on fire for quarters 1-3, and DM had some bad luck then...but in the 4th bibby went cold and I couldn't play D with him, so I took him out for Jose Calderon until the very end of the game, where he came in and blocked Vince Carter's drive from behind leading to a series of intentional fouls. DM might feel like he drew the short straw that game, but he was freaking 17-1 going in!

Virtual Sam Mitchell is a genius.

congrats.

DCX

DCX
DSal, let me know when a good time for us to play would be. I'm off today so i can pretty much play anytime today...or any day during the week, early morning or late night EST.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ChrisJames said:
Shawn, when you wanna play? Tonight would be nice, but I can play whenever basically.

Cold, I can make up our game whenever you want.

Lets try tomorrow sometime after 6 PST

Matrix

Cerrius,when are you free to play our week 20 game?

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I regrettably have to drop from the league :( Sorry guys. It isn't fair to you guys to have everyone waiting around for me when you're all ready to play.

Work got real busy and the next month is going to be crazy busy for me outside of work too. It doesn't leave me with much time to coordinate a game every couple of days especially when my weekends are full up until 2007.

I really enjoyed playing against you guys; we have a good group and we have fun. The frequency and amount of games was just too great an obligation this time around especially for this time of year.

I volunteer to take DSal's spot and I will maintain and play all the Kings games also. It wouldn't affect the league negatively at all and you (should) know that I am trustworthy.

No, this is not a joke, this is a very serious offer :D

DCX

DCX
Well, sad to see you go Dsal, hope things go good for you, this kinda sucks...i was hoping to get a game in tonight...oh well, i'll take a win...

DCX

Fifty

ChrisJames said:
I volunteer to take DSal's spot and I will maintain and play all the Kings games also. It wouldn't affect the league negatively at all and you (should) know that I am trustworthy.

No, this is not a joke, this is a very serious offer :D

Sadly I don't think one owner is able to have two teams in a 2K league.

Jobber: Give up on the rankings. They're never coming. Konex obviously isn't interested in what the league members want!

Looking at the last two games played, there are so horrible 3 PT %'s. I'm not sure if it's the sliders or shot selection but 3's have been real tough to shoot this year (unless your name is Mike Bibby, or you're WIDE open)

Fifty said:
Sadly I don't think one owner is able to have two teams in a 2K league.

Jobber: Give up on the rankings. They're never coming. Konex obviously isn't interested in what the league members want!

Looking at the last two games played, there are so horrible 3 PT %'s. I'm not sure if it's the sliders or shot selection but 3's have been real tough to shoot this year (unless your name is Mike Bibby, or you're WIDE open)

I was really actually going to mention that but I was planning on waiting after my game tonight, seeing how my 3 pt shooters perform:lol

But I see that people shoot a lot of bad threes (myself being guilty as well) so maybe it's not the game's fault. This game has a tendency to be erratic, for example...when none of my guys can hit a damn three the whole game and suddenly...CJ miles (not meaning to call you out malley) hits a FADEAWAY? :lol

Strange things happen in the NBA, but it seems like three point percentage is awfully low. But I have this feeling if we raised the sliders, three pointers will start draining too much and it will get bothersome.

DCX

DCX
So what's going to happen with the Mavs? Will i get to play someone this week, or another coin toss? Actually a defualt win for me i suppose...Konex, what's going on man?!

DCX

Fifty

At this rate? In a few days from now.

I'm kidding of course.

Who knows when and if it'll start. I wouldn't worry about it. We'd need to gauge interest and then draft teams..Most likely 3-5 days after this ends but that's just a total guess.

I'm taking a huge interest in the league because I think it's a great game and people are really slowing down. Konex doesn't even have his 360 now...we've had some bad breaks.

Season 2 will be better than season 1, that's my goal even if Konex is the sole commish. Fewer people..fewer weeks. That's what I think needs to be done to keep things rolling.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LMAO @ all the Miles Hatred.... the boy is good! he is part of the 7 game winning streak that my Jazz are on right now...

Fifty said:
At this rate? In a few days from now.

I'm kidding of course.

Who knows when and if it'll start. I wouldn't worry about it. We'd need to gauge interest and then draft teams..Most likely 3-5 days after this ends but that's just a total guess.

