• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Matrix is very confused. I don't know why.....Maybe it was last week's 40 point blowout. I fear that I broke him.

We advanced to week 18. You play Malley in week 18. Malley is going to the superbowl. You win!

Aka..you'll play someone this week, that I swear. If it has to be me, then so be it. You're working for every win!

I quit playing in that blowout,you didnt break me that bad :p

I didnt read Malley's superbowl post,thats why I got it all mixed up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
I believe I have a make up game with you Magic man

Yea but that involves fifty setting the league back,speak to da boss

Fifty

Fine I'll set it back but I won't be around to move it forward...so Konex will have to do that or it'll wait till tomorrow morning.

Matrix

Jobber,you ready? Im going on!

DCX

DCX
...so i don't play my game with CK, and now i have to wait around after Jobber and Matrix play to either play Kems or Jobber...ugh

DCX

Fifty

Yeah...I'm sorry about that, DCX. I know you made plans for that game. I can't force CK to stay up if he's dead tired. If you're around in 50 minutes it would be nice to get your game in with jobber.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Yeah...I'm sorry about that, DCX. I know you made plans for that game. I can't force CK to stay up if he's dead tired. If you're around in 50 minutes it would be nice to get your game in with jobber.
well, i even changed plans too, i'm staying at home and my wife went to house sit, weather is shitty anyway
but still sucks i wanted to play my fellow Knick fan :p I'll play Kem next then Jobber if he is still around.

DCX

Jobber sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I wasn't home. Anyways, after you play Matrix and the league is moved back to the current week I can play you if you're up for it.

I'll be around so just let me know.

Matrix

Stephen Jackson 18/27 fgs,this game is absurd sometimes.

I think two of those were dunks and the rest were long range jumpshots.

I'm getting burnt out on this game,these seasons even moving faster seem so long.

Maybe its the 8 min quarters,Jobber had this won in the 3rd and I had to sit through 8 mins of boring shooting practice.

Congrats on kicking my ass Jobber.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
Stephen Jackson 18/27 fgs,this game is absurd sometimes.

I think two of those were dunks and the rest were long range jumpshots.

I'm getting burnt out on this game,these seasons even moving faster seem so long.

Maybe its the 8 min quarters,Jobber had this won in the 3rd and I had to sit through 8 mins of boring shooting practice.

Congrats on kicking my ass Jobber.

statement games for the next 3 games

I'm no joke!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So just when im getting Antwaan Jamison in the groove, getting his shot down and how to use him, i see wizards next on my schedule. So im thinking, "im gonna go all out on konex, let AJ get revenge on his old team"

First Posession, i back down one of the wizards with Jamison. Defender falls on the ground, so i go up for a lay-up. Goes in... and AJ gets injured. Twisted Ankle... -_-

He could have come back, but i didnt wanna risk further injury. Tyrus Thomas is forced to take over the PF position for most of the rest of the game. Didnt do to bad of a job

jobber

ColdBlooded33 said:
So just when im getting Antwaan Jamison in the groove, getting his shot down and how to use him, i see wizards next on my schedule. So im thinking, "im gonna go all out on konex, let AJ get revenge on his old team"

First Posession, i back down one of the wizards with Jamison. Defender falls on the ground, so i go up for a lay-up. Goes in... and AJ gets injured. Twisted Ankle... -_-

He could have come back, but i didnt wanna risk further injury. Tyrus Thomas is forced to take over the PF position for most of the rest of the game. Didnt do to bad of a job

psss... injuries don't carry over

well it didn't last season.

e.:

gg pisssssssssston fan.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Ok I reset it. Good thing I was checking back to see if DCX won :) 2nd place is mine!
for now, that game was garbage, i tried to go in for layups and i would stop and pop shots...cost me the game...i shot hook shots behind the basket, miss put backs...crazy game, Bron again almost had a triple double

DCX

jobber

RESET!

ugh just when Jax was finding his shot -_-

RIP DCX????

I'll give up for the night in 5 minutes. No one is up to reset and DCX vanished into his tv screen.

cool. I found out if you do different motions on the shot stick, you can do weird dunks

forward half circle to back is a tomahawk and a 360 backwards is a reverse

DCX

DCX
I don't know what happened..i guess i lost my connection to 2k, still was on Live, then i lost my internet connection period...so i went to bed. Bron was going for fiddy. Jax was struggling...

