• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
****ING A THIS IS HORSESHIT DIE VC SERVERS

WTF I'm shooting awesome today and the game has to start lagging and shit and then wants me and CB to abort.

**** this.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Damn that was the first time thats happened to me in a league game. What you doin over there matrix, downloading Mario Williams highlights?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Its never happened to me before and I'm not downloading anything.

DMczaf

WTF I'm shooting awesome today and the game has to start lagging and shit and then want me and CB to abort.

protest0121.jpg

CB3

i was just getting momentum also! i semi-stopped you and pulled it within 10 :lol

Matrix

:(

This is bs,I'm up 15 in the middle of the 2nd and the game gets all retarded.I was up 10 near the end of the 3rd and it says "**** YOU MATRIX" you can play CB again,shoot worse and lose.

I'm done with this game today cause im sure it will happen again.

CB3

Matrix said:
:(

This is bs,I'm up 15 in the middle of the 2nd and the game gets all retarded.I was up 10 near the end of the 3rd and it says "**** YOU MATRIX" you can play CB again,shoot worse and lose.

I'm done with this game today cause im sure it will happen again.

I could feel it in the beginning also. It was lagging just choppy enough for me to feel the delay on the movement.

Matrix

I didnt feel any lag at the start,maybe thats why I was shooting so well *shrug*

Sure its not on your end? :p

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Who wants to play an exhibition? I havent played NBA2K7 since 2006!

I'll play you,I want to see if its my connection,the servers or some other bs.

Short 5 min quarters,meet me in the lobby.

CB3

Matrix said:
I didnt feel any lag at the start,maybe thats why I was shooting so well *shrug*

Sure its not on your end? :p

Nah, my shit's running fine.

I dont think ive ever seen one team go off in the first 4 minutes of the game just to have to other team go off to end the 1st quarter and pull ahead. I was ready to throw something :lol

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Nah, my shit's running fine.

I dont think ive ever seen one team go off in the first 4 minutes of the game just to have to other team go off to end the 1st quarter and pull ahead. I was ready to throw something :lol

:lol Yea you were on fire and then my team went nuts,I think you should have called a timeout to gather yourself :p

Matrix

Its the f-ing servers.

Dm and I almost played a full game,ugh.

Man Im hotttttt tonight.

DMczaf

Im 0-3 in exhibitions, and 3-0 in league games.

I think the trade flipped my luck, because i was awesome in exhibitions and sucked ass in the league before it. I won't complain though! :lol

Matrix

Man, this has to be the longest week ever :lol

We're almost to the half way point, let's keep this baby rolling :)

Also, Happy New Year everyone!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My friend comes back into town on Thursday, I am looking to get the game on the same day. So yes, I know I do owe you a game Fifty!

Fifty

Yeah, it is a long week, but I haven't lost faith.

Jobber is the only one I'm worried about, oddly enough..Never though I'd say that. I have no idea why he hasn't played Malley yet. The other two games have valid excuses (sick, disconnected)

If 2 of the 3 remaining games get played (denver excluded), we can advance.

Hopefully that happens tomorrow!

edit: CK, you don't owe me a game...yet. Once we advance this lengthy week, then that'll be the week I play you. We're not there quite yet.

double edit: I See Jobber's online.......playing single player. That rules out him being out of town.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
Jobber is the only one I'm worried about, oddly enough..Never though I'd say that. I have no idea why he hasn't played Malley yet.

double edit: I See Jobber's online.......playing single player. That rules out him being out of town.

I've had some stuff come up in the past week or so. I've contacted Malpractice a few times with the latest being this morning. He said he would post/PM me when he was ready but that didn't happen obviously. I'm still willing to commit to playing my games, but not with the blow you out mentality I once had. I assume I'll get that back in a few more days.

CabbagePatch.

Fifty

jobber said:
I'm still willing to commit to playing my games, but not with the blow you out mentality I once had. I assume I'll get that back in a few more days.

Aww that's sweet of you. As long as you keep playing, I don't care if you lose the eye of the tiger (as a convenient excuse), since after all, you beat me in the playoffs this year. Pacers are no Spurs, that's for sure.

Glad to hear from you though.

Matrix

Cb you around? Maybe we can try again now.

Matrix

Matrix

HOLY SHIT IT WONT LET US PLAY

I give up

Matrix

Not sure,f-ing awful.

I cant play tonight cause its my bday..GREAT GIFT VC!

I'll be home around midnight eastern time if you want to try again,so thats Thursday morning :p Hopefully the servers will be normal.

Matrix

Thanks

27...this year I truly feel old :(

DMczaf

BTW, theres a patch coming for NBA2K7 soon

Mod at OS said:
The patch is in MS' hands. It was rejected at first because it was too large... from that point, they went through and found other ways to fix things.

Damn it MS...I want the full patch!

Matrix

Patch for what?

Matrix

:lol :lol :lol

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Do you have arthritis and stuff? When does social security kick in? I'm worried about you man.
Hopefully, he can read this. GAF should let you up your font size for such occasions.

Fifty

Ok..Hopefully True and DCX can play tonight. If we need to advance without Matrix and Cold, then so be it. I know they'll make it up.

Matrix and Cold might play late tonight as well. I don't know if they've ever played in the past, but perhaps it's a router compatibility issue. I've had that with a couple people, and it's been solved by manually connecting my modem to my 360. Just a last ditch suggestion if the servers still won't let them play.

So yeah, we should be advanced no later than tomorrow morning. I wouldn't count on playing any games until then, although there's a slight chance we'll advance late late tonight (thurs morning technically)

Next week should be a bit easier, that's my guess.

Matrix

Thanks for the bday wishes and for making me feel older :)

Fifty I think some of the issues might be with my service and not router issues.

I believe they have planned downtime for tomorrow,so I wont be able to use the net or play online till its back up :( You might have to push the league ahead and CB and I will have to make the game up.

edit- Cb I think we would just lose connection,my internet has been garbage today.

We could try but I dont think its worth it.

Fifty

I'm waiting for DCX and True. I saw True on earlier, so he can't be that sick. I think they might be playing tonight. Going back in the schedule to make up games takes a lot of coordination between us (me, Konex) and the players, and I don't want to have 3 games unplayed in a week.

CB3

ChrisJames said:
Cold, you wanna play our week 10 game tonight after the league is advanced (True can't be that sick)?

Yeah, i can play sometime tonight

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
I'm waiting for DCX and True. I saw True on earlier, so he can't be that sick. I think they might be playing tonight. Going back in the schedule to make up games takes a lot of coordination between us (me, Konex) and the players, and I don't want to have 3 games unplayed in a week.

I was still too sick to play a game of NBA. I should be fine tomorrow though. I laid on the couch and played The Godfather all day. Good times. But I couldn't sit up without feeling dizzy (not sure what's wrong with me) and I can't play NBA laying down.

Fifty

Week Advanced

Week 9 was already the longest of the season, and too many people were ready to play their W10 games yesterday. I couldn't hold it up any longer.

It's better to make up one game than to risk people losing interest in the league from moving too slow all of a sudden.

Top Bottom