• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty said:
You might well be a commish, and then you can argue with konex instead of doing what I did and letting him change the rule. I probably won't be back in S3.

The end of an era :(

-If anyone wants any scrimmage games later tonight (probably around 11 EST) let me know.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
You might well be a commish, and then you can argue with konex instead of doing what I did and letting him change the rule. I probably won't be back in S3.

No you stay it seems since you took over its the fastest league here that GAF has to offer.. Everyone Fifty needs to stay!!!!

Fifty

Cold and Juan have till 11 eastern to start their game or post saying they're going to start it for sure later this eve or else I'm advancing, for real this time.

Fifty

It's probably going to happen..I just don't know if I'll want to spend the time to run it, but if Konex is on board then it'll probably exist. If it does then I'm sure you'll have a spot. Personally I'm not making my decision until at least the S2 playoffs. We're on week 17 (of 24) now.

Rorschach

It's like a player saying he's retiring, then he's not sure, then he says he'll make a decision after the season's over. YOU'RE TEARING THE LEAGUE APART!

JuanMR2

Fifty said:
Cold and Juan have till 11 eastern to start their game or post saying they're going to start it for sure later this eve or else I'm advancing, for real this time.

We're in the lobby but it looks like someone is playing their week 9 game...

Fifty

Jesus Christ.........I give up. I gave you guys until 11 and you were there on time but Konex couldn't wait 15 minutes.

Fifty said:
Jesus Christ.........I give up. I gave you guys until 11 and you were there on time but Konex couldn't wait 15 minutes.

:lol

Classic

Fifty, you should stick around for Season 3. You can just delegate your powers to someone else so you don't have to be so involved. You could promote someone else to help be an admin. (so we have 3 admin's), that way someone will be around to take care of league duties (advance, revert back to unplayed games) and you won't have to be in charge of everything.

Fifty

Let's not talk about me any more. I shouldn't have even brought it up. It was a moment of weakness. Obviously as you can tell from tonight, you're in safe hands with Konex.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Ah shit I thought I was supposed to play DCX this week in NBA. Ugh now we have to play a makeup when I was around all weekend. :(
Wellie contacted me, we cleared this up. My tree siddy is still borked.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
unless something drastic happens in the next 12 hours......

like the great Willis Reed

I'M BACK

who wants to play a make up game tomorrow?

Come on people, let's get these games finished.

I'm looking at you Pheeniks :)

Also, welcome back Jobber. You better be ready to fight for a playoff spot!

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Come on people, let's get these games finished.

I'm looking at you Pheeniks :)

Also, welcome back Jobber. You better be ready to fight for a playoff spot!

Thanks. I totally forgot how to play. My eyes were still trying to adjust from 2k6 XB to 2k7 360. I'm surprised I hung around like I did. Not worried though as I still have 5 games to make up.

edot: who do I play again?????

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game HATES Ray Allen. :lol

I went into practice mode before I played DCX last night. I shot around for a bit to warm up and then I took 20 shots from different spots on the floor (about 1/3 of them were threes). Every single of the 20 shots rated as a "perfect release" and I only hit 4 of 20. I missed 16 in a row during those 20 shots. :(

At least now I know that when I shoot 6 for 23 in a game I'm doing just fine by those standards.

jobber said:
Thanks. I totally forgot how to play. My eyes were still trying to adjust from 2k6 XB to 2k7 360. I'm surprised I hung around like I did. Not worried though as I still have 5 games to make up.

edot: who do I play again?????

Actually you have 7 games to make up, but 5 of those were counted as losses so you should be able to improve your record.

Here's the link to your teams schedule so you can see who you've got to play.

Truelize said:

I went into practice mode before I played DCX last night. I shot around for a bit to warm up and then I took 20 shots from different spots on the floor (about 1/3 of them were threes). Every single of the 20 shots rated as a "perfect release" and I only hit 4 of 20. I missed 16 in a row during those 20 shots. :(

At least now I know that when I shoot 6 for 23 in a game I'm doing just fine by those standards.

Did that to me too. I think it's probably just a cold streak in ... practice.

Guys, I have extremely tragic news for you.

I think I'm going to have to drop out of this league.

Recently my connections have been failing in every single game. I can barely get through a leauge game and when I do, it's a miracle. It has got to do something with my apartment's internet, because this doesn't happen in my other home...

I'm going to go for a third shot at my game with Kems tomorrow, and if that fails again, might as well replace me.

What's sick is that in my second game with Kems, with 4 minutes left to go in the second, Peja had 25 points on 100% shooting. That's right, 100% shooting, and all but one shot was a jumper.

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Actually you have 7 games to make up, but 5 of those were counted as losses so you should be able to improve your record.

