• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

DMczaf

Hmm, I finally get to the FT line more than my opponent and the game disconnects...

Looks like NBA2K7 called Cox to make sure this game doesnt get recorded :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Still getting to the line wasnt going to result in a W,but I guess its the little victories that count :p

DMczaf

Pfft, I've done crazier stuff in the final mins of games. Ask Jobber! Of course, after I comeback with a crazy run in 60 secs, I **** up and lose the game anyway somehow (like Jobber missing an FT with secs left and I dont get the rebound...woo!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Pfft, I've done crazier stuff in the final mins of games. Ask Jobber! Of course, after I comeback with a crazy run in 60 secs, I **** up and lose the game anyway somehow.

No way would Air JJ let me lose,look how helpless you look in this pic...

469771.jpeg

jj_redick.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
my passion to play this game online is pretty much blah at this moment.

Now normally after the 2nd quarter I had, I would keep my foot on the pedal and keep attacking, but I let go and couldn't get get back in the game.
Unlike my game with Malpractice, playing Jackson ball didn't get it done. I lost to a better player tonight. Good job for staying in the game and winning.

As far as me getting beat on the boards...I asked JAX and he responded with a simple...
2482c2e8a1be4a4b9e878a9gu6.jpg

edit: WTF I just noticed I lost all my games when I use the 2003 uniforms. :lol
061010miller3gettyem2.jpg

Matrix

jobber said:
my passion to play this game online is pretty much blah at this moment.

Thats cause you dont have the overrated Spurs at your command :eek:

Fifty

This is all part of Jobber's plan to face me in round 1 of the playoffs. He's trying to get the 7th seed! I won't let him beat me again!!

Wellington said:
Anyone who had Denver on the schedule and never got to play, if you want to go at it I am down.

I can make up our game (pistons week 4) sometime in the whenever you're around and if we have Fifty/Konex around to move it back for us.

Cold let me know when you want to play.

edit: nevermind, now i'll be able to play this weekend, including tonight.

DCX

DCX
Well True and I are going to play today for sure, if he doesn't he is willing to take the loss ( at least that's what he said ). So around 11ish or a bit past that. I hope at least.

DCX

Fifty

Odds are people will be playing current week games at that time. If they are, we can't go back then. Current games take priority. (I won't be here tonight until late anyway)

You guys don't need to worry that much...previous weeks can be made up at any time provided all parties are present. If no one is playing W 10 and Konex is around @ 11, then by all means play it tonight, but if that's not the situation, there's plenty of time later to make it up.

edit:
if he doesn't he is willing to take the loss ( at least that's what he said )

He's free to not want to make up the game and take the loss, but all I'm saying is we're not going to force you guys to rush it now that we've advanced

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Odds are people will be playing current week games at that time. If they are, we can't go back then. Current games take priority. (I won't be here tonight until late anyway)

You guys don't need to worry that much...previous weeks can be made up at any time provided all parties are present. If no one is playing W 10 and Konex is around @ 11, then by all means play it tonight, but if that's not the situation, there's plenty of time later to make it up.

edit:

He's free to not want to make up the game and take the loss, but all I'm saying is we're not going to force you guys to rush it now that we've advanced
Yeah, i guess we could make it up at any point in the season...no point to giving up a loss...

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm feeling alright today (knock on wood) so I'll be able to play either my game against DCX or Konex whenever.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's amazing how painfully unremarkable the Nuggets are. The guys can't shoot, can't rebound and are boring overall except for 'Melo. No wonder Daddy quit after picking such a terrible team.

Fifty

You're free to make trades, to shake them up a bit, provided you follow the trade rules on the main page.

Fifty

Nah. Miller's a good pass first PG if anyone needs one..Camby is a top defensive center. I wanted J.R Smith on my team last year and if I had any trades left I'd go for him. Great 3's and finishing ability. Nene's probably your biggest asset, as he's a very good post player and he's not even one of your starters. I traded for him last year and he really helped me. Boykins is an asset as well, as a 78 rated backup.

edit: just checked, camby's actually your highest rated player so cross of trading him.

Fifty said:
Nah. Miller's a good pass first PG if anyone needs one..Camby is a top defensive center. I wanted J.R Smith on my team last year and if I had any trades left I'd go for him. Great 3's and finishing ability. Nene's probably your biggest asset, as he's a very good post player and he's not even one of your starters. I traded for him last year and he really helped me. Boykins is an asset as well, as a 78 rated backup.

edit: just checked, camby's actually your highest rated player so cross of trading him.

I'd personally give him leeway on this one...I know rules are rules and you want to enforce them [I would too] but I'd suggest allowing this trade and then seeing if anyone has objections. I just don't know how CAMBY is an 88...should be 84 at the very highest to me.

Carmelo's the untradable one...

ColdBlooded, can you play our game tonight in about an hour?

I haven't heard from you in a while and would like to play our game soon. Let me know.

AkaBalla

The steal factor raises like the computer AI stealing passes, however they go for the pump fakes, reaching and trying to block every shot for high amounts of fouling

Rorschach

You'll get blocking calls all the time against people online. And your guys will get burned to a crisp by the faster players.

AkaBalla

Also to add if you had abunch of Ron Artest's on the floor then your defense would be incredible with the defensive pressure all the way up!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
What is the downside to turning defensive pressure all the way up?

I always found that my players would get burned all the time, that they would commit more fouls and that the rebounders would be outta position because they were following the intelligent big men outta to the three point line. :)

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I'm home this afternoon if either Konex or DCX can play. Hit me on AIM or xboxlive.
Maybe later tonight we can get our game in, when people aren't playing current week games. Malley i'm also looking to get our current week game in, let me know what times are good for you?

DCX

Matrix

Juan,Im in the lobby.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ChrisJames said:
Wellie, you want to try and make up our week 4 game later tonight?

That'd be swell.

My AIM nick is InsecureKillah.

I am out of town tomorrow to watch the playoff games. So I can't play again until Monday.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
It'd be nice to get some games in today. We only have 3 left for the week.
Trust me! I would LOVE too. Last weeks opp i can't seem to get a game in with and this week is also MIA. Looks like two DNFs in a row for the Cavs.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've set up a game with Konex as soon as the in-laws leave after dinner tonight. I might be able to play my game with you right after if I haven't thrown my controller through the tv by then. :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ChrisJames said:
ColdBlooded, can you play our game tonight in about an hour?

I haven't heard from you in a while and would like to play our game soon. Let me know.

im back. I can play tonight after if the eagles game if your around

Fifty

We'll advance no later than tomorrow night. 3 games left. at least 2 of them should be played by then. I know people are around, they're just missing each other. 11 ish we'll advance regardless, but I'm hoping everyone will be done.

Fifty

konex advancing the league tonight...just in case anyone wants to play late.

in like 30 mins or so. I'm going off now. goodnight kids

Top Bottom