• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

I'm going to be one and done this year.

This game has too many issues with the online issues for me to endure multiple leagues. The fact the lineups and rotations don't save properly for whatever reason is a huge deal breaker for me. As someone that has made a trade, for some asinine reason the game put a real life starter (Vlad Rad) on reserve and I can't bring him off

Barring a major patch; this game is getting sold the millisecond this season is over.

Ramirez

viakado said:
do it, or else another baby will die at the hands of obama.

btw, ramirez, im open to play tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry, I won't be home til tomorrow...but I can play Sunday night if you're free.

well my first full game went as expect, got stomped. my only problems were a) points in the paint and b) opponent trying to steal every single inbounds pass. he only actually stole a couple but its a pain in the ass.

regarding points in the paint he only had 42, but he shot a lot of FT's off drives and brandon roy had 2 outside shots out of 14. basically it went throw the ball to roy, drive into the lane, get a foul call or easy dunk. maybe thats how he is in real life i dont watch the blazers.

not really complaining about the loss cause i was going to lose regardless. i'm not sure how to draw foul calls because the animations looked the same when he got "fouled" and when i drove to the bucket, missed, and got no call but maybe there is a trick to doing it i dont know!

p.s. mods can you reset the mavs bulls game? thanks... friends!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well my first full game went as expect, got stomped. my only problems were a) points in the paint and b) opponent trying to steal every single inbounds pass. he only actually stole a couple but its a pain in the ass.

regarding points in the paint he only had 42, but he shot a lot of FT's off drives and brandon roy had 2 outside shots out of 14. basically it went throw the ball to roy, drive into the lane, get a foul call or easy dunk. maybe thats how he is in real life i dont watch the blazers.

not really complaining about the loss cause i was going to lose regardless. i'm not sure how to draw foul calls because the animations looked the same when he got "fouled" and when i drove to the bucket, missed, and got no call but maybe there is a trick to doing it i dont know!

p.s. mods can you reset the mavs bulls game? thanks... friends!

the refs have an agenda against you.

Shawnwhann said:
Yo Viakado, we need to reverse our trade we made yesterday. Unfortunately this POS game doesn't save lineups. What that means is that no matter what I try, Kobe is stuck at PG and Vlade Radmanovic is stuck on reserve (he was supposed to be my starting PF...) etc.

awww...i like bynum too :(

alright send me a proposal. i seem to can't do it on the 2k site and im not at home.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
I'm around now if you want to get our game in.
gg, hard to stop the entire Raptors team when all their interior shots go in, and the ones they miss they just grab and put those in too...that third quarter was vintage 2k for me, i missed every shot he took, but he made his :lol shot for shot i missed he made. Oh well, after my miserable season in madden this is nothing.

DCX

DMczaf

DCX said:
gg, hard to stop the entire Raptors team when all their interior shots go in, and the ones they miss they just grab and put those in too...that third quarter was vintage 2k for me, i missed every shot he took, but he made his :lol shot for shot i missed he made. Oh well, after my miserable season in madden this is nothing.

DCX

Wanna play another? I'm the Magic

I need to get my NBA2K legs back!

Smokey

mavs/bulls game has been reset

dcx you want to play today?

Airbrian what did you do? There's no option for me to invite a user into league..maybe try joining again through the game.

edit: nvm dcx, I was able to get 3 tickets to the Rockets game tonight from TMAC's trainer who's a friend of mine so I'll have to catch you some other time!:D

BigAT

DCX said:

DCX

Yeah, we actually had an extremely tight game until I went on that run in the 3rd. I don't know what the hell that was about. I have the Raptors in another league and I've never had anything like that (not that I'm complaining).

So is points in the paint calculated as PIP - (second chance pts) - (fast break pts) or is it just one or the other? From the description in the OP it sounds like it's PIP minus both 2nd chance AND fast break but in this post (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13451030&postcount=841) you make it sound like it's just one. Just want clarification on that.

Also, do second chance points appear anywhere on the online league site? It doesn't look like they show up in those box scores, only the in-game one.

daw840

BigAT said:
Yeah, we actually had an extremely tight game until I went on that run in the 3rd. I don't know what the hell that was about. I have the Raptors in another league and I've never had anything like that (not that I'm complaining).

So is points in the paint calculated as PIP - (second chance pts) - (fast break pts) or is it just one or the other? From the description in the OP it sounds like it's PIP minus both 2nd chance AND fast break but in this post (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13451030&postcount=841) you make it sound like it's just one. Just want clarification on that.

