• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn joo DM damn joo!

matrixbreakscontrolleramz7.jpg

I might have lost,but Shaq 0 points...thats hot.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rorschach said:
Wow...

Haha LeBron is back on top as the points leader.

Jackson 6/20 against Chicago. :D

I just played an offline game before I played online. I was trying to find the sweet release point all game. You can tell because Granger went 0/6. JAXXXXXXXXXX had some key plays in the last few minutes that sealed the game.

JAXXXXXXX will be back on top. Who plays SG for the Nuggs? Oh that's right...NO ONE

edit: (yep JAXXXXXX still shows up in the player spotlight)

Malley I'll be around later today/tonight if you want to play. If not I understand, it is a holiday after all.

-We'll just play tomorrow.

Fifty

DCX, if you're free later tonight to play let me know. I should be able to play >11

If you aren't around, no prob at all.

DCX

DCX
I'm good to go tonight, whenever. Give me a few minutes to settle down get a drink. IM me in like 10 minutes. 11:21pm est.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
Well played. I suck. Lebron will win the scoring title, i have nothing else to play for.

DCX

:lol I was kinda thinking that too before I actually put a game together. Ray will score a ton when I'm losing and get 20 - 25 when I'm winning. So his stats totally depend on my record.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Sorry Chris... i was up north all day and night with family, and today I am heading out to philly with my family, I will be back sometime tonight, if you see me online write me and I will hit you up when I get back....

You signed off like 10 minutes before I got home last night...

Malleymal said:
Sorry Chris... i was up north all day and night with family, and today I am heading out to philly with my family, I will be back sometime tonight, if you see me online write me and I will hit you up when I get back....

You signed off like 10 minutes before I got home last night...

I'll be able to play after 11:30 EST tonight. I'll look for you on AIM around then.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
You cant con a conman!

Vince Carter Trade will go down in GAF History.

Snack really doesnt have a place on my team, Since i have Ben Wallace and i cant trade him anyway

AkaBalla

Trade rule was not even a rule basically.. I like how it changed without any of us knowing until week 3... First it was 2 top players then it changed to 1 player...

Good luck Fifty... Yao will dominate Shaquilla

DCX

DCX
Pack it in boys...Yao ( all i do is crash the boards ) Ming VS Shaq ( all i do is dunk ) O'neal for the tin.

DCX

AkaBalla

Question for all you GAFFERS!!!

Is manually trying to get your own rebounds a exploit in the game or a cheap tactic? I think its just skill and the knack of knowing what you need to do to be effective in the game. It's Basketball man! Crash the boards since the AI wont do it! Isnt that what old high school coach Mr. Cheeba would say?

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Question for all you GAFFERS!!!

Is manually trying to get your own rebounds a exploit in the game or a cheap tactic? I think its just skill and the knack of knowing what you need to do to be effective in the game. It's Basketball man! Crash the boards since the AI wont do it! Isnt that what old high school coach Mr. Cheeba would say?
.... did i light a flame Mr Aka? :lol :lol Remember, this is Mr Hop Step talking :/ How does it feel to be called a cheat?! Not to good i think...by the way, the Mavs play the same way you do...so be prepared to feel what it is like to play yourself :p Plus, it's a compliment to say you will play for the championship...jessh :D

DCX

Fifty

ColdBlooded33 said:
DM was the one getting robbed this time around

I don't know about that. I can score with Shaq, but I don't know how to win with this team. In fact I predict I'll lose my next two games or so until I get the hang of this squad. I'm stuck with them now for better or for worse. I used to have Terry on the floor for almost the whole game as a second play maker and now I'm stuck with Stackhouse at the 2,and with Hill gone I have no GREAT guys coming off the bench.

Oh yeah, and Shaq's a total retard in this game. I just scored 30 points with him (cue matrix bitching) and yet AI Shaq only had 3 boards! The dude just doesn't react.

It'll be interesting trying to win with this team. I'll certainly be playing a different style.

AkaBalla

I think Hop stepping is a flaw in the game... It wasnt a flaw last year or the year before... There's always something thats a flaw in the game... As for offensive rebounding MANUALLY Dam thats you've always been able to do that.. That means instead of watching your opponet shoot the ball and let your Defensive AI grab the rebound on a manually controlled offensive rebound you need to swtich to your big man and BOX OUT!..

