• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

AkaBalla

pheeniks said:
Where is Daddyz at? You afraid!?

Oh i forgot to deliver this message to the admins...

Jackme Nuggets says that he is boycotting the league until he can get Iverson on his team. Thats what he relayed to me that im relaying to all you all.

AkaBalla said:
Oh i forgot to deliver this message to the admins...

Jackme Nuggets says that he is boycotting the league until he can get Iverson on his team. Thats what he relayed to me that im relaying to all you all.

Looks like I get this week's win. Go to work, dictators!

stern-dave.jpg

Fifty

AkaBalla said:

Seriously? He bitched to me like a crazy man about not having AI, and I told him calmly there was nothing I could do. He's gotta be kidding. If there's no sign of that game in the works by 10 eastern tonight, I'm going to advance. I don't know what's up with Juan, but I trust he'll make it up so I'm not worried.

Come on Z, I've seen you around. Don't get on my naughty list.

edit: Also, he played only 4 days ago, so AKA's message had to have been just a joke. If he didn't already have two 0-0 games I would advance now but I'd like to not have him lag that far behind.

It's all good

DCX you wanna play tonight after the league is advanced? Probably around 11-11:30 EST?

edit: and I have a message for DaddyZ - Quit being a b i t c h and play your damn games. I was 3-14 last season and still made the effort to play all my games...

Cloudy

Banned
I already told that dumbass it's impossible to get AI on his team. I hope he's joking :lol

edit: Also, I don't understand the crying about manual rebounding (Note: I haven't played Aka with Yao) Is the offensive player just supposed to NOT go for the rebound?

Fifty

Cold and DM are ready to play and I seriously doubt either W7 game is going to get played tonight, so what the hell, I'm advancing.

Konex, PM me if you can play tonight. I can play any time after 10 eastern.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I play True,battle of the shitty teams!

True,I'm free to play tonight from 10:30 pm eastern on.

I cant play tommorow at all.

Fifty

Hopefully this pisses no one off, but I had to revert the week for DM and Juan to play. Everything should be fine by 9:15 or 9:30 if they start now as I think they are.

It's a juggling act.

Fifty

Changed the sliders slightly since almost everyone has been complaining (rightly so) about the "asleep" AI when it comes to rebounds, especially defensive ones. Turned offense from 15 to 10 and defensive boards from 80 to 85. It probably won't change much but..

nbc-tmyk-logo-100x57.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
XBOX LIVE IS DYING

DCX said:
Well i can play tonight, if things are a go...

DCX

Ok. I'd like to play tonight, but who knows if it'll be possible with XBL acting up.

If someone could be so kind as to keep us updated with the status of that it would be much appreciated. I'm at my parents house for one more night so I have to lug the cable modem and cords downstairs, where my 360 is hooked up to the bigger TV, if I want to get on Live...

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Ok. I'd like to play tonight, but who knows if it'll be possible with XBL acting up.

If someone could be so kind as to keep us updated with the status of that it would be much appreciated. I'm at my parents house for one more night so I have to lug the cable modem and cords downstairs, where my 360 is hooked up to the bigger TV, if I want to get on Live...
i'll check in a few, i'm eating right now...

DCX

DCX

DCX
Yeah it aint working as of right now...we'll see if it starts to work soon, but i doubt tonight is a go.

DCX

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
I already told that dumbass it's impossible to get AI on his team. I hope he's joking :lol

Cam'Ron - Shut The **** Up.

And nah, I really wasnt kidding. Still pretty pissed theres nothing we can do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
For anyone still looking to buy the game, check Slickdeals.net or Dealsea.com. Kohls has it on sale for $39. Well worth that price.

Only thing I wish is that there were a league that I could join to play my game with. Oh well.

Wellington said:
For anyone still looking to buy the game, check Slickdeals.net or Dealsea.com. Kohls has it on sale for $39. Well worth that price.

Only thing I wish is that there were a league that I could join to play my game with. Oh well.

You can take DaddyZ's spot...

Wellington said:

WTF is Kohl's doing selling games? I didn't know they did.

(Until last night when I found out they had a copy of Warioware Smooth Moves for 10 bucks)

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
You can take DaddyZ's spot...
Hey can you play Chris? I have some time to play now. Well Chris maybe tonight after 11PM est. I will see you then.

DCX

Fifty

Wellington said:

Earlier in the season I asked if you wanted to be a replacement and you emphatically said no. If you have changed your mind I'll put you at the top of the list, and who knows, there might be a spot in the near future.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well if you were an after-thought and forgotten after having already thrown your hat in for a Season 2, how would you feel?

That said, I would be willing to play as the Nuggets or whoever I would have to replace, provided I get the Knicks in season 3! (Not that there is much competition for them)

Also, my friend has my game, I will have to get it back from him and he is out of town until next week.

