• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
I have a theory, its called the "True Lies" theory (maybe it's just a hypothesis):

True has deceived us all into thinking he's one of the worst ballers in the league with his sub-par record. However, what we don't know is that he has 3 unplayed games left to make up in addition to the last 4. True is going to win all of these games and squeak into the playoffs at 12-12. From there on, he will be a force to be reckoned with and win the championship, causing all sorts of hell to break loose and maybe even causing the Earth to explode. Someone must stop him!

Here's my proof:

exhibit 1

exhibit 2

and most recently, exhibit 3

These are his 3 most recent games. We must stop this from happening to save the league and the world!

:lol That's an awesome theory. I hope it keeps up. The biggest thing I've done differently is I stopped using my router during the games. Everything runs so much smoother now during the games and I can actually make a shot or two.

Wellie: we talked quick tonight but then you disappeared so you must have headed to bed. But I'm home all day tomorrow. I'll most likely be sitting on my couch playing games. Message me there if I don't answer AIM and lets get our game in.

Cool beans.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
:lol That's an awesome theory. I hope it keeps up. The biggest thing I've done differently is I stopped using my router during the games. Everything runs so much smoother now during the games and I can actually make a shot or two.

Wellie: we talked quick tonight but then you disappeared so you must have headed to bed. But I'm home all day tomorrow. I'll most likely be sitting on my couch playing games. Message me there if I don't answer AIM and lets get our game in.

Cool beans.

Been on aim for about 2.5 hours now, no True sighting.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well Chris your theory has been broken. I'm back to losing.

Hey and just so everyone knows. On defense if you hit the A button it lets you switch defenders. It's a cool system.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You know, your complaints are why I didn't want to play in S1.

1) I control the PG on D and that's it. Take advantage. Rors killed me with Smush, Dm demoished me with Terry, Arenas shat all over me, and Deron Williams raped me like an Illini cheerleader. I even asked before the season started if it was cool, and everyone said yes. Better than you who switches to a defender and continually swipes at the ball. You call that D?

2) My "fullcourt passes" that you commented on in game often barely made it passed the halfcourt line. What do you want, for me not to run any fastbreaks when that is how the team should be played? No one else has complained.

Anything else?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
You know, your complaints are why I didn't want to play in S1.

1) I control the PG on D and that's it. Take advantage. Rors killed me with Smush, Dm demoished me with Terry, Arenas shat all over me, and Deron Williams raped me like an Illini cheerleader. I even asked before the season started if it was cool, and everyone said yes. Better than you who switches to a defender and continually swipes at the ball. You call that D?

2) My "fullcourt passes" that you commented on in game often barely made it passed the halfcourt line. What do you want, for me not to run any fastbreaks when that is how the team should be played? No one else has complained.

Anything else?

Oh so you mean the teams that have a top rated PG played well against a human controlled defender? Shocking.

How is switching to the player closest to your guy and hitting the steal button not playing D? I was playing a zone. I guard a zone on the floor and then try to intercept passes and get to your guy before you pull the trigger. I need to play zone cause my team rebounds quite poorly.

I thought a lot of your full court passes were bad. We aren't allowed to push the ball that fast off a FT ever and you did it off every miss. And most times your full court pass would get to a player at half court and then that player would just do the jump-turn and pass animation to someone that was inside the three point line.

Your half court offense was awesome. The way you shoot with Melo and Johnson killed me. And you got some really good lucky breaks. You hit a three with Camby and got two offensive rebounds with Boykins when it was him VS Rashard, Wilcox and Sene. Thems the breaks.

But the last time I said anything negative about the way you play video games you didn't talk to me for 14 months on AIM so I'm sorry I brought it up. It's nothing personal.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
Oh so you mean the teams that have a top rated PG played well against a human controlled defender? Shocking.

Wellington said:
1) I control the PG on D and that's it. Take advantage. Rors killed me with Smush, Dm demoished me with Terry, Arenas shat all over me, and Deron Williams raped me like an Illini cheerleader.

Smush and Deron top rated?

Truelize said:
I thought a lot of your full court passes were bad. We aren't allowed to push the ball that fast off a FT ever and you did it off every miss. And most times your full court pass would get to a player at half court and then that player would just do the jump-turn and pass animation to someone that was inside the three point line.

I rest my case there.

Truelize said:
Your half court D was awesome. The way you shoot with Melo and Johnson killed me. And you got some really good lucky breaks. You hit a three with Camby and got two offensive rebounds with Boykins when it was him VS Rashard, Wilcox and Sene. Thems the breaks.

Thanks, you used Rashard and Jesus to drive to set up jumpers so I had to go into various zones.
But the last time I said anything negative about the way you play video games you didn't talk to me for 14 months on AIM so I'm sorry I brought it up. It's nothing personal.

Lets be friends.

kememsi

very frustrating but good game mally.

thats what i get for being on the phone while playing the first half!

ex boyfriends and their drama! :lol

i cant seem to win a game anymore - oh well.

gg

Fifty

This is the kind of emotion I want everyone to show!

