• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty

Yeah...5's a better idea. It'll be changed from 45 to 40 tomorrow. People can bitch, but not too much because it'll be perfected and it effects both teams.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
Yeah...5's a better idea. It'll be changed from 45 to 40 tomorrow. People can bitch, but not too much because it'll be perfected and it effects both teams.

Lowering stamina would mean faster losing of stamina? Wouldnt you want to up it?

Fifty

I believe the slider is called "fatigue rate" and lowering it should decrease the rate by which players fatigue.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:

Hey I said I wasn't gonna play a league game until the Fifty and Konex fixed the fatigue thing. I can barely even compete in these games with my excellent skills, I don't need all my players to be in the 50's the whole game to make it even more fun.

As soon as the fatigue is fixed a bit I can play.

Rorschach

You guys are exaggerating and the sliders have been adjusted. Fifty's going to lower it ANOTHER 5 points. Have you guys even played a game since the adjustment? Are you guys reading the thread? And even if that was the case, which it's not, we'd both be at a disadvatage. My big guys get tired faster than anyone and Odom has a smoker's lungs in the game.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
You guys are exaggerating and the sliders have been adjusted. Fifty's going to lower it ANOTHER 5 points. Have you guys even played a game since the adjustment? Are you guys reading the thread? And even if that was the case, which it's not, we'd both be at a disadvatage.

Seriously. It's not like we've got some deadbeat commishes telling you guys to play NOW while we sit back in Hawaii and don't address any of the issues. I've changed it once, I'm about to change it again, and I'm willing to keep changing it until it's PERFECT. But I'm not gonna play game after game myself to test them out. It won't be ideal, but it'll certainly be playable today.

I changed fatigue rate from 45 to 40. Heck, I could be wrong and that could mean the opposite of what it logically sounds like, but I think it's a step in the right direction. Don't be scurred to try it out. I'm not your lab rat!

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:
I didn't talk to Konex about it yet. I said in this very thread I'd change the fatigue rate by 5 and then see what people think. I did. From 50 to 45. I'll change it to 35 tomorrow afternoon and then people can tell me if that's good, or too much. No need to be a smartass about it. I was totally upfront.

I missed your post and I thought the changes were due to the update :lol. My guys have been tiring faster than normal but I don't abuse my stars so it wasn't a huge problem. You should set it back to where it was though :p

Fifty

Cloudy said:
You should set it back to where it was though :p

Our old settings were great, but I think there's no question that this update ****ed with things and we've gotta compensate somehow. If lowering (or raising) the fatigue rate is the solution then why not?

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
I missed your post and I thought the changes were due to the update :lol. My guys have been tiring faster than normal but I don't abuse my stars so it wasn't a huge problem. You should set it back to where it was though :p
It was due to the update, then it was changed to compensate for said update. Read the rest of the thread. ;b

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ChrisJames said:
My game against Wellie wasn't bad, fatigue wise. Yeah, it drained faster than usual, but if you sub your guys wisely you shouldn't have too much of a problem. That's just based on my game against Wellie though, it may be different for other people. Either way you should just play your game, just about everyone else has.

True if you want a season 3 then play your games :D The faster this season gets over with the better chance we have for a season 3.

For you it wasn't but for me it was pretty bad. Because of the way Denver plays I run up and down the court more on fastbreaks, so my guys were done in the first quarter. I also don't have the depth that you have, I have Johnson, and Hodge as potential scorers on the bench, but that's it.

Does anyone want to play a scrimmage game to test out the new fatigue settings (6 min. qtrs.)?

Well, maybe later tonight, after 24.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey Jobber, i didnt play you on saturday, did i? Im pretty sure i didnt, but thats what its showing on my schedule. Im sure i would have remembered you saying something like JAXXXXXXX or some shit like that.

What the hell is going on

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I don't know if that was a one time thing or if the patch fixed the "Ray Allen can't shoot" glitch but I just shot 63% in my game against Ror.

Finally Ray was hitting jumpers. The only thing I kinda did different is I didn't look to create shots with him as much this game. I took Fifty's advice and shot off passes and drew defense away from him so he had better looks.

Well here's hoping this can continue. I would love to keep using Ray and the Sonics if I could figure out how to use them in an "every game" situation.

ColdBlooded33 said:
Hey Jobber, i didnt play you on saturday, did i? Im pretty sure i didnt, but thats what its showing on my schedule. Im sure i would have remembered you saying something like JAXXXXXXX or some shit like that.

It shows that I played Malley a couple days ago too. It's not a big deal though, it should just be a game that you've played earlier in the season, but has a different date marked as the played date for whatever reason.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ChrisJames said:
It shows that I played Malley a couple days ago too. It's not a big deal though, it should just be a game that you've played earlier in the season, but has a different date marked as the played date for whatever reason.

Oh ok. I was tripping because i was pretty sure i didnt play him, but i didnt totally rule out the fact that i actually forgot i played him :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ColdBlooded33 said:

Yes I beat you in a highly contested game of horse.

