• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
JuanMR2 said:
Yeah gg, I was trying to go for jumpers the whole games to see how the game played out. It kept the score realistic I guess. What should the rule be on manual rebounding, because I was about to switch after the shot and either rebound or tip in the missed shot fairly often so I stopped doing that just in case.

How about this for shot variety :)

I'll PM you your shot chart Truelize if you want to check it out.

Nah I looked at my shot chart and it was definetly not as spread out as yours. If I'm not shooting with Morrison I'm screwed so I have to go inside to get a score. Where as you would run down the court, drive the line and freakin dish out to someone that is heavily guarded and still get the shot off with some bum like Stephenson. Ugh, he was killing me. I got a bit better with switching and blocking though (used to be something I was pretty skilled at with last years game).
I think you should have used Gilbert a bit more with short pullups. If and when you play DM you will see some of the stuff that will be bread and butter for you and Gilbert (watch what he does with Hinrich and Gordon).
Manual rebouding is a go. No worries there at all. If you can actually do it then all the power to you.

The animations in this game are incredible though. I'm in awe at how good Arenas and Kobe's shots look. I almost forget to play D cause I'm just watching them.

Cerrius said:
I've heard nothing from Kyoto since Friday on finishing our series, what the heck.

Hey, sorry man, like I said I have to work overnights this weekend (I'm at work right now), but I have like a week off starting Wednesday. Sorry, I was offline after our game on Friday night, and when I got your message you were already off. I can squeeze in a game Monday evening around 7pm EST.

Sorry, don't mean to be holding anyone up. This just happens to be the worst weekend of the year for me to be in a tournament because I've got to run an implementation for a major go-live 2 years in the making here, and work kind of has to take precidence (that's why I was hoping we'd start next week).

Is anybody having a problem where their VIP profile cannot be retrieved, and they cannot challenge certain people online? My thing ain't doin shit right now...

still waiting on FMT here

Cloudy

Banned
What should the rule be on manual rebounding, because I was about to switch after the shot and either rebound or tip in the missed shot fairly often

I couldn't get to it today but I'll lower the offensive rebounding sliders. It shouldn't be a problem with some tweaking..

Well I'm in round 2. Konex you and me. Monday night would be fine for game one. Hit me on AIM and we'll chat.

Kobe will have his revenge on Morrison :)

I think I may have found a major bug online.

I was playing some random dude, and it was halftime. But then it kind of froze; all you could see was a sideline view of the court, the teams were in a timeout session and Bernie (heat's mascot) was dancing around. And that's all that happened. Didn't even get to Kenny's approvals or whatever, and it just stuck there. WTF?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
just played an online game with someone who kept sliding there way into the paint and laying it up with ben wallace.

ri - ****ing - diculous. ben wallace was doing reverse layups and shit over shaq and zo.

everytime I would go for a block I would get called for a foul. the funny part about all of this, is the dude learned the EXACT RELEASE POINT of ben's free throws, so he MADE DAMN NEAR EVERY SINGLE ONE.

and on defense, he would slide ben around the passing lanes trying to steal the ball. if he couldn't do that, he'd try to manually double team me and clog the only opening I had left with ben wallace for a steal.

Ben had 43 pts at the end of the game.

Needless to say I don't think I've ever been so angry with a video game in my life.

defense has been completely destroyed in this game. they might as well not have a block button because it's completely useless.

Cloudy

Banned
Cerrius, that's why I've turned down the fouls and upped blocking. Play some more tourney games or random games in the tourney lobby and tell me what you think.

PS: The tourney advances to round 2 tomorrow night..

Zep

Banned
Cerrius said:
just played an online game with someone who kept sliding there way into the paint and laying it up with ben wallace.

ri - ****ing - diculous. ben wallace was doing reverse layups and shit over shaq and zo.

everytime I would go for a block I would get called for a foul. the funny part about all of this, is the dude learned the EXACT RELEASE POINT of ben's free throws, so he MADE DAMN NEAR EVERY SINGLE ONE.

and on defense, he would slide ben around the passing lanes trying to steal the ball. if he couldn't do that, he'd try to manually double team me and clog the only opening I had left with ben wallace for a steal.

Ben had 43 pts at the end of the game.

Needless to say I don't think I've ever been so angry with a video game in my life.

defense has been completely destroyed in this game. they might as well not have a block button because it's completely useless.

cerrius...wanna play me boss?

Kai

Is there anyway I can get in the league still?

Xbox Live Tag: SamusKai....
AIM: AshRock23

Hook it up!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
gg DaddyZ

close game but I was able to squeeze out a win in the 4th

Did you play from the tourney lobby? Did the game play better than that random game you just had to go through? Did you guys remember to turn fatigue on?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
Did you play from the tourney lobby? Did the game play better than that random game you just had to go through? Did you guys remember to turn fatigue on?

actually, we just played with default sliders :lol

the game played fine for the most part. except for a couple of times when I faked a jumpshot and he went up for the block and got called for the foul.