Two teams out of the playoffs bringing the drama. Feisty! You guys deserve to both be in the playoffs.

DMczaf

Code:
7.  	Los Angeles Lakers  	 r0rschach   	21  	11  	10  	0.520  	81.0  	0.0
8. 	Los Angeles Clippers 	kememsi 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	72.0 	0.0
9. 	Miami Heat 	DMczaf 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	75.2 	0.0
10. 	Utah Jazz 	MalleyMal 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	78.5 	0.0
11. 	Orlando Magic 	matrixadw 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	84.4 	0.0
12. 	Detroit Pistons 	MightBeWrong 	20 	8 	12 	0.400 	70.8 	0.0

Down to the wire. 3 games left! (Pistons actually have 4 games left)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That 8th spot is mine!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
Code:
7.  	Los Angeles Lakers  	 r0rschach   	21  	11  	10  	0.520  	81.0  	0.0
8. 	Los Angeles Clippers 	kememsi 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	72.0 	0.0
9. 	Miami Heat 	DMczaf 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	75.2 	0.0
10. 	Utah Jazz 	MalleyMal 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	78.5 	0.0
11. 	Orlando Magic 	matrixadw 	21 	10 	11 	0.480 	84.4 	0.0
12. 	Detroit Pistons 	MightBeWrong 	20 	8 	12 	0.400 	70.8 	0.0

Down to the wire. 3 games left! (Pistons actually have 4 games left)

I still have 6 games left. But I can't see myself getting in. Maybe just screwing someone else up.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
I still have 6 games left. But I can't see myself getting in. Maybe just screwing someone else up.

I have 5 games that I never got a chance to play, one of them down as a win. Juan and I hadn't hooked up for two games (one my fault the other DaddyZs), Jobber keeps ducking me, and I owe DCX a beatdown. The other is a win from the ownerless Hornets.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I have 5 games that I never got a chance to play, one of them down as a win. Juan and I hadn't hooked up for two games (one my fault the other DaddyZs), Jobber keeps ducking me, and I owe DCX a beatdown. The other is a win from the ownerless Hornets.
Well we can play tonight if you aren't busy, i have today off and can play after the laddies go to bed, around 9-9:30pm. Hopefully.

DCX

Fitty, can we get our game in tonight? I want to find out if I still have a shot at the playoffs or not!

I probably won't be able to play until after 24 though (after 10 EST).

Fifty

The longer we wait, the longer you believe you have a chance. I don't want to hurt you.

But yeah, I guess we can play then. No promises but I'll probably be around. This is the priority league after all, despite the excitement of the other.

Fifty said:
The longer we wait, the longer you believe you have a chance. I don't want to hurt you.

But yeah, I guess we can play then. No promises but I'll probably be around. This is the priority league after all, despite the excitement of the other.

You said in the "other league" thread that you might be around from 4-6 to play. If you are I would like to get the game in soon.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty,how was the lag with Dm?

Matrix

DMczaf said:
No lag.

Except for the lag between Hughes and Bibby's brains and their arms when shooting! T-Mac is going to Jordan them later today.

:lol

Fifty

Rip Hamilton can suck my dick. Overrated POS mask wearing pussy. Dude's got a release just like Stephanie Jackson's. I don't give a shit about seeding any more. It's all about the playoffs. I played like shit. I don't know why Chris' record is so bad. If he played like that every game he'd be a top 5 seed.

I told Chris early in the season to be decisive above all else. And now he's got the jumper down with Hamilton, just like my nemesis Jobber. It's almost impossible to defend in the mid range area if they shoot ASAP (Like I told him to!!)

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Rip Hamilton can suck my dick. Overrated POS mask wearing pussy. Dude's got a release just like Stephanie Jackson's. I don't give a shit about seeding any more. It's all about the playoffs. I played like shit. I don't know why Chris' record is so bad. If he played like that every game he'd be a top 5 seed.
It's all those scrimages i have had with him :p

DCX

OK, I'm officially still in the playoff race. For how long remains to be seen...

GG Fifty, sorry you're mad about Rip :D I can't help it, somebody had to step up and that was a must win game for me.

Oh, and the reason my record isn't better is because I had a faulty disc. Now that I have this new copy I should be "good to go".

Matrix

Congrats Chris,beating that team is pretty damn hard.

My team doesnt match up well at all against Fiftys Dallas :(

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Matrix: wanna play tonight after the league is advanced? You can take advantage of my slump. :]

I should be able to play midnight/12:30 eastern time.

Fifty

Wellie is playing a game. Anyway, we don't have time to go back in the schedule right now. Be content with your win :)

Matrix

Rors,I'll be in the lobby in 10 mins if you still want to play.

Matrix

Cool,Im in the lobby ready to get owned by Smush again :(

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Beat him Rors! Beat him for me!!! BEAT HIM!!!11111

Oh he will most likely,I crack under pressure.

But Im taking down T-wack after if you're around!

Top Bottom