• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow. I just lost again. I missed two shots under the hoop in the last 7 seconds to win. I shot the first one with Rashard Lewis and he did that little jump hook animation (which is usually gold) but that bobbled out. I got the rebound with Ridnour and he did a similar animation but put it off the glass and it bobbled out too. Just sad.

Also I screwed up and took Ray out with 7 seconds left. I noticed it and called another timeout and put him back in (showed him in the lineup in the box) and when I went to inbounds the ball he still wasn't in. Ugh. Worst luck.

I lost 93-92 to Konex. Who happened to score 70 of his 93 points in the paint this game. That's 75%. WOW! Even if you take away his fast break points he still scored 62% of his points in the paint. Only had 8 offensive rebounds too. Jobber had over 20 offensive rebounds on me and didn't score that much in the paint. That is just crazy.

I could have won. I'm not pointing it out to whine and say that's the reason I lost, but if I had known it was cool to go inside that much I would have taken some easier shots.

70. Ouch.

Truelize said:
Wow. I just lost again. I missed two shots under the hoop in the last 7 seconds to win. I shot the first one with Rashard Lewis and he did that little jump hook animation (which is usually gold) but that bobbled out. I got the rebound with Ridnour and he did a similar animation but put it off the glass and it bobbled out too. Just sad.

Also I screwed up and took Ray out with 7 seconds left. I noticed it and called another timeout and put him back in (showed him in the lineup in the box) and when I went to inbounds the ball he still wasn't in. Ugh. Worst luck.

I lost 93-92 to Konex. Who happened to score 70 of his 93 points in the paint this game. That's 75%. WOW! Even if you take away his fast break points he still scored 62% of his points in the paint. Only had 8 offensive rebounds too. Jobber had over 20 offensive rebounds on me and didn't score that much in the paint. That is just crazy.

I could have won. I'm not pointing it out to whine and say that's the reason I lost, but if I had known it was cool to go inside that much I would have taken some easier shots.

70. Ouch.

Yeah, I've always wanted to touch up on that issue.

I don't think it's fair to look purely at stats like that. Not that I'm saying you're wrong, True, but I remember last time we played you looked at the stat sheet early in the game and I knew I got a lot of points in the paint...but none of them were forced. It really depends on how your opponent is playing.

To me, cheesing is this:
Isomotion
Isomotion
Isomotion
Isomotion
Hop Step
Dunk

I don't mind if that happens to me once in a while in the game, especially if it's with an elite guard (I don't want any of that shit with a guy like Duncan..) but if it's really obvious that the player is forcing himself into the paint repeatedly with too much isomotion bullshit, and it looks absolutely unrealistic and awkward, then there's a problem. I am guessing that everybody here knows basketball very well so we've all got the same judgment...

So yeah, I guess that if you have an easy shot inside, go for it. I don't care how many points in the paint my opponent had, but if they are cheesing their way to it, then I talk.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,I can play from 8 pm eastern time and on.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB,I can play week 9 now if Fifty or Konex can set it back.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
CB,I can play week 9 now if Fifty or Konex can set it back.

Fifty just got off and Konex isnt on

Nevermind, fifty is gonna set it back right now. lets play! meet me in the lobby

Matrix

I'm talking to Fifty's thru pm's here.

Fifty set it back! :p

edit- ok

Matrix

Figures I lose the rematch *sigh*

I cant hit fts anymore,damn fts in college hoops has messed me up.

CB3

Matrix said:
Figures I lose the rematch *sigh*

I cant hit fts anymore,damn fts in college hoops has messed me up.

you still shot damn near 50% from 3-pt range. How the **** does dooling nail all those god damn shots!

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
you still shot damn near 50% from 3-pt range. How the **** does dooling nail all those god damn shots!

:lol

Practice.

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
I damn near threw something when he hit that 3-pointer like 10 feet away from the actual 3-pt line.

haha that shot was by mistake too

I was like oops and then as soon as I released it I knew it was in

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
haha that shot was by mistake too

I was like oops and then as soon as I released it I knew it was in
Hey Matrix we can tonight, if you are around.

DCX

Matrix

I can lose now,reply back and ill go on.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
uh...looks like i'm out of action for a while (3 red lights of doom)

Matrix

DCX,Im in the lobby if you want to ball.

Fifty

Well it's about time someone really kicked my ass. That game was insane. After the first quarter I thought we were going back and forth down to the wire, but I was shut down in the second.

I shot .520, Juan shot .560. I never had a jump shooting game because of the amount of dunks he had over me..What does that mean? That means every time Shaq got posterized (a ton!) I'd go back inside and more often than him I'd miss. I was outgunned and I played a lazy game full of bad decisions.

Juan played really great D. Better than anyone I've played this season. He wanted it more.

Matrix

Cloudy

Banned
Kems is playing Rors now and she is gonna join the forum to voice her complaints about the 3pt shooting :lol

CB3

Cloudy said:
Kems is playing Rors now and she is gonna join the forum to voice her complaints about the 3pt shooting :lol

Tell her to deal with it. Im still shooting shit like 2/7 against opponents who are hitting 9/21. But i still find ways to win!

CB3

baby-cry.jpg

Matrix

were fouls turned down or something?

I swear you cant get calls in this game anymore unless you pump fake.

I shot 7 fts the whole game against DCX and he only shot 8.

