• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Truelize said:
Wellie: if you are looking for the invite for the fantasy league it should show up on your 2k homepage (online home I think). If not then I'm no help.

Is there gonna be a commish around at 11:00 est? Jobber and I were hoping to make play our game then. Will that work??

I'll spot you 30 points.

After playing 10 online games, in the last 24 hours, my dream of playing SIM games online is all but over. It's all lob the pass all the way to half court, run around to the hole and dunk. On top of players dying on the court.

Hell, I ran into people who can make your lineup change display disappear before you're done subbing people. My point was to check my online timing on my jump shots instead I got 4th quarter RUN TO THE HOLE AND DUNK time for whoever I played.

Not that I cared that I lost or whatever. It's just sad RUN, HOP STEP, AND DUNK is all the "great" players can do.

AkaBalla

jobber said:
I'll spot you 30 points.

After playing 10 online games, in the last 24 hours, my dream of playing SIM games online is all but over. It's all lob the pass all the way to half court, run around to the hole and dunk. On top of players dying on the court.

Hell, I ran into people who can make your lineup change display disappear before you're done subbing people. My point was to check my online timing on my jump shots instead I got 4th quarter RUN TO THE HOLE AND DUNK time for whoever I played.

Not that I cared that I lost or whatever. It's just sad RUN, HOP STEP, AND DUNK is all the "great" players can do.

Your saying I did that tactic to u? Mr. 54 points out of 76 in the paint vs my Rockets *cough* i mean Tmac's..??

AkaBalla said:
Your saying I did that tactic to u? Mr. 54 points out of 76 in the paint vs my Rockets *cough* i mean Tmac's..??

I think he was referring to random people online, not people in this league. As someone that has spent a lot of time playing randoms, I can only agree with his bleak assessment of the online community for this game.

True, why do you have to be so scared all the time? ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Reset? anyone around? Dang it there should be someone else with commissioner powers.

Chris James said:
True, why do you have to be so scared all the time? ;)

You don't scare me at all Chris. But looking at my record I haven't had too many nights where I'm all excited to play again right after a good spanking. So one a day is fine with me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
Reset? anyone around? Dang it there should be someone else with commissioner powers.

Yup. We got 2 east coasters. We need someone who lives on the west side

True if you beat Jobber tonight and then win your 2 make-up games you will have the same record as me, and will be (arguably) in the race for the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm giving you a pep talk so you beat Jobber, wanna fight about it?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
True if you beat Jobber tonight and then win your 2 make-up games you will have the same record as me, and will be (arguably) in the race for the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm giving you a pep talk so you beat Jobber, wanna fight about it?

:lol I'll keep the Sonics for Season 3 if I can get Jarvis Hayes again from whoever takes the Wizards or another good backup SF. I like this team now. It's just that I haven't really figured Ray out yet. Juan was awesome with Ray and sucked with Rashard. I'm the other way around it seems.

jobber

AkaBalla said:

not you. Some of the higher ranked players online.

Fifty

What we need is 2K not to boot people so games need resetting. The goddamn website isn't working anyway. You guys should just postpone the game. We'll advance once the site lets me get in and you can just make it up later if you want.

Fifty

jobber said:
I believe the Hornets are passed around like a bong.

Yep. Great comparison. We're passing them around till the season's over. You'll play someone using them. Who?! STAY TUNED.

btw **** 2K and their shitty site. I'm not waiting around tonight. Assume it advances tomorrow.

dannyglover2104.jpg

I'm getting too old for this shit!

So, in lieu of the situation, can you play tonight True or did that 1/2 of a game burn you out? I know I'm pestering you, but I've been reading a boring ass book all night and could use some excitement in my life (in addition to the bong that's being passed around).

edit: Yeah AKA, I'm sure he won't mind playing against you :lol

well, color me surprised. I wouldn't want to play the league's best player for my makeup game :)

CB3

well, color me surprised. I wouldn't want to play the league's best player for my makeup game

I aint no punk bitch! Id take the challenge

DCX said:
is it humanly possible for me to get a game in tonight?

DCX

If its set to our week we could try again. the stupid website isnt working so i cant tell

DCX

DCX
Cool, i play Aka and usually he is up and playing in the morning, now he isn't around :( Sucks, i want a piece of the Big Wall, Mt Mutumbo, Lazy Eye and the rest of the Rockets crew.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Chris if you can play tonight I'll be around at about 10 est, so anytime between then and 12 est would be perfect for me.

Whatcha think?

DCX

DCX
Well i now have game to make up with Jobber, Wellie and Cold...plus my current week game with Aka. Wellie i could play a game tomorrow, i have off so i will be free sometime tomorrow night, before 11pm. Jobber, we can play anytime you are around and we have a mod, same with Cold. Aka, whenever you are ready for the LeBron train to roll into town, let me know.

DCX

Truelize said:
Chris if you can play tonight I'll be around at about 10 est, so anytime between then and 12 est would be perfect for me.

Whatcha think?

