• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sure,going on now.

You Host.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMMMMMMM!?!?!?!?!?!?! You coming?! Angry Mac awaits.
tmac.jpg

Matrix

Cloudy

Banned
Alright, guys. I've selected 2 newbies who get in based on activity and everyone in the tourney seems satisfied with the sliders (we can still edit them but it'll have to be something MAJOR to make me entertain changes).

Some of you won't like the 8 mins but that's what most people want. I'd wait for a poll but folks not in the tourney want to start playing and experiencing these sliders as well. If there is a huge outcry against it, we'll vote and change it but almost everyone I've played with is fine with it so I'm not bothering for now. The games don't take that long if you set up your options beforehand...

A few notes:

- This is a SIM league. Try to play a clean, realistic game (aka don't abuse exploits etc.)
- I won't bend on the play intervals. I have a vote up for that right now on the site..
- Deadbeat owners will be replaced after 2 warnings. No exceptions!
- Stats aren't showing up on the website yet but you can view them via XBL
- If you get a connection error, try again. If you get it constantly with the same opponent one or both of you has to remove their router. Yeah, it's an inconvenience but suck it up!

Here is the league site. Contrary to what I said earlier, it's live NOW. The tourney will still be completed though (I want to win it :D)

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&l=44436

Please vote on the poll...

PS: Leagues have the fatigue rate slider and I bumped it down 5 pts. Let me know how it is compared to custom games...

Matrix

jesus I was awful,I couldnt hit anything all game.

Also fts have to be turned down a little or something,Ben Wallace shouldnt be able to hit them with ease and not miss.

edit- great I have akaballa,Im going to get my ass kicked game one.

Cloudy

Banned
Also fts have to be turned down a little or something,Ben Wallace shouldnt be able to hit them with ease and not miss.

I set it back to defualts for the leagues since it was a timing issue for most folks...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am crying for a decent GAF league, do you guys still have spots open?

My pick of teams will be shitty, I know. :(

Edit - Damn probably not. Well if you need a replacement, holler.

Cloudy

Banned
Someone get a game in and let's see if the stats show up on the site. Apparently, it might just be tourneys that have the stats on XBL only..

PS: Sorry Wellie, it's full right now but I'll let you know if we need a replacement.

AkaBalla

There's been alot of bugs with the Online leagues.

Games are registering but showing the losing team winning the game in the box score.

Games arent able to be played because of a network error glitch.

Online drafts are screwed up.

You cant drop owners and send out invites to replace them.

Thats all i can think of. Check out the 2k sports forums for more details..

'BTW 2k support isnt answering any1's emails of complaints.

Cloudy

Banned
Games are registering but showing the losing team winning the game in the box score.

I can adjust final scores and winners so that's not a huge problem

Games arent able to be played because of a network error glitch.

I've heard this too and assumed it was a router issue. Let's see how it goes for us

Online drafts are screwed up.

Doesn't apply to us but it seems you have to generated the sked on XBL before you can do an online draft...

You cant drop owners and send out invites to replace them.

They better fix this quick like they did for 2k5 although I hope we don't need it...

hgplayer1

Wellington said:
I am crying for a decent GAF league, do you guys still have spots open?

My pick of teams will be shitty, I know. :(

Edit - Damn probably not. Well if you need a replacement, holler.

Wellie can have my spot! I still dont have the game but Im sure Ill get it at some point maybe for season 2 or 3.

I think I had picked the Knicks?

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
I can adjust final scores and winners so that's not a huge problem

I've heard this too and assumed it was a router issue. Let's see how it goes for us

Doesn't apply to us but it seems you have to generated the sked on XBL before you can do an online draft...

They better fix this quick like they did for 2k5 although I hope we don't need it...

Your the man. U have all the answers besides winning...:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:
Wellie can have my spot! I still dont have the game but Im sure Ill get it at some point maybe for season 2 or 3.

I think I had picked the Knicks?

What! That would be perfect, I want the Knicks!

Ok Konex, I know I asked for a hard schedule but GOT DAMN!!!

