• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty said:
I have no idea what the tiebreaker is. It's not H2H record oddly enough. I'm in 2nd place and jobber's in 3rd, but we have the same record and he's 2-0 against me. I don't feel like figuring out what decides it, but it's not an admin option.

edit: Crikey, that's a first Chris outshoots DCX 60% to 45% and loses by 11.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=58730&g=3088467

I'm guessing the steals (18-3 in DCX's favor, as well as the 14-0 FTs) were the deciding factor.

Yep, I had way too many turnover to win the game. I blew it. Oh well. I'm going to pass out now, peas.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DMczaf said:
But I have less than the Lakers and Im #7

hmm you're right

split games...Lakers won by 9, Heat won by 10

then if that's the case, I should be 2nd.

I'm lost.

e: Jazz and Warriors have the same record but the Jazz scored more points and is in 5th which only reinforces the PPG thing o_O

AkaBalla

DMczaf said:
I figured it out, its in alphabetical order by Team Name :lol

I knew that since NFL 2k5... Once the playoffs generate wont be the exact teams in order as the standings for seedings and such.

Fifty

Ok, time to get this show rolling. 1.5 weeks are left before we can start the playoffs!

Games this week:

Kems - AKA

Jobber - CK

Trulize - Matrix

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
Ok, time to get this show rolling. 1.5 weeks are left before we can start the playoffs!

Games this week:

Kems - AKA

Jobber - CK

Trulize - Matrix

I've been waiting for Kems to show up on aim this weekend and havent seen her.. I was really itching to play this game since she has playoff hopes.. Gotta earn em'

I had an idea today: If any of the 8 (7) people that don't make the playoffs are interested in having a little NIT (aka losers) type tourney during the real league playoffs, let me know and we could start one up just for the hell of it.

jobber

^^I'll play too since I need the tournament achievement points.

and CK fears me

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No Jobber. It's for the people that DON'T make the playoffs.

Chris I think that's an awesome idea. Same teams and no trades so people have to play with the actual roster that the NBA gives us. :)

jobber

you losers suck
I'll have no mercy on you next time

BTW, 2K updated the rosters

jobber said:
you losers suck
I'll have no mercy on you next time

BTW, 2K updated the rosters

Maybe you could play with a really bad team like the Blazers, who knows. We'll have to see if we have enough interest to warrant this tournament of big hearted men (and possibly women).

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Maybe you could play with a really bad team like the Blazers, who knows. We'll have to see if we have enough interest to warrant this tournament of big hearted men.

But you've seen what I've done with a sucky team in this season! Atleast give me a choce of sucky teams to suck with.

Rorschach

jobber said:
But you've seen what I've done with a sucky team in this season! Atleast give me a choce of sucky teams to suck with.
Hawks!

Hrm..just noticed Dm's last game is a free win...that means if I lose, I'm out of the playoffs unless matrix beats cold.

Code:
1.  	Houston  	22  	20  	2  	0.910  	83.0  	0.0
2. 	Dallas 	22 	16 	6 	0.730 	92.5 	0.0
3. 	Indiana 	22 	16 	6 	0.730 	79.8 	0.0
4. 	Cleveland 	23 	15 	8 	0.650 	80.2 	0.0
5. 	Utah 	23 	13 	10 	0.570 	80.2 	0.0
6. 	Golden State 	23 	13 	10 	0.570 	74.9 	0.0
7. 	Miami 	23 	12 	11 	0.520 	75.8 	0.0
8. 	LA Lakers 	23 	12 	11 	0.520 	81.7 	0.0
9. 	Chicago 	23 	11 	12 	0.480 	69.9 	0.0
10. 	LA Clippers 	22 	10 	12 	0.450 	72.8 	0.0

If my some miracle the Clips beat Houston and dallas, she's still out with a Chicago win. I'm screwed either way because it's alphabetical. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ugh. I was sitting pretty at the #4 spot for a while also. Then i hit this slump and my asshole players decided they didnt like hitting their shots anymore..

AkaBalla

When the season is officially over i will add everyones SOS in 2k terms to see if i'm right about playoff seedings.

I will add the total number of wins your opponets have that you've beaten. I have a feeling thats how it works. NFL 2k was like that and i was right on the money. Actually i'll do a little homework today. I'll post it later.