I know we fouled eachother inside,but no calls.

Cloudy

Banned
kememsi (12:35:24 AM): felt like he dropped 20 threes on me
Konex2k4 (12:35:26 AM): lol
kememsi (12:35:33 AM): turned out it was only 14
Konex2k4 (12:35:33 AM): u took a lot as well
kememsi (12:35:34 AM): ugh
kememsi (12:35:42 AM): ya i was like shit if he can make them so can i
Konex2k4 (12:35:46 AM): lol
kememsi (12:35:46 AM): didnt work that way
kememsi (12:35:49 AM): lol

Wellie, check your pms...

DCX

DCX
I marvel @ Matrix and his 3 pt shooting, holy crap...Bogans is like Larry Bird, and holy shit @ Hedo going for 14 pts in the first without missing one shot!! You impose your will, i had to play your game and run and gun, my players were dead tired...missing all those shots in the 4th, i'm glad i had a decent lead because if not you would have won.

DCX

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
:lol let her talk about the points in the paint while she's at it...and she took 23, so...

If she leaves odom and parker WIDE open and only covers the lanes, then I'm taking that wide open shot. The 3 point shots allowed her to comeback, anyway...I didn't make any in the last quarter.

She can do better if she stops taking her defenders off my guards and covering passing lanes/double teaming other guys. That's a gimme shot.

Matrix

DCX said:
I marvel @ Matrix and his 3 pt shooting, holy crap...Bogans is like Larry Bird, and holy shit @ Hedo going for 14 pts in the first without missing one shot!! You impose your will, i had to play your game and run and gun, my players were dead tired...missing all those shots in the 4th, i'm glad i had a decent lead because if not you would have won.

DCX

I cant do anything but hit threes now :( I'm losing games cause of this and I have lost the ablity to hit anything with JJ.

I have no post game,I dont use Howard enough cause I cant get his shot down.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
I cant do anything but hit threes now :( I'm losing games cause of this and I have lost the ablity to hit anything with JJ.

Wanna play me and hit your 130%? :(

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

Crazy, man you need to drive more often, set up passing lanes for your bigs for easy shots, and even your three point shooting, not that you need help there. About the fouls, yeah i felt the refs held their whistles Lebron usually gets 10 trips to the line a night.

DCX

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Wanna play me and hit your 130%? :(

Sure,but these damn practice games against you and Fifty have basically destroyed my season :lol

I'll be on in 5.

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
I told y'all that making 3s easier would only lead to abuse/over-reliance but what do I know :p
Bleh...I don't think it was abuse. Read my post. I wasn't in favor of the 3s being higher, anyway.

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
I told y'all that making 3s easier would only lead to abuse/over-reliance but what do I know :p
No, it makes the games a bit more realistic. It's todays NBA. I mean you have Rasual Butler in real life taking 14 3s! I mean yes he's the Hornets gunner, but still he aint Reggie Miller. Live and die by the 3.

DCX

Fifty

Yeah...because everyone was complaining about them. Read the thread more!

Too many open 3's were being missed. You need it more than most Malley, you have the worst 3 pt game in the league.

9/59 (15%) in real life the Jazz are 33%

We're in no trouble. If Rors was indeed making open shots then that's how it should be. I stressed from the start of the change people shouldn't force shots now.

and finally

http://online.2ksports.com/league/stats?p=360&l=58730&a=sort&s=4&so=3P%

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/b...team&conference=NBA&year=season_2006&sort=230

I do wish that the game let you play better jumpshot D at times. Smush nailed a bunch against me in a recent game because my only two options seemed to be (jump and foul him) or (stand close to him and watch as the computer automatically puts their hand up 1 second too late)

edit:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/player?p=360&l=58730&pl=204 Matrix, I think you just shy away from the post game for whatever reason. Maybe it's the tempo of the game, but you're shooting an insane % with him. It's just a matter of giving him more touches I think.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wasn't exactly happy that Fiddy was hitting three pointers seemingly all game against me with Josh Howard, especially since I felt that a lot of those were while he was covered. Well it really only bothers me since I don't have a bonafide three point man, otherwise I'd do the same thing.

Malley if you are around tonight we can go at it. I think I am getting better, I finally won a game offline... in pro difficulty... with the Knicks!

Fifty

It's all about the D you play. Well, it mostly is. That was your first online game, and you didn't manually cover my perimeter guys when they had the ball so I had some room to shoot with Howard, whereas Juan really got up in Howard's grill and I shot horribly with him all game because of that.

I have no idea how you guys play good defense online. It's so much more different from offline, where I can actually stay in front of my man...for all who have played me, you can see that it is too easy to shake me on defense cause my guy is just sliding around out there. And yes, I do hold down left trigger.

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
I have no idea how you guys play good defense online. It's so much more different from offline, where I can actually stay in front of my man...for all who have played me, you can see that it is too easy to shake me on defense cause my guy is just sliding around out there. And yes, I do hold down left trigger.
I played pretty good perimeter defense against Matrix, and forced JJ to 1 for 9 shooting but i t didn't even effect Bogans nor Hedo Turk; as they were on fire, i out hands up, i beat them to the spot, and i jump all in thier face even getting some fouls and nothing..i guess when you're on fire, you just are on fire...

DCX

Matrix

practice game,anyone?

Top Bottom