Here's the link to your teams schedule so you can see who you've got to play.

lol gee looks like I'm going to cruise once I get my game skills back

e-dot: Bron, Yao, Paul, Kobe, and Howard :lol

all will fall before the JAX

Fifty

Truelize said:

He Got Game!

I'm sorry to hear about your problems pheeniks.. it's a shame. Yet another problem in a league cursed by bad connections and broken 360's :(

Cold/Malley and CK/DCX have yet to play, and they're 4 reliable people...If their games aren't played by wednesday maybe thursday will be the deadline. It's usually thursday but because 2 games were played ahead of sched I made it wednesday.

Fifty said:
I'm sorry to hear about your problems pheeniks.. it's a shame. Yet another problem in a league cursed by bad connections and broken 360's :(

I hope maybe the problem fixes itself. Earlier in year I was frequently disconnected, and it stopped after a month. And when I moved back here about a month ago my internet was moving at 56k speeds but that fixed itself. Hopefully the disconnect problem goes away...

This has absolutely nothing to do with the 2k league but I hate my internet so much I have to rant about it anyways.

I was playing in an online poker tournament, and there's two people left, and I'm in second place: I get a Jack/King and the flop comes out at as J K K. Well, the other guy decided to bet a hefty amount of his stack, and I was thinking "Oh baby a CUSTOMER" and right before I'm about to bet, my internet dies and doesn't come back up till 15 minutes later, and by then, I was kicked out of the tournament.

Hate.

DCX

DCX
Ok guys here's my situation. My wife and I are house sitting for her mom's dogs and stuff and we will be staying there the majority of this week. I can come home play a game like right at 11! then leave and go to the other house and go to bed but until Sat this is how it is. So Wellie i could play tonight for as long as you can play me at 11-11:15.

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
YO my fault Cold.... I am prepping for this trip to Florida for the SUPAH bowl, and havent had the chance to sit down and get a game in with you and also my madden game with Chris....

Work, working out, packing, and new girl is slowing me up a bit, but we may be able to go tonight before i head out to Miami/Orlando.

Malley when are you leaving for Florida and when are you coming back? That way we can adjust the league accordingly (advance if you're not going to be around) if we have to.

Have fun down there and watch out for alligators!

Malleymal said:
YO my fault Cold.... I am prepping for this trip to Florida for the SUPAH bowl, and havent had the chance to sit down and get a game in with you and also my madden game with Chris....

Work, working out, packing, and new girl is slowing me up a bit, but we may be able to go tonight before i head out to Miami/Orlando.

You're going to the SUPER BOWL? DAMN.

The biggest event I've ever been to is game one of the NBA finals last summer between dallas and miami...and....damn, the super bowl... :(

have fun

Fifty

Damn, I think on behalf of everyone when I say I'm really jealous. You're one lucky/rich SOB. Have an awesome time, and yes, let us know when you're getting back.

Rors, any news on your 360? I play you this upcoming week (and pheeniks the week after, just my luck)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Ok guys here's my situation. My wife and I are house sitting for her mom's dogs and stuff and we will be staying there the majority of this week. I can come home play a game like right at 11! then leave and go to the other house and go to bed but until Sat this is how it is. So Wellie i could play tonight for as long as you can play me at 11-11:15.

DCX

Alright. As long as it is close I am cool with it.

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Jobber can you play tonight after the league advances or is that too late for you?

If it is there's always tomorrow, tomorrow.

Yea, I should be up til 1am-ish

I'll check back at midnight to see if you're around.

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Jobber can you play tonight after the league advances or is that too late for you?

wanna play now? Jazz/Spurs won't get interesting until the 4th.

Fifty

Ok then. League advanced. Another bunch of 0-0 games. It always seems to happen around this time. I wonder if there are just too many weeks. Doesn't help that people's 360's kept breaking. Here's hoping week 18 is better.

About to play AKA, and I publicly guarantee a victory.

If I stay on...

--
Was leading 27-17 midway through the second till I got the boot again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wait if the league is advanced dont I play aka? :\

Fifty

Matrix is very confused. I don't know why.....Maybe it was last week's 40 point blowout. I fear that I broke him.

We advanced to week 18. You play Malley in week 18. Malley is going to the superbowl. You win!

Aka..you'll play someone this week, that I swear. If it has to be me, then so be it. You're working for every win!

Fifty

I think he's having internet problems, period. Not problems with XBL. He said he loses his connection to the internet for short periods of time, even when he's not on XBL. The ISP should be able to tell him what his problem is.

AkaBalla

Right, but there may be a reason why NAT is reading Moderate to maybe figure out the problem instead of having opinions and what not.. Knowing NAT is reading Moderate rather than Open could mean a specific problem with his internet..:)

Top Bottom