AkaBalla

#7 Heat = 127 + Game Vs Hornets = 2 or 3 wins

#8 Lakers = 124 + Game vs Pistons 9 or 10 wins

#9 Orlando = 109 + Game vs Seattle 5, 6 or 7 wins & Game vs Chicago 11 or 12 wins

#10 Chicago = 105 + Game vs Magic 10, 11 or 12 wins

#11 Clippers = 85 + Game vs Houston 20, 21 or 22 wins & game vs Mavs 16, 17 or 18 wins

If playoffs ended today

Rorschach

AkaBalla said:

#9 Orlando = 109 + Game vs Seattle 5, 6 or 7 wins & Game vs Chicago 11 or 12 wins

#11 Clippers = 85 + Game vs Houston 20, 21 or 22 wins & game vs Mavs 16, 17 or 18 wins

If playoffs ended today
The ironic part is that if you did it alphabetically, it would end up the same even after the last game wins. :lol

kememsi

AkaBalla said:

If playoffs ended today

ill be available from 7pm ET today and I'll be on AIM - lets play our game

jobber

Malleymal said:
Can he come for me too??? (Tim Hardaway)

I think we are scheduled for the last week

ewwwww

For you, i'll have to use a different method of offense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
jobber said:
:lol @ my wide open layups rimming out

gg sir wellington

Yeah. I totally lucked out in that game. It was close all the way through, but you would have won it at the end if your guys didn't go ice cold.

Fifty

It's time Konex earns his pay and says something. I'm not even a commish after what happened a few days ago...but I made Aka one. DM is too. If they want to assign wins or recommish me to do that, that would be good.

jobber

Fifty said:
It's time Konex earns his pay and says something. I'm not even a commish after what happened a few days ago...but I made Aka one. DM is too.

wtf?!

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
It's time Konex earns his pay and says something. I'm not even a commish after what happened a few days ago...but I made Aka one. DM is too. If they want to assign wins or recommish me to do that, that would be good.
I didnt even know i was comish. Fifty you can take care of the rest of the season since yous tarted it. if you need assitance in next myself and Dm will help you.

Fifty

Matrix and Truelize is the only game from this week I regret having to cointoss but so be it. It's not gonna affect the playoffs.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
Matrix and Truelize is the only game from this week I regret having to cointoss but so be it. It's not gonna affect the playoffs.

Kems gets a sim win this week? She is MIA after her message today... Quoted in saying After 7pme st tonight ill be on aim.. MIA she is MIA

Fifty

Look, I gave you the win. Same with me over Konex. It's kinda a no brainer. I would have given Matrix a win straight up but Truelize has been so good lately I tossed a coin.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
Look, I gave you the win. Same with me over Konex. It's kinda a no brainer.

Ok was just making sure.. I was hoping Kems would earn her way to the playoffs and not earn her way out with lack of scheudling a game..lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty I tried to play True...he didnt want to,he said he couldnt deal with the game right now.

ok cb.

AkaBalla

#9 Orlando = 114 + Game vs Chicago 11 or 12 wins

So the playoff spot #8 is basically between the Lakers and Magic. If the Lakers lose and the Magic win the Magic would be ahead of the Lakers by 1 game total of amount of opponets wins who you have beaten.

Only game the Bulls are playing this week is "Spoil The Magic's Playoff Hopes".

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL RULING ON HOW PLAYOFF SEEDINGS OCCUR. THIS IS JUST BASED ON NFL 2k's PLAYOFF TIEBREAKERS.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im finally getting bored with this game.

sucks for me :(

Cb beat me on a mini fastbreak dunkfest run and I could never get back in the game,im out.

Ok, so Rorschach is going to make it no matter what then? Good, now I won't feel so bad when I beat him :D

I'll be able to play later tonight or tomorrow if you feel like it Rors.

Rorschach

Finally, I haven't played in forever because of the servers and the lack of advancement in the week. Bet I'm rusty as hell. :(

ChrisJames said:
Ok, so Rorschach is going to make it no matter what then?
Nope, it's still between me and Matrix [edit] Oh..nm just saw matrix' posts haha [edit2] I still say 2k was dumb enough to make it alphabetical...may be out to chicago.

Good, now I won't feel so bad when I beat him :D
*gulp*

I'll be able to play later tonight or tomorrow if you feel like it Rors.
Tonight sounds good. Might as well get it over with. :O

[edit3] message me on aim. I'll probably be afk playing something, but I'll have the sound on.

Top Bottom