• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Wellington said:
Guess I can't play Kememsi either, so if Konex shows up, anyone who I owe a game to is cool with me.

For those that don't know, I am on the east coast and have to be up at 5 AM to get to work.

I can play you at 10 if you want. As long as someone can move the week back for us. Let me know if that's what you want to do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ChrisJames said:
I can play you at 10 if you want. As long as someone can move the week back for us. Let me know if that's what you want to do.

Hop on AIM my friend, Fifty won't set the week back until you show up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pheeniks you want to play?

edit- whoa reset to week 4,nm.

Fifty

You're pussying out on the Rockets/Suns game? Shame on you!

Your game will be made up soon enough, just remember to ask me ahead of time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My ibook can rest on my bed while I glance over at the score :p

I didnt buy league pass,waiting for the discount after the all-star break.

OK you can move the week back now.

I don't know how I lost that game, but it never helps when the free throw margin is 32 to 3 :lol that is just ridiculous. Oh well, Wellie played good and deserved the win just as much as I did.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I thought those missed FTs were going to sink me. When I ran all the way back and got that huge block with Camby near the end of the game, I was like :-0

Wellington said:
I thought those missed FTs were going to sink me. When I ran all the way back and got that huge block with Camby near the end of the game, I was like :-0

Yeah, I couldn't believe Camby made that play. Rip was so far ahead of him I thought I had a wide open layup to take the lead, but nooo :lol Congratulations bro, have fun at work in the morning :D

Fifty

AKA, will you be ready to play our epic game tonight? The league will almost certainly be advancing at 11 (unless a game is taking place from this week then) and we can play from then on.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Shame you didn't roll last night. Why must you mess with our heads and always be on "away" , Truelize?!

You mean my AIM? No clue why it always says away. I'm usually hanging out during the evenings. But last night I went and saw Rocky with the wife (great movie).

So DM? Can we play tonight?

Matrix

Anyone seen Pheeniks around?

I guess I'll hold onto that free win :)

Ck,when you want to rumble?

Matrix

Poor Dm is destroying Wade's career :lol

5/16 10 pts and no trips to the line!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I finally got my second win!!!

And if you (DM) even for a second get mad and throw a controller and threaten to quit cause you hate this game so much, I will lose it. :) After all the missed layups and close shots that I had, ugh. The game totally did everything it could for you to win.

You guys wanna know another reason this game SUCKS ?

I steal the ball. Watson leaks out. I give the fast break pass and Diop catches Watson in the key AND gets in front of him to stop his progress. What a CROCK!!!!!

I still have to make up two games. 1 against DCX and the other against Cold. Hopefully sometime this weekend we can get those done.

DMczaf

I know you wanted a 2nd win but...

dsc03803rx8.jpg

2 games in a row I get guys driving at me over and over again. Is this some kind of inside joke? Try to make me go crazy enough to break my 360 :|

Matrix

:lol

"And if you (DM) even for a second get mad and throw a controller and threaten to quit cause you hate this game so much I will lose it. After all the missed layups and close shots that I had, ugh. The game totally did everything it could for you to win.
"

:lol after viewing that pic

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:

2 games in a row I get guys driving at me over and over again. Is this some kind of inside joke? Try to make me go crazy enough to break my 360 :|

Oh you can seriously blow me. :lol. My points in the paint were BARELY more than yours. And I wouldn't have had that many shots close in if you weren't manually double teaming me from the middle of the 3rd till the end of the game.

Come on now.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I finally got my second win!!!

And if you (DM) even for a second get mad and throw a controller and threaten to quit cause you hate this game so much, I will lose it. :) After all the missed layups and close shots that I had, ugh. The game totally did everything it could for you to win.

You guys wanna know another reason this game SUCKS ?

I steal the ball. Watson leaks out. I give the fast break pass and Diop catches Watson in the key AND gets in front of him to stop his progress. What a CROCK!!!!!

I still have to make up two games. 1 against DCX and the other against Cold. Hopefully sometime this weekend we can get those done.
well i have time now for either of you guys, you now and Dm when the week advances.

DCX

DMczaf said:

dsc03803rx8.jpg

He only shot 37 out of 51 shots in the paint, what's so bad about that?

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I'm good to play 2morrow night...

You better make some outside shots against your next opponent...DUNK MAN!

DRAMA

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
He only shot 37 out of 51 shots in the paint, what's so bad about that?

There is nothing wrong with what I did. I cannot believe he would even mention it. Weak. You include offensive rebounds and fast break points and all of a sudden it's not even half of my shots came from the paint.

I won cause DM was manually doubling in the 4th and it was leaving guys open and I hit my free throws for the first time ever. I think I went 14 for 17 which is unheard of for me.

Like I said the game did everything it could to help DM win. But when all you do is look for threes you are bound to turn the ball over and miss a shot sooner or later.

