• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty

Aka, when you're around we should play the rockets/hornets game. Let me know your schedule. I was gonna be busy tonight and tomorrow night..but much to my dismay I'm still ****ing sick and miserable, so now it's a possibility. Truelize/Juan is the only other game.

DCX

DCX
Wellie, sometime this weekend let me know if we can make up our game, same with Jobber...Bron was going to hit 50 that game for sure :p

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Juan isn't back till tonight and I have a house full of people again. Nephew and niece both have basketball tournaments in Calgary this weekend so family is staying at our house. Stresses me out when there are people sleeping all over the place and I have no where to sit.

Fifty

So are you saying you can't play this weekend? Or if you know you can't play till sunday we could advance tonight to get some games in on fri/sat

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I fixed my game (but i'm not sure for how long)

nothing say WORK DAMN IT like hot water and some anger.

damn it

how does TWack score the same amount of points as JAX?

atleast JAX had a better %

Fifty

If anyone wants to make a game up tonight, IM me with the week # and I'll revert it for you. I'll be around all tonight sadly.

jobber

it's time......

i'm calling out someone

the match up the whole league has been clamoring in anticipating for

the best of the best......

Cloudy

jobber

Rorschach said:
GG My heart sank...holy shit.

161590385669290sr2.jpg

161590328325290gd1.jpg

fuk life

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks Rors,after the raping Jobber gave me,someone needed to bring him back down to earth.

ps- stephen jackson needs to break a kneecap,bitch is overrated in this game

Fifty

The sadness required for Jobber to take photos of a replay brings a smile to my face. Aka may be leading me in the standings, but Jobber's the one guy I can't seem to beat. He beat me in the playoffs last year and is 1-0 this season (I play him in 2 weeks) Kudos Rors!

Rorschach

I love Kobe's "watch-the-ball-go-by" defense. :lol

On the other hand, he did give us the FTs to give us a cushion even if the shot was made.

jobber

Matrix said:
Thanks Rors,after the raping Jobber gave me,someone needed to bring him back down to earth.

ps- stephen jackson needs to break a kneecap,bitch is overrated in this game

u sad?

for those who want a recap: I was down 7 with under 20 seconds left. JAX hit a 3, then Granger stole the inbounds right outside the 3 point line and nailed it. I foul with 1.5 left. Kobe makes both shots. JAX, was at 59 fatigue, he was the only one that ran down my side of the court to take the shot. Rimmed out ftl. When you watch the replay, as soon as the ball left his hands, my bench knew it was no good. If I had another .4 left, I would've got a 3 point foul off a pump fake :mad:

I played like shit in the first. I mean layups were hitting UNDER the rim and I couldn't hit a ****in free throw but I'm a champion. If it wasn't for a bad pass in the lane, the final score would be backwards.

R0eshia got lucky.......... but I respect him for trying to go for the kill and despite my comeback, it worked.

Love,

JAX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol Sad,nah.....happy after Rors winning :D

I like to watch teams beat Stephen Jackson the one man team

jobber

I'm disgusted at my 1st quarter play. Whoever I play next will wish my 360 was still broken.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

oh goodie it's TrueCheese

Matrix

I just put my game in and it made me download an update,any clue what this update does?

Rorschach

GG DM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG I suck.

At least I've made up a lot of games. Between this and the Madden league, I've played 9 games since I got the box back yesterday. :lol

DMczaf

Kobe plays like crap? Woo! I should win easily!!...oh wait, who the **** is this #1 dude? Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!! I swear I was done when you went up by 3 all of a sudden in the 4th.

Mutha ****in' Smush Parker and his mutha ****in' 33 pts.

Fifty

I don't know if it's just my perception but I think the update might have affected stamina. I had both of my centers in the low 60's/high 50's last game, and that's never come close to happening before. Odd.

edit: I'm reading the 2k forums and other people are saying fatigue has changed dramatically

Matrix

That was fun using the Hornets vs Dallas.....

not.

Yea well all my big men were tired like 4 mins into the game and Big Z was always hovering around 50/60's and I hardly used him.

edit- if thats the case,people with bad teams are ****ed.

Fifty

Sure they suck, Matrix..but you could have really tried if you wanted to enjoy it more. I used them against aka balla (the best record in the league) and I made it respectable by really trying. I appreciate you filling in, but the game is what you make it. Jacking 3's that you know are going to miss will only make the game less fun.

Fifty

Yeah you kicked my ass good...As I said, the Hornets stink, and we can't expect to contend against the top teams with them..I just meant to say that I tried hard for all of the game and it was obvious that matrix was frustrated and not playing to his potential in our game. No big deal, I'm just saying that contributes to the level of enjoyment one gets.

Matrix

Thats cause the game was good till you went into dunk fest mode with Shaq and then the game got out of hand because you dont miss with Croshere/Howard from 3 :|

Why bother trying when my team cant grab a board over yours and my big men were dead tired all game,how can they stop Shaq unless I foul him all game?