LBJ23>>>>>>SJAX

I don't know when i can make the game up, maybe sometime this weekend, same with Wellie. I'm just dejected with the lost to the Clips. It's a game i shouldn't have lost, i was up 14 and then 12 and stupid shit happens, stupid. Missed put backs...ugh, missed layups, missed free throws, 3-4 shots were taken in the paint and the annimation takes shots behind the basket...she does the same shot with brand in the post, yup basket...every block shot attempt resulted in a foul, and she made most of her free throws...she played good, took advantage. Good game. Hughes cooled down that game after being a monster the last few games. Still scored 19 but went 7 for 20 ugh...

DCX

Fifty

I'm stuck at home sick today..So naturally I thought of a way to problem solve the 2K league. Pheeniks can't play his games currently, and I'm in the mood to play a game, so here's what I did. I kicked him out for the time being, sent myself an invite for his team (only one team per user) and then kicked myself out, so I have the Hornets this week and the Mavs are empty. After my game with the Hornets is done I'll take the Mavs back and either Pheeniks can reclaim the Hornets or someone else can do what I just did.

Complicated as that may sound, it's a positive thing and it doesn't compromise the league.

p.s: Aka, can you play at 10 eastern?

Fifty said:
I'm stuck at home sick today..So naturally I thought of a way to problem solve the 2K league. Pheeniks can't play his games currently, and I'm in the mood to play a game, so here's what I did. I kicked him out for the time being, sent myself an invite for his team (only one team per user) and then kicked myself out, so I have the Hornets this week and the Mavs are empty. After my game with the Hornets is done I'll take the Mavs back and either Pheeniks can reclaim the Hornets or someone else can do what I just did.

Complicated as that may sound, it's a positive thing and it doesn't compromise the league.

Good thinking. That way people won't get free wins while I get pissed because I think I still have a shot at the playoffs even though I suck at the game :D

kememsi

Fifty said:

Not sure I understand what was done. Does that mean that you will be taking his place for the time being? i.e. if I was to play my week 17 game against him I would be playing you?

Fifty

Oh right...he had a game unplayed. Well if you don't mind, I wouldn't mind playing you as the Hornets. I was just going to do it for this week, and hope that he can get his connection working for future games (or find someone else to fill in) but I'd gladly play you.

edit: I'm around to play now, if you can start in the next 15 mins. I'm not sure beyond that.

edit2: 'twas not to be. That's cool. If you want it to be....it'll get played eventually, no rush.

kememsi

Fifty said:
Oh right...he had a game unplayed. Well if you don't mind, I wouldn't mind playing you as the Hornets. I was just going to do it for this week, and hope that he can get his connection working for future games (or find someone else to fill in) but I'd gladly play you.

edit: I'm around to play now, if you can start in the next 15 mins. I'm not sure beyond that.

edit2: 'twas not to be. That's cool. If you want it to be....it'll get played eventually, no rush.

just saw this message. i'm @ home now.

as long as its cool w/pheeniks i'm game. i want to make sure he's cool with it though. im home all night. AIM me @ kememsi

Rorschach

Hrm...so my 360 got home today. They say it's a "replacement unit" but it's got the same serial...dunno wtf is up with that, but it looks like it works. I'm scared to update it :(

Looks like I'm back, though.

WE BACK, BABY, WE BACK!

Rorschach

k played my game against cold...you guys can set the league back to normal.

Man, I blow and is it just me or did the AI get worse? ;b

PS: I hate the spin move...that's not a jab at anyone, but damn, it's undefensible. I don't do it and I don't want to have to do it to keep up with you guys. Think this season is over for me (in terms of being competitive). It seems I dunno wtf is going on most of the time. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

Rorschach said:
k played my game against cold...you guys can set the league back to normal.

Man, I blow and is it just me or did the AI get worse? ;b

PS: I hate the spin move...that's not a jab at anyone, but damn, it's undefensible. I don't do it and I don't want to have to do it to keep up with you guys. Think this season is over for me (in terms of being competitive). It seems I dunno wtf is going on most of the time. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

The only way I could stop a spin move was by taking a charge. Otherwise, try to get under the guy and pray he misses. One of those you just can't do anything about...

goddamn I'm going to miss playing with legit people. Hopefully I can do something about this connection; I'll be trying next week.

as fifty pointed out, the better I play, the worse my connection gets :(

Fifty

Rorschach said:
Think this season is over for me (in terms of being competitive). It seems I dunno wtf is going on most of the time. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

You were doing good before your 360 broke. Maybe you were just getting lucky and still had no clue, but I doubt it. You probably should have waited a bit before jumping back into the fold, to get used to the game again, but I appreciate you playing asap.

jobber

my 360 can't read my disc!!!!!!!!

when I was playing the Hornets, I noticed my 360 stopped being noisy but the game continued with no problems. Now when I get to the VC 2K logo screen, my disc just stops spinning!