And that shot chart is WAY off. I took 9 threes not 4. And on the other stat page it said my team shot somewhere around 44%.

DMczaf

Truelize said:
Oh you can seriously blow me. :lol. My points in the paint were BARELY more than yours. And I wouldn't have had that many shots close in if you weren't manually double teaming me from the middle of the 3rd till the end of the game.

Come on now.

Only reason I was manually doubling in the 3rd was because you would take me into the paint anytime I had man on man and it was pretty much impossible to stop you, and even with the manual double you would still get deep enough to get the ball on the rim to either make it or your teammate would get an offensive rebound because I had to put so much effort in stopping you.

When I see my opponent is trying to drive to the paint over and over, I'm forced to do it myself unless I want to get blown out (which I almost was, I was down by like 15-17 at one point). Whats the point of even talking about this, I'm just going to run into another opponent who does it to me in the future, and have to deal with the same drama of "I didn't do anything wrong!"

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
Only reason I was manually doubling in the 3rd was because you would take me into the paint anytime I had man on man and it was pretty much impossible to stop you, and even with the manual double you would still get deep enough to get the ball on the rim to either make it or your teammate would get an offensive rebound because I had to put so much effort in stopping you.

When I see my opponent is trying to drive to the paint over and over, I'm forced to do it myself unless I want to get blown out (which I almost was, I was down by like 15-17 at one point). Whats the point of even talking about this, I'm just going to run into another opponent who does it to me in the future, and have to deal with the same drama of "I didn't do nothing wrong!"

What would you like me to do when you reach with your PG ever time I dribble down the floor? Do you think I should go by you into the wide open lane? Or just stand there and let you regroup.
Don't pull at straws man. You know I don't exploit this game. If I was trying to take you off the dribble it was because I was trying to get a good pullup jumper and pull someone else outta position.
Like I just said in my above post, when you subtract my offensive rebounds and fast break points all of a sudden less than half of my points are in the paint.

Just cause I can't sit outside and loft up 23 threes in a game and be competitive doesn't mean that taking what you give me is bad basketball. If you reach I go by you. If you take a three and miss I fast break.

I'm the worst player in this league and I play the same way every freakin game. So outta 13 games I've won 2 cause finally I got a steal at the end and hit some free throws. Yup I must be a cheeser.

Truecheese

Matrix

:lol @ Truecheese

Fifty

Dammit!

GG AKA. I know it says you beat me by 7 points, but it was a one possession game the entire game basically. Real tight defensive game. That late offensive rebound you got really was the nail in the coffin, and it pissed the hell out of me, but I'm not going to sulk about it, you deserved to win in the end.

edit: I would have won had Shaq not been in foul trouble all game...that I swear. It's my fault partially because I was too aggressive on D with him, but he got to 4 fouls so damn quickly. Anyway, he was having a great game before he jumped to foul fouls before the half. :( I should have taken out Yao's knees, tonya harding style.

Matrix

Rockets winning it all this season.

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Cmon Jobber.. Remember the Sweep last season? DCX?? :lol
Cocky, cocky kooky, you must not sleep dooky, because i have the power to stop the china tower and you will fall like LeBrons three ball...:D Man i need sex, see ya guys, i'm waking my girl up..peace brothers!

DCX

Matrix

jobber said:
not if I get to the playoffs!

You cant even beat me,good luck with that!

:eek:

DRAMA

hey I only lost by 6 to you aka! dont laugh at me :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkaBalla said:
Cmon Jobber.. Remember the Sweep last season? DCX?? :lol

Only one's i'm worried about is Fiddy and Malley..... As for the rest of you....:lol

as I recall both games came down to the final minute and I beat Fif and Malpractice already.

*bows*

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Doesnt Matter.. Who got the W's? And who had the Spurs to the Celts... Cmon....

The Spurs can't shoot outside Manu. Normally I would drive inside or let Duncan do something in the lane but I didn't want to be called out like Truecheeser.

The Pacers can actually make jumpers which expands my game when I feel up to it. I have 24 fouls waiting for Yao if you try to post up.

AkaBalla

Haha Nice.. Well thats good u got jump shooters.. Whats wrong with Parker, Finley, Barry, Beno and Horry's midrange? I'd have to check them out one time..

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Haha Nice.. Well thats good u got jump shooters.. Whats wrong with Parker, Finley, Barry, Beno and Horry's midrange? I'd have to check them out one time..

you do that and see if you can hit a shot outside the lane. I've been money with Parker since 2k2 and this year I can't make a wide open jumper on the baseline :lol Art imitates life I suppose.

Matrix...I can play our game later today, around maybe 5 PM CT or something. The time isn't exact, but just know I'm around later tonight...

Matrix

Pheeniks I'm around now if you want to try to play.

Of course we will need Fifty/or Konex to set the league back.

Top Bottom