I know for a fact it isnt cheating or an exploit but would like to hear some opinions besides yours and Truelizes, since you guys are new jacks to the NBA league (Well Truelize isnt but he sucked at 2k6)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

You knew I would bitch,62 out of your 74 points were in the paint.

I dont like this trade for you,why mess with a 6-1 team?

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
As for offensive rebounding MANUALLY Dam thats you've always been able to do that.. That means instead of watching your opponet shoot the ball and let your Defensive AI grab the rebound on a manually controlled offensive rebound you need to swtich to your big man and BOX OUT!..

It's not cheating or an exploit.

Why mess with a 6-1 team? Because I was bored with that team and I wanted to win in the playoffs, which I haven't been able to do. Run and gun works only so well up until you play Jobber/Malley/AKA who turn my fun n gun show unto something totally different.

Yeah, I score a lot more in the paint.. My next game wont' have that high a %, but since the trade upgraded my center spot from my 5th best option to my 2nd/1st best option I'm going to naturally be taking it inside more.

Btw, Shaq shot 0 FTs that game (I wanted practice!)

CB3

Hop stepping (into the paint im guessing) isnt a cheat or exploit. its more than defendable. If you try hop stepping into the paint on my team, expect Wallace/Thomas/Jamison to swat that shit right back out

Matrix

Fifty said:
Btw, Shaq shot 0 FTs that game (I wanted practice!)

I hardly foul anymore :p

Sorry,next time I'll hack him on purpose.

AkaBalla

ColdBlooded33 said:
Hop stepping (into the paint im guessing) isnt a cheat or exploit. its more than defendable. If you try hop stepping into the paint on my team, expect Wallace/Thomas/Jamison to swat that shit right back out

Wanna scrimmage? Ill show Wallace/Thomas/Jamison the art of effectivly hop step.. Who's Thomas BTW not freaking Etan? :lol the 6'9" Center?:lol

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
I think Hop stepping is a flaw in the game... It wasnt a flaw last year or the year before... There's always something thats a flaw in the game... As for offensive rebounding MANUALLY Dam thats you've always been able to do that.. That means instead of watching your opponet shoot the ball and let your Defensive AI grab the rebound on a manually controlled offensive rebound you need to swtich to your big man and BOX OUT!..

I know for a fact it isnt cheating or an exploit but would like to hear some opinions besides yours and Truelizes, since you guys are new jacks to the NBA league (Well Truelize isnt but he sucked at 2k6)
Hold on, what makes hop stepping a flaw and not manual rebounding? Your argument stinks the flaw is not the fact you can switch to your player and grab the rebound, the flaw is in how players watch the ball hit the ground and refuse to box out ( ask Fifty as Shaq had 3 rebounds in a game ).

There for you exploit it by manually getting the offensive rebound. Point 2, hop stepping is not the flaw, the flaw lies in the way the defense reacts and interacts with the animation and refuses to strips/block/punch or steal. Same with manual catching in Madden, how many times did Rors want to Dm his controller due to Moss not getting to a ball even though he is wide open, now why was manual catching a problem yet, manual d back or safety play ok??

My point is we play in a GAF league to enjoy playing free of exploits and flaws, if not we would just play in random league with random dudes. After HOP STEP Gate, i changed the way i played completely, it effected my game...but i almost refuse to use it to make a point that i can still win a game minus the " flaw " Now people may refuse to look at this as a flaw but in a game against Fifty he out shot me by like 18 shots, and he had like 18 off rebounds which help him to a 50-30 rebounding edge! Mind you most of the off rebounds resulted in made buckets, hence the 20 point win. Yao leads the league in off rebound, as a matter of fact he has more off rebounds the normal rebounds. Just saying...play on player, but the tea pot and kettle are cousins... just saying

DCX

CB3

AkaBalla said:
Wanna scrimmage? Ill show Wallace/Thomas/Jamison the art of effectivly hop step.. Who's Thomas BTW not freaking Etan? :lol the 6'9" Center?:lol

Tyrus Thomas. Power Forward. Looks small in the game but is a hell of a defensive presence. Its a shame i cant put him and Ben Wallace together more because it makes my frontcourt absolute dick offensive wise

act_tyrus_thomas.jpg

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Hold on, what makes hop stepping a flaw and not manual rebounding? Your argument stinks the flaw is not the fact you can switch to your player and grab the rebound, the flaw is in how players watch the ball hit the ground and refuse to box out ( ask Fifty as Shaq had 3 rebounds in a game ).