I have 8 homes games versus 24 road games. One stretch has me playing 10 straight road games. Normally I would not protest, but home court advantage is definately in this game this year :lol

Is there anyway way to even out the ratio a little bit to get closer to a 1:1 ratio for my home and away games? If not, I'll be the first to tell you it is going to be a looong season. :lol

Cloudy

Banned
The schedule was generated randomly (I didn't feel like manually doing it this year) I'll see what I can do to even hout the road and home situation :)

PS: You play me first. An easy win :D

The schedule was generated randomly (I didn't feel like manually doing it this year) I'll see what I can do to even hout the road and home situation

PS: You play me first. An easy win

I figured as much. How do we propose trades? Do we do this in game or on the website? Is the league officially live within the game? I'm tired of playing random idiots who constantly leave negative feedback because they lose. In a span of a week, my rep has gone from 5 stars to 4 stars. I hate how 2K automatically prompts users to leave feedback, obviously people on the end of a 15-20 pt. blowout will try to stick it to me. Not a big issue, but annoying!!

I'm having problems logging into the site, but that could be becuase my job has some blockage going on with what I can access. Thanks for the tip on the sliders, I suspect it plays way differently than the way the game is set up by default.

Fifty

I don't have time to log on and find out who I play quite yet, but I will be in town thursday night...so don't worry about me.

Cloudy

Banned
Ok guys, first issue. Vumpler somehow kicked himself out of the league and the site isn't set up to invite users back yet. I'll see if I can do it via XBL 2nite and if not, I'll have to redo the league tonight..

You can now direct your rage towards Vumpler :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like i get the bitch spurs in game one! bring it on i say. i own you and you know it jobber. name your time

let me know when you're ready tonight. I'm home after 7pm est!

Matrix

AkaBalla said:
Matrix when u good?

I'm good around 11 pm eastern time tonight or tomorrow night 10 pm eastern on.

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, I have to remake the league tonight so no games played before then will count. You can play them to see the sliders but it'll all be gone tonight.

Maybe Vumpler screwing up was a good thing cos VC now says all the previous issues are fixed in leagues created from this point on...

PS: It'd be cool if everyone could sign in as fast as possible so we can still start tonight..

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, can we please not have anyone screw up and boot themselves from the league in the future. I'm not doing this again if the new league still doesn't have the repleacement team option :p

I'm still game, but I may not be able to join till late tonight...keep me down for HEAT

I may also be up late, maybe 11 or 12 CT for a game. Anyone?

Matrix

So its going to generate new opponents konex?

edit- doh a whole new league,nm

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Cloudy when are you going to have the league up to join? I just searched and its still not there.

Matrix

vumpler said:
Cloudy when are you going to have the league up to join? I just searched and its still not there.

Thanks to you I dont have an automatic loss game 1 <3

DMczaf

So if we take into account how long it took to fill this league up (which only took people 5 secs out of their BUSY lives!), is it safe to say we aren't playing until November?

Matrix

DMczaf said:
So if we take into account how long it took to fill this league up (which only took people 5 secs out of their BUSY lives!), is it safe to say we aren't playing until November?

:lol

Watch the random scheduler line up FMT, Konex, Aka, and Jobber all in a row. Oh yeah, forgot to mention they are will all be on the road. :lol

are you ****ing kidding me!

konex get the home/away games right for balls sake! it is ridiculous to schedule someone 10 home games and 20 away games. its not that hard to do buddy, plug the teams into a schedule generator if you have to or something but that sucks

Cloudy

Banned
konex get the home/away games right for balls sake! it is ridiculous to schedule someone 10 home games and 20 away games. its not that hard to do buddy, plug the teams into a schedule generator if you have to or something but that sucks

I was gonna fix the home/away games but Vumpler booted himself so I'll do it in 30 minutes after I make the new league.

Yeah. This league needs to start by Friday

I hope we can get everyone signed back in tonight. I wanna play too :(

PS: I can't believe I'm being blamed for this delay :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Vince Carter is up for trade once this league finally starts.

I wouldnt be opposed to a 2 Player- 2 Player trade either

Top Bottom