Matrix

That sucks bigtime,wtf

Have you tried any other games?

jobber

Matrix said:
That sucks bigtime,wtf

Have you tried any other games?

yea I tried PSU and either the server is down or this XB is f'd up

editorial: I give up trying to make it work tonight. SD vs Raw 07 (which has a shit load of loading seems to be working). I hope it's a random thing. I tried the toothpaste thing AGAIN with no results.

Matrix

oh noes

Hopefully it's the PSU servers.

jobber

hmph....WWE worked fine and this game keeps stalling then I get the DDE message. Why does 2K/VC keep making shitty disc? 2K6 had my Xbox struggling to read the disc, but Madden 06 worked fine!

Rorschach

pheeniks said:
The only way I could stop a spin move was by taking a charge. Otherwise, try to get under the guy and pray he misses. One of those you just can't do anything about...
I used to do just wait for the spin and slide over and bump them, but I can't time it anymore. :(
Fifty said:
You were doing good before your 360 broke. Maybe you were just getting lucky and still had no clue, but I doubt it. You probably should have waited a bit before jumping back into the fold, to get used to the game again, but I appreciate you playing asap.
Yeah, well, before I knew wtf I was doing. Now, every move I make is like a step behind and it's not lag... Guess I just need to get my rythm back and relearn the play style I had established. If the whole broken 360 hadn't happened, I'm pretty confident I wouldn't have lost another game and I'm not even joking. It was the perfect storm and now not even a gentle shower. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I lost a heartbreaker to DM last night, which has spurred me to ask a question...

I made over 60% of my shots in the first half. Then I made a notch under 45% of them in the second. What the hell could cause this, fatigue?

I'm not really the type of guy to force a drive, I'd rather take an open jumper since I have some decent shooters with Carmello, J. Smith, Sheed, and Boykins... it was just weird to see nothing fall. And my 3 PT percentage, forget it...

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I lost a heartbreaker to DM last night, which has spurred me to ask a question...

I made over 60% of my shots in the first half. Then I made a notch under 45% of them in the second. What the hell could cause this, fatigue?

I'm not really the type of guy to force a drive, I'd rather take an open jumper since I have some decent shooters with Carmello, J. Smith, Sheed, and Boykins... it was just weird to see nothing fall. And my 3 PT percentage, forget it...
Yeah they get tired, it's one of my biggest problems is managing minutes. Bron leads the league with about 30 a game! He gets to tired to finish a game off...i start out great first half, by the 4th i'm either holding on to a 12 pt lead, had a 30 pt lead dwindle to 10 or get beat by 5.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
The only way I could stop a spin move was by taking a charge. Otherwise, try to get under the guy and pray he misses. One of those you just can't do anything about...(

Yeah just don't turn into one of the asshats that hold down the charge button outside of the key. I freakin hate that. The game forces a long dribble animation at times (one that the offensive player CAN NOT get out of) and the user doesn't always get the move they were hoping for because the system isn't always 100% accurate. I can't stand when people hold down the charge button 5 feet outside the three-point line and draw a charge because the game decides to do a move I wasn't looking for. That's just cheap.

Anyone that holds down that charge button repeatedly deserves to get run on. When I see someone hold the charge button at the three point line I just hold away from the basket hoping to stop the dribble move from drawing the charge and then go around the defender and go for the dunk. Period.

TrueCheese

Truelize said:
Yeah just don't turn into one of the asshats that hold down the charge button outside of the key. I freakin hate that. The game forces a long dribble animation at times (one that the offensive player CAN NOT get out of) and the user doesn't always get the move they were hoping for because the system isn't always 100% accurate. I can't stand when people hold down the charge button 5 feet outside the three-point line and draw a charge because the game decides to do a move I wasn't looking for. That's just cheap.

Anyone that holds down that charge button repeatedly deserves to get run on. When I see someone hold the charge button at the three point line I just hold away from the basket hoping to stop the dribble move from drawing the charge and then go around the defender and go for the dunk. Period.

TrueCheese

Well, yeah, I try not to do that (I usually get penalized for it anyways) but that's how I manage certain people who abuse the isomotion. It works really well and you can see it frustrates them, they start jaxing up threes :D

Top Bottom