Yeah that works perfectly for me. I probably won't want to play 'til around 11:30 EST (gf has to watch her Lost), so plan on that.

Fifty

I'm going to post this one final time because it got stuck as the last post on the previous page so people probably missed it.

I don't want to have Fantasy talk in here but this is an exception:

If you weren't in the first league, ignore this message!

long story short.....the first league wouldn't let us do a fantasy draft.
blame 2K.
I need people to join the new one DM created. Since you're around, can you please go on XBL>join leagues> right button> and then search for 'gaf'..the password is 'wince' pick the team you had and then we're well on our way again. sorry but it's 2K's fault!

4 left. DCX, Konex, Matrix and Wellie. I'm busy tonight so it's up to DM and you reading this post to make sure these guys get in (unless you want to wait till sunday to draft) We're shooting for Thursday night as the draft (if you disagree, post on the league site, not here) thus the urgency. Thanks and good luck in week 20.

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Well i now have game to make up with Jobber, Wellie and Cold...plus my current week game with Aka. Wellie i could play a game tomorrow, i have off so i will be free sometime tomorrow night, before 11pm. Jobber, we can play anytime you are around and we have a mod, same with Cold. Aka, whenever you are ready for the LeBron train to roll into town, let me know.

DCX

Tonight is fine, What time will u be free? I would like to hit the sack @ midnight tonight Est time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Kemesi,I'm free to play 11 eastern on tonight,I'm not free Thursday and I'm free from like 8:30 pm eastern on Friday.

AkaBalla

Imma stick around for another 10 mins... Then im done fo the night.. TOmorrow im able to stay up later.. Name a time if im not here tonight..

Imma hop in the shower ill chekc my aim or XBL when im done

CB3

Kirk drops the mid-range jumper to prevent triple OT :)

I couldnt buy a shot from Gordon(2/12) or from 3 point range(1/10)

But my boy Jamison dropped 30 :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG kememsi.

I couldnt buy an outside basket with anyone but Posey :\

kememsi

Matrix said:
GG kememsi.

I couldnt buy an outside basket with anyone but Posey :\

yeah ggame. your team was unstoppable man. its weird, my team usually doesnt make that many baskets :lol . Did the mods change the settings?

And yeah, i coudnt buy a rebound.

DMczaf

Code:
7.  	Los Angeles Lakers  	 r0rschach   	20  	11  	9  	0.550  	81.9  	0.0
8. 	Los Angeles Clippers 	kememsi 	20 	10 	10 	0.500 	71.8 	0.0
9. 	Miami Heat 	DMczaf 	19 	9 	10 	0.470 	73.9 	0.0
10. 	Utah Jazz 	MalleyMal 	19 	9 	10 	0.470 	77.8 	0.0
11. 	Orlando Magic 	matrixadw 	20 	9 	11 	0.450 	84.3 	0.0
12. 	Detroit Pistons 	MightBeWrong 	20 	8 	12 	0.400 	70.8 	0.0

Playoff Race, GAF style!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well the Sonics won again and Ray shot really well. Actually both Chris and I shot above 50%, it was pretty crazy.

Jobber I'm gonna be busy tomorrow night but maybe Friday night we can get our game in. Other than that sometime on the weekend.

3 more wins puts me in that race too.

DMczaf said:
Code:

Playoff Race, GAF style!

Aww thanks for including me in the race. I've been beating myself up over my loss to True, so maybe I still have a chance :) Too bad my final 4 games are against opponents with a combined record of 48-30 (Fifty, Malley, DCX, and Rors). I'm gonna have to buy the guys some strippers for the locker room before the game or do something to fire them up...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I still have to make up my games with Jobber, Juan and Cold. Like I said above, tomorrow doesn't work but sometime soon.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Code:

Playoff Race, GAF style!
If it wasn't for the broken 360, I'd be fighting for #3 instead of #7 :(

Fifty

Did we really get 5 games played tonight? Wow! Maybe I should leave GAF more often ;) You guys did great.

edit: Aka, why are you not in the fantasy league?! Did the game kick you out or did you quit without telling any of us. If you didn't leave we'd be able to set a time now.

jobber

Rorschach said:
If it wasn't for the broken 360, I'd be fighting for #3 instead of #7 :(

3rd seed = mine kthxbi

and I hope this season's playoff system is fixed. No way the higher ranked team should be playing the 1st game at the other team's arena.

Yes, homecort means something.

jobber

Fifty said:
Jobber you want to play now?

uh sure

I'm all weeeeeeeeeee now anyway. I'll try to keep up with you.

e.: if you don't show by 2am est, i'm going to get my beauty sleep.

e.#2 : n/m

jobber

my 360 quit reading my disc during the loading screen

brb!

ugh it's not working

cancel tonight. I need to figure out if EB will take this copy and buy a different copy the next day

Fifty

That happened twice in a row. It's too late for me to keep trying...We'll try again tomorrow @ 10 ish if I'm around, otherwise the game waits.

Top Bottom