• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
She did that against me and I recall bitching to Fifty in private about it cause I didnt want to stir up drama.

*shrug*

I figured she had stopped cause no one else complained :lol

Oh no. She hasn't stopped. It was a frustrating experience. Hardly ever played manual D either. I did my best to cheese it up to stay in the game but like always I can't shoot worth crap and I can't keep up.

Fifty

Hmm, that's 3 complaints within 12 hours now. Cold was telling me about that in his last game, but he didn't want to create more drama. I'm not sure exactly how to handle the issue. I can say that overuse of hop stepping and frequent full court passes are banned, but what then? If the next person complains should I take away a win from Kems? It's annoying, that's for sure.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Hmm, that's 3 complaints within 12 hours now. Cold was telling me about that in his last game, but he didn't want to create more drama. I'm not sure exactly how to handle the issue. I can say that overuse of hop stepping and frequent full court passes are banned, but what then? If the next person complains should I take away a win from Kems? It's annoying, that's for sure.

I might be the worst of the GAF bunch but she wouldn't have beat me without that crap. The rest of her game was nothing scary at all.
It was either a pass into the post and a back down to hop step move, or it was 2 or 3 isomotion moves with a pg and a hop step into the paint. I don't think she took a single jumpshot with Brand at all. It was just back-down, back-down, spin, hopstep, dunk.

Copy and paste the rules from our last league onto the current league page. Full court passes, full court pressure when not down by more than 10, hop step abuse, play SOME manual defense at least etc....
She's good. She's just not used to GAF styles. I mean Shawn was much more fun to play against at the end of our first season than he was at the start.

Fifty

She's Konex's friend..I'll let him explain the rules more clearly if that's a problem. Everyone has been great this year, playing legit, and I don't recall having an issue with her game, but my eyes might have been clouded because of my win.

I remember after Kems beat me that it was the most frustrated I've been after a loss in this league so far. I felt like I had been robbed and didn't know how I lost the game. I'm not taking away the win from her, she won, but I wanted to add some input to the topic of her play.

-for the record, I think that she is an asset to the league. Anybody that plays their games in a timely fashion and can be contacted is an asset to the league in my eyes. I know that nobody is perfect; I frequently get mad at myself for how crappy I'm playing. I just think she needs to be told about the hop step and a few other rules, that's all.

Rorschach

A couple of people, who shall remain nameless, have done the full court press most of our game and it is pretty annoying, but it's beatable because it does have disadvantages. That said, it's against the rules, so it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. I've tried to leave the drama out of the league and kept shit to myself, though ('cept when kems bitched about me when I was playing 10x more sim than her and to defend myself after my game with True). I think everyone needs to glance at the rules one more time. :p

I agree with chris on Kems being an asset to the league. She's the only one aside from fifty [edit oh and Juanmr just contacted me heh. He's always cool. :p] that I didn't even have to contact about our game and I'm down to play anytime I'm on. :D

Damn, you people are playing faster since I lost my xbox...I remember the painstaking wait as weeks dragged on and on while I still had it. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris I have to eat some dinner,I'm free to play 8 pm eastern on.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
JuanMR2 said:
Hey Malley, you still around. I'm in the lobby now.

My fault kid.... late gym workout, Abs were a beast... hopefully we can go tonight.... I am heading to the gym now, but I wont destroy the adonis body like last night....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris,I'm around if you want to play.

I wont be around tomorrow night.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Why didn'y you guys tell her after the game? She's a Live convert so she's still getting used to this :lol

Konex when you want to play Madden? your my week 6 game.

As for why I didnt say aything,cause I didnt want drama for a change.

Matrix I can play later tonight around 10:30 if that works for you. I have a couple papers to write for class tomorrow so I'd rather play after I get those done. If that's a problem let me know and I can probably play earlier.

Matrix

Yea thats fine,10:30 it is.

Fifty

Malleymal said:
My fault kid.... late gym workout, Abs were a beast... hopefully we can go tonight.... I am heading to the gym now, but I wont destroy the adonis body like last night....

Try to play your current game against Pheeniks first. This week has the potential to advance early

Malleymal said:

yeah when are we gonna play? I won't be available past 10 CT tonight, will be around for a lot of tomorrow though.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Pheeniks, hit me on AIM and we can set it up, just got home, Need to get some food in the system and we are a go.....

Matrix

Chris,you ready to ball?

kememsi

would have been nice for someone to just let me know that they had issues with how i play. i'm hardly ever on the boards so all this is news to me.

i didnt even know you had rules. now that konex has sent me the link to the rules, i will abide by them. simple as that.

and truelize you have my aim, why not pause the game and let me know? we were even having a civil discussion prior to playing and yet you said nothing. if you felt like you could have beaten me w/o the dropstep why not call me out on it?

like i said, now that i know the rules i will abide by them.

Matrix

:eek: Jesus christ @ Rip Hamilton 7/9 threes 46 points....I should have doubled him or something.

GG Chris,that full court trap was killing me near the end.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
:eek: Jesus christ @ Rip Hamilton 7/9 threes 46 points....I should have doubled him or something.