So what happens if the games aren't played/finished by tomorrow? I want to play the games, hell I've been available all day and night Friday/Saturday and tonigh and I still haven't been able to play my tourney games due to Malleymal not responding to me or my messages in the last 30 hours. This is really pissing me off because I want to take part in the tourney and would like to earn myself a spot in the league. I'm an avid player of this game online and would be willing to play well into the spring. I know I'm getting into a rant, but stuff like this always pisses me off.....

Cloudy

Banned
Did you try his AIM? If you still can't contact him tomorrow, I'll give you the Ws and advance...

Just talked to him and he's actually banned right now. His AIM = Mr Black NJ

Cloudy said:
Did you try his AIM? If you still can't contact him tomorrow, I'll give you the Ws and advance...

Just talked to him and he's actually banned right now. His AIM = Mr Black NJ

Oh ok, thanks for the info. I'll IM him and hopefully we can play some ball.

pheeniks! sorry buddy i was gone for the weekend. let me know when you can play, or if konex wants to give you the win thats fine. i will be home tonight for the next hour (before i go to sleep! so until 11 pm pst), or tomorrow i will be home at around 5 pm pst. let me know

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ok, so i guess im the Jazz now?

Rick Lebron Chris James, we can battle tonight in about an hour if you can go.

Hold it. Looks like i dont have the Jazz yet. Konex said he fixed it, but looks like it didnt work. might have to wait till tomorrow

I talked to Malley on AIM and I guess he's out of town until Thursday so he said that I could just have the win for the round.

Cloudy

Banned
Unlike the 2k6 leagues, these ones don't have the replace player feature (at least not yet)

I just forfeited Mally's games and advanced the Celtics. Thanks anyways, CB :)

ColdBlooded33 said:
What-evs. Work it out with Konex

Oh, sorry man, I didn't realize that you wanted to take the place of the Jazz in the tourney. If Konex can reverse it, I'm down to play you in the first round. My bad.

EDIT: CB if you wanna play a ranked game here in a few min. let me know, just add me to your friends list "MightBeWrong"if you do. I don't have a headset right now, but I'll give you a good game (hopefully).

Cloudy said:
Deadline for round one is 11pm et tomorrow. Plz try to get ur games in, people :)

Dang! Sorry man, there's just no way I can do that. I don't get home until 9am, I have to shower, sleep and be back at work this evening. Like I said, pretty much any other time would have been okay, this just happens to be the worst possible weekend for me to do this all year, I've got a two-year $85 million project on the line here. I'm going to have to forfeit round one as well. Congrats, Cerrius.

Ah well, not like my no-jumpshooting Nugz were going to take down the Heat anyway. Sucks though, I was looking forward to playing in the league. Hopefully I can get some games in with you guys on the side anyway.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The real championship is gonna be played between Konex and I anyways. You guys are all just playing for consolation. :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Truelize said:
The real championship is gonna be played between Konex and I anyways. You guys are all just playing for consolation. :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I was hoping you would see that. :lol. That was honestly just for you.

There really is nothing better than playing Jobber and listening to his quiet and somewhat polite trash-talking. No one does it better.

And yes Jobber you are a genius with this game right now.

French and Konex stop butchering my name. Just call me Shawn dudes!! I look forward to seeing how my skills compare to some of the established guard here. I know I can hang with Konex, now I'm curious to see how well I fare against Aka, French, and Jobber. Yo Konex give me a heavy dose of the best players in the league for my schedule. I need to be playoff ready when that time comes!!

Madden is not over French. I'd be undefeated if not for an untimely pick from Rothlisberger and a cheesefest. I will be in the equation when it is playoff time, believe me!!

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
It'll be Jobber and Aka in the final IMO. Shawnmann is pretty good too..

I dont know about that my Celts are stinking it up.. We'll have to wait and see.... I should have been crowned champ last season if it werent for u deadbeat owners.. *Grunts*

gg pheeniks, definitely felt like i had the game once steve nash went out. i was just trying to slow the game down enough to stay close. i was afraid of getting into a running game w/ the suns as i would have been run out of the building.

and if dunleavy hits those shots for me all season i'll be alright :lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg pheeniks, definitely felt like i had the game once steve nash went out. i was just trying to slow the game down enough to stay close. i was afraid of getting into a running game w/ the suns as i would have been run out of the building.

and if dunleavy hits those shots for me all season i'll be alright :lol

yeah. Did I play by league rules? I was trying not to cheese (I am a recovering Live owner) but I should have run more. mike d'antoni wouldn't have been pleased if he saw me play this game:lol

Top Bottom