Switch and manually rebound.. There's ur answer.. Ur letting the defensive AI rebound the ball for you. Do something about it :D

DCX said:
Point 2, hop stepping is not the flaw, the flaw lies in the way the defense reacts and interacts with the animation and refuses to strips/block/punch or steal.

It is a flaw aka exploit

DCX said:
My point is we play in a GAF league to enjoy playing free of exploits and flaws, if not we would just play in random league with random dudes. After HOP STEP Gate, i changed the way i played completely, it effected my game...but i almost refuse to use it to make a point that i can still win a game minus the " flaw " Now people may refuse to look at this as a flaw but in a game against Fifty he out shot me by like 18 shots, and he had like 18 off rebounds which help him to a 50-30 rebounding edge! Mind you most of the off rebounds resulted in made buckets, hence the 20 point win. Yao leads the league in off rebound, as a matter of fact he has more off rebounds the normal rebounds. Just saying...play on player, but the tea pot and kettle are cousins... just saying

DCX

I appreciate you looking at the Hop step complaint and changing your routine Offense of hop stepping everytime down the flor or every other. It's really good that you changed your gameplay even though other than that "flaw" your a great player and a sim one. I usually befor ei point fingers is think about well ,"this is a new jack, new game doesnt know a darn thing about basketball or even the game" so i give them the benefit of the doubt.

Fifty

While I stand by my comment of manual offensive rebounding being legal, I think that if one person ISN'T manually rebounding, it does create an unfair advantage...because the defensive rebounding AI is shit.

We have the current sliders at

15 offensive rebounding

85 defensive

yet the players still don't react that well to defensive boards..maybe we should make it even more in the favor of D.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:

What the fetch man!! Beat you in league play. Asshat.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
While I stand by my comment of manual offensive rebounding being legal, I think that if one person ISN'T manually rebounding, it does create an unfair advantage...because the defensive rebounding AI is shit.

We have the current sliders at

15 offensive rebounding

85 defensive

yet the players still don't react that well to defensive boards..maybe we should make it even more in the favor of D.

crowd.jpeg

DCX

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
My new offense is going to be the Suns of GAF! (if they make their shots!)

Terry + Grant + Wade = 120 pts a game!! (if they make their shots!!!!!!!!!)
Hill won't do crap for you and Wade hasn't done much for you so far. Well, it's good because I have to face you again. :(

Damn, if you're allowed to trade SHAQ away, then I say that anybody on my roster is tradable. I'm not complaining, but this is my opinion on the matter:

We're playing a sim league, there is no way that the Heat would ever trade Shaq away. He's the motor that makes their offense work.

I know that DM is pissed at Shaq for lack of whatever, but dude I think it was a ripoff and it ain't right. I should be able to trade Paul away if it lands me another superstar then, even though he's my highest rated player.

I think next season we should have a veto system.
[I will delete this post if Fifty trades Shaq to me :lol]

Fifty

pheeniks said:
We're playing a sim league, there is no way that the Heat would ever trade Shaq away. He's the motor that makes their offense work.

I know that DM is pissed at Shaq for lack of whatever, but dude I think it was a ripoff and it ain't right. I should be able to trade Paul away if it lands me another superstar then, even though he's my highest rated player.

To the extent that people should play realistically it's sim, not to the extent that every trade must be one that would actually happen in real life. I gave up a lot, that's what counts.

The rules...Well, honestly, talk to Konex. I hate to rat out my co commish but I was ready to stick with the "top two players untradeable" until he decided (before the season started mind you) he wanted to lift the rule, I agreed because I've always been more liberal when it comes to trades, and lo and behold he traded his 2nd best player, Jamison.

I put up the poll on the main page. People seem to like it this way. I'm not defending the rule anymore. I'm always open to changes if that's what the majority wants.

I've reached the 3 trade limit and that's one rule we're sticking with. I made about 8 trades last season, now I can only make 3. I'd say that's more realistic.

DCX

DCX
Z is on the block, i'm looking for a defensive, athletic center/PF in the mold of Tyson Chandler/Camby. Gooden also on the block.

DCX

Top Bottom