Also, do second chance points appear anywhere on the online league site? It doesn't look like they show up in those box scores, only the in-game one.

If your down to play another league game I am here.

daw840

I don't know about you guys, but I think the 3-pt sliders need to be modified. I have been having some amazingly open looks with good 3 shooters and they always brick. This is ridiculous.

edit: Stats for 3 pt shots from the game with Big AT.

1-16 Raptors
3-17 Nuggets

That seems totally insane. If we cap scoring in the paint, it should at least be possible to make 3-pt shots.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
daw840 said:
I don't know about you guys, but I think the 3-pt sliders need to be modified. I have been having some amazingly open looks with good 3 shooters and they always brick. This is ridiculous.

edit: Stats for 3 pt shots from the game with Big AT.

1-16 Raptors
3-17 Nuggets

That seems totally insane. If we cap scoring in the paint, it should at least be possible to make 3-pt shots.

Nah, 3PTers are fine where they are IMO

You sure you got the release points down?

daw840

Cerrius said:
Nah, 3PTers are fine where they are IMO

You sure you got the release points down?

Well, I can nail 3-pts just fine offline and on random ranked games....but not in league play

Smokey

BigAT said:

\\

PIP = points in paint - 2nd chance points

BigAT

I appreciate that it's early, but if the Jazz, Suns or 76ers want to get in their game with me, I'll be around the next few hours.

AirBrian

Smokey said:
mavs/bulls game has been reset

Airbrian what did you do? There's no option for me to invite a user into league..maybe try joining again through the game.
I did nothing. After our game quit, I went back into My Leagues where it promptly said I'm not a member of any leagues. And I can't join back because the league isn't open. Not sure what to do here...???

Sorry, FMT, I can't play until I'm back in the league. :lol F'n 2K!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If we can't get AirBrian back in the league cant' we just restart the whole thing? Would the people that have played games already be against that? Or is it waste because we have no clue if it will just happen again?

I might be able to play some ball later this afternoon guys. I'll look for my opponents on Live.

BigAT

pheeniks said:
gg AT. i couldnt hit free throws to save my life

and WTF was up with the sub screen at the end?

I was wondering if you had that as well, what the hell was that about? It was bad enough when it happened the first time, but then the CPU auto subbed Bosh right back in and it stayed back up again. Oh well, gg. Score doesn't show how bad you dominated most of the game.

Smokey

Truelize said:
If we can't get AirBrian back in the league cant' we just restart the whole thing? Would the people that have played games already be against that? Or is it waste because we have no clue if it will just happen again?

I might be able to play some ball later this afternoon guys. I'll look for my opponents on Live.

I'm going to mess around and see if there's some option to invite users.

Mrbob

Ok someone help me out here.

I see daw has me listed last night as one of four temas to play. Can we play our games ahead of a said schedule???

Also, are we resetting the league tonight? I have a game planned this evening against me week 1 opponent and won't play it if we are starting over.

Edit: I'm on the league page right now...I see we can play all the week 1 teams right away?

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Ok someone help me out here.

I see daw has me listed last night as one of four temas to play. Can we play our games ahead of a said schedule???

Also, are we resetting the league tonight? I have a game planned this evening against me week 1 opponent and won't play it if we are starting over.

Edit: I'm on the league page right now...I see we can play all the week 1 teams right away?

Yeah you have 5 games up top and those are your week 1 games. You can play those in any order you like just as long as they are also online.

I'll reset the league. I was over at 2k and when somebody leaves the league you cannot re-invite that same GT back into the league.

They amaze me everyday really w/ something new. My patience is really running thin..

I'm going to see if I can make it w/ the latest rosters. The default roster that we're on has people on the inactive list that shouldn't be and vice versa and OF COURSE when you try and move a player between the two it won't save your changes..

Is the league restarting or one shy of a even amount of users? If so on either counts; I'll bow out and let CB run with the Lakers if that is the case.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the H, how is airbrian out of the league!?

The game magically dropped him and of course in typical 2K fashion, there's no way to re-invite him in..

Shawnwhann said:
Is the league restarting or one shy of a even amount of users? If so on either counts; I'll bow out and let CB run with the Lakers if that is the case.

If you bow out then we will be shy one person yes. I'm basically restarting it while it's really early since there's no option to re-invite him which is amazing.

Hold on.

Under a flurry of sub-menus I found the option through the game. So AirBrian I just sent you an invite to try and get back in here.

Top Bottom