• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

DCX

DCX
Basically how i feel, i have lost 3 straight...i can't get over my blow out loss and now i just can't seem to get it all together. I just can't hit shots with my point guard, he is only good for assists and drives to the basket...and Lebron had a nightmare game against the Lakers...season low in points and went 6-23...that aint going to get it done, although Hughes had a great game scoring 29, he pick up the slack big time. Well, Cavs need to pick it up and start stringing a few wins in a row here soon, or they will be out of the playoff picture.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
All controllers need a little discipline from time to time. :)

I made a controller EXPLODE while playing God of War. Frustrating game.

But Discipline is key.

DCX: now you're experiences with the Cavs are starting to sound more like mine. They are an odd team. And the lag is sketchy. It can kill Bron. Kill him.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Well it seems like I did a HUGE mistake last night. I played a practice game offline and scored 102 points with JAAAAAXXXXXX off 47% shooting on HOF difficulty. Now i'm use to his shooting animation offline which doesn't translate well online. whoops! :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
Well it seems like I did a HUGE mistake last night. I played a practice game offline and scored 102 points with JAAAAAXXXXXX off 47% shooting on HOF difficulty. Now i'm use to his shooting animation offline which doesn't translate well online. whoops! :(

Maybe that is part of my problem. I use the Sonics (and before the Cavs) in all my offline games. I'm very used to their releases offline and well not so much online.

DCX

DCX
One bad game doesn't make LeBron useless to me, he isn't a jump shooter, i just need to know that, even if he is wide open, i need to turn a 20 footer into a 15-10 footer...i just figure if he's wide open he would be money, maybe Hughes, not LeBron, he's a freight train and that's how he should be used :/ Draw Fouls and make fools look stupid :D

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Fifty

Z, are you sure your original post was correct? I see Truelize on AIM, but you're not on. Not really my concern, I'm just saying..

Fifty

Juan beat my nemesis: Jobber. Kudos Juan, you've turned the corner this season.

Jackson with 31 points doesn't help if no one else is scoring :lol

jobber

Fifty said:
Juan beat my nemesis: Jobber. Kudos Juan, you've turned the corner this season.

Jackson with 31 points doesn't help if no one else is scoring :lol

correction...I couldn't stop the 3s. If I try to block the refs called a foul so I got in the shooters face and they still made it.

Also the trade messed up my lineup and my groove was off. Told ya playing offline messes up your game!

At least JAXXXXXXXXXX got his points.

edit: JAXXXXXXXXXXX is the scoring leader!!!!!!!

Success!

edit 2: 50% shooting!!!!! take that Bron!

jobber

I don't like losing by more than 5....makes me more aggressive my next game...playing for the kill early and often. Watch out Bulls. My wrath will be harsh and painful. JAXXXXXXXXX will be putting in some extra time in the gym.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
jobber said:
I don't like losing by more than 5....makes me more aggressive my next game...playing for the kill early and often. Watch out Bulls. My wrath will be harsh and painful. JAXXXXXXXXX will be putting in some extra time in the gym.

Harsh like the last time we played, huh?

jobber

Matrix said:

Yes and I won 4 in a row after that while you won 1

I need to dump 2 of my bigs for a better big guy.

The fatigue issue isn't that bad while playing league games as it is playing pick up games so I could lose Harrington and Foster for a better rated 5. I need to try a few things to plug up the big hole in the D.

edit: yes I do feel bad if I beat you guys by 1 or 50

jobber

ColdBlooded33 said:

all you're doing is add fuel to the fire...because if you didn't notice who you play next...

Jackson_200_041106.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
jobber said:
all you're doing is add fuel to the fire...because if you didn't notice who you play next...

Jackson_200_041106.jpg

Stats dont mean anything to me. I left that in madden. i dont care if he is averaging 50 points a game

jobber

jeez

If drop 50 on ya on 45% or more shooting, then don't cry!

I know how to win with team ball. Thing about the Pacers is...

their PGs sux. Can't attack the lane and kick out like I want so I have to find a different way to play.
I give it to O'Neal and he's doubled even outside the paint. Jax is my scorer, Granger is my 3rd option and he's very hit and miss. Last game he scored 7 points in the 1st and couldn't make a layup the rest of the game.