Just finished a 6 min. qtr. game with DM. The fatigue is still a little out of whack, but I'm pretty sure it was worse before. I think it could use some more tweaking though :/

-DCX should be around soon, he usually gets online around this time.

DCX

DCX
Yup, like clock work i tell ya! I'm ready to roll, hope i can get in a couple of games tonight, one with Cold then one with Jobber.

DCX

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Since Cheese is scurred

I'm still looking to play the Nuggets, Cock-ets, and the Big Zs

Fifty

I read that on the official forums, someone was pointing it out. I didn't notice it but I've only played one post-update game. I'll take your word for it. We're at 40 now and if more complaints come in, 35 is where it'll go. But people should be resting their stars sometimes..

One thing's for sure, it'll be as good as we can get it by the time playoffs start.

League advancing tomorrow @ 11-12 eastern (11 if no one's about to play)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Who wants to play a scrimmage game?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
I read that on the official forums, someone was pointing it out. I didn't notice it but I've only played one post-update game. I'll take your word for it. We're at 40 now and if more complaints come in, 35 is where it'll go. But people should be resting their stars sometimes..

One thing's for sure, it'll be as good as we can get it by the time playoffs start.

League advancing tomorrow @ 11-12 eastern (11 if no one's about to play)

Don't change the fatigue settings at all anymore. Ror nailed it. They fatigue quicker, but now sitting them for a couple of minutes or calling a timeout actually helps them regain energy quicker/to a greater extent. When I called a timeout before I would be lucky if all my players gained two points of energy. I think in our game tonight I saw one guy go up 5 during a timeout.
I liked the fatigue, I didn't change my rotation at all from what it was before the update, subbed people out at roughly the same time and such.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:
I'll play you. I can be in the lobby in 5.

k,meet you there.

Matrix

That fatigue shit was awful wasnt it Chris?

Matrix said:
That fatigue shit was awful wasnt it Chris?

Yeah it was pretty bad. That was only 6 min. qtrs., it would have really sucked with 8 min. I think we should move it down a bit, personally. It's not like you can just call a timeout everytime they're tired; you only get 6 timeouts.

Matrix

I swear I just kept subbing and subbing and subbing.

I'm all for being able to use your bench,but dammmm I might aswell let the cpu sub for me,it can do it a hellva a lot faster than I can.

You cant even get into a groove with your best players cause they die every 2 mins,need to sit for what seems like a year and they come back and lose fatigue just as fast.

Matrix

K,ill be in the lobby in 5.

You be home.

Matrix

Howard played the whole 4th on 28 fatigue :lol

This is sooo fun.

DMczaf

I tried using auto subs for the full game, but in the 4th the game wouldnt let Mourning out of the game. He was at 28 and the game said "HE WILL DIE ON THE COURT!!!"

I think Fifty programmed this patch.

Matrix

I used auto subs for the first half and I was like **** this,Dm is going to blow me away if I dont get JJ/Hito or Hwaor back in the game.

Manually doing it is such a bitch now and its not helping anyway.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I used auto subs for the first half and I was like **** this,Dm is going to blow me away if I dont get JJ/Hito or Hwaor back in the game.

Manually doing it is such a bitch now and its not helping anyway.

Wow really? I find the manual subs are quite easy. About 4 minutes into the game my PF and C need a breather. With about a minute left in the 1st my SF and PG go out. At the break everyone gets a rest and Ray is usually still at around 84. I'll play him another minute or so depending on the pace of the game. I then bring my SF back and put my backup SF at SG so Ray can rest. About halfway through the second quarter I can bring back my starters (including Ray) and he will have high 80's or low 90's. I play that lineup till halftime and then pretty much rinse and repeat in the second half. I'm not sure what you guys do but I didn't find the fatigue an issue at all.

I sub players out when they get to 80. I can usually get my bigs out at around 82. I will call a timeout if I can't get a player out before they hit like 77 or around there.

Matrix

What I meant was manual subbing is easy and what I did before this fatigue thing became an issue cause it doesnt matter when I sub my players out,they are always dead tired so fast.

True do you want to play our game tonight after the week is advanced? I'm going to be studying for an exam most of the night so I could use a break later.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey Fifty, instead of the whole fly by night IM thing about the league, maybe you can help me out. As you can see:

nba1iu3.jpg

nba2ay7.jpg

No invite for the new league. I checked the in game stuff and nothing either. We had this same problem before and Konex had to send me the invite. Is there another commish?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellie: if you are looking for the invite for the fantasy league it should show up on your 2k homepage (online home I think). If not then I'm no help.

Is there gonna be a commish around at 11:00 est? Jobber and I were hoping to make play our game then. Will that work??

Chris: tomorrow would be better. One thrashing a night is all I can take.

Fifty

I don't want to have Fantasy talk in here but this is an exception:

If you weren't in the first league, ignore this message!

long story short.....the first league wouldn't let us do a fantasy draft.
blame 2K.
I need people to join the new one DM created. Since you're around, can you please go on XBL>join leagues> right button> and then search for 'gaf'..the password is 'wince' pick the team you had and then we're well on our way again. sorry but it's 2K's fault!

Top Bottom