Its ok, you could have let him go for 81, SMITCH style!

Matrix said:

Good game man. Basically the same game tonight as last night, except I was down by more most of the game. You're tough to play against (for my team anyway), I could never seem to get in a rhythm for too long and never felt like I was in control. Good luck with the rest of your games.

edit- dammit, stats didn't save! I could've used those 46 pts. to help boost Rip's stats :(

Matrix

Good luck to you too.

Damn you're right,no stats...wtf ugh well atleast we got the game completed.

Man I had like 7 players in double figures.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Dammit, Aka won again! I hate this guy... I'm proving to you people that I'm a mere mortal and he just won't stop. :(

It didn't help that my guys went ice cold from mid 2nd to mid 3rd. I couldn't hit a shot for my life. I fell down by 22, then closed to within 5 or 7. Then of course Carmello had to start taking passes out of bounds. :|

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
kememsi said:
would have been nice for someone to just let me know that they had issues with how i play. i'm hardly ever on the boards so all this is news to me.

i didnt even know you had rules. now that konex has sent me the link to the rules, i will abide by them. simple as that.

and truelize you have my aim, why not pause the game and let me know? we were even having a civil discussion prior to playing and yet you said nothing. if you felt like you could have beaten me w/o the dropstep why not call me out on it?

like i said, now that i know the rules i will abide by them.

Hey now. I'm honestly not cussing you out. I was a co-commissioner in our first season and just had to deal with all the rules (and trying to enforce them) that we put in, in season one.
I was just surprised that we have gotten this far into the season and no one has mentioned it to you. Normally people would be freakin out in these threads after some of that stuff.

I couldn't pause and talk to you cause 2k is only working when my router is disconnected. Sorry.

Don't panic, I'm the old guy that complains after every loss. Read back a bit. The game is broken. Everyone cheats. Matrix likes boys. Oops was I supposed to say that here? :)

Matrix

I only have eyes for you True.

jessica-biel-bikini-1-10.jpg

And this.

Biel's ass <3

Matrix

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
Wow...just looked back. Is there a game you didn't complain after? o_O

I don't think so man. I've been really bad lately. I'm just a video game whiner.

Why did you have to defend yourself after our game again? You must have won cause that usually brings out the old-man-itis big time.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Sorry DM, my connection crapped out >_<

You lost 8-4,too bad Konex!

Fifty

Weird..first Matrix and Chris' game disconnects, and now after it's been replayed, the stats don't record..bummer, especially since Dwight and Dirk are in a race for the top rebounding spot.

I won't be around to advance tonight but we might very well be able to. Pheeniks and Malley weren't able to connect last night, He doesn't know why, but Pheeniks has had some real bad luck with his connection lately.

Come to think of it, maybe it was server-related after all, Matrix and Chris had a disconnect and then no stats, and DM and Konex had a disconnect...very odd if that's all user-side.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I had that problem once with someone here, the connection crap. All I did was set the 360 IP to a DMZ and it solved that problem. Works in Madden too.

Fifty

Yeah, sometimes it's a router issue, and I'm able to fix that by unhooking mine...what was really weird about pheeniks/mal was that pheeniks told me they both weren't behind routers.

Fifty

Kems, if you scored 72 out of 100 points in the paint, and tried to force you way in using moves like the hop step again and again, that's just unacceptable. If the 72 points were legit, then, despite that being a messed up ratio, I have no issue with it..but if you're abusing the game by repeating the same moves again and again, that doesn't belong in the league.

Matrix

:eek:

DRAMA

with a female twist!

It doesn't look like the Heat/Wizard's game stats were recorded either... Is this just a coincidence or are we headed back to the dark ages? I don't know when this game finished, so the stats might still pop up (I just checked the league site and saw the score).

Wellie: you should start shooting some 3's with 'Sheed. He's pretty good at them once you know his release (he's rated over 80 for 3's).

Matrix

Seems the site just doesnt want to record stats again,this bites.

Fifty

Let's hope that goes back to normal.

League advanced. Two games were left, but Pheeniks can't play tonight, and Jobber's 360 still isn't back. I don't like advancing with 3 0-0 games, but in this case it's acceptable.

Matrix

I cant play tonight anyway*nephews bday* but does Jobber have his 360 back?

Fifty

Fifty said:
Let's hope that goes back to normal.

League advanced. Two games were left, but Pheeniks can't play tonight, and Jobber's 360 still isn't back. I don't like advancing with 3 0-0 games, but in this case it's acceptable.

Try to read past the first sentence, Matrix. :D

Matrix

Holy shit I'm blind :lol

pheeniks said:
good game, chrisjames. I am so offensively inept :(

Good game. You're not that bad on offense, you had me scared in the 2nd half. I think you just need to figure out how to get your stars to score more effectively (Peja mainly).

P.S. stats saved [happy dance]

ColdBlooded, I know that you're usually gone on weekends (at least someone here has a life :D ) so maybe you could play your game tonight since we're going to be advancing on sunday. I don't know what Juan's schedule is, but it's no big deal if you don't get it in. Just doing my best to speed things along.

Top Bottom