Until I figure out a different game plan, it's JAXXXXXXXXXXXXX time

edit: I hope NBA2K8 lets you shoot around before the tip like College Hoops does

jobber said:
Yes and I won 4 in a row after that while you won 1

I need to dump 2 of my bigs for a better big guy.

The fatigue issue isn't that bad while playing league games as it is playing pick up games so I could lose Harrington and Foster for a better rated 5. I need to try a few things to plug up the big hole in the D.

edit: yes I do feel bad if I beat you guys by 1 or 50

Bigs? What bigs? I'm interested!

Fifty

Hang in there DM.

I see Carmelo had 10 FT's and Wade, the king of calls, had 0. Therein lies the key to success. Find a way to bring real-life Wade into the videogame world.

Fifty said:
Hang in there DM.

I see Carmelo had 10 FT's and Wade, the king of calls, had 0. Therein lies the key to success. Find a way to bring real-life Wade into the videogame world.

Use Wade's banker...it=money

Andokuky

Banned
Sorry this isn't really league related but I figured it's as good a place to ask as any, but does anyone else have problems playing 2k7 if their 360 has been on for awhile? If I don't play anything before I load up 2k7 or don't play much before loading it up, it's fine. But if I've been playing Madden or GoW for awhile, when I start a game eventually I always get a dirty disc error message or the game just locks up.

Andokuky said:
Sorry this isn't really league related but I figured it's as good a place to ask as any, but does anyone else have problems playing 2k7 if their 360 has been on for awhile? If I don't play anything before I load up 2k7 or don't play much before loading it up, it's fine. But if I've been playing Madden or GoW for awhile, when I start a game eventually I always get a dirty disc error message or the game just locks up.

Some people here have had that problem, and they use...

crest-whitening-scope_smw.jpg

Rub it on your disc, it supposedly solves the problem for dirty disc error.
[You'd better wait for someone else to post confirmation that I'm correct. I just recall seeing several posts about toothpaste but I could have missed out on a bit or two]

Jobber, I have a trade for you.

If this trade goes down can it just count as 2 down for me? Me and Jobber could've pretty much made this trade with the same players 2 days ago...

Fifty

Truelize said:
When does week 6 advance???

Why? You can't play Z for a while?

I haven't talked to Konex, but I'm thinking not till after Christmas. I'm assuming some people are unable to play, or don't want to, on the 24th/25th

Fifty

Well we'll see.. If one or two games are played today it should be do-able, I just don't want to skip 3 games at the busiest time of year.

jobber

pheeniks said:
Jobber, I have a trade for you.

If this trade goes down can it just count as 2 down for me? Me and Jobber could've pretty much made this trade with the same players 2 days ago...

no way jose

AkaBalla

Ill be watching this trade closely...

Shaq and Payton for Diop and Terry.... If Dallas gets Shaq that would be unbelieveable that would be a better front court than Amare and Bosh!!!!!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Alright, How do I contact Konex's lady friend..? I want to play her before the holiday

Wait what?? Shaq is tradeable??

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Ill be watching this trade closely...

Shaq and Payton for Diop and Terry.... If Dallas gets Shaq that would be unbelieveable that would be a better front court than Amare and Bosh!!!!!

Pretty much. It's the only way SMITCH can beat me, but under the right D, Shaq is containable. It's Dirk floating outside the arc that will give me trouble.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ummmm no way Shaq is tradeable under the rules of this league.

Fifty

Read the rules again. Way before the season started it was the 2 best players, but we changed it to only making the top rated player untradeable to give you guys more flexibility.

But yeah, he declined it..as I thought he would. No matter how bad the Shaq owners do, they won't trade him to me! I've tried two seasons in a row now! Terry will overcome his shooting problems in Dallas it seems.

edit: True and DaddyZ played. 2 games left. Good stuff.

I play DCX this week and he's away this weekend so I'm in no rush to advance :lol but if more people play today we'll do it for the rest of you guys who want to play.

Top Bottom