I'm taking a huge interest in the league because I think it's a great game and people are really slowing down. Konex doesn't even have his 360 now...we've had some bad breaks.

Season 2 will be better than season 1, that's my goal even if Konex is the sole commish. Fewer people..fewer weeks. That's what I think needs to be done to keep things rolling.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if it started soon. I miss the real competition sometimes...I get really tired of having to deal with random children online.

I left my HDTV's power brick at my other home so now I'm playing on some lousyass standard TV. I can't even read my player's names:lol

Cloudy

Banned
Kinda curious, when would season 2 start? Right after season 1?

Yah

It's kinda hard to do when no one is playing games...

Yah it'll be better since it's just the folks who wanna play the most...

PS:

- I will be getting my 360 back any day now and I'm playing ALL my missed games :p
- I got your PM, Pheeniks
- League advances in an hr

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you should boot people that aren't playing so we can have less games to play each week.

After I take care of R0esha, it's on to knock DM off the top of the charts!

jobber said:
you should boot people that aren't playing so we can have less games to play each week.

I agree.

It felt like first ten weeks was a constant stream of games but now it's like...hard to find anyone. Even to scrim...damn nintendo wii!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The last two weeks have been really odd for me. If you guys remember I hadn't been working full-time for nearly 5 months and then all of a sudden I'm working 60 hours a week. Wow, when I get home I'm freakin tired.
Ror and I didn't get our game done these past two days cause I was too beat. We are playing Friday I think to get that one done and I'll hook up with LakersBob tomorrow night I imagine.

My love for the game has gone down cause I can't figure out how to shoot consistently with Bron. It's just a nightmare. The more I play this game the worse I get. :(

Truelize said:
The last two weeks have been really odd for me. If you guys remember I hadn't been working full-time for nearly 5 months and then all of a sudden I'm working 60 hours a week. Wow, when I get home I'm freakin tired.
Ror and I didn't get our game done these past two days cause I was too beat. We are playing Friday I think to get that one done and I'll hook up with LakersBob tomorrow night I imagine.

My love for the game has gone down cause I can't figure out how to shoot consistently with Bron. It's just a nightmare. The more I play this game the worse I get. :(

:lol How do you think I feel with my own team??

Fifty

Jesus ****ing Cock Rings..my 360 controller seems to have magically broken overnight.
It's the controller I got at launch with the system (wireless) and while it has the usual grit and grime from frequent use, it hasn't had any problems until today

The joystick automatically moves down unless I'm holding up. It's a ****ing game breaking problem and it applies to every 360 game. I was just going to play Matrix and we had to postpone the game because of this BS.

Now I've gotta pay 70 bucks (59.99 + crazy ontario tax) for a new controller.

Matrix

Last 4 games for me...

LakersBob - pm's me on xbox live,I respond and send him a friends request,never got a reply back and never accepted my friends request....**** that game.

I ask Cerrius in here when he wants to play...no response,Ive seen him post on the forum,why people cant look in the league thread...I'll never know.

I'm not hunting him down.

Konex- console dies :(

Fifty- controller dies :(

All in all its been a fun 4 games of 2k7.

Rorschach

jobber said:

After I take care of R0esha, it's on to knock DM off the top of the charts!
Oh no you didn't!

Let's play friday evening, brovah. I'll be home at 7PST.

Fifty

I seriously doubt he's a gaffer.

I had no way of contacting him, and Konex didn't suggest a way either. The dude is worthless.

Hey DCX!! I've been waiting to avenge my loss that came from a buzzer beater jumper from Marbury. I was planning on having my epic Conference Championship game vs. DM in Madden, so we'll see about tonight. If DM and I play early enough, I'll have time to play you before I headout on the town tonight. If not tonight, tommorow monring will work just fine for me!!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Hey DCX!! I've been waiting to avenge my loss that came from a buzzer beater jumper from Marbury. I was planning on having my epic Conference Championship game vs. DM in Madden, so we'll see about tonight. If DM and I play early enough, I'll have time to play you before I headout on the town tonight. If not tonight, tommorow monring will work just fine for me!!
i can play anytime Shawn, from now til whenever...my gf comes home at 11PM, so i can't play at that time...just let me know.

DCX

Top Bottom