Come on Fifty,you have the Mavs with Shaq,its either double Shaq down low and pray I can somehow stop the dunk or pay for the double with wideopen 3's.

You were also up by 30 something and still had Shaq/and Dirk sometimes on the floor with a min left in the 4th....

I just get annoyed cause you have no clue what its like to play with garabge all the time in this game.

This game didnt mean shit for me,so why not chuck 3's when Im down by a ton.

edit- plus I was annoyed with the lag which I felt was worse than usual,atleast on my side.

AkaBalla

I notcied in our game Mutumbo was losing stamina on the bench looks like a little glitch going on.. He only play 8 mins in 2 quaretrs and had 40 stamina.. ur league settings have stamina the same rating as it was.. Its just a gltichy thing right now..

Matrix

One last thing,I didnt take that many more 3's than you and look at the rebound difference.

I took 8 more 3s and you outrebounded me 72 to 27....I felt like Truecheese.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I don't know if it's just my perception but I think the update might have affected stamina. I had both of my centers in the low 60's/high 50's last game, and that's never come close to happening before. Odd.

edit: I'm reading the 2k forums and other people are saying fatigue has changed dramatically
I was going to ask about this. I thought maybe you guys switched the settings, but everyone was dog tired 2 mins into the first quarter (Mihm was at 62 somehow). All my timeouts burned were burned for fatigue issues.

DMczaf said:
Kobe plays like crap? Woo! I should win easily!!...oh wait, who the **** is this #1 dude? Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!! I swear I was done when you went up by 3 all of a sudden in the 4th.

Mutha ****in' Smush Parker and his mutha ****in' 33 pts.
Art imitating life...

K. Bryant (SG) 10 5/23 21.7% 0/8 0.0 0/2 0.0 1 7 1 0

Missing FTs with Bryant would never have happened before the break. :( I hate this game and I hate kobe!!! :'(

Smush is the man. Only reason we were even in it at all. Terry's ****ing 3s pissed me off, but Parker could answer every one of them.

What hurt me most, though was the RETARDED turnovers. Holy shit was I playing stupid. Part of that was paying attention to the game on tv, but after the game was over, I continued being distracted.

Fifty

Matrix said:
You were also up by 30 something and still had Shaq/and Dirk sometimes on the floor with a min left in the 4th....

This game didnt mean shit for me,so why not chuck 3's when Im down by a ton.

Sorry you had lag. I haven't had any in ages, well except for my game against jobber yesterday.

I had my stars in late because honestly because of the new stamina my backups were ridiculously low. I'm talking 50's. I wish I had a 3rd string of bigs I could have put in.

Why not chuck 3's? I don't mind..I'm just saying if you were to forget about the score and focus on each possession you might enjoy it more. I wouldn't have said anything had you not said how little fun it was.

72 rebounds is just hilarious though. I guess it's because a lot of my 3's were kickouts while yours were pullups, my guys had time to get under the basket

Matrix

You could focus on each possession when you're down in the high 20's/low 30's? You havent been blown out like that except when we have played some non league games.

Honestly I have more fun chucking up shots to see how my range is and to learn shooting strokes than I do just running into the paint to dunk,thats me though.

edit- ok aka,another blowout cant wait :D

Matrix

GG dude.

First time ever my team played D.

Damn, nice one Matrix :) The chase for that 8th spot is really heating up.

Wellie I should be able to play tomorrow afternoon or late evening if you'll be around.

Matrix

Fifty

You won? Wow....I can't believe it. Congrats. What a shocker! Nice to see you getting to the FT line. Much as I'm a Matrix-backer, I would never have guessed that outcome.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Much as I'm a Matrix-backer, I would never have guessed that outcome.

Same :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
I'm disgusted at my 1st quarter play. Whoever I play next will wish my 360 was still broken.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

oh goodie it's TrueCheese

Oh bugger me!!! :(

I used to think the Hornets sucked, but they're a team you have to get really used. Jacking up threes will not get you anywhere. That's what I did early in the season, it did shit for me. You have to give it to West and Big Z a lot (without abusing of course) but big Z has a nice banker and midrange shot. And of course, if you give Peja good looks (and sometimes not so good) he is money. Like that one game where I had 25 points in 2 1/2 quarters vs. the Clippers on 100% shooting before my connection failed...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
True, Juan, Wellie

Any of you ballers wanna play later when there are admins around?

If my nephew's team wins at 1 this afternoon I have another game to go to at 8 tonight so I likely can't play until after 10. Are you around all night Ror?

Matrix

pheeniks said:
I used to think the Hornets sucked, but they're a team you have to get really used. Jacking up threes will not get you anywhere. That's what I did early in the season, it did shit for me. You have to give it to West and Big Z a lot (without abusing of course) but big Z has a nice banker and midrange shot. And of course, if you give Peja good looks (and sometimes not so good) he is money. Like that one game where I had 25 points in 2 1/2 quarters vs. the Clippers on 100% shooting before my connection failed...

Good luck giving it to West/Big Z with this new fatigue issue.

Top Bottom