DCX said:
Hey can you play Chris? I have some time to play now. Well Chris maybe tonight after 11PM est. I will see you then.

DCX

Sorry man, I had to drive to Chicago today. I'll be able to play sometime after midnight, but if you're not available then that is perfectly understandable and we can play tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Sorry man, I had to drive to Chicago today. I'll be able to play sometime after midnight, but if you're not available then that is perfectly understandable and we can play tomorrow.
Midnight is good for me. Just AIM me or send a message here. AIM= DreamcastKC

DCX

Fifty

DM and I are both 1-0 after the trade. Shaq with 32 points despite being in foul trouble all game. Dirk with a cold shooting game. His release is so slow online.

edit: Holy crap, maybe we should turn 3's up more... AKA and Kems' game had 1/36 combined 3 point shooting! ONE FOR THIRTY SIX!!

AkaBalla

Stubborn Konex didnt want to listen...

I found this on the 2K board.

This post only applies to Xbox 360.

Shot Close 59
Shot Medium 61
Shot Far 62
Shot Free Throw 57
Shot Dunk 53
Shot Layup 57
Clutch Effectiveness 60
Collision Sensitivity 43
Fatigue Rate 56

1/36 is REALLY shitty...

It seems like in this game if you don't make the first few, you won't make many. But I've noticed sometimes players have a tendency to try to shoot their way out of it---it just doesn't work on this game. If I miss several I quit trying unless I have it absolutely wide open.

Fifty

I changed the sliders slightly, using AKA's as a guide. I only raised 3's to the number posted above, and dunks to the number above. There's no way in hell it was a bad idea to do it. No one can say we had too many 3's..and dunks? Well the dunk rating serves to affect missed dunks, and too many people are missing uncontested dunks. Gilbert missed one against me and I rolled my eyes.

Hopefully it produces a few more 3's (nothing crazy but too many smart 3's miss) and less blown dunks. People should go for quality> quantity when it comes to shooting the 3.

People should still do their best to take SMART 3 pointers.

FYI: this game was played with the slightly changed 3 pt sliders and nothing game breaking changed

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=58730&g=3088347

Rorschach

Odom and Bryant missing so many dunks all alone = travesty. Bryant is rated 99 for pete's sake! On the other hand, somehow Parker can elevate 20 feet without a running start. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Rorschach said:
Odom and Bryant missing so many dunks all alone = travesty. Bryant is rated 99 for pete's sake! On the other hand, somehow Parker can elevate 20 feet without a running start. :lol

This man speaks the truth, I saw it with my own eyes....

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
This man speaks the truth, I saw it with my own eyes....
GG, btw...dunno how you can play with that first quarter lag. It might have felt worse than it was because I played an offline league game while waiting, but damn was it painful to shoot for me. Can't believe I managed to catch up. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yea man GG, for some reason I dont know when there is lag or not, i just take a couple shots and try to figure out the releases, I have a problem of opening up strong then always letting up, ask Kem the Fem... I dont know, but good game either way... I am sure we will see each other again in the post season....

Rorschach

Yeah, I think it was the offline game I played that really threw me for a loop. Once I got a better grip on it, I started making shots. Man, I got KILLED on the boards.

Odom with only 4 points. :O I hate when he misses dunks and I always go for easy dunks during fast breaks, not showboating.

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I think it was the offline game I played that really threw me for a loop. Once I got a better grip on it, I started making shots. Man, I got KILLED on the boards.

Odom with only 4 points. :O I hate when he misses dunks and I always go for easy dunks during fast breaks, not showboating.

Did Kenny Smith get angry at Odom for showboating again!?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix: I'm home all day today. So let me know when you can play.

I'm very excited about the dunk slider going up. I lost a game in this season due to two missed wide open dunks late in the game. It was very frustrating. And hopefully Ray and Rashard like the new three pointers setting.

What were threes set at before?

Fifty

So I just tried logging in again on the site and it's still not working.

If Matrix and True were to play tonight I was going to advance after that game when I get in tonight, but unless things change I won't be able to do it via the site. Unless the option magically appears on XBL (oddly enough I couldn't find it) we might be in a bit of a jam.

AkaBalla

For the 4th time!.. Konex Flex Schedule would have been nice.. Why you so stubborn?

Easy rules to enforce as well.. You can play ur week 2 game if your opponet has completed the week 1 game and so on.. If someone went ahead and skipped a week then you just reset the game. No questions asked..

Fifty

That was partially my call as well. This works out fine, and this wouldn't have been a problem if their site was working. The benefits of sticking to a schedle outweigh the negatives. We'd have you, me, DM, Jobber, playing 20 games in two days that way. Of course if and when S3 hits we'll poll people.

Anyway, it's no big. The site might be working tonight and even if it isn't, we can wait one day or so.

Top Bottom